• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Type Feature

kittidid

I completely installed the "Option Type Feature" mod. After that I completed adding the "Big Image" mod. All worked very well.

I then added the "Attribute Sorter and Copier 5.0" mod. This one is installed completely and working well.

During the installation of "Attribute Sorter & Copier" mod, I tried to enter the information from it's product_info.php page into my products_info.php page. It was hard to do, considering the other mods I already installed changed things in the page.

After trying and trying I decided to copy over my products_info.php page with the "Attribute Sorter & Copier" product_info.php page and then add the "Big Image" mod, which I did and it's working fine. Then all I had left was to copy and paste the coding for the "Option Type Feature". I tried and tried to get it to work. I have tried for about 10 hours total. I just cannot get it to work. I keep getting a parse error. It is only a section that is getting me the error.

I would appreciate if someone could help me install these few bits of coding. I have been trying to go live and I cannot until I have the "Option Type Feature" working again. If I can get it to work, I will have to delete the attributes I have and start over. Radio and check boxes that is. A lotz of work. Someone please give me a helping hand.

One parse error is this:

Parse error: parse error in /usrXXX/home/XXXXXXX/public_html/shop/catalog/product_info.php on line 96.

This is 96:

THIS LINE IS 94<?php

95 break;

96 case PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_RADIO:

//CLR 030714 Add logic for radio buttons

//CLR 030714 Add logic for checkboxes

$products_attribs_query = tep_db_query("select distinct patrib.options_values_id, patrib.options_values_price, patrib.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "'");

$products_attribs_array = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attribs_query);

echo '<tr><td class="main">' . $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ': </td><td class="main">';

echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_attribs_array['options_values_id']);

echo $products_options_name['products_options_comment'] ;

if ($products_attribs_array['options_values_price'] != '0') {

echo '(' . $products_attribs_array['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_attribs_array['options_values_price'], $product_info_values['products_tax_class_id']) .') ';

}

echo '</td></tr>';

break;

default:

//clr 030714 default is select list

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Show Category and Image

if (SHOW_CATEGORIES=='1') {

?>

But I am sure if I fix that one, another error will most likely pop up. I don't know to much about php yet to understand what I am doing. I am wanting to find someone that will help me install it. I can send you the file. Could you do it?

Kitti

Edited by kittidid

Hi Kitty

The Option Type Feature, Attribute Sorter and Copier are in SECv2.2 it also has Credit Class and GVv5.05 for MS2 you do'nt have to use all its many features.

Have a look here at Linda's demo site and see the many attributes that you can set up for your self

http://www.webmakers.com/secMS2demo/produc...fda1542f6be048a

Good luck B)

Visited the website demo and WOW! That package is pretty awesome. But can I install it easier. I will give it a try. Do you have the link to the mod package. I only found separate mods.

Thanks Cliff

Kitti

Hi Kitty

This SECv2.2 is truely awesome, and would recommend a clean install as its got all the mods you could want and that would prevent clashes with other mods. SECv2.2 is for MS2 so make sure your going to use the right oscommerce package.

The programming hours gone into this is unimaginable, I would'nt recommend altering it.

Golden rule! back up everything!! and try and do a data only and a full mysql back up

Good luck :)

But Cliff, I already have my products and descriptions done. If I do a new install don't I loose everthing and have to insert the products and info all over again. It's a lot too!

Kitti

Hi Kitty

OK .. have a good browse through this thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57735

This may work... If you are on MS2 oscommerce now, you can use the data only back up in phpMyAdmin .

When you have installed Linda's SECv2 and got it working you can delete all the test products and then load your data only sql files into the respective SECv2 database tables. You should have restored your products and descriptions. phpMyAdmin is a must have.

I know how you feel ... I can't do that all again.. but you will have a much better foundation even if you have to reload your products etc and do it all again manually.... and its amazing how quick you can do it a second time. looks worse than it is!

Weigh that against bashing your head against the keyboard in trying to do the mods seperately yourself, then finding you've got bugs galore!!

Linda has given her genius here in SECv2 .. so I would use it and remember to back up, so you can try the quick way round... if you fail you've got a version to go back to.