• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal doesn't generate an order

diggermagoo

I have tried eaxh and everyone of these options with negative results. Would someone mind helping me through this situation with Payapl Not showing results of orders purchased.

Thank You In Advance, For Your Assistance

From A Newbie Point Of View...

Happiness is Getting OSC Operating to it's fullest potential and

with the help of Contributors and Forum Moderators, we can all do it. Support the cause. Donate to osCommerce.

baesic2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found the Auto-Return on PayPal and I set it up to go to http://www.mysitename.com/catalog/checkout_success.php, however it doesn't work, at all.  Paypal just sits on the final page asking the user if they want to save their info or go back to the merchant.

At least that's what happens when the person checkouts out as a non-paypal customer. 

Does that affect it?  Does it only work if they have a paypal account?

Thanks!

-- Josh

I tested it a few more times and it does indeed redirect when a person checks out using their paypal account, but if they checkout w/o an account, and just enter their cc info, it does not redirect :(

I tested it a few more times and it does indeed redirect when a person checks out using their paypal account, but if they checkout w/o an account, and just enter their cc info, it does not redirect :(

I am just having a heck of a time trying to get orders to include the item pruchased in the paypal account. and perhaps padd the invoice information to paypal.

Question is the paypal module that comes stock is that PayPal IPN? I have try many contribs on this installation but none of them seem to work at all.

with the help of Contributors and Forum Moderators, we can all do it. Support the cause. Donate to osCommerce.

baesic2

The PayPal feature that comes with osCommerce 2.2. is NOT the IPN feature. If you are using this then if the customer does not return from PayPal to your site then the order will not be created. It stays in the shopping cart. If they are using purcase without account, I think the order is lost from the shopping cart. So bottom line that feature only works if 1) you don't use PWA and 2) you put a notice on the payment screen to tell them to return to the site.

PayPal IPN is supposed to prevent this. WIth this one you still switch to the PayPal site.

The new one PayPal Pro apparently keeps it all on your site. This is whay I am posting here _ I was looking around at how stable that version is.

The PayPal feature that comes with osCommerce 2.2. is NOT the IPN feature. If you are using this then if the customer does not return from PayPal to your site then the order will not be created.  It stays in the shopping cart.  If they are using purcase without account, I think the order is lost from the shopping cart.  So bottom line that feature only works if 1) you don't use PWA and 2) you put a notice on the payment screen to tell them to return to the site.

PayPal IPN is supposed to prevent this. WIth this one you still switch to the PayPal site.

The new one PayPal Pro apparently keeps it all on your site. This is whay I am posting here _ I was looking around at how stable that version is.

if you find a good PayPal Pro Contri can you send me the link to it please I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in Advance

Baesic2

baesic2

• 4 weeks later...
if you find a good PayPal Pro Contri can you send me the link to it please I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in Advance

Baesic2

I am also have a problem with the regular and ipn paypal system. Is there a better solution somewhere. I also started a new topic http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164666

The redirect is not working at all for either of these solutions. Do I need to alter the checkout_success.php file?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having similar problems to some of the others here. I have added the replacement code recommended by chfields.

However when you complete the payment @ Paypal it returns you to OSC as being signed out. If you sign back in you find yourself @ the same point in the shopping cart. A Paypal receipt is issues but no order emails are sent and the order does not appear in the Admin section..

Any suggestions? :'(

Winch67

I am also have a problem with the regular and ipn paypal system. Is there a better solution somewhere. I also started a new topic http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164666

The redirect is not working at all for either of these solutions. Do I need to alter the checkout_success.php file?

Well regular and IPN system can you specify what problem you are facing.

Alss for other purpose you can PM me.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi

A friend of mine added this coding to his paypal.php file, as him too didn't get the order details, but he is getting everything (order and money).  However, I have tested it as the buyer, and once on paypal I am asked to click "continue " (just after I get confirmation the payment has been successful),  I get the following error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by

(output started at

/home/mvtqkof/public_html/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php:119) in

/home/mvtqkof/public_html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 28

I am not sure what to do to sort the problem (the website is www.specialfxskins.co.uk if you need to know ).

Your help would be much appreciated

thanks

Louis1st

Some echo or print statement on line 119 of paypal.php

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

The correct address is checkout_process.php. Although checkout_success will work on some systems it does not work on all.

Whenever someone goes to Pay Pal their e-mail address is supplied by osCommerce and they are then asked by Pay Pal to choose a Password. This in fact sets them up with an account. If anyone disbelieves this try making a payment to Pay Pal with an e-mail address you previous used - you'll be asked for the password and if you can't remember it you have to use a different e-mail address to get through. It's not a fully-fledged, full active, Pay Pal account, but it's an account all the same.

Vger

I found the Auto-Return on PayPal and I set it up to go to http://www.mysitename.com/catalog/checkout_success.php, however it doesn't work, at all.  Paypal just sits on the final page asking the user if they want to save their info or go back to the merchant.

At least that's what happens when the person checkouts out as a non-paypal customer. 

Does that affect it?  Does it only work if they have a paypal account?

Thanks!

-- Josh

This is very frustrating.

People keep alluding to the "new" Paypal Website Payments Pro module, yet I see no mention of WPP in any of the Contributions.

Which module is it?

Where is it?

And How do I get it ?

Please someone tell us, I have seen at least 6 other posts from people asking the same question. I'll be more than happy to reply to all of them.

Whenever I recieve a "Headers cannot be modified" error, I find the cause usually is a carriage return or space at the end of the of one of the two files. It will look like this:

68 function($string);

70 ?>

Delete the last line, and it should work.

ie.:

68 function($string);

70 ?>

Some echo or print statement on line 119 of paypal.php

Satish Mantri

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Using this method of getting the order to pass on to Paypal, Can you change the number of items that display in the receipt of payment notification. I get a lot of people ordering several items and it seems to cut off at 6.

• 1 month later...

this topic is old but people still getting the same problems again and again! including me...Basically, payal show payment gone thru but order does not show up in admin! is there a fix for this problem at all?

plus, with regard to auto return function in payal --> what if you have 2 carts running on your website (one for wholesale and the other for retail)! which url should you set to have your customer return to the correct cart....

urrrrr...it getting messy now

When a customer buys a product, he can pay with PayPal, and it all seems to work just fine and I get a payment notification from PayPal, but it does not generate anything in my "Orders" page in Admin so I have no way of knowing what they ordered, only the amount of the order (from the PayPal notification)

To force Paypal to return the customers to your website to complete the transaction/order, please do the following:

Turning On Auto Return

Auto Return is turned off by default.

To turn on Auto Return:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com.

The My Account Overview page appears.

2. Click the Profile subtab.

The Profile Summary page appears.

3. Under the Selling Preferences column, click the Website Payment Preferences link.

The Website Payment Preferences page appears.

4. Under Auto Return for Website Payments, click the On radio button to enable Auto

Return.

5. In the Return URL field, enter the URL to which you want your payers redirected after

they complete their payments.

NOTE: If the Return URL you enter is invalid, PayPal displays the standard payment

confirmation page after people complete their payments.

6. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Save button.

For the url, I put http://www.mystore/catalog/checkout_success.php

This works, however...here is the rub.

If (and this is rare), the customer does not have or want an account with PayPal, they won't get redirected to your website automatically. Instead, there is a link there on the PayPal payment confirmation page that, if they clicked on, takes you to it.

New information:

I spoke to the folks at PayPal, asking if there was a way for them to let me edit the html on the confirmation page so that it could tell customers, "You need to click on the link and return to the website to complete this order, or your order will not be shipped."

They said, "If we did that with the code, it would show up that way for everyone who uses the PayPal in that manner for their stores. We are working on a solution...we are aware of the issue with OsCommerce."

One idea I do have to let them know is to use the field we are allowed to fill for the LOGO or PAGE HEADER (which can be edited by clicking on profile and then the link called Custom Payment Pages and putting the url for the image you want to be used there. I am making an image that has the message on it to the right of the logo, clearly stating that they must return to the website by clicking on the link when payment is confirmed. I will let you know how that goes.

I used the code above to put the info for the products into the order on PayPal to be shown, but it only puts them all in the same line and limits how many products can be listed this way. Anyone have a solution to that? What are we doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

When a customer buys a product, he can pay with PayPal, and it all seems to work just fine and I get a payment notification from PayPal, but it does not generate anything in my "Orders" page in Admin so I have no way of knowing what they ordered, only the amount of the order (from the PayPal notification)

To force Paypal to return the customers to your website to complete the transaction/order, please do the following:

Turning On Auto Return

To turn on Auto Return:

3. Under the Selling Preferences column, click the Website Payment Preferences link.

4. Under Auto Return for Website Payments, click the On radio button to enable Auto

Return.

5. In the Return URL field, enter the URL to which you want your payers redirected after

NOTE: If the Return URL you enter is invalid, PayPal displays the standard payment

If (and this is rare), the customer does not have or want an account with PayPal, they won't get redirected to your website automatically. Instead, there is a link there on the PayPal payment confirmation page that, if they clicked on, takes you to it.

New information:

I spoke to the folks at PayPal, asking if there was a way for them to let me edit the html on the confirmation page so that it could tell customers, "You need to click on the link and return to the website to complete this order, or your order will not be shipped."

They said, "If we did that with the code, it would show up that way for everyone who uses the PayPal in that manner for their stores. We are working on a solution...we are aware of the issue with OsCommerce."

One idea I do have to let them know is to use the field we are allowed to fill for the LOGO or PAGE HEADER (which can be edited by clicking on profile and then the link called Custom Payment Pages and putting the url for the image you want to be used there. I am making an image that has the message on it to the right of the logo, clearly stating that they must return to the website by clicking on the link when payment is confirmed. I will let you know how that goes.

I used the code above to put the info for the products into the order on PayPal to be shown, but it only puts them all in the same line and limits how many products can be listed this way. Anyone have a solution to that? What are we doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Turning On Auto Return

To turn on Auto Return:

Return.

New information:

Thank you in advance.

Turning On Auto Return

To turn on Auto Return:

Return.

New information:

Thank you in advance.

Hi 12steps,

Have you managed to make an image explaining to your customers they have to return to your site and confirm that order? This is a really good idea, what page are you inserting this image and where abouts are you placing the code?

Thanks!

Archived