VJ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a fresh install of the links contribution and have these errors:

admin/links manager/links

Links Search:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

This problem is a known problem that is fixed with the oscommerce update. Or you can open the classes/spit_page_results.php file, find where it says offset around line 30 and change it to max(offset, 0). Note that this is from memroy so you should look at the update package to be sure that is correct.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

This is not a big problem but just wanted to know where this asterisk is that is on the left side under the text "Website Details"?

http://www.monogrammeonline.com/links_submit.php

I would like to remove it.

Thanks!

Find this line in includes/languages/english/links_submit.php
define('ENTRY_LINKS_CATEGORY_TEXT', '*');

and change to

define('ENTRY_LINKS_CATEGORY_TEXT', '');

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Find this line in includes/languages/english/links_submit.php

CODE

define('ENTRY_LINKS_CATEGORY_TEXT', '*');

and change to

CODE

define('ENTRY_LINKS_CATEGORY_TEXT', '');

Thanks! I was looking in that file but didn't know which one.

Is that asterisk that is below the "Description" box suppose to be required for the description box? Is there a way to move the asterisk to the right side like the others?

http://www.monogrammeonline.com/links_submit.php

Yes, I've actually made these two changes as well as others for the next version but haven't had time to test it before uploading. Here is what you need to change. Find this line in links_submit.php

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('links_description', 'hard', 20, 5) . '?' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

and replace it with

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
			 <tr>
			  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('links_description', 'hard', 20, 5);?></td>
			  <td valign="top"><?php echo (tep_not_null(ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_TEXT) ? '<nobr><span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_LINKS_DESCRIPTION_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
			 </tr>
			</table></td>

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

getting this msg when i try and run "links_setup.php"

1146 - Table 'iniquityclothing_com_1.configuration_group' doesn't exist

select * from configuration_group where configuration_group_title = 'Links'

[TEP STOP]

any ideas??

View recent 'helpfull' threads:

403 Error problems | Ultimate SEO (contribution support)

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fhlinux184/p/paddockstand.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/links.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/p/paddockstand.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux184/p/paddockstand.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/links.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/p/paddockstand.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 43

Help please!!!!

Regards

Steve

(I am crap at this)

Regards

Steve

Jack, I'm using the links manager and I'm finding it very useful, although I have a warning every time I use the admin side that an array isn't valid.

That aside (as it works anyway!) are you planning to do something similar for a banner manager - stock osC has a banner manager, but nowhere to submit a banner to the site, sell impressions/clicks etc. I haven't a clue how to create something like this but think it could be quite useful - do you or does anyone have any ideas?

Just a thought...

Nick

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fhlinux184/p/paddockstand.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/links.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/p/paddockstand.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux184/p/paddockstand.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/links.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/p/paddockstand.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 43

You have an extra space in the links.php file. See this.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I'm using the links manager and I'm finding it very useful, although I have a warning every time I use the admin side that an array isn't valid.

That aside (as it works anyway!) are you planning to do something similar for a banner manager - stock osC has a banner manager, but nowhere to submit a banner to the site, sell impressions/clicks etc. I haven't a clue how to create something like this but think it could be quite useful - do you or does anyone have any ideas?

Just a thought...

Nick

The invalid array is a compatibility problem. A fix for it was posted in the last few pages. It works for some sites but not all from what I can tell.

I don't know what you are asking about the banner manager. There is a featured links option that will randomly display the featured links. Is that what you mean?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Great stuff, now I don't suppose you could tell me where?

Regards

Steve

Right I have got rid of all the spaces, thanks for the advice, now I get this!!!

I know I am crap at this :o)

Regards

Steve

Regards

Steve

It's the same error so you didn't remove the spaces, or, you removed the spaces but they were added back in by your editor or ftp program. Try doing it again with different porgrams. The fix is easy once you have done it. You need to find why it isn't working for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's the same error so you didn't remove the spaces, or, you removed the spaces but they were added back in by your editor or ftp program. Try doing it again with different porgrams. The fix is easy once you have done it. You need to find why it isn't working for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The invalid array is a compatibility problem. A fix for it was posted in the last few pages. It works for some sites but not all from what I can tell.

I don't know what you are asking about the banner manager. There is a featured links option that will randomly display the featured links. Is that what you mean?

Jack

Unfortunately the fix didn't work, not that it matters as it all looks fine from the customers end. What I meant re a banner manager is instead of a third party submitting their link to be included, they can submit a graphic banner that would work in a similar way to the featured links option - displaying their banner on the front page instead of the osCommerce one.

I just installed Links manager.

1) I don't see links manager on admin 2) I have links in my information box but when I click on it I get the following:

1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_ecom.link_categories_description' doesn't exist

select link_categories_name from link_categories_description where link_categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Can someone please help me with this.

Unfortunately the fix didn't work, not that it matters as it all looks fine from the customers end. What I meant re a banner manager is instead of a third party submitting their link to be included, they can submit a graphic banner that would work in a similar way to the featured links option - displaying their banner on the front page instead of the osCommerce one.
I'm not sure I see a difference from that and the featured link option other than the link being displayed in a box. I don't think it would take much to add code to the footer so that the image is displayed there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just installed Links manager.

1) I don't see links manager on admin 2) I have links in my information box but when I click on it I get the following:

1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_ecom.link_categories_description' doesn't exist

select link_categories_name from link_categories_description where link_categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Can someone please help me with this.

It doesn't look like it was installed correctly. You should go back through the installation procedure.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It doesn't look like it was installed correctly. You should go back through the installation procedure.

Jack

Thank you Jack for replying.

I installed it again and now I'm getting all these messages.

On Home page I have this:

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin define('FILENAME_LINKS', 'links.php'); define('FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT', 'links_submit.php'); define('FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT_SUCCESS', 'links_submit_success.php'); define('FILENAME_LINK_LISTING', 'link_listing.php'); define('FILENAME_LINK_SEARCH', 'link_search.php'); define('FILENAME_POPUP_LINKS_HELP', 'popup_links_help.php'); // VJ Links Manager v1.00 end// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'link_categories'); define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'link_categories_description'); define('TABLE_LINKS', 'links'); define('TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION', 'links_description'); define('TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'links_to_link_categories'); define('TABLE_LINKS_FEATURED', 'links_featured'); // VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/filenames.php:74) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/filenames.php:74) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

On administration I have this message

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'links.php'); // VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

I really appreciate any help here.

Thank you all

Thank you Jack for replying.

I installed it again and now I'm getting all these messages.

On Home page I have this:

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin define('FILENAME_LINKS', 'links.php'); define('FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT', 'links_submit.php'); define('FILENAME_LINKS_SUBMIT_SUCCESS', 'links_submit_success.php'); define('FILENAME_LINK_LISTING', 'link_listing.php'); define('FILENAME_LINK_SEARCH', 'link_search.php'); define('FILENAME_POPUP_LINKS_HELP', 'popup_links_help.php'); // VJ Links Manager v1.00 end// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'link_categories'); define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'link_categories_description'); define('TABLE_LINKS', 'links'); define('TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION', 'links_description'); define('TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'links_to_link_categories'); define('TABLE_LINKS_FEATURED', 'links_featured'); // VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/filenames.php:74) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/filenames.php:74) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

On administration I have this message

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'links.php'); // VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

I really appreciate any help here.

Thank you all

Sorry Jack............all messages dissapeared...... I guess I needed a refresh.

When I click on Links I get this message:

1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_ecom.links_status' doesn't exist

select links_status_id, links_status_name from links_status where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Need help with this and sorry about before.

It's still pointing to a problem with your database. You will need to check and see why you don't have the table. I wonder if you ran an update script instead of the full database install?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons