• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Abandoned Carts

I get parsing error on line 93 of the file unsold_carts.php which is the line quoted here.

further up this post someone has posted the line 93 from the reports.php file which has nothing to do with the parse error on unsold_carts.php

Moving the 4 lines round in reports.php only moves the positon of the link in the box.

several people have the parse error on line 93 of unsold_carts.php so how did you get it to work????

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

I know this is confusing. Being a non programmer myself the reasons things do and don't work make no sense. I did make an error in my last post when I quoted azer and included the the code he posted. The parse error appears at the line quoted but is not caused by that line. For some reason the instructions found on this page of the thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61365&st=10 third post up from the bottom make the parse error go away. I cannot explain why a link has to be in a specific order but the parse error at line 93 went away and the tool started working when I followed those instructions.

Regards,

Ron

If we knew it all we wouldn't be here would we?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've this error when I call the page:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in D:\ecommerce\securecentoasa\unsold_carts.php on line 93

Why this?

Thank you. :(

Uploaded version 1.4 of Unsold Carts Report

You can download it from here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/contributions/Un..._Report_1.4.zip

Changes for version 1.4:

• Created a English language file and exported all user displayed language to it
  • Renamed files to be inline with other OSC report files
  • Minor optimization of function seadate
  • Fixed heading "days" input info to be aligned to the right of the page
  • Applied CSS to report tables inorder to make it look more in line with other OSC reports
  • Added a link to Customer name to take you to the Customer Admin page
  • Adjusted to code/html to be a little easier to read
  • Overall left basic report layout in place
  • Created a new Readme/Installtion file
  • Fixed currency to be displayed in the default currency
  • Fixed "parsing error on line 93" bug
    Posted: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...365&st=100/LIST]
    • Tested on MS2

I hope someone fines this useful.

-Aalst

Edited by Aalst

got an error in line 125 in stats_unsold_carts.php (ms2)

$tprice_formated = money_format('%n', $tprice); ...

the money format funktion does not exist in currencies.php so i replaced it like this

$tprice_formated = $currencies->format('%n', $tprice);
     $cline .= "       <tr class='dataTableRow'>
                         <td class='dataTableContent'><b>" . TABLE_HEADING_FINAL_PRICE . "</b>" . $tprice_formated . "</td>

but i still habe a problem with the total prices which are not shown and is there a possibility to add the tax to the prizes?

george

i d like to thanks for the version 1.4 , i mgonna test it on my ms1 version

sgflowers and sgflowers , and all other , a wise advice is to tell what are u trying to install and wich version and on what osc version also since this thread speeaks about 2 different contribution ...

won(t it be a better idea to split this thread in two : unsold cart and another for the beta version of scart ?

cheers

MS2

ok . so here is the error i have on the ms1 creal load 5 i use :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: money_format() in c:\program files\easyphp\www\rc\admin\stats_unsold_carts.php on line 124

here is after the commentary the line 124 :

// output line
     $tprice_formated = money_format('%n', $tprice);
     $cline .= "       <tr class='dataTableRow'>
                         <td class='dataTableContent'><b>" . TABLE_HEADING_FINAL_PRICE . "</b>" . $currencies->format($tprice_formated) . "</td>
                       </tr>
                     </table>
                   </td>
                 </tr>";

MS2

won(t it be a better idea to split this thread in two : unsold cart and another for the beta version of scart ?

I agree. When I get scart to where I want it (still a few nit's that I want to clean up) I'll take up an offer that was made to pack it up as a contribution and ship it off. then I'll start a new thread on it.

:D

awesome contribution.. you think theres a way to add a pop up window when carts are abandoned saying something like "continue with your order and get $5 off!"

1) this is an admin contribution, you're looking for a catalog contribution.

2) This is not a good idea...

Let me explain (2).

There are a certain number of people that are going to come into your store and load up their cart, take a look at totals, go away, and then come back. All on their own. These people are shopping for "the best price" for a package of items (not just a single item).

In these cases, offering anyone who "abandons" a $5 discount just for popping off your cart is an odd way to maximize your profits.

You should note that the query that is sent (the one I created and use) is asking them about their experience. It also reminds them that they left a cart. Most of all, we look like a caring retailer with a high level of customer service, and if the price is close between my shop and someone elses, this e-mail could make the difference between shopping at my store or at another.

I added the message capability so that you could "segment" your e-mail and offer some an additional coupon (if you wanted), or not, based on whatever criteria you established for making such an offer (ie: I'll offer a 10% off coupon to all carts over $100.00, but if they are under $100, then I'll just send the straight e-mail).

If the goal is to recapture these potential sales at the highest level, then there should also be the goal to do so without losing your margins. Offering a "bonus" automagically for anyone who "abandons" your store is a good way to erode your margins without need, and possibly without consideration to other factors.

Of course, this is just my opinion, and like rectums which we all also have, this one may just stink. take it for what it's worth.

:ph34r:

OK,

first of all: Thank You for Version 1.4

But I have a small problem.

If you show the unsold carts the last two (oldest) unsold carts have the same "total price"

Or better the oldest shown cart hase the same price as the shown card before the oldest (last)

Can someone help ?

Thanks Matthias

:D Well complete newbie here, but instead of asking questions and for help, I want to say THANKS! Great community. I am a PeopleSoft Developer getting into e-commerce. Have OSC installed and running. Adding Mods and just added this one. It is great. You osC devs are a great bunch of folks.

Thanks!

ok . so here is the error i have on the ms1 creal load 5 i use :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: money_format() in c:\program files\easyphp\www\rc\admin\stats_unsold_carts.php on line 124

here is after the commentary the line 124 :

// output line
? ? ?$tprice_formated = money_format('%n', $tprice);
? ? ?$cline .= " ? ? ? <tr class='dataTableRow'>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td class='dataTableContent'><b>" . TABLE_HEADING_FINAL_PRICE . "</b>" . $currencies->format($tprice_formated) . "</td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</table>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>";

Did you ever find a fix for this error?

Best Regards

Okay in response to the function "money_format" this requires PHP 4.3.0 or higher. If you are getting an error on line 125 of version 1.4 then you probably do not have PHP 4.3.0 installed on your server.

PHP 4.3.0 was released on December 27th 2002. If you do not have 4.3.0 I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading to the latest version 4.3.4 which just came out a few days ago. If you do not have the power to install PHP on your servers, I would also recomend asking the server admin to upgrade to the latest version.

As for the bug with the last new carts having the same price, I see that, and I will fix that soon.

And for the ZERO price when only one cart is displayed I will fix that also. :)

In the mean time let me use my Jedi Mind Trick to temporarily patch the problem:

"There is no last cart here, it is not the cart you are looking for"

"There is no zero final price cart here, move along to your next cart"

Uploaded version 1.4.1 of Unsold Carts Report

It is mainly bug fixes, however there are minor cosmetic changes that will require all files to be updated.

http://www.oscommerce.com/contributions/Un...eport_1.4.1.zip

Changes for version 1.4.1:

• Fixed bug where last cart or only cart didn't display a Final Price
  • Fixed bug where Total would only show the second to the last carts
    Final Price or would show zero if only a single cart was displayed
  • Fixed bug for multi-language sites where default langue was not English
    and discriptions would not be displayed
    (Could not test this, waiting to hear back from person who found bug)
  • Renamed Final Price to Cart Total
  • Renamed Total to Grand Total
  • FYI ALL FILES WHERE UPDATED

Tested on MS2 and requires PHP 4.3.0 or greater.

Again I hope someone fines this useful. :)

-Aalst

Okay in response to the function "money_format" this requires PHP 4.3.0 or higher. If you are getting an error on line 125 of version 1.4 then you probably do not have PHP 4.3.0 installed on your server.

PHP 4.3.0 was released on December 27th 2002. If you do not have 4.3.0 I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading to the latest version 4.3.4 which just came out a few days ago. If you do not have the power to install PHP on your servers, I would also recomend asking the server admin to upgrade to the latest version.

As for the bug with the last new carts having the same price, I see that, and I will fix that soon.

And for the ZERO price when only one cart is displayed I will fix that also. :)

In the mean time let me use my Jedi Mind Trick to temporarily patch the problem:

"There is no last cart here, it is not the cart you are looking for"

"There is no zero final price cart here, move along to your next cart"

Well I just installed PHP Version 4.3.4, that wasn't it, I am still getting

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: money_format() in xxxxxxxxx\catalog\admin\stats_unsold_carts.php on line 124

Good try

Best Regards

Uploaded version 1.4.1 of Unsold Carts Report

It is mainly bug fixes, however there are minor cosmetic changes that will require all files to be updated.

Hallo Aalst,

I think you made a package that includes the same file as before.

I installed 1.4.1 over 1.4 an nothing happened.

Than I compared the two files - nothing changed.

Please check your zipfile.

Thank you

Matthias

Thanks Matthias

Hi,

I have the same problem:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: money_format() in /catalog/admin/stats_unsold_carts.php on line 124

The PHP manual states that money_format() is ONLY available if your system has strfmon capabilities and Windows don't - even if you have PHP 4.3.4!

From the PHP docs:

"

Note: The function money_format() is only defined if the system has strfmon capabilities. For example, Windows does not, so money_format() is undefined in Windows.

"

I think we should go with some other formating functions instead of money_format() perhaps number_format()? My 2-cents.

/Fred

I apologize for uploading a zip with the wrong files, and I apologize for use a non-cross-platform function I know better than that. That latter is unforgivable and I should be flogged.

The new file can be downloaded from:

http://www.oscommerce.com/contributions/Un...port_1.4.1a.zip

In the next release I will not be using the money_format function. I will have to write a new function that uses number_format to archive the same results, or at least good enough. :)

That function is a really nice one, I wasn't aware that it wasn't Windows Friendly, but then again who really is. :rolleyes:

-Aalst