• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

allprods strange links

WendyM

The allprods contribution works great, many thanks to all who have worked on it. :D

When I click on any link on my allprods.php page, it puts "arabianbazaar" in the address, just before the item's name.

example: http://www.its2cheap.com/osc/product_info....a&products_id=1

Do I need to change something? Or is this necessary for the Google angle?

Not really a problem...just very confusing.

PS...osc site is not yet live, still tweaking, but here is the link to the allprods page for you to see what I mean: http://www.its2cheap.com/osc/allprods.php

Thanks again for a fabulous contribution!

Wendy

I think that there is a problem with your install.

Somehow, one of the defined variables is adding 'arabianbazzar' to your URLs. This is not how this contribution is suppoed to work.

ArabianBazaar is another OSC shop owner. I'm not sure if perhaps this is his contribution that he inadvertantly left something hardcoded, or if it's just a variable you can fix.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks for the response...new to this and thought that to be a bit odd.

I'll take a look at the contrib files and see if I can locate the problem.

Will also post here when/if I figger it out. lol

Would appreciate any input, if somebody else has had this problem.

Wendy

Fixed! :)

In the "allprods.php" file, around line 152, I replaced "arabianbazaar" with my site name. Here is the code with "arabianbazaar" still in it:

$this_id = $products_array[$i]['id']; 
              $this_name = $products_array[$i]['name']; 
              $this_model = $products_array[$i]['model']; 
              $this_manufacturer = $products_array[$i]['manufacturer']; 
              $this_price = $products_array[$i]['price']; 
              $this_special = $products_array[$i]['special']; 
              $this_tax = $products_array[$i]['tax']; 
              $this_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,  'arabianbazaar=' . str_replace(" ", "_", $this_name). '&products_id=' . $this_id . (($this_language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $this_language_code)), 'NONSSL', false);

I didn't find any other occurance of "arabianbazaar".

Might wanna leave this thread up, in case other newbies(like me) get perplexed.

I don't have this problem but another one that maybe someone knows how to fix... I go to the english version when I hit the links regardless the language I'm using. It really doesn't look very proffessional to be directed to the english product page while you're working with the spanish version... I have been trying to get this right for a long time now and I still don't have a clue.

Here is the code I have, I'm sure I should change something to make the links go to the products page in spanish while I'm in the spanish version and to the english while I'm in the english... but what???:

? $this_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'name=' . str_replace(" ", "_", $this_name). '&products_id=' . $this_id . (($this_language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $this_language_code)), 'NONSSL', false);

Can anyone help me with this please?

Just remove the

arabianbazaar= and replace it with your keyword or store name

$this_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,  'arabianbazaar=' . str_replace(" ", "_", $this_name). '&products_id=' . $this_id . (($this_language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $this_language_code)), 'NONSSL', false);

I accidently might have left it there when I updated the mod.

Sorry about that.

Hi Farrukh!

No problem at all....I actually thought it might be needed for Google, like to maybe appear the page was from another site or something. Heh heh :lol:

I know....I am such the knucklehead! :blink:

I thank you bunchies and bunchies for this contrib. I love it! Most items I sell are one-only-available and this is a terrific way for the customers to see it all on one page. Inventory is always changing, sometimes more than once a day. ugh!

But I DO enjoy it. :)

Wendy