• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

family 3.0 problems

sgflowers

hi i didn't see a thread for this contribution yet

when i click on assign families i do not have any families available in the dropdown

i have created 2 families

any ideas??

also there are a couple of errors in the install and sql

this gives an error in php admin:

CREATE TABLE `products_families` (

`family_id` SMALLINT( 3 ) NOT NULL ,

`products_id` SMALLINT( 3 ) NOT NULL ,

);

also

CREATE TABLE `Families` (

`family_id` SMALLINT( 3 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

`family_name` VARCHAR( 20 ) NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `family_id` ) );

Families should be families otherwize you get errors in admin

in the install:

12.) Add the following code to /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php file:

define('TABLE_FAMILIES', 'families');

should also have:

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_FAMILIES', 'products_families');

i still can't get the admin to work though...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...here are the fixes to get the admin to work:

In /catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php find the following code:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products_name); $i<$n; $i++) {

Change it to:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($families_name); $i<$n; $i++) {

As far as the SQL fix...yes. Change 'Families' to 'families' and add this to to bottom of your /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_FAMILIES', 'products_families');

Once you guys work this out...let me know how you like it.

*I have uploaded v3.1 which has all of this fixed in the documentation.

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

......it's running, but I get this error message only at products with no attached family product:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '27' limit 9' at line 1

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '27' limit 9

Any ideas?

Torsten

Any idea about the error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '1726

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '17263'

????

I am using box.

Header Text    
Display Product Image 1   
Family Display Type Box   
Display Product Manufacturer Name 0   
Family Display Format Random   
Display Product Model 2   
Display Product Price 5   
Display Product Name 4   
Display Product Name 4   
Display Product Quantity 0   
Display Product Weight 0   
Display Buy Now column 6   
Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) 3   
Header Text 

The text that will appear as the header of the Family Products v3.0 module. 

Date Added:  
Last Modified: 09/09/2003

Thanks

Well, the first thing I will say is, "Wow. You have a lot of products." :)

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '1726

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '17263'

The problem is occuring when the additional params are called in the $where_clause variable. This part of the code (listed below) basically states that if there is more than 1 family, then it should select random products from the database where the product belongs to the first OR second OR third (and so on) family. This way all products have a fair chance of being shown no matter what family it belongs to.

if (tep_db_num_rows($family_name_query) == '1') {
$family_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_FAMILIES . " pf, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pf.family_id = '" . (int)$family_results['family_id'] . "' and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '" . $products_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
} else {
$where_clause = '';
$where_clause2 = '';
for ($i=0; $i < tep_db_num_rows($family_name_query); $i++) {
$family_results = tep_db_fetch_array($family_name_query);
if ($i < $num_of_rows_less_one) {
$where_clause .= "(pf.family_id = '" . $family_results['family_id'] . "') OR ";
} else {
$where_clause .= "(pf.family_id = '" . $family_results['family_id'] . "')";
}
}
$family_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_FAMILIES . " pf, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and (" . $where_clause . ") and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '" . $products_id . "' limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);
}

I don't understand why you are getting that error though. It looks as though it is calling the query which uses the OR statement, but it's not filling the $where_clause variable.

I want to get this figured out ASAP...as people are having problems. Just to clairfy, my version on a clean install of both Family Products v3.1 and MS2 works great. No problems.

On the product with an ID of '17263'....how many families does that product currently belong to?

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

ok also i am not clear on how to use this contrib

i assigned a bunch of accessories to a family called "accessories"

what is the next step...

Once you create a family....you must also include a product. Once this "product" is clicked on and the products_info.php file is called, the family of products will show below.

With what you have set up now....you would simply need to click on an accessory already found in the family, and you will see the family show up below.

HTH,

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

still:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '31' limit 9' at line 1

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '31' limit 9

I got the message for products with no family. So what to do?

Torsten

To be perfectly honest guys....not really sure. I have tried it on a clean MS2.2 install and everything works fine for me. I have also tried it on a modified install and that also works.

Give me some time to try and figure it out.

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

I am getting this error when I try to run family_products_3.sql:

SQL-query : 

)

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 4

I am using the corrected 3.1 version, and running 2.2 MS2. Thanks!

I am getting this error when I try to run family_products_3.sql:
SQL-query :?

)

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 4

I am using the corrected 3.1 version, and running 2.2 MS2. Thanks!

Just tried it again and the .sql file works just fine. Make sure you are using the most current version of phpMyAdmin

Chris Sullivan

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '31' limit 9' at line 1

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '31' limit 9

Could the problem be with how many products are avaliable? It doesn't look like it should but I can't figure out what is wrong. I will try to install it over again and see if that fixs the problem.

Please keep us up to date concerning any fixes.

Thank you

Moneer

Thanks, Chris. I went ahead and manually added that table. Now I'm getting some other errors. First, when I click on "Families" in the Admin section, the link is to "FILENAME_MODIFY_FAMILIES" instead of modify_families.php, and the same thing for assign_families.php, select_family_display.php, and view_families.php.

Secondly, when I manually change the link to assign_families.php I get this error:

1146 - Table 'catdb.TABLE_FAMILIES' doesn't exist

select family_id, family_name from TABLE_FAMILIES order by family_name ASC

[TEP STOP]

When I look at my database, however, both tables, 'families' and 'products_families' are there.

Help! Thanks!

Okay, nevermind. I fixed it -- the error was due to placement of some un-related code in application_top.php. I have no idea why Families was affected, because I didn't even touch that file, but anyway it's working beautifully now! Thanks so much for your help, Chris! This is a great mod and you're very kind to respond to questions here!

Could the problem be with how many products are avaliable? It doesn't look like it should but I can't figure out what is wrong. I will try to install it over again and see if that fixs the problem.

Please keep us up to date concerning any fixes.

Thank you

Moneer

This is only going to be an issue if you have a product assigned to more than 1 family.

Is this what you are currently working with?

Thanks,

-Chris

Chris Sullivan