• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal doesn't generate an order

diggermagoo

Hi 12steps,

Have you managed to make an image explaining to your customers they have to return to your site and confirm that order? This is a really good idea, what page are you inserting this image and where abouts are you placing the code?

Thanks!

Yes. It works really well.

Step one: Make a banner that you want to be as a header for all the pages in PayPal checkout procedure. It must a maximum size of 750 pixels wide by 90 pixels high. I used my logo on the left and a message on the right.

Step two: Put that image in your images folder. In my case, it was the catalog/images folder. They recommend "providing an image only if it is stored on a secure (https) server."

Step three: Log into PayPal and click on Profile and then Edit Custom Page Style. Put the url in the box for Header Image URL. Click preview and if it looks good, click Back and then click Save.

My URL was: https://www.mystore/catalog/images/12steppaypallogo.gif

You are done! Go through your website in a mock order and checkout with Paypal to test.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. I've read this entire topic, which started in 2003 and is still being added to as of yesterday.

I just opened my store this week, and my first customer placed an order, paid for it with paypal (as unregistered), I got an email from PayPal saying payment was received, but there was no order in my Admin list of orders.

I found this thread, which says "just do this to fix the problem", followed by 4 years and 75 postings saying alternately:

- this works great

- this doesn't work at all

- this doesn't work in all cases

- do this

- do that

Arghhhhh >_<

Here's a completely different idea.:

I know that my customer bought something, and has paid me. After all, I got an email from PayPal and I can see the payment in my account.

Is there any way that I can go into Admin, see my customers shopping cart and force the order into Ordered?

Well with IPN in place and auto return set to on.

There should not be an issue to wory.

To add to assurance YOu can add order holding contribution.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Yes. It works really well.

Step one: Make a banner that you want to be as a header for all the pages in PayPal checkout procedure. It must a maximum size of 750 pixels wide by 90 pixels high. I used my logo on the left and a message on the right.

Step two: Put that image in your images folder. In my case, it was the catalog/images folder. They recommend "providing an image only if it is stored on a secure (https) server."

Step three: Log into PayPal and click on Profile and then Edit Custom Page Style. Put the url in the box for Header Image URL. Click preview and if it looks good, click Back and then click Save.

My URL was: https://www.mystore/catalog/images/12steppaypallogo.gif

You are done! Go through your website in a mock order and checkout with Paypal to test.

Hello again,

Thanks for that! Just set mine up and looks great!

One question: If I make this page a primary style, will my normal customers from eBay view this page after paying? Its just I don't want this to happen because they don't need to revert back to my site as they are purchasing via eBay and not my website.

If you make this your Primary page style, it will be applied to all of your payment pages unless otherwise specified for a particular button or link.

Hello again,

Thanks for that! Just set mine up and looks great!

One question: If I make this page a primary style, will my normal customers from eBay view this page after paying? Its just I don't want this to happen because they don't need to revert back to my site as they are purchasing via eBay and not my website.

I don't know. But, I would put that in the header. Something that lets Ebay buyers know that doesn't apply to them. I am not doing Ebay with this yet.

Well with IPN in place and auto return set to on.

There should not be an issue to wory.

To add to assurance YOu can add order holding contribution.

Satish

Thanks! I am looking at that right now. The contribution is called Held Orders v1b and the link is:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1153

This is "a mod to allow the logging of all orders before the checkout proceeds to third party payment processors. There is a full admin module to allow the tracking and updating of these orders as per normal."

Has anyone had any bad experience with implementing this?

Here's a completely different idea.:

I know that my customer bought something, and has paid me. After all, I got an email from PayPal and I can see the payment in my account.

Is there any way that I can go into Admin, see my customers shopping cart and force the order into Ordered?

At first when I had this problem, I used the Master Password contribution.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2180

It allows you to log in to the customer's account. Then you can go to their shopping cart and place the order properly, using check/money order. That way you get to see the items, and you get the order formally placed in your Pending department.

Note: I turned off the customer e-mail notification for orders when I started doing this, so that they wouldn't get the automatic e-mail saying that they had agreed to send me a check.

I hope this helps. I personally don't think it's the best way, but it worked for me for a time and I hope it will work for you. :lol:

Is there a difinitive fix for Order recieved in paypal but no order in Admin / orders?

1 st I installed osc in 4/06 and that version is still in use ( i have not added any, not one modual), All pay pal orders have been no problem, I have gotten "order email" and order in admin / orders. until 3/20/08. I got paypal notification but no order in admin / orders?

ok checked what Mikem said on 3/2/08 and that was set up b 4 (hopefululy by me I dont remember),

What does IPN in place mean?

I have read pretty much all of this thread, (usually I get advice on this forum) and I do NOTHING as I am concerned that I will make matters worse and mess my catalog and it works so why take a chance.

Anyway, Is there a difinitive fix for Order recieved in paypal but no order in Admin / orders? (one that even I would do?)

Thanks

John

I have also been going nuts trying to figure this out, and alternating between Paypal, and Paypal IPN. I have a post with the IPN where the module works except one of the product attributes, a open text field returns 'TEXT' instead of the info a customer enters. Can anyone help with correcting the IPN to return the info a customer answers?

Here is the IPN thread?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1222497

Also I have set the autoreturn in Paypal to

http://mysite.com/osCommerce/includes/lang...out_process.php

Is there a difference between the above and below pages?

http://mysite.com/osCommerce/checkout_process.php

• 2 weeks later...
Go for Paypal IPN its a 100% solution.

I'm sorry, but I cannot agree.

IPN does notify about payment, but the autoreturn does not work when customer are not already registeredwith payPal.

payPal is not professional enough, to return your customers, they want to promot it's own business, even I actually PAY them percentage by using them-

UNPROFESSIONAL.

- So , we still need some solution that actually reduces stock and sends out order-confirmation when customers are not returned.

see:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=297970

I'm sorry, but I cannot agree.

IPN does notify about payment, but the autoreturn does not work when customer are not already registeredwith payPal.

payPal is not professional enough, to return your customers, they want to promot it's own business, even I actually PAY them percentage by using them-

My IPN works for both PayPal members and none PayPal members!

Just in case someone doesn't click continue to get back to your site

here is a mod to include into your PayPal module to you can see what the customer ordered on your PayPal payment notification (just in case they don't return to your site to complete the process and generate an invoice) -

look for

function process_button() {

and then copy and paste and replace that section of code with the code above

I did that -thank you! - and it worked a treat except some of my client's product names are quite long and so it was cutting them off... anyway to dictate how many characters the paypal email shows/make it show all of it?

Thanks! Lisa x

Yes, that fixed it! Use PayPal IPN instead of just the normal PayPal in payment modules, and it works! Before the customer even leaves your site to go to Paypal, OSCommerce saves the info and uses the Order Status of "Preparing [PayPal IPN]" and saves the order. When the customer returns (after paying), the Order Status goes to Pending (or whatever you choose as default).

I am using OSCommerce 2.2 RC1

Don

www.decalsonly.com

Yes, that fixed it! Use PayPal IPN instead of just the normal PayPal in payment modules, and it works! Before the customer even leaves your site to go to Paypal, OSCommerce saves the info and uses the Order Status of "Preparing [PayPal IPN]" and saves the order. When the customer returns (after paying), the Order Status goes to Pending (or whatever you choose as default).

I am using OSCommerce 2.2 RC1

Don

www.decalsonly.com

Hi decals only

may I ask what URL did you ue in your store?

Hi decals only

may I ask what URL did you ue in your store?

Can anyone advise what URL needs to be specified in IPN (instannt payment notification) to solve the problem of the orders not being recorded in the OS commerce admin section. Please give an anser, thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

Neither of those are "fixes" to the problem-- the orders still didn't show up in the admin area Orders. The problem was the ot.class crud in the orders.php file. Remove that and it works. Buggy programming.

This fix corrected the issue for me and the orders do show up in the admin orders. I know diddly about php, but replacing the code as shown above finalized the order for me, which did not happen with the original code. Thank you author, whomever you may be.

Next problem...how to link the download file for which they have already paid. It is in the download folder, but nothing happens to send them to the file....any ideas anyone?

Thanks for the tip!

Hello,

Im trying to add this to my paypal module, but I do not have a paypal.php. I have:

Paypaldirect, paypalexpress, Paypal Standard, Paypal UK Direct and Paypal UK Express.

Suggestions? I do not accept PP for UK so I am not sure if I need all of those modules.

N

I am currently using Paypal Payments Pro but have been unsuccessful in processing payments through the paypal site (credit card payments on my site seem to work just fine). I have slected the option to receive notification of payment problems and regulary get the following e-mail...

In function: ec_step1()

setexpresscheckoutresponsetype Object

(

[Token] =>

[_elements] => Array

(

[Timestamp] => Array

(

[required] =>

[type] => dateTime

[namespace] => urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents

[charset] => iso-8859-1

)

[Ack] => Array

(

[required] => 1

[type] => AckCodeType

[charset] => iso-8859-1

)

[CorrelationID] => Array

(

[required] =>

[type] => string

[charset] => iso-8859-1

)

[Errors] => Array

(

[required] =>

[type] => ErrorType

[charset] => iso-8859-1

)

[Version] => Array

(

[required] => 1

[type] => string

[charset] => iso-8859-1

)

[build] => Array

(

[required] => 1

[type] => string

[charset] => iso-8859-1

)

[Token] => Array

(

[required] => 1

[type] => ExpressCheckoutTokenType

[namespace] => urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI

)

)

[_attributes] => Array

(

)

[_attributeValues] => Array

(

)

[_namespace] => urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI

[Timestamp] => 2008-04-27T16:35:42Z

[Ack] => Failure

[CorrelationID] => cd64efa6eb094

[Errors] => errortype Object

(

[_elements] => Array

(

[shortMessage] => Array

(

[required] => 1

[type] => string

)

[LongMessage] => Array

(

[required] =>

[type] => string

)

[ErrorCode] => Array

(

[required] => 1

[type] => token

)

[severityCode] => Array

(

[required] => 1

[type] => SeverityCodeType

)

[ErrorParameters] => Array

(

[required] =>

[type] => ErrorParameterType

)

)

[_attributes] => Array

(

)

[_attributeValues] => Array

(

)

[_namespace] => urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents

[shortMessage] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

[LongMessage] =!

After several attempts to resolve this issue with paypal, they seem convinces this is caused by a customers attempt to purchase an item with a $0 amount. Considering I dont have any products that match this criteria (and the fact that I have not had a single successful transaction---come on, I'm sure someone wants something thats not free) I am unclear where to go from here. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

My site is www.allstarjerseyco.com. For the time being I have removed Paypal Payments Pro (I know its not currently an option but I am tired of frusterating my customers). Please HELP!

• 1 month later...

check if customer is changing a currency and the currency conversion might result in 0 cost if the conversion cost is not defines.

Also enable debug or in some way trap what gets posted as a request to Paypal so that it throws more light as to whats going wrong.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived