• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Links Manager for osC v1.00

VJ

Thanks so much. Now the problem I have is that when you click on add link, it says please fill out the following form to submit your website, but there is no form. Any suggestions?

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on lol. I am actually getting an error on the links page when I click add link. It was in white and my background is white so I didn't notice it at first. Here is the error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/links_submit.php on line 227

How can I fix this? Thanks.

Hold on lol. I am actually getting an error on the links page when I click add link. It was in white and my background is white so I didn't notice it at first. Here is the error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/links_submit.php on line 227

How can I fix this? Thanks.

Oops! :o

You probably use a pre-MS2 osC version. This script is developed for MS2, but there's no reason why you can't get it working in MS1 (with a few alterations). You can find hints in previous threads (in this post) from folks who've managed to get it done. Good luck :).

VJ

Thanks so much for all of your help. I have downloaded a copy of ms2 onto my hard drive and have taken the upload.php file along with the function files that were not in my ms1 and uploaded them. I have searched through everything I can think of and still have this error,

Would you be able to tell me what it is on line 227 that I need that I obviously don't have? I have stared at it all afternoon and searched through the files in ms2 but can't for the life of me see what I have missed. I believe it must be a file from ms2 that I need to upload. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks again.

Would you be able to tell me what it is on line 227 that I need that I obviously don't have? I have stared at it all afternoon and searched through the files in ms2 but can't for the life of me see what I have missed. I believe it must be a file from ms2 that I need to upload. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks again.

In my links_submit.php, line 227 reads,

if ($messageStack->size('submit_link') > 0) {

You most likely have to copy the messageStack class (/catalog/includes/classes/message_stack.php) from MS2, and create an instance in /catalog/includes/application_top.php.

HTH,

VJ

VJ you are a lifesaver. I have never created an instance before and am afraid I haven't done it right this time because my site is messed up. I uploaded the ms2 class message_stack and have tried to add it in application_top.php using the other instances as a guide but I obviously haven't done it correctly. Here is what I put

//include message stack class and create an instance

require(DIR_WS_Classes . 'message_stack.php');

$message_stack = new messages();

Now I am quite sure that my error is in the instance part of this. I put = new message but I really have no clue as to determine exactly what wording needs to go here. I have been changing the wording to see if I can get it to work, but so far, no luck. Any help would be great.

Thanks again for this wonderful contribution. It is exactly what I have been needing. Between all of the help given by the wonderful knowledgable people in this forum and all of the documentation I have read and continue reading, I know 100% more about all of this than I did one month ago and I continue to learn.

//include message stack class and create an instance

require(DIR_WS_Classes . 'message_stack.php');

$message_stack = new messages();

Now I am quite sure that my error is in the instance part of this. I put = new message but I really have no clue as to determine exactly what wording needs to go here. I have been changing the wording to see if I can get it to work, but so far, no luck. Any help would be great.

Good.

This should do the trick,

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'message_stack.php');
 $messageStack = new messageStack();

where, "messageStack" is the name of the class (in message_stack.php) and we use "$messageStack" just to be consistent with the variable name in links_submit.php.

VJ

Thanks VJ. I changed that and now on my front page this is what I have:

Fatal error: Class messagestack: Cannot inherit from undefined class tablebox in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/classes/message_stack.php on line 20

Now here is line 20

class messageStack extends tableBox {

Now from this I thought that I must have to define the class tablebox in application_top.php. The thing that puzzles me is that there is no tablebox class. I also looked in ms2 and it also does not contain a tablebox class so I must be on the wrong track. Any suggestions? Thanks again VJ.

You have probably tried to create an instance of messageStack class, before including the /includes/classes/boxes.php file (where tableBox class is defined), in your application_top.php.

Try moving the lines you'd added, AFTER the following line, in application_top.php:

// infobox
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'boxes.php');

HTH,

VJ

I have just installed the Links Mgr for OSC on top of SEC (CC & GV( OSC 2.2. Everything is fine except in the Admin Panel, when I select Links Manager -> Link Categories or Links Contact I get the message "Access Denied No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request more access or if you found any problem."

I am running this on a test server. The permissions on the files are correct.

I installed this on another snapshot without a problem but SEC is not allowing this.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks again VJ. You were right about that piece of code being in the wrong place. Everything is almost working great now expect I am getting runtime errors when I access the page admin/links_categories. When I try to add a category, and my mouse goes over that button, several runtime errors come up which I can't get rid of to add any more categories. It says runtime error on lines 191,196, and 202 - object expected. The page is admin/link_categories.php. I have no idea how to fix this. Hopefully this will be the last fix and I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to help set this up. Any suggestions would be great.

Also V.J. Is there anywhere I can donate money for this contribution. You have been such a help and taken time out of your day to get back to me with all of the fixes I have needed, I would like to give something back. Please let me know.

Alright, I accessed my store via the catalog, clicked on links and this is what I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_output_string() in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/functions/links.php on line 39

Now I see where someone else was having this problem as well but I have taken all of the functions from ms2 that were not in ms1 and copied them to my ms1. I did this for both admin functions and catalog. There is no function called tep_output_string() in either. Perhaps this is why I am getting the many runtime errors when I access the link_categories from admin. Is something in the wrong place again? I have searched and tried moving some things but I end up with worse errors affecting my entire store. My thoughts are that something regarding tep_output_string() has to be added to application_top.php but I have no idea what to add. I also don't know if I have to add something to both admin and catalog. I have searched through application_top.php but can't find any mention of tep_output_string(). If you know what I need to add and where, I would be grateful for the insight. Thanks again V.J. I owe you big time.

Edited by JaaMor

Hi-

I got everything installed, everything looks defined, getting this...

Parse error: parse error in /home/toners/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php on line 60

1146 - Table 'toners_catalog.TABLE_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_CONFIGURATION

If i comment out the defines in database_tables.php, it will load the admin section. However, of course when I got the Links Admin, it fails finding the DB. I do have TABLE_CONFIGURATION since my whole site would be shot. Is this due to my virtual hosting of MYSQL? Where can I change this if needed?

Also, it works on the catalog side since I add a link through the form and updated the status through PHPMyAdmin, however theres no categories yet so its not showing up...

Thanks...

Thanks again VJ. You were right about that piece of code being in the wrong place. Everything is almost working great now expect I am getting runtime errors when I access the page admin/links_categories. When I try to add a category, and my mouse goes over that button, several runtime errors come up which I can't get rid of to add any more categories. It says runtime error on lines 191,196, and 202 - object expected. The page is admin/link_categories.php. I have no idea how to fix this. Hopefully this will be the last fix and I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to help set this up. Any suggestions would be great.

Hmm... not sure what those errors exactly are. Maybe you could copy/paste the lines where they occur, here (if you have a Javascript debugger integrated with your browser).

VJ

P.S. - If you're keen on donating money, please PM/IM/email me. Thank you :).

Alright, I accessed my store via the catalog, clicked on links and this is what I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_output_string() in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/functions/links.php on line 39

You can try copying the following code from your MS2 /catalog/includes/functions/general.php:

////
// Parse the data used in the html tags to ensure the tags will not break
 function tep_parse_input_field_data($data, $parse) {
   return strtr(trim($data), $parse);
 }

function tep_output_string($string, $translate = false, $protected = false) {
   if ($protected == true) {
     return htmlspecialchars($string);
   } else {
     if ($translate == false) {
       return tep_parse_input_field_data($string, array('"' => '"'));
     } else {
       return tep_parse_input_field_data($string, $translate);
     }
   }
 }

HTH,

VJ

I got everything installed, everything looks defined, getting this...

Parse error: parse error in /home/toners/public_html/admin/includes/database_tables.php on line 60

1146 - Table 'toners_catalog.TABLE_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_CONFIGURATION

Appears like you have stray code in your database_tables.php. Double-check the changes you've made to that file.

VJ

Hi VJ. I used the code you supplied above and this is what my front page looked like.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_parse_input_field_data() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:154) in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 15

I am not sure if it mattered where I put the code. I tried a few different spots in catalog/includes/functions/general.php but same thing.

As luck would have it, my debugger won't work on the link_categories page to show you what the problem is. I am really at a loss now.

Hi VJ. I used the code you supplied above and this is what my front page looked like.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_parse_input_field_data() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:154) in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 15

I am not sure if it mattered where I put the code. I tried a few different spots in catalog/includes/functions/general.php but same thing.

As luck would have it, my debugger won't work on the link_categories page to show you what the problem is. I am really at a loss now.

Oops, my mistake. I'd copied the function immediately above, along with tep_output_string, in my code.

Just remove this code from the one I'd posted, and you'll be fine (hopefully!).

function tep_parse_input_field_data($data, $parse) {
  return strtr(trim($data), $parse);
}

VJ

Appears like you have stray code in your database_tables.php. Double-check the changes you've made to that file.

VJ

heres my database_tables.php. Its part of MS2 if that helps...

// define the database table names used in the project
 define('TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK', 'address_book');
 define('TABLE_ADDRESS_FORMAT', 'address_format');
 define('TABLE_BANNERS', 'banners');
 define('TABLE_BANNERS_HISTORY', 'banners_history');
 define('TABLE_CATEGORIES', 'categories');
 define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'categories_description');
 define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');
 define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP', 'configuration_group');
 define('TABLE_COUNTRIES', 'countries');
 define('TABLE_CURRENCIES', 'currencies');
 define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS', 'customers');
 define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET', 'customers_basket');
 define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES', 'customers_basket_attributes');
 define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO', 'customers_info');
 define('TABLE_LANGUAGES', 'languages');
 define('TABLE_MANUFACTURERS', 'manufacturers');
 define('TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO', 'manufacturers_info');
 define('TABLE_NEWSLETTERS', 'newsletters');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS', 'orders');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS', 'orders_products');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'orders_products_attributes');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD', 'orders_products_download');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS', 'orders_status');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY', 'orders_status_history');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL', 'orders_total');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS', 'products');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'products_attributes');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD', 'products_attributes_download');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION', 'products_description');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_NOTIFICATIONS', 'products_notifications');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS', 'products_options');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES', 'products_options_values');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TO_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS', 'products_options_values_to_products_options');
 define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES', 'products_to_categories');
 define('TABLE_REVIEWS', 'reviews');
 define('TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION', 'reviews_description');
 define('TABLE_SESSIONS', 'sessions');
 define('TABLE_SPECIALS', 'specials');
 define('TABLE_TAX_CLASS', 'tax_class');
 define('TABLE_TAX_RATES', 'tax_rates');
 define('TABLE_GEO_ZONES', 'geo_zones');
 define('TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES', 'zones_to_geo_zones');
 define('TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE', 'whos_online');
 define('TABLE_ZONES', 'zones')  

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin
//define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'link_categories');
//define('TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'link_categories_description');
//define('TABLE_LINKS', 'links');
//define('TABLE_LINKS_DESCRIPTION', 'links_description');
//define('TABLE_LINKS_TO_LINK_CATEGORIES', 'links_to_link_categories');
//define('TABLE_LINKS_STATUS', 'links_status');
// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end
?>

This is only in the admin section. I cant leave even one of the Links Manager includes in without getting that error...if they commented out (like above) than I can access 'Links' in the Configuration Box but the 'Links' standalone box will give me 1146 errors for the links databases OC.

Thanks for all your help...

I have just installed the Links Mgr for OSC on top of SEC (CC & GV( OSC 2.2. Everything is fine except in the Admin Panel, when I select Links Manager -> Link Categories or Links Contact I get the message "Access Denied No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request more access or if you found any problem."

I am running this on a test server. The permissions on the files are correct.

I installed this on another snapshot without a problem but SEC is not allowing this.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Tony,

I had the same problem installing on top of Loaded 6. Try walking the directory tree with an FTP program, and checking the file attributes. Some editors leave them unwriteable, and the admin contributions in SEC and LOADED have misspelled Write Permission Access as Right Permission Access.

That fixed that problem for me.

David

Ah V.J. Now we have gotten a little farther. Now when I click on links, the categories are showing perfectly. However, when I click on a category, this is what comes up:

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/modules/link_listing.php on line 20

Now that is a new one. I have never had that particular error before. Any suggestions would be great.

P.S. I will pm you regarding donating. With all of the help you have given me, I think a payment plan is in order lol.

Ah V.J. Now we have gotten a little farther. Now when I click on links, the categories are showing perfectly. However, when I click on a category, this is what comes up:

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jaamor.com/catalog/includes/modules/link_listing.php on line 20

Huh, here comes the tricky bit...

1. Copy /catalog/includes/spider.txt (if you haven't done so, earlier), and /catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php (rename it to split_page_results_new.php, before copying) from MS2.

2. In split_page_results_new.php, rename all instances of "splitPageResults" to "splitPageResultsNew" (you should find 2).

3. In /includes/modules/link_listing.php:

replace,

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'l.links_id');

with,

// split-page-results
require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'split_page_results_new.php');

$listing_split = new splitPageResultsNew($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'l.links_id');

That should do it. Happy New Year! :)

I remember going through this routine a couple of times, before. I'd appreciate if you could compile all the changes you'd needed to make (to get this working in MS1), and post it.

VJ

Hello...I just installed the contribution. admin side is working great but i cant access the catalog anymore...get following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in /home/ativasat/public_html/index.php on line 13

i have ms2 with bts mod.

thank you in anticipation

Edited by dumb_question