osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons scripts use redirects is so that the amount of links clicked, going out, stats etc can be recorded. The redirect records this and then forwards the user for the link.

I've discovered how to turn off the redirection of the links. I went to links under Admin > Configuration > Links > Click Count > select false. Now all the links show as http://www.websitehere.com. Don't really need the click count, so I will leave it off for now until there is a better way?

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

Warning: eregi(): REG_EMPTY in /home/virtual/site112/fst/var/www/html/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/validations.php on line 97

I get this error. No matter what email address I add it says it's not a valid Address!

Mike Everything else seems to work ok until i try to approve the Link!

I've discovered how to turn off the redirection of the links. I went to links under Admin > Configuration > Links > Click Count > select false. Now all the links show as http://www.websitehere.com. Don't really need the click count, so I will leave it off for now until there is a better way?

This solved my problem for outbound links.. Thanx! :D :D :D :D

If I am not mistaken, (good) outbound links could improve your pagerank aswell .

This solved my problem for outbound links.. Thanx! :D :D :D :D

If I am not mistaken, (good) outbound links could improve your pagerank aswell .

I solved this problem another way - though admittedly not perfect. I include the link in the link description as well, though in the same text color as all the other text. The spider finds what it wants, most users click the redirect so I get a 'relatively' accurate click count, and all God's children are happy.

David

Hi ALL!!

?'ve just installed the contribution and its in fact error-free. I only have a problem that I use the Dutch language and I don't see the status of the links in my admin panel...........?! No errors, but als no links in the catalog. I've already read the whole thread but didn't find the right solution for this???

Any suggestions?

latersssss,

Chris

Hi ALL!!

?'ve just installed the contribution and its in fact error-free. I only have a problem that I use the Dutch language and I don't see the status of the links in my admin panel...........?! No errors, but als no links in the catalog. I've already read the whole thread but didn't find the right solution for this???

Any suggestions?

latersssss,

Chris

my postings here may help

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...3&hl=links&st=0

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this contribution works with Flash banners?

If it dosnt as standard, has anyone got it to work with flash banners and how did they go about it?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new to the boards and OS.

I have 2 questions regarding Links.

How do I set up Anchor text for the links. Right now it just shows the url and the description. I also would like to know how to remove the image url box. Thanks in advance.

Catbear

• 2 months later...
If you add the three status fields in the new language_id fields in the DB table link_status for every language available on your site, you can see and adjust every category or link per language if you change the language of the admin panel.

This is not the most 'clean solution' but it does allow submitting links in every language

Frederick,

I'm presuming that you increment the link_status ID, make the language ID match the ID of a language existing in the cart and your text the translation of the English description of the status, can you confirm this??

David

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have been having a problem with the redirect.php, I get this error when clicking on a banner.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home2/mobiacc/public_html/redirect.php on line 61

Now line 61 appears to be this

case 'links':

Now under advice from another member I reverted back to the original redirect but then the the links manager did not function.

I reinstated the links manager code into the redirect.php file but now no links or categories show in the catalog at all!

They are still in the database and they still show in the admin.

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this, I need to get it done asap!

with Regards

Mark :'(

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if there is anyone still answering in this thread or not.

I do have two questions if there is.

First,, the issue about the links not counting on search engin rank?

is this true?

is links done through this a waste?

Second question is.

I was wondering if there are any of u programs could tell me how to get a catagory and the links in that catagory to show up in the form of a info box with the links just a text link in the info box?

Thanks in advance

Tom

I'm not sure where you read the links don't count because they do. They help increase your page rank which in turn will help with your index position.

I'm not sure what you are asking about in your second question but it sounds like you are describing the categories infobox.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all ... hope this helps

Qwiz - First,, the issue about the links not counting on search engin rank?

is this true?

is links done through this a waste?

The links manager is quite ingenious as it knows when a robot is searching the site and shows it the actual url. However, this relies upon the spiders text file that comes with the contribution being up to date. So even with the counter switched on, the links manager isn't a waste of time - but some webmasters don't approve of redirected links, so you might get some rejection on that basis ... if you do, just switch off the counter.

Qwiz - was wondering if there are any of u programs could tell me how to get a catagory and the links in that catagory to show up in the form of a info box with the links just a text link in the info box?

You mean like a nomal links page - it can be done, but you'll have to mess with the links.php file and the associated link_listing.php file in the modules folder ... I wouldn't recommend it unless you have some experience with it - but hey, you gotta start somewhere - so backup and have a go! For the formatting, you might want to play with the stylesheet and the link listing file

Good luck

Thanks guys for the info.

Glad the the SE still find these, thats all i want.

Stuart,

uhmm,, what i want to do, is say if i have three catagories of links that show up on the links page,, and one of them is say links to osc related items.

I want to have an info box on left or right colunm, that shows just that one category, and the links in it listed as text links in that info box.

did that make more sense?

Regards

Tom

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if VJ is still around, but I hope someone could help me out on this.

BTW, this is a great contribution I'm using in 3 websites.

Here is the issue, as it was written, it sort the links inside a category alphabetically, which means that as we increase the data, a particular link could be today in page 1, but tomorrow in page 2.

As many link exchange websites are using spiders to check if the link is still up, the spider will look at page 1, but when the link is moved to page 2, it can't find it.

This is happening to me now. I'm getting emails from partners notifying the link is broken.

I was trying to get the links sorted by links_id, however, I can't get it works. I think that can be changed in this part of code, so if anyone can give a hand on this, I really will appreciate.

thanks

far

// ===================================================show the links in a given category
// ===================================================We show them all
   $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " l.links_id from " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld, " . TABLE_LINKS . " l, " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and l2lc.link_categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
       if ($column_list[$i] == 'LINK_LIST_TITLE') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by ld.links_title";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
     $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
     switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
       case 'LINK_LIST_TITLE':
         $listing_sql .= "ld.links_title " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
       case 'LINK_LIST_URL':
         $listing_sql .= "l.links_url " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", ld.links_title";
         break;
       case 'LINK_LIST_IMAGE':
         $listing_sql .= "ld.links_title";
         break;
       case 'LINK_LIST_DESCRIPTION':
         $listing_sql .= "ld.links_description " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", ld.links_title";
         break;
       case 'LINK_LIST_COUNT':
         $listing_sql .= "l.links_clicked " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", ld.links_title";
         break;
     }
   }
?>

This is a great contribution. I really like the link checker function but I was wondering if anyone has thought about (maybe a future update) adding the functionality to be able to check all links at once and show which links are not found. This would save time as you check up on the reciprocal links to your site to ensure they are still in place...

Brian Neuman

Here is the issue, as it was written, it sort the links inside a category alphabetically, which means that as we increase the data, a particular link could be today in page 1, but tomorrow in page 2.

As many link exchange websites are using spiders to check if the link is still up, the spider will look at page 1, but when the link is moved to page 2, it can't find it.

Good point Farnastic. have you gotten anywhere with you modification to the code?

This is a great contribution.  I really like the link checker function but I was wondering if anyone has thought about (maybe a future update) adding the functionality to be able to check all links at once and show which links are not found.  This would save time as you check up on the reciprocal links to your site to ensure they are still in place...

I was actually just about to ask the same thing. I love the links manager, but if it could check all the links at once, or spider a couple pages into the site to check for our link it would be friggin amazing.

Anyone know if it is possible to make it do a full check of all links and just list the "not found" links, maybe add a button to do a full check and also keeping the individual check as well, might be easier.

That would make it completely easy for webmasters to keep an eye on their link exchanges :)

I copied over the admin directory just like it said, but where in the admin screen does the links manager show up? Can anybody help me please?

I'm not sure if this is from a contribution or not (I install oscMax which included many contribs already) but for me you have to go your admin and under Administrator there is a section called "File Access". You should see a directory here called "Links". Enable this box by clicking the green button and then click on the Links folder to "Store" the files links.php, links_contact.php, and links_category.php.

Brian Neuman