• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fixes to PhpBB contribution

adrian##

Thanks to all! Appreciate any input as I don't want my osC messed up it's working nicely.

...So I upgraded my phpBB from 2.06 to 2.11

Is this osC Contrib compatable with the latest phpbb 2.11?

inquisitivemind, Your server must be down (I tried your link?)

Thanks, KJ

Edited by Top_Speed

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top speed can you try it again... if its still not working can you tell me where you are located. seems to be working for me...

I personally installed 2.08 and then applied all the patches i found in this and other threads. i did intende to release it so that others dont have to go through all the hassel that i did but i just havent had the time not to mention i probably havent found all the bugs....

I guess once you install this version you could upgrade it manually to 2.11.

Top speed can you try it again... if its still not working can you tell me where you are located. seems to be working for me...

Sorry, I get this: Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

I'm in US, DSL connection, I never had a problem locating url's before so definately check into that.

On the phpbb contrib, I think I will wait for a finished version, no sense picking up bits and pieces and taking a chance I miss one.

Cheers, KJ

I personally installed 2.08 and then applied all the patches i found in this and other threads. i did intende to release it so that others dont have to go through all the hassel that i did but i just havent had the time not to mention i probably havent found all the bugs....

I guess once you install this version you could upgrade it manually to 2.11.

Hey, I've been thinking the same :)

Rewrote the manual and repackaged the install package for the mod. Just doing final testing on everything. Also thinking of including the new upgrade to the latest phpBB2 (11 I think).

How far down the line are you with this? Maybe we can combine forces ;)

A.

Update

OK, everything works beautifully now.

Just installing the latest patches and then the username mod as mentioned earlier in this post.

Once I'm happy everything is how it should be, I'll update my manual and zip up a complete package.

BTW If anyone has requests for further mods, let's hear them and I'll include the most wanted ones in the package :D

Axel

Update

OK, everything works beautifully now.

Just installing the latest patches and then the username mod as mentioned earlier in this post.

Once I'm happy everything is how it should be, I'll update my manual and zip up a complete package.

BTW If anyone has requests for further mods, let's hear them and I'll include the most wanted ones in the package :D

Axel

hmm .. i saw at the old contribution that there is no infobox .. can you implement any topics_anywhere mod .. you know .. like we can have centered infobox .. in example instead of What's new for .. we can have Latest 10 topics on Forum ...

great work .. let me see it posted in contribution :)

hmm .. i saw at the old contribution that there is no infobox .. can you implement any topics_anywhere mod .. you know .. like we can have centered infobox .. in example instead of What's new for .. we can have Latest 10 topics on Forum ...

great work .. let me see it posted in contribution :)

it's a good idea. i'm looking into it.

btw. i'm having major trouble upgrading the phpbb though.

a.

btw. i'm having major trouble upgrading the phpbb though.

hmm... i've changed the files required and everything seems to be working apart from the updater file which spews out the following familiar error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in [somepath]/includes/modules/phpbb2/includes/db.php on line 60

BTW the same happens when i try to run the topic_anywhere script.

any ideas anyone?

PS my test site is here and works apart from the above problems

http://www.ampaintball.co.uk/shoptest/

a.

Edited by axelsegebrecht

Hello,

can put his patched files to me on version 2.0.11 at the disposal?

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=240636

http://www.phpbb.de/viewtopic.php?t=70839

Sorry dude, I don't understand what you are saying :(

Maybe it's too early in the morning for me to read forum posts though LOL

Axel.

i have follow error in phpBB 2.0.11

when i logged in then i became the error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/www/web32/html/webk001/includes/modules/phpbb2/privmsg.php on line 1819

regards

rainer

• 2 weeks later...
Also, make sure that you turn off the "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs" under Admin -> Configuration -> My Store. That stops the links being messed up for code that looks like:

op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=index.php

It appears it is only breaking the link on the breadcrumb????

Is there a place where you can set a proper search engine safe url for that breadcrumb?

• 1 month later...

hello gamerigs

i have been following these threats, you seem to be the one who has gotten closest to the problem iam having. i have instlled phpbb2 from chaveiro everything seems to be working fine (the log in drop is anoying but u seem to have solve that on the other threat i'll try fixing that after this prob gets resolved) When i try to click on the link admin/tools/forums community i get the following error. i have not seen this error posted elsewhere so i thought you might have some ideas.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in /home/petmenu/public_html/petcenter/includes/modules/phpbb2/includes/db.php on line 60

when i type in the url i get the same error. it seems it is not passing the log info to my sql so that i can have access.

my second question is: i am assuming that when i log into my osc admin that gives me also admin access to the phpbb2 so that i do not have to log in again as an admin to the forums, is that correect? in any case i can't set up an admin account for the forums cus i have not been able to access the admin area of the forums.

help!!!

ps is there as way of having this forum email one when there is a response to a posting??

carlos

• 2 months later...

I've tried really hard to install this contrib, but after several failures - and having read of so many other problems here - I'm coming to the conclusion that these two apps (phpBB and OCS) just aren't made for each other. However, I still need a forum.

So, I have two questions:

Can anyone recommend another bit of forum s/w which lives a little more happily with OCS?

Alternatively, I thought of just installing a seperate phpBB - appropriately dressed up in site colours etc - which was only reachable by members already logged into OCS. I'd make all the phpBB facilities open to 'guests' (to stop folks having to log-in twice), which isn't perfect but at least I'd know that posters were only from my OCS member-base.

So, question is: If you wanted to put a 'forum' link in a page ONLY visible to logged-in OCS members, which page would you use and what code would you employ? Many thanks in advance for any suggestions to either of the above.

Edited by SlowButwilling

After several tries, I dumped this Contrib also. Sounded good, just could not get the two to mesh. My phpbb is now outside the osC with a link on the osC and a return link on the phpbb.

--KJ

My phpbb is now outside the osC with a link on the osC and a return link on the phpbb.

--KJ

Thanks. This is more or less the conclusion I've come to, but I would prefer it if only people who have logged onto OCS could access the 'forum' link - i.e that it was on a page that non-logged in visitors did not see. Do you have any notion how that might be achieved?

TIA

I would prefer it if only people who have logged onto OCS could access the 'forum' link - i.e that it was on a page that non-logged in visitors did not see. Do you have any notion how that might be achieved?

Ah! Found it myself. For the benefit of anyone else, the code is in includes/header.php, the table block roundabout line 64.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to have phpbb separated from osc but still have the header an footer from osc, how do I accomplish this? I know that it is the /forum/includes/page_header.php that I should edit but trying to include appplication_top.php and header.php from there gives me alot of error messages. Has anyone done this successfully?

Can anyone offer a one step resource for phpbb integratyion with oscommerce. It seems that theirs threads all ove rthe place and its very confusing for someone interested in implimenting such a thing.

Can anyone help.

Try this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2952

I have it installed and working. Easy instructions.

StrictlyPC