• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

I dont use column_right so I dont think that is the issue--it says in the error that is sint finding this: includes/boxes/card.php, so you must have column right being called and in column_right the card.php must not be commented out--the easy way to handle it is to remove the call for column_right.php from the files in question--my files call column_right.php but I have everything in the column_right file commented out so I get no errors anyway

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont use column_right so I dont think that is the issue--it says in the error that is sint finding this: includes/boxes/card.php, so you must have column right being called and in column_right the card.php must not be commented out--the easy way to handle it is to remove the call for column_right.php from the files in question--my files call column_right.php but I have everything in the column_right file commented out so I get no errors anyway

That was it. Just commented out all lines in column_right, as we are not using this file, and now everything looks fine. As you mentioned above, this contribution must call column_right somewhere, just didn't feel like looking everywhere, so commenting out the column_right.php file solved the problem.

Thanks for your help in directing me to the right place!

Almost there....One thing I cannot seem to figure out is how on the links.php it gets the small picture that should be in the upper right corner of the page? As of now, it has a red "x" like the file/picture does not exist.

I think this is the code, but not sure if I should have added a .gif file somewhere into my images folder or not? I looked back at install directions and see no file named table_background_list.gif. Please push me in the right direction here. I may be misunderstanding what should be dsiplaying there also.

// Get the right image for the top-right;-)
$image = 'table_background_list.gif';
if ($current_category_id) {
  $image_query = tep_db_query("select link_categories_image from " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " where link_categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
  $image_value = tep_db_fetch_array($image_query);

if (tep_not_null($image_value['link_categories_image'])) {
	$image = $image_value['link_categories_image'];
  }
}
?>

Edited by golfman2006

I dont use the call for those images--so I delete the call line in the html on the page--I dont like the look of the upper right images and I always modify the text for the title next to that image also

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

I dont use the call for those images--so I delete the call line in the html on the page--I dont like the look of the upper right images and I always modify the text for the title next to that image also

I wouldn't mind the images not showing either in the corner, but I am not able to find the code in links.php as I have tried to comment out the above, but nothing seems to change. Can you tell me what code you eliminated or commented out so I can follow the same?

Remove this line for the image problem

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

For you column right problem, that happened because the code iin links.php is trying to load that file. You should delete the code from the file. It should also be deleted from the links_submit.php file since it has the same code.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Remove this line for the image problem
			<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

For you column right problem, that happened because the code iin links.php is trying to load that file. You should delete the code from the file. It should also be deleted from the links_submit.php file since it has the same code.

Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack....I will give that a try tonite, but that should solve the issue with that picture in the upper right corner.

As for the column_right issue, I just commented out that code in links.php and also in links_submit.php and links_submit_success.php, which also had the column_right call. Now, all is working great and once I get the upper right picture above removed, we will almost be complete with this contribution.

In what file would I find the code to change the color of the grid that is used to display the links? It is the standard osCommerce blue right now, but our site uses green colors. I am sure this is easy and possibly could be in the stylesheet.css file, but nothing has stood out yet in the code to my eyes....and I am fairly new to all of this.

Yes, it's in the stylesheet. There is a separate section of code for Links Manager although some of the standard classes are used too.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, it's in the stylesheet. There is a separate section of code for Links Manager although some of the standard classes are used too.

Jack

Image problem is now gone by commenting out the above code in link.php....Thanks for that!

As for the stylesheet, I am very close to having it look like our site. Only color I cannot figure out how to change is underneath the Title, Description, URL, and Clicks header fields. Those fields seem to be grabbing the style/color from someplace else as it does match the color for header bar which I changed in stylesheet.css. Is there another file where this color is being generated from where I can change and have these field titles have the same color as the linkListing-heading? Hope this makes sense.....

While viewing that page in a browser, select the view source item from teh menu. Search on that page for the item you want to change and you will see the class being used.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

if you mean the links for sortings etc, then it is .productListing-heading {

or if you mean the bacground color under those links it is .linkListing-heading {

Edited by rabbitseffort

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

if you mean the links for sortings etc, then it is .productListing-heading {

or if you mean the bacground color under those links it is .linkListing-heading {

Thanks Jack and Rabbit for the replys. In looking at the source, the class being called is " class="linkListing-heading". Here is what that code looks like in stylesheet.css now that I changed it, but, on the page it still shows the standard color from my other headers just under the text, which is a slightly different color. Color #00ff00 is much darker then what is under the text.

.linkListing-heading {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
 font-weight: bold; 
 background: #004400;
 color: #00ff00;
 text-align: center;
}

Here is what I am seeing(qstix.com/links.php....then click on 'general' to go to the grid of available links). Not sure how or where to get the color under the text to match the header bar. It would seem there must be another file that this is being called from. Any ideas or suggestions?

That would the background setting in the class for the text.

Jack

Got it....you were right, it was in the class .linkListing-heading in styleseet.css. We actually use a url image, so once I changed that accordingly, all looks good.....Thanks again for all your help!

Hey guys, I have v_1.07 installed on my site, and I did set to 50 links per page. Problem is its pulling very very very slowly. Takes about 20 seconds to display a page with 50 links on it. Any ideas why and how to fix it? Thanks a lot, Oleg

If you are displaying images and the images are large, then it can slow down the loading of the page. Also, I don't remember which version it was, but I added a primary key to the links table, which sped up loading quite a bit. You could try adding that key or upgrading (although that would be quite a job from that old of a version).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yep I agree with Jack but not only large images but even small images as well (when you are loading 50 links to a page). Try selecting no images and watch the page load immediately.

Edited by Top_Speed

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

have you checked in multiple browsers?

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

I saw the error message, but when I waited a few minutes and refreshed it was gone--maybe your database was slow to update?

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

I saw the error message, but when I waited a few minutes and refreshed it was gone--maybe your database was slow to update?

Yeah I fixed it. There was a bug in the cotribution that I downloaded but all is wall now.

Yeah I fixed it. There was a bug in the cotribution that I downloaded but all is wall now.

can you share ??

i installed this contribution and then installed again just to be sure cuz i am getting errors

when in the admin side. this eror from catalog/admin/links.php?links_status_list&search=

was after i added one link which is marked pending these error lines come out when i look at either all or pending links)

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in *****\www\catalog\admin\links.php on line 733

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in *****\www\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in *****\www\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

after this i thought maybe i am getting this error cuz i submitted a link before i added categories. so i went to phpmyadmin and dropped the links tables.

ran links_setup again and went to the admin to create categories

when i click on the 'new category' button these are the errors that come up (above the header and the page does seem to load fine other wise - though i am not sure)

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in *****\www\catalog\admin\link_categories.php on line 111

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in *******\www\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in *******\www\catalog\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

i looked through the code over and over again , and made sure i installed it exactly as described. and it exactly as written. i

i went on and kept pressing almost ech and every option in links manager to see if any of the functionality is not there, but it seems all is working and even though i get these 3 warnings, when i do add categories it seems to be working fine - but i really dont know cuz i never saw it with out the warnings ;)

any one have any idea whats gone wrong ?

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

Hi,

I ran into a couple of problems installing 1.14.

First, when I ran the links_setup.php, I got the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/theli11/public_html/shop/includes/header.php:226) in /home/theli11/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

When I click on links.php, I get the errors:

Warning: main(includes/functions/links.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theli11/public_html/shop/links.php on line 16

Warning: main(includes/functions/links.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theli11/public_html/shop/links.php on line 16

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/functions/links.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theli11/public_html/shop/links.php on line 16

I assume these are related problems. Any guidance is appreciated!