• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

Hello...I just installed the contribution. admin side is working great but i cant access the catalog anymore...get following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /home/ativasat/public_html/index.php on line 13

i have ms2 with bts mod.

thank you in anticipation

Well, the links script doesn't involve changes to your index.php file, so its likely that something else has messed it up. Have you checked line 13, by the way?

VJ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V.J. you are a true champ! I am going to do another thorough check but it looks like all is running to perfection. Not everyone would have taken the time you have to help me get this running. My sincerest thanks. Give me a few days and I will sort out everything we needed to do to get this to work on ms1. I will then post. Thanks again V.J. I will be speaking to you via e-mail soon regarding the donation. Happy New Year to you as well V.J.!

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

Hi V.J.. This contribution is still giving me problems in my ms1 store. I have been working on this for awhile now but I can't seem to figure out how to fix the runtime errors I am getting when trying to add new categories. I installed this same contribution in my ms2 store and everything is working great. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks V.J.

Hi V.J.. This contribution is still giving me problems in my ms1 store. I have been working on this for awhile now but I can't seem to figure out how to fix the runtime errors I am getting when trying to add new categories. I installed this same contribution in my ms2 store and everything is working great. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks V.J.

I'm not really sure what those js runtime errors are about. Here's a "solution", though:

Add this code to your /admin/includes/general.js,

function rowOverEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'dataTableRow') object.className = 'dataTableRowOver';
}

function rowOutEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'dataTableRowOver') object.className = 'dataTableRow';
}

... and keep your fingers crossed! :P

Next time you get a js runtime error, try to note them down or capture a screenshot.

VJ

hi,

has this contribution been properly tested for multi languages?

I have a bit of problem with the links manager 1.01:

Everything seems to work fine when I add categories in administration, and it still seems to work when I add links but when I take a look at the links in the catalog, they only show on the English pages (I have a bilingual site set up.) The Finnish side shows only the categories.

I see that at least adding categories is multilingual but what about adding links themselves? On my setup this doesn't work.

I have installed the contrib according to the instructions and I get no errors anywhere. My OSC version is 2.2 MS2.

Does anyone have this contrib working on a multilanguage store?

I'd like to add that I changed the language id of the query that fetches the link lists (in catalog/links.php) to =1 so that I get the english list on both languages. A temporary solution at best while I am trying to find a better fix.

I also noticed that the table links_status only has three rows all of which have language id =1 which means they won't show in the Finnish version of administration (or the add link in the catalogue I think.) Could this be the reason why adding links won't work on the Finnish side? And would it be fixed by adding double link_status options with language id=4 (which the id number for Finnish on my database?)

Anyone?

I?m running into a problem, too. The installation worked fine, and I can add categories and links and they are all saved in the proper tables (as I can see via phpMyAdmin). But when I go to the catalog and call the section "links", only the link categories are shown, but no links!

Also, in the admin section, there is no entry offer for [option ->] status.

Any ideas what I?m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Hi VJ. I am still trying to get this contribution to work on my ms1 store. Here is my problem. Someone submits a link for consideration. I review the link and then click accept and then submit. Here is the warning I am getting:

call to undefined function: tep_validate_email() in admin/links.php on line 83.

Now I see where someone else was having this problem. I added the validations.php to my admin/includes (I had already done that). I then added the code you told that person to add in admin/includes/application_top.php. Now here are the warnings I am getting.

Warning: file(includes/tld.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/admin/includes/functions/validations.php on line 85

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/admin/includes/functions/validations.php on line 86

Warning: eregi(): REG_EMPTY in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/admin/includes/functions/validations.php on line 97

Therefore, I took out the code that I had added to admin/includes/application.php (I much prefer one warning to three lol). Any suggestions on what to do about the call to undefined function: tep_validate_email() in admin/links.php on line 83 warning? Thanks VJ. I hope to get this up and running soon.

I'd like to add that I changed the language id of the query that fetches the link lists (in catalog/links.php) to =1 so that I get the english list on both languages. A temporary solution at best while I am trying to find a better fix.

I also noticed that the table links_status only has three rows all of which have language id =1 which means they won't show in the Finnish version of administration (or the add link in the catalogue I think.) Could this be the reason why adding links won't work on the Finnish side? And would it be fixed by adding double link_status options with language id=4 (which the id number for Finnish on my database?)

Anyone?

Hello Juha,

I got the same probs with a multi language shop.

It seems to work, if you erase all language_id chars in the "db_queries" according to the links. For e.g. catalog/links.php:

arround line 183 it looks like this:

// show the links in a given category

// We show them all

// $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " l.links_id from " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld, " . TABLE_LINKS . " l, " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and l2lc.link_categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " l.links_id from " . TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION . " ld, " . TABLE_LINKS . " l, " . TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES . " l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and l2lc.link_categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

now you'll see all the different language links, according to the categories.

Follow the same sheme while changing your admin files. I also add some new language_id fields in the DB table link_status. So the link status will be shown in the pulldown menu of your admin script.

:huh:

volker

watch out here: http://test1.teclights.com/catalog/links.php

shit happens

• 2 weeks later...

If you add the three status fields in the new language_id fields in the DB table link_status for every language available on your site, you can see and adjust every category or link per language if you change the language of the admin panel.

This is not the most 'clean solution' but it does allow submitting links in every language

• 2 weeks later...

I am asking this question again...Is there any way to add more text to links.php. It would be great if we could add our linking info on that page or (an additional page) and ask a potential link partner to add our link to their site before submitting their site. This could automate the whole process and we wouldnt have to manually enter any info.

Thanks

I am asking this question again...Is there any way to add more text to links.php. It would be great if we could add our linking info on that page or (an additional page) and ask a potential link partner to add our link to their site before submitting their site. This could automate the whole process and we wouldnt have to manually enter any info.

Thanks

Hello dump,

there is a way to display more text info. Use the language files and add e.g. something like this: define('TEXT_LINK_INFO, ' ... blablablablablas ... here you can use full HTML functionality! ... ');

Now you just have to place <?php echo TEXT_LINK_INFO; ?> in your links.php or links_submit.php.

B) Good luck

shit happens

• 2 weeks later...

i get this error when i hit the check link btn in the admin.

Warning: file(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/fine/public_html/oscm2/admin/links.php on line 588

Warning: file(http://sadfsdffsf.com): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fine/public_html/oscm2/admin/links.php on line 588

any ideas?

J.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanx for a great contribution, I have this installed on a site i have just done, and it works great, I tweaked it quite a bit so it was just a text link site, with no pictures and the recipricol link is optional now instead of mandatory. If anyone is interested I can post the files.

Again thanx for a great contribution.

• 1 month later...

Is there a setting to prevent the category image on the link.php page and the image url box on links_submit.php from being displayed? I have Display Link Image set to 0 in admin but that doesn't seem to have an effect on anything. I can edit the code to prevent these from being shown but thought I should ask before I start digging myself a hole.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm having problems with Links Manager. Several sites have submitted link request, and when I approve them and try to do a link check, I get the error "Link Check Results: Not Found" and the links do not display.

Also, the "Submit Link" button images do not appear on each link category page.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Its taken me a while to track down this thread and I guess It's a longshot that you will reply to this.

I have installed the contrib and it's works brilliantly with one exception.

For some reason when you click on any of the links they don't pick up the correct url from the database for example:

I have one link listed at present for testing purposes.

when clicking on it the url given is:

http://lovetrix.co.uk/shop/redirect.php/action/links/goto/

it should read:

http://lovetrix.co.uk/shop/redirect.php/action/links/goto/1

Do you have any idea why it is no adding the link id at the end.....

I have unistalled and re-installed this contrib several times with the same result...

Heres hoping for an answer cause it's one of the best contribs I have seen so far.

Paul.

Hello VJ

Thanks for a brilliant contribution. Everything seems to be working OK except for one little thing. <_<

When I upload a banner of say 468 x 60 it will not display the size properly and keeps it very small (jpg or gif). I have uploaded various other size images eg. 115 x 45 and they display exactly. I have Mopics contrib installed - could this be a conflict somewhere? Under Admin > Config > Links > It makes no diff what sizes are in here, the banners are still displayed small.

Under Admin > Images > It makes no diff what sizes are in here as well.

I am testing on a test shop on local machine.

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2