• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Processing the paypalipn.sql file.

trailex

Pablo you are the man, one q for this diesel mechanic / web page wacker and wannabe oscommerce trouble shooter. In your install instructions it says to:

"Process the paypalipn.sql file. A good and secure way to process that file is using

phpMyAdmin (http://www.phpmyadmin.net). You can also process it with the mysql console."

I use mysql to do alot of things, but I am not sure about what to do here. I am pretty new to this stuff, having beat my head around abit for the last couple of months, getting everything configured and today realized I am not getting the information from my customers orders, on what they ordered, low and behold Pablo came up with a solution I just need a small point in the right direction to get this thing off the ground. How? were? do I start in getting this data were it needs to be for this module to operate :blink:

I love posting to myself, new issue all is set up but won't work tried the full url to the paypal_notify.php error page pops up. I may have configured wrong although I followed the instructions to the letter, any advice?

Trailex, could you help me out here since you've figured out that vague install file? How exactly do I "process the sql" file in phpMyAdmin? What is the URL I should put in for the IPN stuff in my PayPal account? Thanks if you can help.

In my sql I clicked onthe data base name and went down to the browse portion located the file and clicked go that uploaded the table and voilla although I am having more troubles can't get the IPN to work at all havn't figured it out yet.

Hope you get it going let me know!

Trailex aka Doug :rolleyes:

In my sql I clicked onthe data base name and went down to the browse portion located the file and clicked go that uploaded the table and voilla although I am having more troubles can't get the IPN to work at all havn't figured it out yet.

Roger that. I'll give it a try and try to tame this beast! lol :ph34r:

OK, I installed it and it's working--sort of. Made up a test item worth 1 penny, created an account at my website then bought the item. The payment selection is called PayPal IPN. Selected that as payment method. This took me straight to PayPal with all the information prefilled. All I had to do was sign up for a PayPal account and pay for the order. I then received an email from PayPal stating that I had paid 1 penny to the store, and 1 email to me (as the store owner).

Problems:

1.) In each email, the item name was the name of my store. lol. The item quantity was listed correctly, but the item number was not: it did not read the correct model number.

2.) In admin, under Orders, there is NOTHING. In PayPal IPN transactions, there is NOTHING. lol. And, if I search through the database-->orders_products-->browse, I see the items ordered and that a certain customer made orders, but there is NO WAY to tell which customer ordered what. None of the important details are transmitted to the emails either (other than name, address, and transaction id). Sigh... Guess I'm going to have to do some more tinkering? :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...