• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi Im really sorry for what is probably my ignorance but after spending the last hour searching for a user manual for STS v4.5.8 I cannot find one anywhere, im really sorry I know it must be some place obvious but where that place might be I have no idea.

I found an earlier version in the download page but have left it for the moment in case the info is outdated and I mess something up.

Thanks and sorry again.

Art,

Hi Im really sorry for what is probably my ignorance but after spending the last hour searching for a user manual for STS v4.5.8 I cannot find one anywhere, im really sorry I know it must be some place obvious but where that place might be I have no idea.

I found an earlier version in the download page but have left it for the moment in case the info is outdated and I mess something up.

Thanks and sorry again.

Art,

Hello Art,

The STS User Manual should be located in the "docs" folder that came with the contribution.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

STS Articles

STS Articles is a simple contribution for OSCommerce and the Simple-Template-System that allows you to add, edit and delete articles that are viewed via an info box. Although this is made for STS it is a standalone contribution that should work (with a little tweaking) without STS. It is also Standalone in the sense that very few if any OSC functions are used. All the [functions/object classes/database access] I needed to make this work have been reworked into this contribution.

Example Views.

The articles can be either sorted by category or by file name and are viewed on screen via an info box as seen below. Articles may associated with several categories and individual pages by file name.

To see the different layouts (by category/file name) please see:

STS Articles

There seems to be a problem with the osc contributions pages, but the details are on my site for the time being.

I would like to here what you all think.

Matthew

STS Articles

STS Articles is a simple contribution for OSCommerce and the Simple-Template-System that allows you to add, edit and delete articles that are viewed via an info box. Although this is made for STS it is a standalone contribution that should work (with a little tweaking) without STS. It is also Standalone in the sense that very few if any OSC functions are used. All the [functions/object classes/database access] I needed to make this work have been reworked into this contribution.

Example Views.

The articles can be either sorted by category or by file name and are viewed on screen via an info box as seen below. Articles may associated with several categories and individual pages by file name.

To see the different layouts (by category/file name) please see:

STS Articles

There seems to be a problem with the osc contributions pages, but the details are on my site for the time being.

I would like to here what you all think.

Matthew

Welcome back Matthew,

I have one request...when the contributions site comes back up, can you upload this to the STSv4 Power Pack site? The Power Pack site has been dedicated for all STS add-ons. Your STS add-on sounds like a great addition.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Since I have been away, and now have STS Articles working I now have the know-how on getting my next (origional) contribution running.

Here is a basic lowdown.

I wanted a very basic supplier admin that listed all products by supplier or individual company. all company details, product details and cost/margin/ etc etc can easily be updated and in bulk.

Order emails would be created automatically and sent only on receit of payment confirmation and your own acknowledgement.

essentially extending the admin categories to include supplier contact details and the rest to act like a directory of companies but it wont look like osc admin for now. Oh an you could keep tabs on your competitors by listing them is a category 'competitiors'. I also have a category for installers etc etc so groupings would be flexable.

Although this is semi-working on my home computer (STS article) will give me the boost to get this contribution ready and working live.

will keep you updated soon...

Matthew John Ritchie

Hi, does anyone know if STS and Header Tag SEO is compartible? I received this error when I enabled STS with Header Tag SEO.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in /home/XXXX/public_html/products/includes/functions/header_tags.php:15) in /home/XXXX/public_html/products/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 40

I have checked through the manuals and instruction txt of STS and header Tag SEO and googled for a solution but to no avail. I love these two contributions, if anyone knows how to make them work together, I am greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Hi, does anyone know if STS and Header Tag SEO is compartible? I received this error when I enabled STS with Header Tag SEO.

I have checked through the manuals and instruction txt of STS and header Tag SEO and googled for a solution but to no avail. I love these two contributions, if anyone knows how to make them work together, I am greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

After some trials and error, managed to skip this but end up getting this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_make_cat_dmlist() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/products/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php:220) in /home/xxxx/public_html/products/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 255

......well.... I can understand if someone tells me it is a dynamenu issues and should hop over to the dynamenu support thread.. but if you happen to read and knows how to fix it, appreciate if you can share...

thanks!!

After some trials and error, managed to skip this but end up getting this error

......well.... I can understand if someone tells me it is a dynamenu issues and should hop over to the dynamenu support thread.. but if you happen to read and knows how to fix it, appreciate if you can share...

thanks!!

Ignore my previous post. Phew... finally managed to figure it out!

Yes, STS and HTC SEO work very well together. Keep in mind, you need to follow the installation path for STS users.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have RC1 working fine with Ultimate SEO and STS 4.5.2 on the old host. But when I moved to network solutions STS templates for index.php_XX.html don't work... Also product_info.php.html template doesn't work. It only keep picking up sts_template.html file!

Did anyone experience anything similar? Any quick fix? Thanks.

Edited by Dr_DK

I have RC1 working fine with Ultimate SEO and STS 4.5.2 on the old host. But when I moved to network solutions STS templates for index.php_XX.html don't work... Also product_info.php.html template doesn't work. It only keep picking up sts_template.html file!

Did anyone experience anything similar? Any quick fix? Thanks.

Hello Dino,

Did you remember to configure the STS Modules at your new host?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

When you say configure, you mean in the admin to activate the display for index pages? If so, then yes. Everything is activated in the admin, the weird part is that these template files work fine: index.php_0.html, about.php.html, sts_template.html, policy.php.html. But for some odd reason index.php_21.html etc. won't work and also the product_info template won't work either...

Hello Dino,

Did you remember to configure the STS Modules at your new host?

Did anyone have any similar problems in the past?

Dino, this is an isolated issue with your shop, not STS.

It appears you may have missed some of the STS files in your merge to your new host. Try re-installing all of the STS files as well as making the necessary code changes to the existing osCommerce files. To make this pain free, use a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

bkellum - You know that's exactly what I thought, but then tried to reinstall, use compare&merge and have exact files in place. Then compared the chmod on all the files to make sure that it's not some permission issue, but again failed. It just seems as though something might not be properly configured on the new host (network solutions). Home page template works fine, sts template works, page templates work, but the product_info and category templates do not! Really pulling my hair out on this one lol. :-) Thanks for the help!

Dino, this is an isolated issue with your shop, not STS.

It appears you may have missed some of the STS files in your merge to your new host. Try re-installing all of the STS files as well as making the necessary code changes to the existing osCommerce files. To make this pain free, use a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare.

Hi,

I created a content template for product info page but couldn't figure out where should I edit the style (font, border... css properties) of the page? I have fckeditor installed and I know I could change the description text style with the editor but I would like to set a global style using a css stylesheet for the products info pages. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Is it possible to include infoboxes within $content of product_info content template? It looks like $whateverinfoboxName is not recognised in the $content template for product info...

I think you are getting the content template confused with the page template. In order to use the product_info content template, you must have already created a page template. The page template would include your whateverinfoboxname and your product_info content template would contain the content that goes in the middle for your product layout.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I think you are getting the content template confused with the page template. In order to use the product_info content template, you must have already created a page template. The page template would include your whateverinfoboxname and your product_info content template would contain the content that goes in the middle for your product layout.

Hi bkellum,

I'm not sure if I get it right...

I created this product_info.php.html and saved it in the content folder which will be the content template for all product_info pages. Everything within this content template will appear within the $content of a page template.

For some reason, I wanted to include the $maninfobox within the content template instead of the page template. So I added $maninfobox together with $productname$, $productsid$, Product Name: $productname$ ..... etc in the content template. But the $maninfobox appears as text "$maninfobox" instead of the actual manufacturer info box. Is there a way that I can add the infoboxes within the content template of product info?

Hi bkellum,

I'm not sure if I get it right...

I created this product_info.php.html and saved it in the content folder which will be the content template for all product_info pages. Everything within this content template will appear within the $content of a page template.

For some reason, I wanted to include the $maninfobox within the content template instead of the page template. So I added $maninfobox together with $productname$, $productsid$, Product Name: $productname$ ..... etc in the content template. But the $maninfobox appears as text "$maninfobox" instead of the actual manufacturer info box. Is there a way that I can add the infoboxes within the content template of product info?

Before going that route, have you tried creating a page template for the product (such as includes/sts_templates/*your template folder*/product_info.php_3.html)? The number "3" would be whatever your product ID was for that specific product. Then, create a product content template (such as includes/sts_templates/*your template folder*/content/product_info.php_3.html). Again, the number "3" would be whatever your product ID was for that specific product.

The above should give you all of the control you need to add in the $maininfobox to a specific product.

If you still need to do it the way you requested earlier, then you would need to create the infobox variables in the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file similar to how they are created in the sts_column_left.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Before going that route, have you tried creating a page template for the product (such as includes/sts_templates/*your template folder*/product_info.php_3.html)? The number "3" would be whatever your product ID was for that specific product. Then, create a product content template (such as includes/sts_templates/*your template folder*/content/product_info.php_3.html). Again, the number "3" would be whatever your product ID was for that specific product.

The above should give you all of the control you need to add in the $maininfobox to a specific product.

If you still need to do it the way you requested earlier, then you would need to create the infobox variables in the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php file similar to how they are created in the sts_column_left.php file.

Hi Bill, thanks for the direction and I managed to insert the maninfobox into the content template of product_info page. Out of curiosity, I tried inserting tellafriendbox too and the box does appear but it is pointing to shopping_cart.php instead of tell_a_friend.php.. I've tried including the file with include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php') to make sure it points to this page but to no avail still. Is there a way that I could insert the tellafriendbox too?

I tried to install STS and when I went to http://www.mysite.com/admin/

I got this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_setcookie() in /home/healt137/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 166

On line 160-200 I have the following code...

// start the session

$session_started = false;

if (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True') {

>>>>THIS IS LINE 166>>> tep_setcookie('cookie_test', 'please_accept_for_session', time()+60*60*24*30, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain);

if (isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['cookie_test'])) {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

} elseif (SESSION_BLOCK_SPIDERS == 'True') {

$user_agent = strtolower(getenv('HTTP_USER_AGENT'));

$spider_flag = false;

if (tep_not_null($user_agent)) {

$spiders = file(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'spiders.txt');

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($spiders); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (tep_not_null($spiders[$i])) {

if (is_integer(strpos($user_agent, trim($spiders[$i])))) {

$spider_flag = true;

break;

}

}

}

}

if ($spider_flag == false) {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

} else {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

if ( ($session_started == true) && (PHP_VERSION >= 4.3) && function_exists('ini_get') && (ini_get('register_globals') == false) ) {

extract($_SESSION, EXTR_OVERWRITE+EXTR_REFS);

}

I tried to install STS and when I went to http://www.mysite.com/admin/

I got this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_setcookie() in /home/healt137/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 166

My suggestion....Get yourself a good file comparison utility such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge and use it to merge in the code changes needed to install the STS contribution. You will find these tools invaluable for other contributions and code changes you would like to make in the future to your shop. Beyond Compare is my choice.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey guys,

I have created some category templates so I can have a custom header image for each of my different categories.

The problem I have now is that when I click on one of my products, the header image changes back to the default.

So really the question is, do I need to make custom templates for each product, or is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Ken

Hey guys,

I have created some category templates so I can have a custom header image for each of my different categories.

The problem I have now is that when I click on one of my products, the header image changes back to the default.

So really the question is, do I need to make custom templates for each product, or is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Ken

It appears you may have at least one product template that is linking to the default header image. Remove that template and your product pages should then use the category template that it is in.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions