adrian##

if is phpbb want to change languages by osc

open phpbb functions.php find

function init_userprefs($userdata) 
{ 
  global $board_config, $theme, $images; 
  global $template, $lang, $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path; 
  global $nav_links; 

if ( $userdata['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS ) 
  { 
     if ( !empty($userdata['user_lang'])) 
     { 
        $board_config['default_lang'] = $userdata['user_lang']; 
     } 

if ( !empty($userdata['user_dateformat']) ) 
     { 
        $board_config['default_dateformat'] = $userdata['user_dateformat']; 
     } 

if ( isset($userdata['user_timezone']) ) 
     { 
        $board_config['board_timezone'] = $userdata['user_timezone']; 
     } 
  } 

if ( !file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_main.'.$phpEx)) ) 
  { 
     $board_config['default_lang'] = 'english'; 
  } 

include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_main.' . $phpEx); 

if ( defined('IN_ADMIN') ) 
  { 
     if( !file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_admin.'.$phpEx)) ) 
     { 
     } 

include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/lang_admin.' . $phpEx); 
  }

change to

function init_userprefs($userdata) 
{ 
  global $board_config, $theme, $images; 
  global $template, $lang, $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path, $language; 
  global $nav_links; 

if (tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) 
{ 

if ( $userdata['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS ) 
  { 
     if ( !empty($userdata['user_lang'])) 
     { 
        $board_config['default_lang'] = $userdata['user_lang']; 
     } 

if ( !empty($userdata['user_dateformat']) ) 
     { 
        $board_config['default_dateformat'] = $userdata['user_dateformat']; 
     } 

if ( isset($userdata['user_timezone']) ) 
     { 
        $board_config['board_timezone'] = $userdata['user_timezone']; 
     } 
  } 

if ( !file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $language . '/lang_main.'.$phpEx)) ) 
  { 
  } 

include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $language . '/lang_main.' . $phpEx); 

if ( defined('IN_ADMIN') ) 
  { 
     if( !file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $language . '/lang_admin.'.$phpEx)) ) 
     { 
     } 

include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $language . '/lang_admin.' . $phpEx); 
  } 
}

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldpa, I cant download your files. I tried signing up several times, and I never got the confirmation emails, and I did check my spam folder. I would like to get the PHPBB and IPB mods off of you, so can you please tell me how to download them.

• 3 months later...

anyone else getting this when posting topics/replies to the integrated forums? I'm using the 2.0.8 updated contrib from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2116 . I suppose I could go back and install the 2.0.6 version, but I've spent so much time trying to get this finished (albeit most of it spent on this particular error) that it's turning into a grudge match.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/croppi2/public_html/staging/modules.php:28) in /home/croppi2/public_html/staging/includes/modules/phpbb2/viewtopic.php on line 555

I know that the standard answer to this is that there is typically a language file somewhere with extra whitespace after the closing ?> in the file, but it seems I've checked all of them multiple times and can't find any whitespace left.

Anyone else with this problem?

I know that there are other websites with this integration working . . .

-jared

I'm getting the same thing when a user creates an account and clicks continue. The funny thing is that the account still creates and is logged in. Here is my message:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for tep_get_zone_name() in \catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 260

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at \catalog\includes\functions\general.php:260) in \catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

Another thing is the forum uses surnames (ex. JSmith), so if a user even used that account it will direct them to oscommerce and say email account cannot be found. But if the user logs in to oscommerce first, it works fine. My work around to that is to remove the actual login box and password section in the forum and just add something like: To access forum you must sign in to your oscommerce account. My greatest concern is the error specified above. Please need help badly. I've been up for days trying to get this to work.

In case you guys were wondering, i have had the oscommerce site working fine with all the other contributions. My errors started when i tried to intergrate the phpbb2 forum into my cart. So i have never had this problem with the general.php page. Thanks.

Thanks jcall.

Unfortunatly i commented out the cookie session in viewtopic.php as stated in the forum link you specified and still didn't work. I still get the error message when you create an account. It does make sense about the double cookie session been sent causing this error, but i can't centralize what page is sending the cookie request when you are creating an account. Thanks again and if any ideas please post.

dmarre - you have to do similar comments in other files that are giving you errors: create_account.php, etc.

I'm still having this problem with privmsg.php and profile.php, but this may be happening only when I'm not logged in.

Still checking . ..

-jared

Jcall,

I have looked for similar code in the page or pages that are giving me the errors but i can't find any code similar to the code that is being said to be commented out for viewtopic.php. If i'm misreading the link you told me to check please explain for me.

I can't believe it, finally after many hours of work that damn message has gone away. I noticed that i was also getting this message in account_edit.php after entering the contributions code. So what i did was comment out the code which was being duplicated in account_edit.php and create_acount.php. The code contains, tep_get_zone_name

account_edit.php

// #CHAVEIRO16# BEGIN PHPBB2 
  $sql_data_array = array('username' => strtoupper(substr($firstname,0,1)) . ucwords(strtolower($lastname)),
        //'user_from' => tep_get_zone_name((int)($customer_country_id),(int)($customer_zone_id)), 
        'user_session_time' => time(),     	 
        'user_email' => $email_address);                              
     tep_db_perform(TABLE_PHPBB_USERS, $sql_data_array,'update', "user_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");
// #CHAVEIRO16# END PHPBB2

create_account.php

$sql_data_array2 = array('user_id' => $customer_id,
                        'user_active' =>1,
                           'username' => strtoupper(substr($firstname,0,1)) . ucwords(strtolower($lastname)),
                           'user_password' => md5($password),
         'user_session_page' => 0,
         'user_lastvisit' => '',
                           'user_regdate' => time(),
       'user_level' => 0,      
                           'user_posts' => 0,
    	 'user_timezone' => 0.00,
    	 'user_style' => 1,
    	 'user_lang' => 'english', 
    	 'user_dateformat' => 'D M d, Y g:i a',
    	 'user_new_privmsg' => 0,
    	 'user_unread_privmsg' => 0,
    	 'user_last_privmsg' => 0,
    	 'user_emailtime' => '',
    	 'user_viewemail' => 0,
    	 'user_attachsig' => 1,
    	 'user_allowhtml' => 0, 
    	 'user_allowbbcode' => 1,
    	 'user_allowsmile' => 1,
    	 'user_allowavatar' => 1,
    	 'user_allow_pm' => 1,
    	 'user_allow_viewonline' => 1,
    	 'user_notify' => 0,
    	 'user_notify_pm' => 1,
    	 'user_popup_pm' => 1,  
    	 'user_rank' => 0,   
    	 'user_avatar' => '',   
    	 'user_avatar_type' => 0,
    	 'user_email' => $email_address,
    	 'user_icq' => '',
    	 'user_website' => '',
    	 //'user_from' => tep_get_zone_name((int)($country),(int)($zone_id)), 
    	 'user_sig' => '',
    	 'user_sig_bbcode_uid' => '',
    	 'user_aim' => '',
    	 'user_yim' => '',  
    	 'user_msnm' => '', 
    	 'user_occ' => '',
    	 'user_interests' => '',
    	 'user_actkey' => '',
    	 'user_newpasswd' => '');                         
     tep_db_perform(TABLE_PHPBB_USERS, $sql_data_array2);
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PHPBB_GROUPS . " (group_name, group_description, group_single_user, group_moderator) VALUES ('', 'Personal User', 1, 0)");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PHPBB_USER_GROUPS . " (group_id, user_id, user_pending)VALUES ('".tep_db_insert_id()."', $customer_id, 0)");

Since the user will not be updating information from the forum because their primary account manager is their oscommerce account, it seems that zone code is not needed for the contribution. And if it is, it seems to work fine without it. If you would like to test it, you can go to:

Onpoint Systems Forum

In case you can't see where i did the change, the code has // in front of it.

Now to tackle the next task.

Jcall thanks for all your help.

Talking about the next task, here it is. When i click on any of the links in the forum like, FAQ/search/memberlist/usergroups/profile/mail, etc. i get this error.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in \catalog\includes\modules\phpbb2\includes\db.php on line 60

This is what i have in line 60 of that page.

// Make the database connection.
$db = new sql_db($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpasswd, $dbname, false);
if(!$db->db_connect_id)
{
  message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, "Could not connect to the database");
}

I read somewhere that i had to set my default database to mysql and rename my table to mysql. Now i don't want to rename my table to MYSQL. Where can i change the forums or phpbb2 default database to my database name?

I can't believe it, finally after many hours of work that damn message has gone away. I noticed that i was also getting this message in account_edit.php after entering the contributions code. So what i did was comment out the code which was being duplicated in account_edit.php and create_acount.php. The code contains, tep_get_zone_name

account_edit.php

CODE 

$sql_data_array = array('username' => strtoupper(substr($firstname,0,1)) . ucwords(strtolower($lastname)),

//'user_from' => tep_get_zone_name((int)($customer_country_id),(int)($customer_zone_id)),

'user_email' => $email_address);                             

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PHPBB_USERS, $sql_data_array,'update', "user_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");

create_account.php

CODE 

$sql_data_array2 = array('user_id' => $customer_id,

'user_active' =>1,

'username' => strtoupper(substr($firstname,0,1)) . ucwords(strtolower($lastname)),

'user_lastvisit' => '',

'user_level' => 0,     

'user_posts' => 0,

'user_timezone' => 0.00,

'user_style' => 1,

'user_new_privmsg' => 0,

'user_emailtime' => '',

'user_viewemail' => 0,

'user_attachsig' => 1,

'user_allowhtml' => 0,

'user_allowbbcode' => 1,

'user_allowsmile' => 1,

'user_allowavatar' => 1,

'user_allow_pm' => 1,

'user_notify' => 0,

'user_notify_pm' => 1,

'user_popup_pm' => 1, 

'user_rank' => 0, 

'user_avatar' => '', 

'user_avatar_type' => 0,

'user_email' => $email_address,

'user_icq' => '',

'user_website' => '',

//'user_from' => tep_get_zone_name((int)($country),(int)($zone_id)),

'user_sig' => '',

'user_aim' => '',

'user_yim' => '', 

'user_msnm' => '',

'user_occ' => '',

'user_interests' => '',

'user_actkey' => '',

'user_newpasswd' => '');                       

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PHPBB_USERS, $sql_data_array2);

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PHPBB_GROUPS . " (group_name, group_description, group_single_user, group_moderator) VALUES ('', 'Personal User', 1, 0)");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PHPBB_USER_GROUPS . " (group_id, user_id, user_pending)VALUES ('".tep_db_insert_id()."', $customer_id, 0)");

Don't forget to change the login.php as well! Otherwise, your customers won't be able to login and receive the same error as with the ones above:

$last_visit = 0;
    $current_time = time();
    $check_bbusers_query = tep_db_query("select *  from " . TABLE_PHPBB_USERS . " where user_id = '" . $check_customer['customers_id'] . "'");

if (!tep_db_num_rows($check_bbusers_query)) {
	 // Creates forum account if does't exists already
	 $sql_data_array = array('user_id' => $customer_id,
                        'user_active' =>1,
                           'username' => strtoupper(substr($check_customer['customers_firstname'],0,1)) . ucwords(strtolower($check_customer['customers_lastname'])),
         'user_lastvisit' => '',
       'user_level' => 0,      
                           'user_posts' => 0,
    	 'user_timezone' => 0.00,
    	 'user_style' => 1,
    	 'user_new_privmsg' => 0,
    	 'user_emailtime' => '',
    	 'user_viewemail' => 0,
    	 'user_attachsig' => 1,
    	 'user_allowhtml' => 0, 
    	 'user_allowbbcode' => 1,
    	 'user_allowsmile' => 1,
    	 'user_allowavatar' => 1,
    	 'user_allow_pm' => 1,
    	 'user_notify' => 0,
    	 'user_notify_pm' => 1,
    	 'user_popup_pm' => 1,  
    	 'user_rank' => 0,   
    	 'user_avatar' => '',   
    	 'user_avatar_type' => 0,
    	 'user_email' => $check_customer['customers_email_address'],
    	 'user_icq' => '',
    	 'user_website' => '',
    	 //'user_from' => tep_get_zone_name((int)($check_country['entry_country_id']),(int)($check_country['entry_zone_id'])), 
    	 'user_sig' => '',
    	 'user_aim' => '',
    	 'user_yim' => '',  
    	 'user_msnm' => '', 
    	 'user_occ' => '',
    	 'user_interests' => '',
    	 'user_actkey' => '',
    	 'user_newpasswd' => '');                         
	 tep_db_perform(TABLE_PHPBB_USERS, $sql_data_array);
 } else {
        $userdata = tep_db_fetch_array($check_bbusers_query);
     $last_visit = ( $userdata['user_session_time'] > 0 ) ? $userdata['user_session_time'] : $current_time; 
        tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_PHPBB_USERS . " SET user_session_time = '".$current_time."', user_session_page = '0', user_lastvisit = '".$last_visit."' WHERE user_id ='" . $check_customer['customers_id'] . "'");
     $userdata['user_lastvisit'] = $last_visit;
 }

Did anybody solve this issue on viewprofile etc. ?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/domain/public_html/modules.php:28) in /home/domain/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

What do you mean by take a template from phpbb206? Is that the same as adding a template from phpbb or is that from the oscommerce contribution?

The reason i ask is because I get the same error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /catalog/modules.php:28) in /catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

But i can't understand your fix. I get this error when i click on profile link and mail link in the forum. I'm using the orange101 template from phpbb. If you could explain that a little more i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Ok, I see where your problem is! I have still the same one as you do. I was logged in and it only happens if you require registered users to open topics or make posts. The problem is in the code of posting.php in the last two lines:

// The user is not authed, if they're not logged in then redirect
// them, else show them an error message
//
if ( !$is_auth[$is_auth_type] )
{
if ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
?message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, sprintf($lang['Sorry_' . $is_auth_type], $is_auth[$is_auth_type . "_type"]));
}

switch( $mode )
{
?case 'newtopic':
?	$redirect = "mode=newtopic&" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=" . $forum_id;
?	break;
?case 'reply':
?case 'topicreview':
?	$redirect = "mode=reply&" . POST_TOPIC_URL . "=" . $topic_id;
?	break;
?case 'quote':
?case 'editpost':
?	$redirect = "mode=quote&" . POST_POST_URL ."=" . $post_id;
?	break;
}

$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
}

Edited by SwissChris

Oh i see, you just downloaded the files for your template and reinstalled and it happend to just work fine. Cool. I decided to look at the message you were getting when posting and i get this error when posting with a logged in user:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at \catalog\modules.php:28) in \catalog\includes\modules\phpbb2\posting.php on line 589

So what i did was comment out the following code from \catalog\includes\modules\phpbb2\posting.php.

//setcookie($board_config['cookie_name'] . '_t', serialize($tracking_topics), 0, $board_config['cookie_path'], $board_config['cookie_domain'], $board_config['cookie_secure']);

Which is on line 589. After that change a logged in user is able to post fine, can you believe that!

Here is the other funny thing which is what you said in your last post. When an unregistered user attempts to add a post i get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at catalog\modules.php:28) in \catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

and your right, it's the last to lines of that redirect section. Looks like we have to find were FILENAME_LOGIN is defined and check the url, unless you have already fixed it.

Here is a simple solution to:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/swissm5/public_html/modules.php:28) in /home/swissm5/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Situation:

Registered user required to open topics or to post a reply. When opening a new topic and one is not logged in the above error occurs. Simply included a javacript redirect in the case someone is not logged in and everybody not logged in is redirected to login.php. Probably, there are more ellegant methods to solve it, but it works fine for me:

//
//
{
{
 message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, sprintf($lang['Sorry_' . $is_auth_type], $is_auth[$is_auth_type . "_type"]));
}

switch( $mode )
{
 case 'newtopic':
	 $redirect = "mode=newtopic&" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=" . $forum_id;
	 break;
 case 'reply':
 case 'topicreview':
	 $redirect = "mode=reply&" . POST_TOPIC_URL . "=" . $topic_id;
	 break;
 case 'quote':
 case 'editpost':
	 $redirect = "mode=quote&" . POST_POST_URL ."=" . $post_id;
	 break;
}
?>
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
if (navigator.javaEnabled()) 
window.location = "login.php";
else 
//  End -->
</script>
<?php
}

Sorry! Here's a bit more detail on how to go about the changes:

Here is a simple solution to:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/swissm5/public_html/modules.php:28) in /home/swissm5/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Situation:

Registered user required to open topics or to post a reply. When opening a new topic and one is not logged in the above error occurs. Simply included a javacript redirect in the case someone is not logged in and everybody not logged in is redirected to login.php. Probably, there are more ellegant methods to solve it, but it works fine for me:

New Code about line 326 of includes/modules/phpbb/posting.php

//
//
{
{
 message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, sprintf($lang['Sorry_' . $is_auth_type], $is_auth[$is_auth_type . "_type"]));
}

switch( $mode )
{
 case 'newtopic':
	 break;
 case 'reply':
 case 'topicreview':
	 break;
 case 'quote':
 case 'editpost':
	 break;
}
?>
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
if (navigator.javaEnabled()) 
else 
//  End -->
</script>
<?php
}

Original Code to replace with the above

//
//
{
{
}

switch( $mode )
{
 case 'newtopic':
	 break;
 case 'reply':
 case 'topicreview':
	 break;
 case 'quote':
 case 'editpost':
	 break;
}

$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
}

Yes, all seems working fine, but when you add standard phpbb 2.0.8 themes to the osc phpbb contrib, the drop down selection for categories won't work properly. Let's see who figures that one out! Do you encounter the same issue?

Will try to figure it out. Guess it be asking to much to have some kind of guide for themes? The standard just seems blend. Will post once I figure it out, so one can adjust themes. Please do the same!!!! :lol:

Also, did any of you get the login box to work?

Edited by SwissChris