• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

Me again. I have another problem. After uploading to my webhost everything works OK except when clicking on the url link in the links page (that should go to the person's website), the page loads back to my home page.??? It doesn't do this when testing it on my localhost. What has changed? All the links files are exactly the same as they are on my localhost.

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore the above post. I have sorted the problem. I had omitted the redirect.php file on the webhost! :blink:

:huh: For those that have the same problem...can you explain what you did to fix it in details? Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

I get this error while trying to view what is in the category from the website:

1146 - Table 'spycamg_osc1.TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES' doesn't exist

select count(l.links_id) as total from links_description ld, links l, TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.language_id = '1' and l2lc.link_categories_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Please NOTE: that admin works just fine, I can add categories and links.

Also the site lists categories fine, just when I got into them to see link i get this error.

Also NOTE: that I checked phpmyadmin and that table does exist.

Any help is appreciated been searching the forums for 2 days with no luck.

call to undefined function: tep_validate_email() in admin/links.php on line 83.

I have this same problem too, since i used MS1

anybody has idea how to fix this?

I am trying to get this contr. works with MS1, so i will upload to contr. section if i figure out and fix problems.

thanks

John

Edited by minghoo

call to undefined function: tep_validate_email() in admin/links.php on line 83.

I have this same problem too, since i used MS1

anybody has idea how to fix this?

I am trying to get this contr. works with MS1, so i will upload to contr. section if i figure out and fix problems.

thanks

John

as the error message states the tep_validate_email_function has not been defined in admin/includes/functions/validations.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Thank you so much for replying.

Could you please tell me how to get this working?

these links: ( 83- 88 ) in admin/links.php

if (!tep_validate_email($links_contact_email)) {

$error = true;

$entry_links_contact_email_check_error = true;

} else {

$entry_links_contact_email_check_error = false;

}

how can i define this $links_contact_email function?

thanks

john

Sorry I do not use MS1 so do not know if there is a admin/includes/functions/validations.php file or a catalog/includes/functions/validation file

If these files exist then that is where to define the function

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

you could try copying the validation.php file from a 2.2MS2 as the file is only used to check the email address character formation or bypass the validation part of the code in links

• 2 weeks later...
I get this error while trying to view what is in the category from the website:

1146 - Table 'spycamg_osc1.TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES' doesn't exist

select count(l.links_id) as total from links_description ld, links l, TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.language_id = '1' and l2lc.link_categories_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Please NOTE: that admin works just fine, I can add categories and links.

Also the site lists categories fine, just when I got into them to see link i get this error.

Also NOTE: that I checked phpmyadmin and that table does exist.

Any help is appreciated been searching the forums for 2 days with no luck.

Anyone have any clue for this?

Been couple weeks and I still cannot solve this problem.

Went thru the setup instructions 5 times and all looks right.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been exchanging links using the Links Manager and have received an email from someone saying no thanks they don't want my link because it is "a cgi generated link and search engines do not treat cgi links as reciprocal links".

Is this the case and if so, is there a way of changing the links to display as search engine friendly links?

A sample of one of my links page is at My Webpage

When you mouseover the link, it shows as a generated link. :huh:

Mary-Ann

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Have been enjoying myself installing this brilliant contribution (many thanks for writing it). I have been following the path of some others trying to install it onto a pre ms2 version of OSC. All was going well until I hit a problem that hasn't been mentioned. so I'm hoping someone can cure this for me. I'm a definate beginner with php so please be kind :)

The admin side is fine now, its just the 'submit a site' file

It displays fine(ish) apart from the line:-

Website Details FORM_REQUIRED_INFORMATION , I'm assuming that the 'FORM_REQUIRED_INFORMATION' bit is some type of variable/label which has to be defined somewhere?

also all the 'Help [?]' java links don't work.

Apart from this all is ok, the site submission works fine

Would really appreciate some help with this, many thanks in anticipation

Len

I?m running into a problem, too. The installation worked fine, and I can add categories and links and they are all saved in the proper tables (as I can see via phpMyAdmin). But when I go to the catalog and call the section "links", only the link categories are shown, but no links!

Also, in the admin section, there is no entry offer for [option ->] status.

Any ideas what I?m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

No idea at all. I have the first problem you have, though I do have the status buttons showing up correctly. I'm preparing to uninstall all my links and try to reenter them As no one seems to have responded to this issue. If that doesn't work, it a complete uninstall for me.

David

Hi Again,

Both previous problems still exist, anyone have any ideas? Please

developed another one, i think its down to this contribution, but not sure, the error i have now is down to the quick search or advanced search, the error i get is:-

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select distinct p.products_image, m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.product' at line 1

select count(select distinct p.products_image, m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id), products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = \'1\' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like \'%jade%\' or p.products_model like \'%jade%\' or m.manufacturers_name like \'%jade%\') ) order by pd.products_name) as total 

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know if this is or could be down to this contribution, my site is live so it would be really nice to have a search facility

Help!!

regards

len

Hello all,

I have installed this contribution. Everything seems to work fine except the actual link to the link partner.

I recieve the following error when I click the link:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /hsphere/local/home/scot0/corshas.com/catalog/redirect.php on line 75

The problem is that there is not a line 75

<?php
/*
 $Id: redirect.php,v 1.10 2003/06/05 23:31:31 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {
   case 'banner':
     $banner_query = tep_db_query("select banners_url from " . TABLE_BANNERS . " where banners_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'] . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($banner_query)) {
       $banner = tep_db_fetch_array($banner_query);
       tep_update_banner_click_count($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

tep_redirect($banner['banners_url']);
     }
     break;

case 'url':
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'])) {
       tep_redirect('http://' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);
     }
     break;

case 'manufacturer':
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
       $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturer_query)) {
// url exists in selected language
         $manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

if (tep_not_null($manufacturer['manufacturers_url'])) {
           tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " set url_clicked = url_clicked+1, date_last_click = now() where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

tep_redirect($manufacturer['manufacturers_url']);
         }
       } else {
// no url exists for the selected language, lets use the default language then
         $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi, " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " l where mi.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = l.languages_id and l.code = '" . DEFAULT_LANGUAGE . "'");
         if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturer_query)) {
           $manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

if (tep_not_null($manufacturer['manufacturers_url'])) {
             tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " set url_clicked = url_clicked+1, date_last_click = now() where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer['languages_id'] . "'");

tep_redirect($manufacturer['manufacturers_url']);
           }
         }
       }
     }
     break;
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin
   case 'links':
     require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'links.php');

$links_query = tep_db_query("select links_url from " . TABLE_LINKS . " where links_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'] . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($links_query)) {
       $link = tep_db_fetch_array($links_query);
       tep_update_links_click_count($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

tep_redirect($link['links_url']); 
     }
     break;
// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end
?>

I think that the problem has to be this line of code,

tep_redirect($link['links_url']);

though I don't see the problem.

Thanks for the help,

Scott

I?m running into a problem, too. The installation worked fine, and I can add categories and links and they are all saved in the proper tables (as I can see via phpMyAdmin). But when I go to the catalog and call the section "links", only the link categories are shown, but no links!

Also, in the admin section, there is no entry offer for [option ->] status.

Any ideas what I?m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

No idea at all. I have the first problem you have, though I do have the status buttons showing up correctly. I'm preparing to uninstall all my links and try to reenter them As no one seems to have responded to this issue. If that doesn't work, it a complete uninstall for me.

David

Ok. Fixed it. During an upgrade of my site, some extra whitespace had made it into catalog/includes/categories_tab.php and this munged the link display.

Edited by Nimitz_1061

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - some of my links partners are not happy with the redirect as they claim that this is not counted as a link by the search engines.

I have looked at the code and I can see that the actual links_url is presented to the bots depending on whether or not they are caught by the spiders.txt - - the only thing I am not sure about is why we need to redirect in the first place.

Is there any reason for this - surely its better just to present the url ?? Anyone got any comments

Thanks

Stuart

If anyone needs it, I just uploaded an addon that will allow printing of the links. The contribution is HERE. I still want to add sorting and selective page printing to it but it will be awhile before I can get to it so I put it up as is for now.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Stuart, See my previous post under this. I have the same problem as you. Still looking for a reply. Anyone have any answers? Why can't the links just show up as ordinary links when mouseover?

I have been exchanging links using the Links Manager and have received an email from someone saying no thanks they don't want my link because it is "a cgi generated link and search engines do not treat cgi links as reciprocal links".

Is this the case and if so, is there a way of changing the links to display as search engine friendly links?

A sample of one of my links page is at My Webpage

When you mouseover the link, it shows as a generated link

Mary-Ann

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

Hi Mary

Making the change is (or looks to be) quite simple - there is a function file called links.php which controls this, we could either change the function to list the url on mouseover or delete the function in the link listing and rewrite that file instead. I'll do that if I don't get an answer as to why would someone go to the lengths of programming the redirect if there was no reason for it - I'll post the solution here if I do that.

I'm guessing that the redirect is to stop unwanted harvester robots going to the link partners site and spamming them to death - which is in their benefit really ... but then some link partners are quite adamant that they don't want to link with redirected url's so we're in a catch 22 there