The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Step-By-Step Manual Order

frankl

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I was very clear ...

I need to create a manual order that will run through the regular card checkout process and most importantly update stock as it does so, ie use the regular checkout_process.php if possible.

It would be good if it updated the "bestsellers" table, as it appears that this mod does not.

I'm not sure I was very clear ...

I need to create a manual order that will run through the regular card checkout process and most importantly update stock as it does so, ie use the regular checkout_process.php if possible.

It would be good if it updated the "bestsellers" table, as it appears that this mod does not.

This mod does not link to any payment gateways at all at this time for security reasons.

With work it can be done though.

Also I have my version updateing the bestsellers table. It was not hard to do.

Just a note on this mod. Very usefull and working great! Added a few extra things along the way as well like many of you.

I did however have one thing happen (which still does happen but it is so minor it was not worth investigating any further) when running on an SSL connection.

Has anyone had the Create Order make the screen go real funky?? I did, and the fix was to change the HTTPS = 'on' to 'off' in both the Creat_Account.php and the Create_Order.php files. It does not affect the proccessing and the sstem still stys on my SSL cert.

Additionally, the minor issue mentioned above has to do with the border and background color for the column_left.php file. It's like it's not using the stylesheet, but I know it is. So like I said it aint no big thang!

Just thought I'd mention it.

Good work to all who took part in this mod. Wonderfull thing this net of ours!

I have this mod installed and working well EXCEPT... (there had to be an except, huh)

I also have Actual Attributes Price running, and need it. However, when I add a product manually, the final price treats the Actual Price from the attribute as an increment. For example, if a product is $100 and an attribute is a discount of $25 (shown in the options popup as $75), the final price becomes $175, not $75.

I can edit the price in the manual page, but I'm trying to streamline the process for someone a little less careful than me, who will need to do a lot of manual orders in a short time soon.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thx in advance.

Also.....when I go to dlete a customer, I get the dread 'Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object' error.

I see when other people have this error, it seems to be something to do with the fields set to false in the customer details and they get around it by editing that.

Can anyone tell me whether that time will be well spent?

I can easily delete customers in phpMyadmin, but will this corrupt my database?

Hello,

Can someone please explain this line in Edit Orders:

Payment Method: ------------ (Update to Credit Card to view CC fields.)

I am using AIM as my primary gateway and all I'm trying to do is manually complete the order. As a result of Recover Cart Sales, I process 4-5 orders a day over the phone from customers who already have an account with left-over contents in their cart. They then give me their cc and l complete the order. Now, I'm having to do it through Virtual Terminal in A-Net, then re-enter the data in Quickbooks. Very time consuming and a waste of time. Having the ability to complete the order, all information is passed into A-Net, into the qb_sale.iff and into Fedex Shipping Manager is a real time saver!

If I switched to Credit Card for this purpose only, would this process allow me to do this? If not, any suggestions?

Great contribution and thank you all!!

Greg

I noticed that when creating a customer, it sets the default_address_book_id to "1" in table customers. this makes it impossible to edit and possibly delete the customer by the normal methods.

to fix:

in catalog/admin/create_account_process.php, on the line below

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " (customers_info_id, customers_info_number_of_logons, customers_info_date_account_created) values ('" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "', '0', now())");

(in mine it's line 401)

add the following code:

$address_book_query = tep_db_query("SELECT address_book_id FROM address_book WHERE customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
while ($address_book = tep_db_fetch_array($address_book_query)) {
 $real_id = $address_book['address_book_id'];
       $sql_data_array_address_id['customers_default_address_id'] = $address_book['address_book_id'];
       tep_db_perform(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, $sql_data_array_address_id, 'update', "customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
}

and you're all sorted for future customers. for current customers, create a file "catalog/admin/account_clean.php" with the following in it, then run it by typing the url in. This will correct all the wrong entries.

<?php

require('includes/application_top.php');

$customer_query = tep_db_query("SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_default_address_id from customers");
 while ($customer = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_query)) {
$address_book_query = tep_db_query("SELECT address_book_id FROM address_book WHERE customers_id = '" . $customer['customers_id'] . "'");
while ($address_book = tep_db_fetch_array($address_book_query)) {
 if ($customer['customers_default_address_id'] == 1) {
   $real_id = $address_book['address_book_id'];
         $sql_data_array_address_id['customers_default_address_id'] = $address_book['address_book_id'];
         tep_db_perform(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, $sql_data_array_address_id, 'update', "customers_id = '" . $customer['customers_id'] . "'");
   $string .= '<br>updated entry for user ' . $customer['customers_firstname'] . '  ' .$customer['customers_lastname'] . ' to ' . $real_id;
 }
}
 }
 echo $string;

chris

Any idea how to make this contrib work with the credit card gateways we have installed? I really need that in this contrib to be complete.

Also, how is this contrib with attributes, I have seen some posts about problems adding the costs, does it work now?

Looking to install this asap

I have a little problem that bug me alot. I have some sub-categories with the same name

Exemple :

Additives -> Freshwater

Additives -> Saltwater

Foods -> Freshwater

Foods -> Saltwater

So when I do a manual or edit an order when I need to select a cat?gory in the list I saw 2 times Saltwater and 2 time freshwater and this is really anoying since I can't know in wichone to go and have to try all of them until I find the product. Is there a way to solve this I have no idea to what to do with that but it's becoming really anoying for me

Thanks

Yan

Totally agree!

I'm wondering if you can clip the code for the category drop down in admin/categories. I really haven't had time to look at it, but there must be some way of pulling the querry to show if it is a subcategory and if so, what it is under.

Edited by sirkyle

Ok, just poking around in admin/categories.php and found this code:

tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

Can't you just yank the code for tep_get_category_tree() and use that?

Read the whole thread and you will find the solution for your problems with the categories, I believe it is around page 9.

BR

Guy de Nooij

:ph34r:

Edited by Gui

Seize the Night!

Handy Contrib:

RSS News v0.8 Scrolls news from an xml file in a infobox.

Any one else having the problem that when you manually add items to an order that are on special that it does not calculate the price correctly. It lists it as the regular price.

If this has already been addressed let me know and I'll read through the thread.

Thanks

I am however,, having some problems.

When the order is on screen. and you select the payment option and click update,, I am getting errors on each option selected.

error as follows

(select any/all payment options,  and click update button)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/pencilb/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pencilb/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php:222) in /home/pencilb/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

I am getting the same exact error when I try to update the payment method... Did you find a resolutions for this problem yet?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

thanks for this great contribution. I can create new accounts and new orders ok. I just have one problem: when the customer receives an email update, the link looks like this:

https://sonicstars.infinology.com/catalog/a...hp?order_id=123

when I actually need it to look like this:

http://sonicstars.com/catalog/account_hist...hp?order_id=123

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks for any help you can offer.

Chris

The reason it looks like that is because that is the https address to go back to the account info page which is ssl secured. The only way to change it the other address is either to 1. turn off ssl for your site or 2. buy a site specific ssl cert and not a shared cert like you have now.

Incidentally, your https address does not work anyways. It is misconfigured in configure.php.

Edited by sionus

Hi Sionus,

thanks for the reply, but I don't have SSL enabled on my site (it is on a shared server).

The email sent to the webmaster with the subject "Order Process" gives the correct link:

http://sonicstars.com/catalog/account_hist...hp?order_id=125

It is just the order update which goes to the customer which gives the SSL link. Do you know which file I need to change in order to hard-code this link?

Sorry to sound like such a novice, but is configure.php something I need to talk to my web hosting company about?

thanks again

Chris