• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Invision Power Board Intergration Into OSC

Its finally here!! with this new mod you will be able to use Invision Power Board in conjunction with OSCommerce.

This is only my first release so may have a few bugs please let me know.

Keep checking back for updates. I have an admin area in development.

For questions and comments please [*EDIT* - post to this thread! - Johnson]

Edited by Johnson

As stated in another thread, this conribution does NOT solve the username/password issue. It does however place the board in an iframe so it can be sommat integrated.

Just thought I'd let you guys know. Still, great work and thanks for the contribution. That's what makes OSC so excellent.

as i said in an earlier thread the i am working on the full intergration as we speak it will take a little more time since i have to rewrite some of the core files to make it work i am working as fast as i can

Hi, the iframe solution is nice, but horizontal and vertical scrollbars are a bit of a pain (especially when threads get long).

Any thoughts on the feasibility of wrapping the Invision Board within the OSC Header and Footers (I am not too interested in the side columns).

This way you could display the forums without scrollbars, yet retain the same look & feel with your site's headers and footers (and perhaps breadcrumbs/navigation tabs, etc).

I briefly tried to to this from the Invision Control Panel (Skins & Templates > HTML Templates > Mange HTML > Global HTML Elements > Board Headers), but it doesn't seem to execute php commands in the code, e.g. to include OSC headers.

Am I missing something???

Any ideas about this approach appreciated ;-)

Edited by RobAnderson

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on the progress of this great mod?

I would really like to use osc 2.2MS2 and Invision 1.1.2 and have Invision share osc's database so the user can login one time.

Since I have ocs and Invision installed it would be great to see the finished full intergration mod.

thanks!!

-thom

Edited by Johnson

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to launch my site on Monday so I'm sure it will become more difficult for me to switch over since my users will have to register for the shopping cart account and for the Invision forum account as well. As time goes by this would probably become very difficult to merge eveyones account into just one.

can I help you beta test it this week?

cheers,

-tom

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:( Me and another person just started a mod like this (with out know there was already one out).

If you want an extra hand with this mod, feel free to PM me, ive played with IPB for alittle while and have made a few mods for it.

Lots of luck with your mod.

What was once an opinion became a fact to be later proven wrong... ~ Me

ive played with IPB for alittle while and have made a few mods for it.

Please upload these to contributions :)

Thankyou,

Matti

osCommerce Team Member

How did you get the width of the invision board to span the entire site?

Being that you have probably installed the file called invision.php, look near the top for

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>

.... erase that entire command. To help you find it, just above it is

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

Do not erase that, but erase the top code box code.

Then look towards the bottom for

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>

.... and erase that entire command. Just above it you will see...

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

What that will do is remove your left/right columns.

Also, look for

<iframe src="./forum/index.php" name="invision" frameborder="0" id="invision"style="possition:absolute; border: 0px; left:0px; top:0px; width:100%; height:1830"></iframe>

I don't remember what the width is set for the standard invision.php, but I have mine set at 100%. Unfortunatly the height can not be a percentage, so it will just take playing with until you get rid of the scroll bar and/or the extra white space at the bottom. For me, 1830 was what it took. Once it's set, you should be good to go though, being that your board height will not change unless you add/delete a category.

Hope that help. :)

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Actually, I created them in Adobe Photo Shop Elements. I created a 1 x 15 gradient bar originally for the header background. Then, to use it again for the buttons, I just readjusted the width to 50 (ish). If you have a imaging program, it's not too hard. If you don't let me know what colors you want or the URL of your site and I'll try my best to make them for you.

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

That was a 1 (high) x 15 (wide). I did that so that it would load faster. I don't think the stylesheet.css was originally designed for images, but it's easy to change....

This

TD.infoBoxHeading {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
 font-weight: bold;
 background: #1B939E;
 color: #ffffff;
}

Needs to be

TD.infoBoxHeading {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
 font-weight: bold;
 background-image: url(catalog/images/headerbg.jpg);
 background-attachment: fixed;
 background-repeat: repeat;
 color: #FFFFFF;
 text-align: center;
}

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Hi

The sound of such a contribution sounds exactly what i would like to have on my store.

I have a couple of questions.

1)

On the Board, do they use the same username and password as the store?

2)

Are you able to set it all up yo do the following.

When someone purchases a particular product, tehy are subscribed automatically to a Topic on the board, and only these purchasers are able to see this topi?

the above is implimenjted ona site i know. Noone seems to know how to accomplish this.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

It appears as though the creator of this contribution is working on integrating the login, but has not released anything as of yet. I too would like an addition such as this.

As for products being integrated, I have not heard mention of that.

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

I have a query regarding this contribution.

A) Will cutomers of the site automatically have a loggong for the forum?

B) If soemone creates a username for the forum, will they automatically have a logging for the site also?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Fancy seeing Misspell and Digital here. I was just looking over this thread and I am wondering whatever became of this integration? i was also wondering about the following?

1. Will this be able to deduct from points?

2. Will the items purchased be recorded as part of the member's profile

3. Can they delete the items, update it, etc?

The reason I asked is because I have long wanted a shopping cart system that I could use for RPg that does not have all the glitter of the current RPGs offered at Invisionize.

I appoligize, I have not given up. I had gotten real busy with my job and just didnt have the time to devote to this project. that is why i had given my source to someone else cause they promised to finish the contribution. why it is not available to download I dont know. they must have taken my source and ran with it. just cant trust anyone these days with open source projects. And yes I did get rid of the iframe. I will try to find it and see what i can do with it.