osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Abandoned Carts

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned it is ;)

It's a great tool and I can't wait to see what else you fellas pull out of your hats:)

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

Stable?

Sorry, but, not yet. It has one bug in the download version, that has a forum posted fix. Then there are some features I wanted to get in there but I been waiting on JrWrestling to get my a file he has.

I just sent him a reminder, and if I don't get it by tomorrow I will just release 1.7 with the bug fix, so you can extend it.

Adios...

-Aalst

Aalst, I wont be in my office until Wed. or Thurs. to get you the files. (I have the fixed ones on my Hard Drive there, bad planning :( Go ahead and release without the attribute addition, and I will integrate it when I see 1.7, OK?

There's an error in date formatting, function cart_date_short

is: $day = (int)substr($raw_date, 5, 2);

should be: $day = (int)substr($raw_date, 6, 2);

in the original version you would get wrong dates (day is calculated from last digit of the month and first of the day)

Piotr Kaminski

I will release 1.7 which will include the DATE BUG fix that I posted last weekend in this topic.

Macki,

Thanks for posting a Fix that was already posted this last weekend. You may want to try searching the forums before posting a fix, or at the very least read the last weeks worth of a topic. It is not good to have the same thing posted multiple times, it kind of defeats the purpose of having to post it at all if no one is going to read it. Come one Keep Up... :D

Biffa001,

The links work for me, they are controlled by who ever Administers the osCommerce servers. They or you could have been experiening a internet hick-up at the time you tried.

If you are in North America then use "Pair" if you are in Europe then use "SunSite".

-Aalst

Unsold Carts Report 1.7

You can download it from here:

Unsold Carts Report v1.7 [Pair]

or goto the Contributions Page

Changes for 1.7:

• Fixed Date display bug
  • Tested on OSC MS2
  • Not Tested on OSC MS1, but 1.5 seems to work per forums posts

This is the last *know* bug... JrWrestling or I will be releasing another version which will give you the choice to have the old Report LnF or the New Report LnF.

Unless a new bug is found it should be only a feature enhancement release.

-Aalst

Well..I have installed the Unsold_carts with the option to email the user. So I decided to try the latest version of this, 1.7, and I am really dissappointed. Am I wrong or did the option to email the cart owner disappear?

I thought that was the whole point. I can be bothered typing an email to each individual email address. I do about 5-10 a day depending on whats in the cart.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Well..I have installed the Unsold_carts with the option to email the user. So I decided to try the latest version of this, 1.7, and I am really dissappointed. Am I wrong or did the option to email the cart owner disappear?

I thought that was the whole point. I can be bothered typing an email to each individual email address. I do about 5-10 a day depending on whats in the cart.

The orignal method of sending an e-mail since version 1.3 has not changed. You click on the e-mail address and it takes you to the Admin e-mail form. There was never an automatic preformated e-mail message since I've been working on this project as of version 1.3 is when I started making modifications.

What is the last version you used prior to 1.7, and what version of OSC are you using?

What exactly are you looking for, or expecting it to do and when or where do you expect this to happen?

Sounds like it could be an interesting feature if I understand what you are saying correctly.

You would like to see a button, or when you click on the e-mail address, have it mail a preformated message to the user. Maybe take you to the Admin E-mail form, but have it already filled out and you can just click send or make minor changes when needed. This could be nice for those who like to e-mail follow-ups, and not make phone calls.

If you have a preformated message you could send me that works for you, I can see about making this part of 2.0 that me and JrWrestling are working on.

-Aalst

In one of the earlier versions of either unsold carts or scarts that is in the early posts there was a hardcoded email. Then there was added an extra comment section in the admin. But that was before the released contrib when you had to read the posts and cut and paste the code to make up the needed files.

regards,

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?

In one of the earlier versions of either unsold carts or scarts that is in the early posts there was a hardcoded email. Then there was added an extra comment section in the admin. But that was before the released contrib when you had to read the posts and cut and paste the code to make up the needed files.

I am a little confused, but the terms you are using. What do you mean by "hardcoded email". Hard coded would imply that an e-mail address was placed in the PHP code, and that all e-mails would be sent to this or from this address.

Then you said "there was added an extra comment section in the admin"? Unsold Carts Report is a report and has no Admin controls, it is a report in the Admin area of OSC. So what is the extra comments section in what I assume must be some where in the OSC's Admin?

Then if all this happened before the contrib was released how would anyone know about it other than the programer and people who QA'd? And what "Posts" had to be read? And what code was being "cut and paste" to make up what "needed files"?

I am sorry but I am completely lost by your post? Could you be more specific and provide examples and details.

-Aalst

Edited by Aalst

Hi, I only read the first 3-4 pages and then skipped to the end, so maybe this has been mentioned...

I'm sure many people just abandon their carts, but I know for a fact that I have lost sales because when the customer gets to the confirmation page, they think that they have just received the confirmation - they do not realize that the site is asking for their confirmation. They never see the "Confirm Button" at the bottom of the page and since they do not click on it, they leave the site which leaves the item in the cart and loses their credit card info and sale (and the admin never knows it).

I have added a big notice on the top of this page to instruct them, but my guess is some people still don't push the button even tho they want to purchase.

This contrib will help catch these. Thanks.

Kirk

Boom... Big butta boom.

I am saddened to hear you are unfamiliar with the only thing that makes this contrib valuable.

On my version that I worked on with the original poster...I have a check box next to each cart..

ahh...I just took a screenshot to make it easier.

unsold_carts.gif

Red is those I have emailed. Blue is for those who have already made a purchase.

Black are for those not yet contacted.

I go into this every couple days...click the carts I thought were nice and shoot off an email to them thats already in the php script saying one of two things..here is some of the code from my language file. Also you see on the bottom a space to enter custom text like a "P.S. place an order now and use coupon xxx for an extra $5 savings.

define('EMAIL_TEXT_NEWCUST', "\n\n".'Thank you for stopping by ' . STORE_NAME . ' and considering us for your purchase. We noticed that in your visit to our store that you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction with us. ' . "\n\n" . 'Cart Contents:'."\n\n".'%s' . "\n\n" . 'We are always interested in knowing what happened and if there was a reason that you decided to not purchase with' . STORE_NAME . ' at this time. If you could be so kind as to let us know if you had any issues or concerns, we would like to address them as getting this feedback from you and others is how we can help make your experience at ' . STORE_NAME . ' better. '."\n\n". 'Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us make ' . STORE_NAME . ' a better place.'."\n\n". STORE_OWNER ."\n". STORE_NAME . "\n". HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUST', "\n\n".'First off, we would like to thank you for having purchased from ' . STORE_NAME . ' in the past. Secondly, we noticed in your recent visit to ' . STORE_NAME . ' that you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but didn\'t complete the transaction with us. ' . "\n\n" . 'Cart Contents:'."\n\n".'%s' . "\n\n" . 'We are always interested in knowing what happened and if there was a reason you decided not to purchase with ' . STORE_NAME . ' at this time. If you could be so kind as to let us know if you had any issues or concerns we would like to address them as getting this feedback from you and others is how we can help make your experience at ' . STORE_NAME . ' better. '."\n\n". 'Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us make ' . STORE_NAME . ' a better place.'."\n\n". STORE_OWNER ."\n". STORE_NAME . "\n". HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "\n");

I am not sure what you guys have been doing with this contrib but from what I see the latest version is not a tool at all but instead just a report and you cant do anything with the info. You can build the same thing I have with the info from the first 2 pages. Cmon guys you can do better then this.

I am saddened to hear you are unfamiliar with the only thing that makes this contrib valuable.

On my version that I worked on with the original poster...I have a check box next to each cart..

<snip>

Red is those I have emailed. Blue is for those who have already made a purchase.

Black are for those not yet contacted.

I go into this every couple days...click the carts I thought were nice and shoot off an email to them thats already in the php script saying one of two things..here is some of the code from my language file. Also you see on the bottom a space to enter custom text like a "P.S. place an order now and use coupon xxx for an extra $5 savings.

<snip>

I am not sure what you guys have been doing with this contrib but from what I see the latest version is not a tool at all but instead just a report and you cant do anything with the info. You can build the same thing I have with the info from the first 2 pages. Cmon guys you can do better then this.

Don't worry... I know what you are talking about. :D

Two different tools.

1) unsold_carts.php

This was my version 1.1 that you packed up and made into a contrib. It didn't do many of the things that were standard OSC since it was a hack that I put together to get a report that I then manually went out and sent e-mail or contacted by phone.

2) scart.php

After feedback from you on automatting what I was doing manually I went into the hack job and created a new version that was a sales tool, not a reporting tool.

Update on where we are today.

unsold_carts.php has been enhanced by those that took YOUR contribution of my code and enhanced it so it wasn't a hack job, and was more in-line with the rest of the look and feel of OSC.

I have been waiting until they (aalst and JrWrestling) create a stable bug-free release of the report tool (unsold_carts), and then I will take that base and add back in all the code that changes it from a report to a sales tool. This will then be branched off into it's own contribution and thread.

I would like to wait until the next release of unsold_carts AND I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST THAT IT BE CALLED 2.0 before I take that code and re-add the enhancments and create the contribution version 1.0 of Cart Recapture Sales Tool (a better name than scart if you ask me). This release will take what I created in scarts and attach it to the new front-end, and will include better analysis and reporting (nice bar charts and graphs) so you can strack the success and all sorts of kewl things like that.

So, that will catch everyone up on where we are and what is happening. Then, if people want to enhance the Cart Recapture Sales Tool, they can do so from a stable base rather than tracing this thread back to get the code.

Okay now, everybody sing kimbya and be happy. :D

I am a little confused

<snip>

Then if all this happened before the contrib was released how would anyone know about it other than the programer and people who QA'd? And what "Posts" had to be read? And what code was being "cut and paste" to make up what "needed files"?

Confusion reigns!

See my last post above.

Confusion gone!

I loath zip. I made the original contribution, of just the code, here in this thread. It was one stinking file and didn't deal with the database, so heck, why bother creating a zip and all that stuff. So I didn't. Defender39 liked it so much, he took the time to do what I didn't have the desire to do, and that created the contrib. 1.0. Then we added features, and I continued to paste the code here (remember, I *loath* zip).

So, what you failed to understand was that the code was originally created (as a hack) here and was posted and updated in the thread, even though Defender39 created a contribution... now do we want to rehash how the tool converted from a report to a sales too one more time? :P

'Nuff said. Get me the stable 2.0 release of unsold_carts and the confusion will be gone for good when I create the sales tool (again) with your nice OSC look & feel and this time I promise to be a good boy and release it as a contribution all zipped up and done the OSC way. <yawn>

Met00,

Yes it is all very confussing when I come in on version 1.3 and fix some bugs and add some features and enhancements. Then Defender39 comes in claiming its been ruined by taking out features that where not in the released contrib. It may never have been in any of the posted contribs. It sounds like it only lived via posts in this topic.

Sounds like scart has them and the report never did. I think Defender39 should have know this, since he was part of this project, he shouldn't have been shooting off accusations.

As for 2.0, I agree and have previous mentioned this to JrWrestling, however 1.7 is a stable *bug free* version, that you can branch off if you want. What me and JrWrestling had in mind for 2.0 is just enhancements, and I do not know how soon we can get it out. I am hoping no later than the end of next week, but no promises.

I would love to use your Cart Recapture Sales Tool ASAP if posible, and think it is a good idea to branch off of 1.7 since it is stable. Once we release 2.0 because it is all enhancements, it could introduce new bugs, and could take a little longer to stablize it.

I do not want you to be held up my us any longer than you have, please feel free to branch from 1.7. Then when 2.0 is stable and if you like the new stuff then maybe you can branch from it, if needed.

And on your Cart Recapture Sales Tool, please have a README and installation details... hehe :rolleyes:

-Aalst

Met00,

BTW...

You talked about creating a new topic with your release of Cart Recapture Sales Tool, and I think that is a great idea.

I think we should do the same with 2.0 of this report, what do you think?

-Aalst

yeah it s god time for a new topic ... for the "Cart Recapture Sales Tool"

alos keep in mind that the text should be multilangual .. and read about my proposition/request of colour to show in function of the money value the abandoned cart has reached that could be defined in the admin

MS2

Met00,

BTW...

You talked about creating a new topic with your release of Cart Recapture Sales Tool, and I think that is a great idea.

I think we should do the same with 2.0 of this report, what do you think?

-Aalst

I agree, this thread has become a tad hard to keep straight since it started out as one thing and morphed into another and then morphed back to updates on the first....

As for 2.0, I agree and have previous mentioned this to JrWrestling, however 1.7 is a stable *bug free* version, that you can branch off if you want. What me and JrWrestling had in mind for 2.0 is just enhancements, and I do not know how soon we can get it out. I am hoping no later than the end of next week, but no promises.

I would love to use your Cart Recapture Sales Tool ASAP if posible, and think it is a good idea to branch off of 1.7 since it is stable. Once we release 2.0 because it is all enhancements, it could introduce new bugs, and could take a little longer to stablize it.

I do not want you to be held up my us any longer than you have, please feel free to branch from 1.7. Then when 2.0 is stable and if you like the new stuff then maybe you can branch from it, if needed.

And on your Cart Recapture Sales Tool, please have a README and installation details... hehe :rolleyes:

-Aalst

okay, I'll pull down your latest (1.7) and see what I can do to integrate my hacks with your OSC-compatable stuff.

And on your Cart Recapture Sales Tool, please have a README and installation details... hehe  :rolleyes:

just for that I'll release it as a tar.gz. :P

I have been following this thread for some time now and am amazed at the amount of work and organizing Aalst, Met00 and JRWrestling have put in. Thanks guys. THey have delivered as promise so we should all be thankful.

I was wondering if the Cart Recapture Sales Tool will be a simple upgrade from the 1.7 version? I'm asking so I know if I should wait and download it all at once or download the 1.7 now and then upgrade after once the Recapture tool is available.

THanks guys, and I can't wait for the new release!