• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate Pricing Per Customer

insectis

Hey all,

I've been using the Seperate Pricing Per Customer v3.5 contribution for a week or so now and I think it's great! Before I say anything else, I'd like to thank the authors of this contribution!

Anyway, I've spent some time modifying it to my needs and have come to change quite a bit of it. For instance, now there is a Group Editor as a tool, where you can add/rename/delete groups. When editing a customer now, instead of typing a group name into a textbox, you select the group from the groups you've previously added in the Group Editor. The same goes for specials and product pricing.

I also added the ability to choose the default group for cutomers who browse your store without logging in. So, if you would like them to have the Retail price by default, you can select that, but if you want them to default to a different price, you can select that instead. This fixes the problem you had in the previous version that appeared if you deleted the default group by accident and then re-added it.

Anyway, I guess why I'm ranting on about this, is I'm curious if anyone would be interested in this version. I don't want to write an install, if no one is interested in using it. ;)

So, let me know if this sounds like it has some features you would like.

insectis

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm you should speak with Scott (who did the orig Sep. Pricing Per Customer) to see if you want to combine the updates.

I was hopinf on having a new feature implemented and Scott has already shown some intrest on putting it together.

Basically, I would love to see this mod be able to limit the actual range that customers in a certain group see. Not only, would their have their specific pricing bt they would have their own specific product range.

If you (or you and Scott) want to work together on this it would be brilliant!!

I second that fiscus!

I think those features would benefit a lot of people, especially if you dont want your retail customers seeing wholesale prices.

Or your USA customers seeing your UK customers items, the list is endless as to what you could use it for!

I was wanting to use the Discount groups contrib, but this one would be better to use for my needs, and give more versatility.

Cant wait to see it!

cheers

Yeah I know - I really hope it comes through....looks forward to it myself - I'm sure many would love it.

Anyway, guess we are probs better to keep discussion to the offical Seperate Pricer Per Customer thread so it is easy to follow :D

• 5 weeks later...

Waz up insectics?

Hope you remember me... Thanks for taking the time to help me out. If it wasn't for you and scendent I wouldn't have Separate Pricing working.

As I have told you before it would be a great idea to add that to a new contribution. You should also schedule some kind of arrangement with scendent to make things work at its best.

The idea I gave you was to be able to take out the tax if you are a wholesaler... The tax remains to the price even though you are a wholesaler. I don't actually remember if I told you of another thing you could work on, but as I can tell it would be a good idea to add it up for a contribution.

You should take your time, I know you told me that there was a lot of explanation doing this. So I think you should take as much time as possible. Once again, thanks and hope to see the new contribution...

Laters,

Dark