• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RMA Returns error for 2.2 MS2

Thanks Ian...I did do as you suggested but ran into other issues. Starting over to determine if made the changes correctly.

Will let you know.

Joe

One more thing, is there an newer version of the contrib? I have downloaded the CCGV v5.21 and expected to be working hard to integrate with the July 08 version of RMA. I am assuming the RMA has the CCGV (older version) integrated...at least that is what I get from the posts. Is this is right?

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am trying to install this contri but having problems understanding what needs to be done to the account_history_info file. I am using an unmodified system. Would someone be able to give me more simple instructions or even better post the file/ section to be modified. Any help would be must appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah

Hello,

I have an error on showing the item.

If I want to fill in a RMA I can not set the product name, it's blanc and needs to be blanc for a RMA code.

If I fill in an item myself it will give an error.

After I get the RMA number, It's without price setting ect.

So how can I make the item show in the first option of the RMA form?

Hope you can help

• 1 month later...

Hello,

forgive my English it is translated. I am of españa and I don't speak to it very well.

I need that they help me, I have installed this contribution and I have realized that they don't leave the totalización modules, the chart "TABLE_RETURNS_TOTAL" is empty and it doesn't arrive it is necessary to store anything.

Should Ésto work this way?? is there something that I have made bad??

Thank you for your attention. A greeting from Valencia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola,

perdonen mi ingles está traducido. Soy de españa y no lo hablo muy bien.

Necesito que me ayuden, he instalado esta contribución y me he dado cuenta de que no salen los modulos de totalización, la tabla "TABLE_RETURNS_TOTAL" se encuentra vacía y no llega ha almacenar nada.

Ésto debe funcionar así?? hay algo que he hecho mal??

Gracias por vuestra atención. Un saludo desde Valencia.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I fixed my friends file in account_history_info.

There is a for loop error on that page.

If you look down through the file searching you will find this line

if ($order->products[$i]['return'] == '1') {

Then look for the next for statement that looks like this:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

That for statement should be above the first line you searched for.

You see I noticed this because $i is not defined without that for statement.

Move that for statement to just above the first $i

// Begin RMA Returns

For those of you who are not coders, don't just paste this in. The for( ...) line has to be moved from where it is, or your brackets will be off.

Tricia

Edited by Jan Zonjee

• 2 months later...

I have bought oscommerce template and as you know they are very well changed around.

I am having couple problems with installation.

I appreciate if anyone could help me out.

1. on the My Order History page, for every product, two item list pop up..

EXAMPLE:

ITEM 1

ITEM 1 24.99

and i am not able to choose return for any of them?

2. Request for return doesn't return doesn't show up anywhere, other then in admin

3. like i said my oscommerce is a template, so i would like to known for the latest know how to insert TRACK RETURN into a template.

whats needs to be copied where.

Anyone could help i would highly highly and very highly appreciate it.

Regards

• 1 month later...

please please don't beat me up - i read at least half the posts on here and I am still in wonder if there is a way that we can generate our own RMA numbers from the backend for customers who call in and dont use their account. Or another reason is because the return policy has been abused and all RMA processing is done over the phone. Does anyone have any leads to generating the RMA for a particular order or items of orders in the back end? Again if this has been explained - please forgive me and simply show the link.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
please please don't beat me up - i read at least half the posts on here and I am still in wonder if there is a way that we can generate our own RMA numbers from the backend for customers who call in and dont use their account. Or another reason is because the return policy has been abused and all RMA processing is done over the phone. Does anyone have any leads to generating the RMA for a particular order or items of orders in the back end? Again if this has been explained - please forgive me and simply show the link.

Thanks

Kenz - when you go to Customers/Orders (orders.php), select the order in question and click details you should see a link called "Schedule Return" beside each item in the order. Click that and it will let you create an RMA as admin without the user having to do it themselves.

Has anyone managed to make this contribution update the original core OSC order status when an RMA is in process and then completed?

It would be neat if when a customer has requested an RMA the order status changed to a new order status like "RMA Requested" and then once it is completed by admin it changed to "RMA Completed" rather than staying at the default "Order Completed" (in my store) - this is so I can see from my orders on orders.php which have been returned etc as at the moment there is no distinction between a completed order which has been returned and one which has not on orders.php.

I have no idea where to even begin, anyone got any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed the RMA contribution to my store but i am having a problem with requesting a return on the customer side.

i am not getting any errors in any of the logs and nothing is displayed on the screen.

once the user clicks on the return link in the account_history_info.php page they are taken to the return_product.php where no information is displayed as the pic below.

screenshot.gif

i also get a compleatly blank page on the admin side again with no errors.

Pleas help as i have used this befor with no problems but now i cannot get it to work at all

thanks in advance

Chris

I have installed the RMA contribution to my store but i am having a problem with requesting a return on the customer side.

i am not getting any errors in any of the logs and nothing is displayed on the screen.

once the user clicks on the return link in the account_history_info.php page they are taken to the return_product.php where no information is displayed as the pic below.

screenshot.gif

i also get a compleatly blank page on the admin side again with no errors.

Pleas help as i have used this befor with no problems but now i cannot get it to work at all

thanks in advance

Chris

i h ave found the problem, some <?php tags are missing the php and just showing <? .

• 1 month later...

Hi guys i have trouble with this Add-on "RMA Returns Systems v2.6"

I had two problems first was with the SSL Links but its solved.

Now the last Problem

1. If i login as a customar, i visit the Account_history_info.php

2. I see the RMA Link and use it

3. The return_product.php opened - shows me the qty and the item corectly

4. If i push the submit button on the return_product.php i get an ERROR

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

This Addon works.

After this error i go back to the account_history_info.php and see the

RMA NUMBER # 76815548817

In my admin i can set all options and the customar see all in the returns_track.php

Its only this one Internal Server Error i saw here in this tread a poster that had a problem with

this but there was no answer for this Problem.

I think the problem is the Submit button or any wrong/old

<form name="longsubmit" action="return_product.php?action=insert&oID=<? echo $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']; ?>" method=post>

So i hope some one can help me

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble with the 2.6 Version.

The problem arises from the customer side when a return is requested. Similar to the above post when a customer completes the return request and clicks submit, a blank page is produced.

No RMA number is produced (as a customer).

If I do it through the Admin side (on the invoice) I can produce an RMA number no problem.

Im afraid im not an expert in coding and lack the knowledge to rectify the issue.

If anybody can help in any way I would be grateful

Dickie

• 1 month later...

need help with account_history_info.php

PHP 5.2, 2.2RC2, + MVS

This is my code, can anyone modify it or said how to modify.???

<?php
 } else {
?>
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" bgcolor="#ace92e" colspan="3"><b><?php echo HEADING_PRODUCTS; ?></b></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
 }

if ($order->products[$i]['model'] == "Custom"){
   echo '          <tr>' . "\n" .
        ' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . 'x</td>' . "\n" .
        ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '<small><i>' . $order->products[$i]['description'] . '</small></i>';
            }else{
   echo ' <tr>' . 
        ' <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . 'x</td>' . "\n" . 
        ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];
    }
   if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {
     for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
       echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i></small></nobr>';
     }
   }

echo '</td>' . "\n";

if (sizeof($order->info['tax_groups']) > 1) {
     echo '            <td class="main" valign="top" align="right">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "\n";
   }

echo '            <td class="price" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</td>' . "\n" .
        '          </tr>' . "\n";
 }
//MVS
 }
?>

</table></td>
             </tr>

</table></td>
         </tr>
<tr>
<td>

<table border="1" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
           <td width="70%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
   echo '              <tr>' . "\n" .
        '                <td class="main" align="right" width="100%">' . $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
        '                <td class="price" align="right">' . $order->totals[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
        '              </tr>' . "\n";
 }
?>

</tr>
</table>

</td>
</tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

<tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><b><?php echo HEADING_ORDER_HISTORY; ?></b></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
 $statuses_query = tep_db_query("select os.orders_status_name, osh.date_added, osh.comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " os, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " osh where osh.orders_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . "' and osh.orders_status_id = os.orders_status_id and os.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and os.public_flag = '1' order by osh.date_added");
 while ($statuses = tep_db_fetch_array($statuses_query)) {
   echo '              <tr>' . "\n" .
        '                <td class="main" valign="top" width="70">' . tep_date_short($statuses['date_added']) . '</td>' . "\n" .
        '                <td class="main" valign="top" width="70">' . $statuses['orders_status_name'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
        '                <td class="main" valign="top">' . (empty($statuses['comments']) ? ' ' : nl2br(tep_output_string_protected($statuses['comments']))) . '</td>' . "\n" .
        '              </tr>' . "\n";
 }
?>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

I donr understand the instructions:

ref:

Find this text:

<?php

}

Further below is another line (if you haven't customised your install!, otherwise, the first if statement, then the else!)... Note also, that appears more then once in the file:

Replace the text, looking for the corresponding } to the above statement, insert the following, comparing the text below with any other customisations. This is the tricky bit, look carefully at the changes, you'll be able to match the echos somewhere in the file.

• 2 weeks later...
I am having trouble with the 2.6 Version.

The problem arises from the customer side when a return is requested. Similar to the above post when a customer completes the return request and clicks submit, a blank page is produced.

No RMA number is produced (as a customer).

If I do it through the Admin side (on the invoice) I can produce an RMA number no problem.

Im afraid im not an expert in coding and lack the knowledge to rectify the issue.

If anybody can help in any way I would be grateful

Dickie

Found the problem was with the order status. An RMA number will not be made if the customer has not completed the order. The page will just appear blank!

If anyone knows why Refund Method: will not change when updating it in the admin of RMA Returns please let me know, it's driving me nuts I have installed the contrib 3 times freshly and I have read this WHOLE! thread and only see one mention with NO answer

I have the same problem!

This line:

$return_link = '<b>' . TEXT_RMA . ' # <u><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURNS_TRACK, 'action=returns_show&rma=' . $rma_result['rma_value'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $rma_result['rma_value'] . '</a></u></b>';

It not show any number (blank) after customer ask for RMA.

Please help with account_history_info.php

RMA Returns + CCC + MVS

All works fine if I remove the new queries and the return_number echo.

My code:

// JLM: BEGINS

// EXPRESION SI ES UN CCC 
 if ($order->products[$i]['model'] == "Custom") {

//SENTENCIA CCC + DESCRIPTION   
   echo '          <tr>' . "\n" .
        ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '<small><i>' . $order->products[$i]['description'] . '</small></i>';

//  echo $return_link;
echo $return_number;  
// echo $rma_number['rma_value'];

// EXPRESION PARA QUE APAREZCA EL NUMERO DE TICKET O EL LINK A RMA
// si hay número RMA asignado
// QUERIES
//  $rma_info_query = tep_db_query("select orders_product_id, products_returned from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " o where orders_product_id = '". (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['orders_product_id'] . "' and products_returned = '1'");
$rma_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.returns_id, p.rma_value from " . TABLE_RETURNED_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " o where o.orders_product_id = '". (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['orders_product_id'] . "' and o.products_returned = '1'");
$rma_info = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_info_query);
$rma_number = $rma_info['products_returned'];

//SENTENCIA NUMERO RMA
$return_number = '<b>' . TEXT_RMA . ' # <u><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURNS_TRACK, 'action=returns_show&rma=' . $rma_number['rma_value'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $rma_number['rma_value'] . '</a></u></b>';
//$return_number = $rma_number['rma_value'];

// CONDICIONAL si NO hay número RMA asignado y el pedido se ha enviado y cobrado
} elseif ($orders_status == '3') {

// si NO hay número RMA asignado
// QUERIES
$rma_query_one = tep_db_query("SELECT returns_id FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA . " where products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' and order_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . "'");
$rma_query = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_query_one);
$rma_number_query = tep_db_query("SELECT rma_value FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS . " where returns_id = '" . $rma_query['returns_id'] . "'");
$rma_result = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_number_query);

//SENTENCIA LINK
$return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$i]['id']), 'NONSSL') . '"><b><u>' . TEXT_RETURN_PRODUCT .'</a></u></b>';
}

echo $return_number;  

//CONDICIONAL DE LO CONTRARIO 
            }else{

//SENTENCIA PRODUCTO + OPCIONES 
   echo ' <tr>' . 
        ' <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

}

if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {
     for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
       echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i></small></nobr>';

}

}

//  echo $return_link; 
 echo $return_number;  
// echo $rma_number['rma_value'];

// EXPRESION PARA QUE APAREZCA EL NUMERO DE TICKET O EL LINK A RMA
// si hay número RMA asignado
// QUERIES
$rma_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.returns_id, p.rma_value from " . TABLE_RETURNED_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " o where o.orders_product_id = '". (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['orders_product_id'] . "' and o.products_returned = '1'");
$rma_info = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_info_query);
$rma_number = $rma_info['products_returned'];

//SENTENCIA NUMERO RMA
// $return_number = '<b>' . TEXT_RMA . ' # <u><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURNS_TRACK, 'action=returns_show&rma=' . $rma_number['rma_value'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $rma_number['rma_value'] . '</a></u></b>';
$return_number = $rma_number['rma_value'];

// CONDICIONAL si NO hay número RMA asignado y el pedido se ha enviado y cobrado
} elseif ($orders_status == '3') {

// si NO hay número RMA asignado
// QUERIES
$rma_query_one = tep_db_query("SELECT returns_id FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS_PRODUCTS_DATA . " where products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' and order_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . "'");
$rma_query = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_query_one);
$rma_number_query = tep_db_query("SELECT rma_value FROM " . TABLE_RETURNS . " where returns_id = '" . $rma_query['returns_id'] . "'");
$rma_result = tep_db_fetch_array($rma_number_query);

//SENTENCIA LINK
$return_link = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_RETURN, 'order_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . '&products_id=' . ($order->products[$i]['id']), 'NONSSL') . '"><b><u>' . TEXT_RETURN_PRODUCT .'</a></u></b>';
}
echo $return_number;  

echo '</td>' . "\n";

// JLM: End RMA Returns

echo '            <td class="main" valign="top" align="right">' . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "\n";
   }

echo '            <td class="price" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</td>' . "\n" .
        '          </tr>' . "\n";
 }
//MVS
 }
?>

Now I changed TABLE_PRODUCTS_RETURNS for TABLE_RETURNS and nothing.

All works except didnt show the RMA Number.

Fix for the Admin Refund Method:

add:

'customer_method' => $refund_method,

after:

'refund_payment_value' => $final_price,

Looking the database, the contrib acts in extrange maner when recors the status

returns_status

returns_status_id language_id returns_status_name

1 1 Pending

2 1 Awaiting Return

3 1 Cancelled

4 1 Complete

5 3 Enviado al fabricante.

5 1 Enviado al fabricante.

5 2 Enviado al fabricante.

6 3 Recibido del fabricante.

6 1 Recibido del fabricante.

6 2 Recibido del fabricante.

7 3 En reparación.

7 1 En reparación.

7 2 En reparación.

The first column is not autoincremented. The IDs are duplicating.

This should be fine:

1 3 Pendiente

2 1 Pending

3 2 Pending

4 3 Esperando devolución

5 1 Awaiting Return

6 2 Awaiting Return

7 3 Cancelada

8 1 Cancelled

9 2 Cancelled

10 3 Completada

11 1 Complete

12 2 Complete

13 3 Enviado al fabricante.

14 1 Send to vendor

15 2 Send to vendor

16 3 Recibido del fabricante.

17 1 Awaiting return from vendor

18 2 Awaiting return from vendor

19 3 En reparación.

20 1 Testing and Repairing

21 2 Testing and Repairing

22 3 Reparado.

23 1 Repaired

24 2 Repaired

25 3 Cambiado por Vale Descuento

26 1 Changed for Gift Vounche

27 2 Changed for Gift Vounche

Forget last post.

Returns_status_id must be the same.

1 3 Petición de cambio recibida

1 1 Refund Returns Received

1 2 Refund Returns Received

2 3 A la espera de recibir su envio

2 1 Awaiting to receive your ship

2 2 Awaiting to receive your ship

3 3 En reparación.

3 1 Testing and Repairing

3 2 Testing and Repairing

4 3 Reparado.

4 1 Repaired

4 2 Repaired

5 3 Pendiente

5 1 Pending

5 2 Pending

6 3 En espera de contestación

6 1 Waiting for response

6 2 Waiting for response

7 3 Enviado al fabricante

7 1 Shipped to manufacturer

7 2 Shipped to manufacturer

8 3 Recibido del fabricante.

8 1 Received from manufacturer

8 2 Received from manufacturer

9 3 Cambiado por Vale Descuento

9 1 Changed by Gift Vounche

9 2 Changed by Gift Vounche

10 3 Devuelto. Fuera de Garantia.

10 1 Shipped. Out of Warranty.

10 2 Shipped. Out of Warranty.

11 3 Cambiado y Enviado.

11 1 Changed and Shipped.

11 2 Changed and Shipped.

12 3 Cancelada

12 1 Cancelled

12 2 Cancelled

13 3 Completada

13 1 Complete

13 2 Complete

• 2 months later...

Dunno if anyone can help me out..

I have successfully installed the RMA Returns system for my client's store but simply cannot get the returns system working with attributes. There are many products on the site that uses different attributes and options and I need to incorporate that when customers return a product. I have been tackling this project for quite some time and with no success I'm afraid. Would it be possible if someone could at least direct me on how to add such a thing to this contribution?

I also read a post a few pages back where someone had figured out a way to make the returns system pull attributes for that product. Could someone please share the wealth? I'll be your bestest bud! :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...