• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Abandoned Carts

Azer,

I am glad that 1.5b works on your MS1. However as to the date problem, I have a German user having the same date display, but he never told me what version he is on. However, he was having the problem with the previous releases as well I assume this has been an issue since the begining. I will look into getting that corrected if possible.

As to changing colors, font details, I actually removed all that from the orignal version when I when through in an attempt to bring it in line with the OSC look n' feel, without having to do a major overhaul of the work already done by JM Ivler, Jacob Schlottke, and Brandon Lord. Therefore I would recommend that that be done on a case by case bases by each user as they see fit. As for the price coming out with more than 2 decimal places, I will fix that soon, and put out another release.

I have a question for you. Is FRENCH your default language on your MS1? And are your product descriptions in French?

-Aalst

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shame in the code i gave for the bold customer , the quote didnt put the code in red but added the forum fomart [ COLOR=red ] instead

Is FRENCH your default language on your MS1? And are your product descriptions in French?

yes for both !

and your right for the layout and colors , we could see that aspect when the contribution is in a stable state !

B)

MS2

version 1.5b does NOT work on a fresh install osc2.2MS2 with SECv2_2MS2GV (Linda's) i will check tomorrow why not its 4 am now... :(

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Okay got it to work now :) being away from here for more then a 1/2 year doesnt help me much i see...lol

changed the code in /admin/includes/boxes/reports.php

//Admin begin

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_MONTHLY_SALES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_MONTHLY_SALES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_LOW_STOCK, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_STOCK_LEVEL . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_UNSOLD_CARTS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_UNSOLD_CARTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a>');

//                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_STATS_MONTHLY_SALES, BOX_REPORTS_MONTHLY_SALES) .

//                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED, BOX_REPORTS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED) .

//                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, BOX_REPORTS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED) .

//                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_STATS_LOW_STOCK, BOX_REPORTS_STOCK_LEVEL) .

//                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_STATS_UNSOLD_CARTS, BOX_REPORTS_UNSOLD_CARTS) .

//                                  tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL));

//Admin end

The tep_admin_files_boxes just didnt work properly (sorry) so i commented it out to 'basic' coding

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Druide,

version 1.5b does NOT work on a fresh install osc2.2MS2 with SECv2_2MS2GV (Linda's)

I have a clean OSC 2.2 MS2 enviroment using Linux, and it works fine with it. BTW what is SECv2_2MS2GV?

The tep_admin_files_boxes just didnt work properly (sorry) so i commented it out to 'basic' coding

If your tep_admin_files_boxes function is not working correctly, then you may not have a "fresh" install or something else is wrong, or even SECv2MS2GV has modified something it shouldn't.

tep_admin_files_boxes function is used by all the items displayed in the boxes in the admin console. I would consider this a major problem if it is not working for you.

I would not recommend anyone replacing a tep_admin_files_boxes function with something else.

Azer,

yes for both

Thanks!

-Aalst

Uploaded version 1.5 of Unsold Carts Report

You can download it from here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/contributions/Un...tsReport1.6.zip

Changes for version 1.6:

• Redesigned the table layout to place each piece of information in
    its own column
  • Flatened customer details into a single row and placed it as the
    first row of each cart
  • I hope this will be more inline with the other OSC reports and
    Admin pages, as well as easer to read and understand
  • Formated date using the format specified by DATE_FORMAT defined in
    each languages main language file.
    (FYI... The OSC DB only stores the date as a varchar(8) type for
    Customer Baskets, and not as a datetime type)
  • Product Description is now a link to the products read-only preview
  • Added Product Model to the carts details
  • Added Product Price to the carts details
  • Tested on OSC MS2
  • Not Tested on OSC MS1, but 1.5 seems to work per forums posts
  • ALL FILES WHERE UPDATED

Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

BTW for those who want to change colors and fonts of items in your OSC Admin or CATALOG, I would recommend using one of two ways.

• Modify /admin/includes/stylesheet.css or /catalog/includes/stylesheet.css this will help you make more broad and consistant changes across the whole site.
  • Modify only the language files of the page(s) in question. You are not limited to just place plain text in there, you can place HTML to change fonts and colors, and structure of the specific items you would like.

This is alot easier than digging through the php code in the main files and it will make sure you do not accidently make a PHP CODE change. Also if you do not like the results you can easily make more changes and you can have different colors and fonts for different languages.

I hope you find this more useful than before...

Adios...

-Aalst

Aalast, I had just finished adding v1.5b not 15 minutes before I saw your new post. Copied the new files, and this looks even better.

Thanks to everyone who's worked so hard on this contribution. I can tell it's going to be one of my most important.

Rachel

Great update to version 1.6 , it works like a charm :)

Thanks for your effort

Robert

great the 1.6 works for me in the ms1 !

for the css it s a good way to change all the admin , but for the case i only want to have the customer in bold ...

could someone tell me how to also put a blue color for it ?

for french people here is the french langiuage :

<?php
/*
 $Id:$ stats_unsold_carts.php,v 1.5b)

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

File Added by Aalst (stats_unsold_carts.php,v 1.6)
[email protected]
Nov 7th 2003
traduction by [email protected] 
*/

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Paniers Abandonn?s 1.6');

define('DAYS_FIELD_PREFIX', 'Montrer pour le(s) dernier(s) ');
define('DAYS_FIELD_POSTFIX', ' jour(s) ');
define('DAYS_FIELD_BUTTON', 'Go');
define('TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER', 'CLIENT(S)');
define('TABLE_HEADING_CART_DETAILS', 'DETAIL(S) PANIER(s)');
define('TABLE_GRAND_TOTAL', 'Total: ');
define('TABLE_CART_TOTAL', 'Total final panier : ');
// new since 1.6 - nouveaux define depuis la version 1.6
define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE', 'DATE');
define('TABLE_HEADING_EMAIL', 'E-MAIL');
define('TABLE_HEADING_PHONE', 'TELEPHONE');
define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'ARTICLE');
define('TABLE_HEADING_DESCRIPTION', 'DESCRIPTION');
define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTY', 'QUANTITE');
define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'PRIX');
define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL', 'TOTAL');
?>

2. for the Bold customer :

ligne 175 replace by :

<td class='dataTableContent' align='left' width='35%'><a href='" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'search=' . $inrec['lname'], 'NONSSL') . "'><b>" . $inrec['fname'] . " " . $inrec['lname'] . "</b></a></td>

ligne 182 : replace by

<td class='dataTableContent' align='left' width='35%'><a href='" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'search=' . $inrec['lname'], 'NONSSL') . "'><b>" . $inrec['fname'] . " " . $inrec['lname'] . "</b></a></td>

3. a proposition to have : quantity X unitprice = Total price

replace ligne 209 to 215 :

$cline .= "<tr class='dataTableRow'>
                   <td class='dataTableContent' align='left'   width='20%'>" . $inrec2['model'] . "</td>
                   <td class='dataTableContent' align='left'   colspan='2' width='40%'><a href='" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'action=new_product_preview&read=only&pID=' . $inrec['pid'] . '&origin=' . FILENAME_STATS_UNSOLD_CARTS . '?page=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], 'NONSSL') . "'>" . $inrec2['name'] . "</a></td>
                   <td class='dataTableContent' align='right'  width='10%'>" . $inrec['qty'] . "x</td>
                   <td class='dataTableContent' align='right'  width='15%'>" . $pprice_formated . "= </td>
                   <td class='dataTableContent' align='right'  width='15%'>" . $tpprice_formated . "</td>
                </tr>";

but for the equal , it seems it could be better

MS2

IDEA : wouldnt it be intersting to do an admin part to define :

1. the numbers of days by default that the contribution use

2. define some color to be able to focus more easily on big cart abandonned :

for instance : Green under 100 $ , blue between 100 - 300 red : more than 300 $

3. being able to sort the cart by : amount of cart , date ?

h?h? we frog seems to have never enough ... by the way my best regards to the developper and active members!

MS2

Azer,

You can change any of the basic items in the language file like this:

<font color="#0000FF"><b>Customer</b></font>Customer</b></font>

This makes the word Customer bold and blue.

However, for what you are asking is requires a change in the main file. The links are controlled by the CSS, if you change one you would change all. You could change the following in the Admin's CSS:

Find This:

a:link { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; }
a:visited { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #000000; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; }

Replace With:

a:link { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #0000FF; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; }
a:visited { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #0000FF; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; }

This will make all your ADMIN links ALWAYS BLUE and ALWAYS BOLD.

You can research HTML and look into embeded CSS and use this for just the report.

The default # of days can be change easily... find the following at lines 101 and 127:

$tdate = '30'

Then change the value from 30 to what every you want... this will be the new default value when you open the report.

As for your other suggestions, they are good, however, my intentions where to make it follow the OSC Look n' Feel of the default interface/theme. It is fairly plain, however it is still very easy to read and follow.

To provide the details you are looking for would require an config file or section withing the exisiting file that would hold the settings for what is the highest value for GREEN what is the highest value for BLUE, etc.

Sorting becomes a lot more complicated, and is something I have been thinking about since I first used the report, however, because of the complexities, I have not found the effort worth the funtionality it provides. At least not yet. :) It may someday come in to play.

I am glad you like it and it works for you on MS1...

Adios...

-Aalst

1.for the color , ihad to change the double quote by simple quote :

<font color="#0000FF">

by

<font color='#0000FF'>

2.for the coded color , we could as the the "30" days variable define it in the beginning of the contribution and make some "if" or case "statement" , it would be less propoer than an admin interface but that could be a beginning ... im gonaa give a try !

MS2

I havent thouroughly searched for peoples responses to this..

however, The telephone number situation on this is quite complicated, perhaps placing it below the name.

The dates get messed up by a couple days also.

a nice addition (*though I dont know how to code it in) would be to have the unsold cart only update when the person actually leaves the page. I have accidently sent emails seconds before a buyer bought.

I havent thouroughly searched for peoples responses to this..

however,  The telephone number situation on this is quite complicated, perhaps placing it below the name.

What do you mean? I do not understand. Are you talking about calling them? or the Look and Feel?

The dates get messed up by a couple days also.

Again I am lost as to how the dates get messeg up? I checked on mine and all the dates are correct, I compaired them to the DB stored dates and all are 100%. Could you give me an example with an explaination? Also double check the database that the dates stored in and double check, they are in Table customers_basket field customers_basket_date_added. They seem to be stored as YYYYMMDD if they are being stored differently based on your language file defentions I need to know so I can change my function that formats them to parse it correctly per that, right now I am assuming that they are being stored as YYYYMMDD. However if they are not stored this way they would be messed up most likely by months and not days.

a nice addition (*though I dont know how to code it in) would be to have the unsold cart only update when the person actually leaves the page.  I have accidently sent emails seconds before a buyer bought.

Thanks, and again (*sorry*) I do not understand. The customer baskets are created and updated in the DB in real time, and they are saved and can keep modify the cart until it is ready.

On my site I notice some people will place stuff in a cart and then a few days later come back and put more stuff, and eventually they buy it.

It is hard to predict what the people are doing, some like to save a cart until they are ready to purchase it, others change their mind and don't "REMOVE" items from it, or they had problems and gave up.

SO are you talking about about when the /catalog/shopping_cart.php page is left? I do not think you want that. People go back and forth between pages in and out of their cart. I would recommend waiting at least 24 hours before making a follow-up contact either by Phone or E-Mail.

-Aalst

HEAR YEA! HEAR YEA!

Met00 would like to branch off of a locked down stabilized version of Unsold Cart Report for his SCart tool.

I think 1.6 is the stable version for this. However, before I claim this, I would like to hear from all those who have been using it and let me know if you have found any BUGS or FLAWS that need to be fixed before calling it stable.

Let me know the following:

• Describe the bug or flaw
  • Provide a screen shot or a copy and paste of the problem
  • Sample of the row in the DB related to the problem (if possible)
  • What version of OSC you are using
  • What is your default language
  • How many other languages do you support
  • Is it a UNMODIFIED other than this report or
    Is it LIGHTLY, MODERATLY, or HEAVILY MODIFIED
  • Have any of your MOD's modified the OSC General or Currencies functions?
  • Any other information you feel is pertinent

Thanks,

-Aalst

Osc 2.2MS2

English--only language

Quite a few mods/contribs

1.6 appears to be working correctly; no problems--no typos--no errors showing up anywhere that I can find.

=====

(I have implemented all your updates...heh heh)

I feel kinda like raijen in an earlier post. :P

But seriously, it has been worth every change....each one was an improvement over the previous one. And it paid off. Looks great and works great for me.

Thanks for all your work and patience.

Wendy

When I get back to my office I will change to 1.6 again and send what I have as far as errors.

I like the capabilities you have added, it looks nice, just a little tuning and it should be perfect, thanks again aalst!

Fashionair,

Has anyone else had a problem of the dates of the unsold carts being wrong? For example, today is November 13, 2003, but any unsold cart today is being listed as November 11, 2003.

I've posted what to check for if you think you are getting wrong dates. Look for my post on Nov 13 2003, 02:37 PM. Follow those instructions, and then if you still think you have a bug please follow the format requested in my post on Nov 13 2003, 02:48 PM for submitting a bug report.

JrWrestling,

I look forward to your report. :)

-Aalst

The DATE BUG in v1.6

Okay I have a fix for the date bug, it will be in the next release once I get all the feed back on version 1.6. For those who can't wait you can do the following:

In file /catalog/admin/stats_unsold_carts.php find at line 69:

$day = (int)substr($raw_date, 5, 2);

And replace with:

$day = (int)substr($raw_date, 6, 2);

This will fix the date being read in wrong. :rolleyes:

Should get you through until 1.7 ...

-Aalst

HEAR YEA! HEAR YEA!

Met00 would like to branch off of a locked down stabilized version of Unsold Cart Report for his SCart tool.

I think 1.6 is the stable version for this. However, before I claim this, I would like to hear from all those who have been using it and let me know if you have found any BUGS or FLAWS that need to be fixed before calling it stable.

Let me know the following:

• Describe the bug or flaw
  • Provide a screen shot or a copy and paste of the problem
  • Sample of the row in the DB related to the problem (if possible)
  • What version of OSC you are using
  • What is your default language
  • How many other languages do you support
  • Is it a UNMODIFIED other than this report or
    Is it LIGHTLY, MODERATLY, or HEAVILY MODIFIED
  • Have any of your MOD's modified the OSC General or Currencies functions?
  • Any other information you feel is pertinent

Thanks,

-Aalst

scarts uses unsold_carts as a base. The goal is to release a version of the sales tool (based on the original report tool) that maintains some level of connection to the report tool....

The sooner this is claimed "stable" the sooner I will be able to creat a formal release of the new sales tool.

So, let's stabelize this sucker. :D

BUG REPORT DEAD LINE

Nov 14 2003, 5:00 PM MST

The sooner this is claimed "stable" the sooner I will be able to creat a formal release of the new sales tool.

So, let's stabelize this sucker.

I'm trying... I'm trying... :wacko: but I need responses from the communitiy, and JrWrestling. Already have the bug fixed that JrWrestling brought about the date. He has a few more issues I think that he is going to bring up by tomorrow.

Basicly I am setting a dead line as of now, I will take all the bugs and flaws recieved in via this form by Friday 5pm MST, and I will have a release by late Saturday Night and then if the community finds no more bugs we can declair that release finalized and stable by Monday! :D

-Aalst

Basicly I am setting a dead line as of now, I will take all the bugs and flaws recieved in via this form by Friday 5pm MST, and I will have a release by late Saturday Night and then if the community finds no more bugs we can declair that release finalized and stable by Monday! :D

Great. Here is my commitment, In Monday I'll take the stable release (let's call it 2.0) and use that as the basis for the sales tool. My goal will be to release the sales tool within 3 days of the stable 2.0 release. It will have it's own thread in the contributions forum.

The longer we can keep the releases in alignment, the better.

B)