• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS - Error Message

q582gmzhi

Hi,

I am trying to install STS, done what it says inthe notes.

getting the following error:

PHP Warning: main(STS_START_CAPTURE) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in D:\webppliance\conf\domains\w0557969905\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 511 PHP Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'STS_START_CAPTURE' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\webppliance\conf\domains\w0557969905\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 511

A few questions:

What permissions do I need in place for the files I installed, read, write etc????

There is a line that says: include_path='.;c:\php4\pear'

On my server I do not have a path of that description!!. I have a folder c:\PHP only. I assume I have to alter this setting somewhere, but where???

Is there anything else that would cause this error message???

Thanks

Darrell....

OK, I sorted it.

I was looking through the other comments on the forum and noticed that another person had put a comment about their configure.php.

On my Windows 2003 server, I had to tag up "catalog\includes\configure.php" as read only on the file attributes after installing osc, to stop the "able to write" to error meassage..

Subsequently when i ftp the amended configure.php with the new code in it could not overwrite it, but the FTP software did not come up with an error messge saying this.

So the steps:

Amend configure.php with the extra code

Before you FTP configure.php take read only attribute from the file on the server

Then FTP over the amended configure.php on the server.

Re-apply the read only attribute on the server.

Viola...

Darrell...