• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi,

I need to decide if I hardcode the template or use sts system...

So I'm wondering is there a list of contribution that will not work with STS?

thanks

Lenamtl

Hi,

I need to decide if I hardcode the template or use sts system...

So I'm wondering is there a list of contribution that will not work with STS?

thanks

Nope.

Keep in mind that STS is a contribution just like all of the other contributions. Each one makes modifications to the stock osC code. Since there is only so much code to go around, some contributions make modifications to the "same" lines of code. When this occurs, you will either need to know your way around PHP enough to make a custom modification (or search to see if somebody has already done it for you) or choose which contribution meets your needs more than the other one.

:thumbsup: We have created a site (STS4 Power Pack - link in my signature below) that has a lot of the custom modifications to contributions that make code changes to the same code that STS currently uses. This may give you some insight.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I have STS installed and have tryed to install UltraPics.

It all works except that only 1 additional picture shows up, when you try and add more then 1 additional picture it shows the same picture as the other additional picture!

Is this a compatibility issue with STS or an UltraPics issue?

How do i fix it?

Thanks

Does work if you have no small image so you dont have popups though....

I'm not using a product_info.php.html template either

Edited by smithkyle1992

I just installed FEC and now the checkout page looks like this:

http://www[.]lacellefamily[.]com/catalog/create_account2.php

I assume it is missing something to do with STS.

Please help ASAP.

Have you looked in the Fast Easy Checkout Forum to see if anyone else using STS & FEC together are having issues?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167064

STS does not make any edits to any of the checkout pages so I would assume this would be a hard coding issue with FEC.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I have STS installed and have tryed to install UltraPics.

It all works except that only 1 additional picture shows up, when you try and add more then 1 additional picture it shows the same picture as the other additional picture!

Is this a compatibility issue with STS or an UltraPics issue?

How do i fix it?

Thanks

Kyle,

My friend Iggy posted the following information a while back and I think it is just what you need:

Open /includes/modules/sts_inc/popup_image.php.

Add the following code:

<?php
// Ultrapics mods
 $products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_xl_6 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['pID'] . "' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
 $sts->template['productname'] = $products['products_name'];
 $sts->template['productmodel'] =  $products['products_model'];

if ($_GET['image'] ==0) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_lrg'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==1) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_1'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==2) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_2'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==3) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_3'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==4) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_4'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==5) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_5'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==6) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_6'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==7) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } ?>

:thumbsup: Oh...you need to be using at least STS4.4 and above in order for this code to work.

Hope that does it for you,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Kyle,

Opps...I meant to say REPLACE your current /includes/modules/sts_inc/popup_image.php file with the following:

<?php
/*
 $Id: popup_image.php,v 1.18 2003/06/05 23:26:23 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com/"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
// Ultrapics mods
 $products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_xl_6 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['pID'] . "' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
 $sts->template['productname'] = $products['products_name'];
 $sts->template['productmodel'] =  $products['products_model'];

if ($_GET['image'] ==0) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_lrg'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==1) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_1'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==2) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_2'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==3) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_3'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==4) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_4'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==5) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_5'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==6) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image_xl_6'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } elseif ($_GET['image'] ==7) {
 $sts->template['popupimage'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image'],'','','', 'name="prodimage"');
 } ?>

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Sorry Bill, I know I'm the new thorn in your side :(

The error message had gone away on its own... so I had a suspicion it would be back.

When I try you suggestion and I replace the HTC code

<?php
// BOF: Header Tag Controller v2.6.3
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: Header Tag Controller v2.6.3
?>

Back the way it was originally:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 

The error message: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() in ncludes/functions/header_tags.php on line 7

Doesn't go away, and in the Page Control, for HTC in admin, the index high lites in red and says "Note that is the title of a section appears in red, it means that file does not have the required Header Tags code installed and, as a result, will not display the title or meta tags defined here."

Argh, I'm so sorry to have to bother you again. I'm just desperate to get this figured out.

Bill (pulp2),

* First of all, I suggest that you are sure you installed STS/HTC correctly by following the link in my signatrue below.

* Second, The error you are experiencing maybe because you have modified the index.php file (and probably other pages in your shop as well) to include header_tags.php, and now STS includes it again.

thumbsup.gif Solution: Remove the include of header_tags.php from each file in your store as it is NOT needed when using STS. STS will automatically pull in the meta data for each page so you should not manually insert the HTC code as is suggested in the HTC installation text. **See First Point above.

Hope this helped you out,

Edited by pulp2

Sorry Bill, I know I'm the new thorn in your side :(

The error message had gone away on its own... so I had a suspicion it would be back.

When I try you suggestion and I replace the HTC code

<?php
// BOF: Header Tag Controller v2.6.3
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
<?php
}
// EOF: Header Tag Controller v2.6.3
?>

Back the way it was originally:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 

The error message: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() in ncludes/functions/header_tags.php on line 7

Doesn't go away, and in the Page Control, for HTC in admin, the index high lites in red and says "Note that is the title of a section appears in red, it means that file does not have the required Header Tags code installed and, as a result, will not display the title or meta tags defined here."

Argh, I'm so sorry to have to bother you again. I'm just desperate to get this figured out.

Bill (pulp2),

My quote at the bottom of your post is your answer.

When using HTC with STS, you SHOULD NOT follow the HTC installation instructions for the "catalog side", meaning, you SHOULD NOT make any of the modifications to files in the "includes" folder such as index.php and so on. If you do, you will get "can not REDECLARE" error messages since STS is already delcaring the header_tags.php for you.

:thumbsup: Remove any part of HTC from your shop that does not collaborate with the STS/HTC instructions in my signature link.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill (pulp2),

My quote at the bottom of your post is your answer.

When using HTC with STS, you SHOULD NOT follow the HTC installation instructions for the "catalog side", meaning, you SHOULD NOT make any of the modifications to files in the "includes" folder such as index.php and so on. If you do, you will get "can not REDECLARE" error messages since STS is already delcaring the header_tags.php for you.

:thumbsup: Remove any part of HTC from your shop that does not collaborate with the STS/HTC instructions in my signature link.

Thanks Bill,

I changed the code at the bottom of my post as shows, and the error message went away. Is this just a band aid, or will everything be working at 100% as far as google finding my keywords? If not, I'm willing to reinstall everything and start over to get everything working right, but I'm hoping I don't have to because it means having to reinstall a couple of other contributions as well.

The fallowing code was changed in /catalog/includes/application_top.php

FIND

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

Thanks Bill,

I changed the code at the bottom of my post as shows, and the error message went away. Is this just a band aid, or will everything be working at 100% as far as google finding my keywords? If not, I'm willing to reinstall everything and start over to get everything working right, but I'm hoping I don't have to because it means having to reinstall a couple of other contributions as well.

The fallowing code was changed in /catalog/includes/application_top.php

FIND

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

Pulp2,

I suggest that you first confirm that you installed HTC according to my instructions (link in my signature). If you did all of that, then you have successfully installed HTC and it along with STS will work 100%. My original instructions is not a bandaide but rather the correct code for HTC to work with STS. Without it, HTC will not work.

As mentioned before, if you followed the install instructions listed in HTC for the catalog side (even the small note in their regarding STS users) then you need to remove those modifications. The STS note is for older versions of STS prior to version 4.

I hope this made things clearer for you.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Pulp2,

I suggest that you first confirm that you installed HTC according to my instructions (link in my signature). If you did all of that, then you have successfully installed HTC and it along with STS will work 100%. My original instructions is not a bandaide but rather the correct code for HTC to work with STS. Without it, HTC will not work.

As mentioned before, if you followed the install instructions listed in HTC for the catalog side (even the small note in their regarding STS users) then you need to remove those modifications. The STS note is for older versions of STS prior to version 4.

I hope this made things clearer for you.

I just wanted to say: Bill you are the man! I uninstalled the catalog portion of the HTC installation, then I fallowed the instructions in your sig, the whole process was much easier than I imagined and everything seems to be working great without many error messages. I only have one small problem and I just wanted to check to make sure I did a couple of questionable things correctly, if you don't mind helping me a little more.

In my product_info.php page instead of just outputting my products name it shows some of the code "td class="pageHeading" valign="top">1 Case Jam 1.5oz (12 ct)" This can be viewed here:https://www.bumbleberrygifts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_26&products_id=37. Not sure how to fix this... The part in the code (product_info.php) looks correct to me:

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

Also in my admin-->header tags--> text controll. All of the pages are in red, and it says on the top of the page "Note that is the title of a section appears in red, it means that file does not have the required Header Tags code installed and, as a result, will not display the title or meta tags defined here." So should I install the code through admin--> header tags --> page control or is that something that will mess up STS?

Sorry one last question... I really am sorry for so many, I'm hopeless. How do I know my header tags are working correctly, do I just wait 2-8 weeks to see if I start showing up on Google searches, or is there a good tool to use?

In my product_info.php page instead of just outputting my products name it shows some of the code "td class="pageHeading" valign="top">1 Case Jam 1.5oz (12 ct)" This can be viewed here:https://www.bumbleberrygifts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_26&products_id=37. Not sure how to fix this... The part in the code (product_info.php) looks correct to me:

You should not have made any changes to your product_info.php file for HTC/STS.

Also in my admin-->header tags--> text controll. All of the pages are in red, and it says on the top of the page "Note that is the title of a section appears in red, it means that file does not have the required Header Tags code installed and, as a result, will not display the title or meta tags defined here." So should I install the code through admin--> header tags --> page control or is that something that will mess up STS?

You can ignore the red indicators since that is HTC doing it's job of telling you that you did not install the HTC code on the catalog side (with STS, this is a good thing).

Sorry one last question... I really am sorry for so many, I'm hopeless. How do I know my header tags are working correctly, do I just wait 2-8 weeks to see if I start showing up on Google searches, or is there a good tool to use?

I would rather defer this question to be asked in the HTC forum. What I do is open each page and then view source in my browser just to make sure HTC and STS are working and pulling the correct title, descriptions, key words, etc that I entered during the fill tags stage.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

in my product_info.php page instead of just outputting my products name it shows some of the code "td class="pageHeading" valign="top">1 Case Jam 1.5oz (12 ct)" This can be viewed here:https://www.bumbleberrygifts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_26&products_id=37. Not sure how to fix this... The part in the code (product_info.php) looks correct to me:

You should not have made any changes to your product_info.php file for HTC/STS.

It ended up I was just missing a < on one of my table cells <td> . Not sure how that happened.

Thanks again for everything Bill, you are a lifesaver for noobs like me trying to get this stuff down. I really appreciate all the time you have taken to help me.

It ended up I was just missing a < on one of my table cells <td> . Not sure how that happened.

Thanks again for everything Bill, you are a lifesaver for noobs like me trying to get this stuff down. I really appreciate all the time you have taken to help me.

Thanks for saying "Thanks". :)

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Rafael,

Like Matt suggested above, to not have specific infoboxes displayed, you simply do not add those box tags inside your STS Template.

Hello Bill,

Firstly I got to thank you for your great job in STS, it is really a must have !

I got some troubles with boxes and pages :

1) How can I have specific infoboxes displayed on specific pages then ?

For example I'd like to have "specials" and "whatsnew" displayed only on index page, but nowhere else.

2) And I'd like to have the "catmenu", "categorybox" and "searchbox" only in a new page which is called product.php

How can I do that ?

I mean, what files do I have to edit and how ?

About the first point I allready tried to edit the column_left.php and sts_column_left.php, without success...

PS : only the themplate for index page is activated for the moment, not the infobox template

I read carefully your docs but, since I'm french, I got difficulties to understand certain things.

Excuse me then if I'm missed something who could answer my questions.

1) How can I have specific infoboxes displayed on specific pages then ?

For example I'd like to have "specials" and "whatsnew" displayed only on index page, but nowhere else.

I'm confused... I just found the solution to my first point :

My code was

if (basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) {
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');
   $sts->restart_capture ('specialsbox', 'box');  
 } else {
   $sts->template['specialsbox']='';}

But it should be

if (basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) {
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');
   $sts->restart_capture ('specialbox', 'box');  
 } else {
   $sts->template['specialbox']='';}

It was because of the S in specialbox....

PS : sorry about the blanks but I have no idea why they are there...

I'm confused... I just found the solution to my first point :

It was because of the S in specialbox....

PS : sorry about the blanks but I have no idea why they are there...

:(

It does work for this box but not for categories because of this error :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in d:\mes documents\easyphp\www\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php:13) in d:\mes documents\easyphp\www\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 13

:(

It does work for this box but not for categories because of this error :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in d:\mes documents\easyphp\www\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php:13) in d:\mes documents\easyphp\www\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 13

I found the solution... well, it seems to work :P

Here's the old code in sts_column_left:

// Get categories box from db or cache  
 if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
   echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }  
 $sts->restart_capture ('categorybox', 'box');

Here's the new code:

} else {
  if (basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_PRODUCTS) {
    } else {
  $sts->template['categorybox']='';}
 }  

What do you think about this code Bill, is it ok ?

I found the solution... well, it seems to work :P

Here's the old code in sts_column_left:

} else {
} 

Here's the new code:

} else {
if (basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_PRODUCTS) {
} else {
$sts->template['categorybox']='';}
} 

What do you think about this code Bill, is it ok ?

Bertrand Le Bail,

You are going about this totally wrong. :blink:

You should NOT be editing the actual PHP code just to have select boxes displayed on specific pages. All of this is already accomplished by using the STS Tags for each individual box and naming your templates accordingly.

Take a look in the STS User Manual in section 4.2. You will find a STS Tag for each infobox. Add/Don't Add the tag to any page in your shop where you want/don't want them. THIS IS VERY SIMPLE. You are making this way too difficult.

So, in your first example, you only wanted to have the specails and what's new box on your index.php (home) page. You then would create a template called index.php_0.html and place only the $specialbox and $whatsnewbox STS Tags in it. There you go, it's all done. No PHP editing required.

:thumbsup: You should also get aquainted with how osCommerce pages work (see the STS User Manual starting with section 3.6).

Each category can have it's own page template (index.php_1.html, index.php_2.html and so on) or have just one category template that covers them all (index.php.html). Look in the STS User Manual on how to have specific product templates as it works the same way as the category templates.

Sorry you went through all of that unneccessary coding. :(

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey bkellum thanks a lot for your help, it worked...although now I have another (unrelated) problem. When I have the STS contribution on, I am unable to click on product images to enlarge them...Ive tried checking the "popup_image.php" file but I cant seem to find a cause...any help?

Thanks

Hey bkellum thanks a lot for your help, it worked...although now I have another (unrelated) problem. When I have the STS contribution on, I am unable to click on product images to enlarge them...Ive tried checking the "popup_image.php" file but I cant seem to find a cause...any help?

Thanks

Yusuf,

Be sure you added the following in the head section of each of your templates:

<!--$headcontent-->

The above code will pull in the JavaScript (among other things) needed for the popup images to function. Take a look at the blank template example in the test folder to see what I mean.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

:thumbsup: You should also get aquainted with how osCommerce pages work (see the STS User Manual starting with section 3.6).

Each category can have it's own page template (index.php_1.html, index.php_2.html and so on) or have just one category template that covers them all (index.php.html). Look in the STS User Manual on how to have specific product templates as it works the same way as the category templates.

Sorry you went through all of that unneccessary coding. :(

Hope this helped,

Hello Bill,

I finally created several templates for different pages. They are named contact_us.php.html, conditions.php.html... basing on the name of the script executed like explained in section 3.6.

But now I'm looking for having 2 index pages, one in french and one in english.

I have some hyperlinked pictures with french words on my index page, that's why I need 2 index pages.

I copied index.php and renamed it to index_en.php and then I made a template called index_en.php.html

Is there a better way to do that ?