• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fixes to PhpBB contribution

adrian##

Hi,

I have installed chaveiro's PHPBB 2.0.8a Contribution. I got everything to work, except that I cannot go into admin.

When I type:

http://localhost/catalog/admin/bb_default.php in my browser, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\FoxServ\www\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 29

My line 29 in application_top.php looks like this:

require('includes/configure.php');

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

David

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

Nevermind, I found the fix for this:

In catalog/includes/application_top.php FIND:

CHANGE TO:

if(defined('ADMIN')){
require('../../includes/configure.php');
}else if(defined('IN_PHPBB')){
require('../includes/configure.php');
}else{
}

ALSO In catalog/includes/configure.php

DELETE

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

FIND

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

ADD

if(defined('ADMIN')){  
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', '../../images/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', '../../includes/');
}else if(defined('IN_PHPBB')){
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', '../images/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', '../includes/');
}else{
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
}

The above fix was taken from oldpa's phpbb contribution, so all credits goes to him.

That should do it!

StrictlyPC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I wonder if anyone can help with this...

I have installed the PhpBB contribution. Everything seems OK, but I get the following problem:

When I log-in and then Post 'anything', i.e. a reply, I get the dreaded

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by

(output started at c:\apache\htdocs\catalog\modules.php:28)

in

c:\apache\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\phpbb2\posting.php on line 591

The post is successful, but I am then showing as 'logged out', and must log-in again.

Any help at all would be gratefully received.

:(

Regards

Steve

Hi,

there is an answer either on this thread or another phpBB thread... it took me a hile to find, but from memory, there are some lines of code in posting.php which relate to cookies that need to be commented out.... (I think that they also exist in general.php too)

cheers

andy

with ten thousand dollars we'll all be millionaires

• 2 weeks later...

im installing the phpbb contrib posted on osc's site and im stuck at this point in the install. Im hosted on a windows server and not sure what to do with this.

###########################################################
Perform the folowing command at .\catalog if on a unix shell :

ln -s includes/modules/phpbb2/templates/ templates

This creates a virtual folder to where templates are really and is important as allow to install other templates without any modifications.
If you dont have access to unix, it should be possible to implement using a the modwrite engine at .htaccess. Or just replicate the folder includes/modules/phpbb2/templates/ to /catalog/.
###########################################################

check my site at www.fatkap.net i just pput osc in yesterday.

i finished the install skipping that step and the forum works with some miscelaneous errors.

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at path\modules.php:28) in path\includes\modules\phpbb2\viewtopic.php on line 55

From much searching of the forums i fixed all my errors and my forums seem to be running fine. Now i know i saw somewhere how to turn the side blocks on and i cant seem to find that again. Does anybody know how?

i added this forum contribution successfully.. but there's a strange slash problem

When adding or editing the post,

For example,

How's things

becomes

How\'s things

Any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by kennlee

• 3 weeks later...

What is wrong with me I am the only one that cant get this mod to work.

I have problems in login.php, logoff.php, account_edit.php and Create account.php

I followed the instructions exactly and the bug fixes

in login.php it wont login it just brings me back to the login page. i cant log in at all.

in create_account.php i get this error

1146 - Table 'compunee_John77.TABLE_PHPBB_USERS' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_PHPBB_USERS (user_id, user_active, username, user_password, user_session_time, user_session_page, user_lastvisit, user_regdate, user_level, user_posts, user_timezone, user_style, user_lang, user_dateformat, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_emailtime, user_viewemail, user_attachsig, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allowsmile, user_allowavatar, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_rank, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) values ('78', '1', 'KLkjl;kj', 'f05bed2c1c56a15ba32acf6430bf24a3', '1094420320', '0', '', '1094420320', '0', '0', '0', '1', 'english', 'D M d, Y g:i a', '0', '0', '0', '', '0', '1', '0', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '0', '1', '1', '0', '', '0', '[email protected]', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '')

[TEP STOP]

but i looked in my DB and it is there as clear as day

and the line is there in database_tables.php

why wont it work please help

• 3 weeks later...

I've read some and scanned all of the phpBB discussion on this forum that I can find. It seems that the contribution for using phpBB and oscommerce together don't really connect the two. I've signed up on a few sites using it and have to register twice to join the forums and attempt to order something.

After some more investigation I might attempt to merge the two in a way. In other words, having the customer/forum member database be one. Has anyone tried this? I think it would be nice to have one login for both. Most of the sites I maintain don't have a need for just an ecommerce system but more or less a forum with the ability to allow members to purchase things via an ecommerce system.

• 1 month later...

I've had it working fine on my website previously, but un-integrated it (following instructions for converting a nuked-phpbb2 back to standalone) so that I could integrate phpbb2 with a coppermine gallery. That integration was more important to me, and I didn't see the point in making my users enter in as much customer info as osC requires just to use the forums.

My $.02.

-jared

im a lost noob, do i install the base phpbb app to includes/modules/phpbb2/ of the oscommerce site? if i do this, will i need to run the phpbb install? if so, how? (i pointed to includes/modules/phpbb2/install/index.php and the server says im not auth to view file...

is there a rewrite of the install instructions, I cannot fully understand the english in the current install text. I can get phpbb to run as a seperate script, but when making the two (osc and phpbb) work as a team thats where all hell breaks loose

• 1 month later...

WEll searching high and low for fixes and such and got the admin side working (I think, the admin panel comes up at least) But if I click on the link on the main page I get:

http://www.MyDomain.com/location-to-store/catalog/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=index.php

The browser then gives me the page can not be found. I turned off search engine safe URLS but still get the same. Ideas?

Edited by 1quicksi

So it is possible to have 1 universal login for both osc and phpbb using this contrib???

on my site it is working form first try, visit HERE

you can test it .. we're going live on 1st of January .. we will delete everything before 1st.

also i have following two questions for developers of this contribution;

- Have you heard of latest hacks on phpbb .. they recommned upgrade to 2.11 .. what cen WE do

- Have you try to make any INFOBOX for latest topics or something .. i have tried several mods within phpbb but they seems not to work, because i guess there are some differences in paths or urls

thanx

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seriously wanting to combine my phpBB forum with osC. The above site mentioned I could not even find his Forum?

Does anybody have this working with the osC shell (I still want the L&R boxes). I also could not decript the zip file: PHPBB 2.0.8a implementation in oscommerce ms2

I use WinZip and it say there is a problem with the zipped file?

With all the formentioned problems, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, KJ

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

go back and take another look at:

Aussiehealthandfitness

If you look at the top of the page you will see a tab that says forum try clicking that.... if thats no good there is also a link under the information box. it says Forum. Its still under development but now its mainly the look of the site we're working with.

Hi top_speed

as i remember the zip file has two extensions .. just remove the last one .. it is like contriv.rar.zip .. or reverse .. .zip.rar .. just remove last extension ...

but there is other thing .. i strongly recommend NOT to install this contribution, because at PhpBB forum they strongly advice upgrading to 2.11 version, since in older version are bugs found, and already some sites went down because of hacking, with little help form this bug :blink:

i have posted few questions about upgrading here on this forum but no answer .. so untill fix my phpbb forum is down :thumbsup: :(

if you read this thread and the other couple that are around you will find the fixes for all your questions... there all here you just have to look for them... I personally dont have the time to go looking for you but there all here.

maybe i wasn't clear enough .. i was talking about security risks and critical update .. mentioned on phpbb site .. a month ago .. where they say that everybody should upgrade to 2.11 version ... SECURITY RISK