• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

family 3.0 problems

sgflowers

Sorry for doublepost, but I cannot edit my previous post.

When I have Displaytype set to Box, and Displayformat set to Random, it selects random products from all groups.

But when I have Displayformat set to Family, it always select the same products from that family. How can I make it select random products from the family?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed Family Products v. 3.4, install went ok in sql when I go to admin page and try to assign familys I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\assign_families.php on line 97

What did i do wrong?

George

I added this contribution and all seemed to go fine, in adim I see main cat called Families rt under Catalog, In Families i have these: Veiw Manage, Select and Assign they appear to work till i get to Assign Families, I see the 10 select a product boxes come up and can select Test family from the list. The select products are empty. Have I done something wrong or is it I just dont understand how to add products? Posted in general suppot but no answers.

Any help appreciated,

George

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have installed this contrib with no problems.

I have created families (552 to be exact) with no problem.

I am now assigning products to these categories (not an issue)

When i click on the button to assign these products to the family i am redirected back to the login screen of my admin panel?

I try again, and again i am redirect back to log in?!?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Many Thanks

D4

• 3 months later...

hello!

I have a litle problem.Can anybody help me pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

I insatlled the contrib and working fine but when i want to insert a products in Assign families the"Please select a family" working and "Please select a product" is empty.What can i do to make it working.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I've installed Family Products 3.4 and everything is working fine accept the 'assign_family.php' file. It's showing the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/www/sylkamode/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 88

I've checked and line 88 is line number 2 of the following function:

function tep_db_fetch_array($db_query) {

return mysql_fetch_array($db_query, MYSQL_ASSOC);

}

Does anybody knows what to do about it?

Marcus

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

This is a very good contribution. Everything works fine on the admin site but on the catalog site I have a sql error which is different than the previous posts about sql error.

Here what I get :

--------------------------------------

ERROR: Please click here to restart site

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS' at line 1

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pf.family_id = '2' and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '254' order by p.products_date_added desc limit MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS

----------------------------------------

Can someone help me in getting rid of this error ? I am on a ms1 oscommerce. Thanks a lot for your help,

smalto

oscommerce 2.2 ms1 with contrib - lilibikini.com - 2005

This would be because the parameter MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS has not been set up during the installation of the contribution.

Is there a step that mentions running sql or something like that in the installation instruction that you did do?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

This would be because the parameter MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS has not been set up during the installation of the contribution.

Is there a step that mentions running sql or something like that in the installation instruction that you did do?

hello, Thank for the clue. I have changes in the queries the MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS to the number 9 and a part does work. Do you know why it does not take that parameter that come form New product ? Regarding the sql database, everything has been put as mentioned in the contribution.

Any clue how the MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS can still stay in order to change this parameter in the admin like th new product ?

When changing the option in admin to show in List here is a fatal error, it doesn't find the Class 'productListingBox' :

Fatal error: Class 'productListingBox' not found in /home/easygift/public_html/liliblingbling/includes/modules/family_products.php on line 412

in the file here is what is related to the ProductListingBox :

Line 412 :

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);

Related to the $list_box_contents :

$list_box_contents = array();
if (tep_db_num_rows($family_query) > 0) {

if (FAMILY_HEADER_FORMAT == 'Family Name') {
  $list_box_contents[0][0] = array('align' => 'left',
							  'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
							  'text' => ' ' . $family_results['family_name'] . ' ');
} else {
if (FAMILY_HEADER_TEXT == '') {
							  'text' => ' ' . TABLE_HEADING_FAMILY_PRODUCTS . ' ');
} else {
							  'text' => ' ' . FAMILY_HEADER_TEXT . ' ');
}
}

for($i=1; $i<4; $i++) {
  $list_box_contents[0][$i] = array('align' => 'left',
							  'text' => ' ');
}

Thanks for your help,

smalto

oscommerce 2.2 ms1 with contrib - lilibikini.com - 2005

• 7 months later...

I was having some problems getting this to work but it finally did.

Made some changes and will share. Hoping this could help someone.

1). In assign_families.php, line 96, there is an extra echo with nothing, not even a ending ;. Just delete it.

2). In line 20 of assign_families.php, there was $HTTP_POST_VARS so the family_id was inserting the value 0 in the families products table. Instead of it, write $HTTP_GET_VARS.

3). Assign_families.php uses $products_id to get id of product but in my product_info.php page $products_id was not defined but $product_info['products_id] was used so just assigned this value to $products_id.

Regards,

Mihir Jesani,

www.ifuturz.com

Well if you want to remove products from any family, you have to modify the view_families.php file as follows.

1).

After--

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

Add--

//Delete case open

case 'delete_product':

$family1 = $HTTP_GET_VARS['family_id'];

$product = $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

$products_query = tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_FAMILIES . " where family_id = '" . $family1 . "' and products_id='".$product."'");

break;

//Delete case close

2).

After--

while ($family_products = tep_db_fetch_array($family_products_query)) {

echo "<a href=\"" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $family_products['products_id'], 'SSL') . "\" target=\"_blank\"\">" . tep_get_products_name($family_products['products_id']) . "</a>";

Add--

//add this

echo "<a href=\"" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_VIEW_FAMILIES, 'action=delete_product&products_id=' . $family_products['products_id'] . '&family_id=' . $family)."\">".tep_image_button('button_delete.gif', IMAGE_DELETE)."</a><br>";

//end this

Now you have a delete button besides each product in the view_families.php page

Regards,

Mihir Jesani

www.ifuturz.com

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone.

I just posted a new version of this contribution (v 4.0). Check it out if you feel like it.

Cheers,

Matt

"There is something enduringly seductive in random, explosive acts of no consequence"

• 2 months later...

Hello, My client is having a problem with the family products (v 3.4). If we add products to a category, then link those to another category (such as "new spring 2010") then make a family, it messes up the product listing for all categories involved. It only shows the first product, and the others disappear in the list, although they DO show as a family underneath the one product if it is clicked. Any ideas about how to fix or test this further would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by ~Kira

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

• 1 month later...

Hi i'm trying to install this contribution, but I have come to stand still.

13.) Create an anchor for the infobox in /includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php

Add somewhere before the closing "?>":

//START Product Families v 4.0

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'families.php');

$sts->stop_capture('families', 'box');

//END Product Families

15.) Place the anchor for Product Families v 4.0 in your template. You will probably want to create a "product_info.php.html" template file, and place

the "$families" anchor somewhere inside it.

I can't seem to find /includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php

And I don't understand #15

Sorry if I sound dumb, but I have installed various other contribs with no problems.

Can any explain please?

Thanks Kat

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Sorry for replying so late. I don't enter the forums unless I have some issue myself :)

Kira - this contribution does not affect the product listing. It does not affect the products database table either. It is "encapsulated" inside an infobox on the product page so it schouldn't even mess things up there. I think that your issue might not be related to Family Products. In case you still need a solution, please elaborate :)

Kat - if you can't find such a file then you do not have STS installed. It is a greatly useful contribution. I think you schould install it. In case you don't want to you can try to change the infobox into a module. It requires a little bit of OSC experience.

All in all - my client has been happily using this contrib for a while now and has had no problems. Sure - it could be a lot better, but as it is it gets the job done just fine.

"There is something enduringly seductive in random, explosive acts of no consequence"

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the great product.

I was just wundering. Will it be possible to make something like this.. My link

Sort of pull down with the related products tab?

I am a .php newbie. Maybe someone could help?

I think there must be something changed in the family_products.php

thanks

• 8 months later...

It would have saved me a lot of time if the fact that the installation instructions only apply to stores with STS installed had been mentioned prominently in the add-on history section.

I've spent a bit of time installing it all, at least as far as it starts going on about STS, come here and found out that the instructions only apply to STS stores and am now going to uninstall it!

Annoying!