• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Business Post Shipping Module

matbennett

Hi All,

I've just completed a module for the UK based courier Business Post (http://www.businesspost.com/).

It's probably a bit too customer-specific for contribution at the moment, but provides a reasonable starting point for anyone who uses this courier. If others are interested in using it I'd be happy to try and tidy it up a bit for general release. Just reply to let me know.

I've uploaded it as a zip file. Should probably put this up as a flaky contribution, but this will do for now: http://www.brit-net.com/offsite/osc/

In the back of my mind, I am sure that the zoning is not perfect (I was being given bits of the list at a time, so it is pretty messy), but I have not seen a wrong calculation of zone yet.

Hope that it is of at least some help. Let me know if you improve it at all.

Mat

Sorry for the slow reply. Must have accidentally unsubscribed to this topic.

re the "me toos". Just help yourself from the link above.

Installation:

There are only two files, so it is pretty easy. They should unzip to roughly the right locations, but if not then one goes in includes/languages/english/modules/shipping and the other in includes/modules/shipping (or there abouts)

Once they are uploaded just go to shipping administration, look for the module "Business Post", click it then click install.

Once it is installed you can edit the rates for each of the UK business post zones. The rate entered is multiplied by the number of items.

Hopefully that makes sense.

From what I remember from my recent dicussions with Business Post, cost is based mostly on weight of shipment eg. 500 gm or 1kg etc. rather than fixed cost or cost per item. I'll try this out as this could be the solution for my heavier parcels.

The module was really designed to meet the needs of one client, rather than for wider use. That client had a per item agreement with them, which is why it is designed that way.

Imagine that it would be pretty easy to change it around to be by weight though.

The main job of the module is to determine with UK business post region the customer is in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...