• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hello to all...

Im having problems to create a new uniques templates for each of my products...

i'll relate what i do:

I download the product_info.php_3.html from my sts_templates/full. I change the name to product_info.php_c21_25.html that is the product that i create....

So i edit this file product_info.php_c21_25.html with pure HTML code and so upload it to my content folder.

After i done this, i run the site and the page appear look, but the buttons ADD TO CART disappeared from the page modified product_info.php_c21_25.html.

I think its because i put pure HTML code, and the buttons are php.

So, what i need do to put the ADD to CART buttons back on product_info.php_c21_25.html ???

Thank you

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

Hello to all...

Im having problems to create a new uniques templates for each of my products...

i'll relate what i do:

I download the product_info.php_3.html from my sts_templates/full. I change the name to product_info.php_c21_25.html that is the product that i create....

So i edit this file product_info.php_c21_25.html with pure HTML code and so upload it to my content folder.

After i done this, i run the site and the page appear look, but the buttons ADD TO CART disappeared from the page modified product_info.php_c21_25.html.

I think its because i put pure HTML code, and the buttons are php.

So, what i need do to put the ADD to CART buttons back on product_info.php_c21_25.html ???

Thank you

Rafael

Rafael,

First of all, did you enable the STS Product Info Module in your shops Admin section?

Also, did you add the following STS tag:

$addtocartbutton$

Also, when creating your content template, did you include the following code in the first line of your HTML:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

One more thing...Be sure you used the $startform$ and $endform$ tags which are required in the content template.

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

hI...

Im interested because i see that is possible implement diferents pages on product info display...and other resources too...

so i will put the codes that i change...

thank you

Rafael

Rafael,

You need to uncomment the code for the boxes. I strongly suggest not commenting any code in the sts_* files since this will make troubleshooting issues in the future totally up to you plus there is really no need to do so.

Like Matt suggested above, to not have specific infoboxes displayed, you simply do not add those box tags inside your STS Template.

I also noticed that you commented the 'checkout' process in your sts_* files as well as in your stock column right and left php files. This should be uncommented as well. :thumbsup:

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Rafael,

First of all, did you enable the STS Product Info Module in your shops Admin section?

Also, did you add the following STS tag:

$addtocartbutton$

Also, when creating your content template, did you include the following code in the first line of your HTML:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

One more thing...Be sure you used the $startform$ and $endform$ tags which are required in the content template.

hi Bill, after all day trying... i get exit... maybe by luck.. now is almost done...

the codes are on page...

But now i have another problem, the infoboxes of the pages product_info.php_21_25.html (eg) are differents from the infoboxes from my index.php.html.

I dont know where i go to edit these infoboxes on product_info.php_21_25.html to let the same as on index.php.html...

Thank you

yet learning..

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

hi Bill, after all day trying... i get exit... maybe by luck.. now is almost done...

the codes are on page...

But now i have another problem, the infoboxes of the pages product_info.php_21_25.html (eg) are differents from the infoboxes from my index.php.html.

I dont know where i go to edit these infoboxes on product_info.php_21_25.html to let the same as on index.php.html...

Thank you

yet learning..

Rafael

Rafael, what template do you have set as your default template? The setting for this is located in the STS Default Module in your store's Admin section. STS will use this default template anytime a specific template is not available (meaning you did not create a specific template).

If your product_info.php_21_25.html is a content template, then STS will look for a product template to cover the header, footer, and colums in the order listed in Chapter 3.9 in the STS User Manual.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill

thank you for all support...

im breaking my head last two days to full understanding of your STS. Its amazing...I know that i are lost in details, but these details that i need read more... im reading again the manual...tomorrow i will do more tests...

Tx again...

OScommerce Rocks!

Hello to all...

I do a few modifications on my pages but i dont know if it is correct.

First: I create a category named as "MP3/MP4" on my page. So the link created by php is: .com/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=3ca601942f75b6ad73ea22076a4cd925 >>> link of the category MP3/MP4. Ok. so after this i create another category inside the MP3/MP4 category, named as Colada I" as follow the link of this subcategory >>> .com/index.php?cPath=21_26&osCsid=3ca601942f75b6ad73ea22076a4cd925. All of this 2 categories(1 categorie and 1 subcategorie) i create via Admin section of oscommerce. After this , i create a product, on Admin section too, inside the subcategory Colada I. The name of the product is Colada I too and the link is this >> .com/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=29&osCsid=3ca601942f75b6ad73ea22076a4cd925

Second: On my filezilla ftp i used the file product_info.php_3.html as model to implement my category template. So i put named as product_info.php_29.html and do the changes on this file product_info.php_29.html.

Third: After this, i go to my content folder and using the file product_info.php_26.html as model i implement this file product_info.php_c21_26.html, because this numbers and letters c21_26 was created by admin panel when i create the product like appear on this link of the product Colada I >> .com/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=29&osCsid=3ca601942f75b6ad73ea22076a4cd925.

Fourth: I also create the file product_info.php_29.html on my full folder because the link created by admin panel is .com/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=29&osCsid=3ca601942f75b6ad73ea22076a4cd925.

So... my steps are correct?

For each new product i must create a new file on full folder like product_info.php_29.html ??

thank you

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

Check to be sure you have the content tag close to the sample text (or replace the sample text with your content tag) that is being displayed in your template. It appears you may have some table or div issues in your template.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Just to tell to all that i solved the problem about alingment...

On previous post my $content was out of alingment....so what i do to solve this.

Really was a problem with <table>, but involved two files: my product_info.php_29.html from full folder and principal the file of my content folder product_info.php_c21_26.html(that has the pure html). On this file product_info.php_c21_26.html, on content folder, where i have now just to show you this text >> uyfufyfdrh << i had a table that was with conflict with the table of the product_info.php_29.html, where the infoboxes and the content are.

Below the image after i removed the function table of the file product_info.php_c21_26.html

solved.gif

I just know now how i will put my text on $content, without a table form. If someone knows, i appreciate.

Thank you

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

I have another problem...

When i try add more than 1 product/category, like i added 2 products on Category i-Nickel, the two products (product_info.php_c21_28.html and product_info.php_c21_27.html) appears with the same aspect...

My files on sts_templates/full, like product_info.php_28.html, product_info.php_29.html, product_info.php_30.html, product_info.php_31.html are identicals,........ and each one of these numbers represents the id of each product, like, id28, id29, id30, id31.....THIS IS CORRECT????????

IM STILL DOING THE PAGES WITHOUT KNOW IF IS RIGHT OR WRONG....

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DO A VISUAL HELP TO HOW BUILD THE TEMPLATES, BECAUSE MOR THAN 85% OF THESE 190 PAGES OF THIS THREAT ARE ABOUT NOT KNOW CONSTRUCT TEMPLATES FOR SPECIFIC PRODUCTS....THE STSv4_5.DOC HELP ISNT HELP...

OScommerce Rocks!

Hey allz!

I have a somewhat big problem with sts.

I have installed a fresh copy of the ms2 osc script, and i've activated the seo url function(the one which is already implemented).

After I install the STS system, the popup window in product_info does not display the picture of the file, it displays a raw, unporcessed version of the main STS template. Anyone knows how to get past this problem?

I also want to install lightbox with the STS system, so a few hints would help a lot.

here is a print screen with some detailed information:

02034120468849b0936b9.JPG

pm me or email me at rakimonmic [at] yahoo [dot] com or just reply here so that others can see a possible solution for this problem.

thx

Hey allz!

I have a somewhat big problem with sts.

I have installed a fresh copy of the ms2 osc script, and i've activated the seo url function(the one which is already implemented).

After I install the STS system, the popup window in product_info does not display the picture of the file, it displays a raw, unporcessed version of the main STS template. Anyone knows how to get past this problem?

If what you mean by SEO URL Function is actually the stock "Use Search Engine Friendly URLS" then that is a big mistake. You should not use that feature since it is only in the "Testing" phase of the osCommerce project. If you continue to use this function, you will have more problems and not just with STS.

:thumbsup: If you really need SEO, then you should install one of the SEO contributions (all work with STS).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

I posted this on the header tags contribution thread, Jack recommended I post it here :) :

I was hoping someone could give me some more direction to my problem.

I'm getting the fallowing error message: fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() in public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 7

From reading the other messages on this board that this is because I have tep_get_header_tag_products_title declared twice or are calling it twice. I just don't know where to look for the other place I am calling it. I do have STS installed but I can't seem to find any help in their installation instructions. I have now been working on this problem for two days, I know I'm slow :), and would appreciate any help or added direction.

Edited by pulp2

Hi,

I posted this on the header tags contribution thread, Jack recommended I post it here :) :

I was hoping someone could give me some more direction to my problem.

I'm getting the fallowing error message: fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() in public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 7

From reading the other messages on this board that this is because I have tep_get_header_tag_products_title declared twice or are calling it twice. I just don't know where to look for the other place I am calling it. I do have STS installed but I can't seem to find any help in their installation instructions. I have now been working on this problem for two days, I know I'm slow :) , and would appreciate any help or added direction.

Bill (pulp2),

• First of all, I suggest that you are sure you installed STS/HTC correctly by following the link in my signatrue below.
  • Second, The error you are experiencing maybe because you have modified the index.php file (and probably other pages in your shop as well) to include header_tags.php, and now STS includes it again.

:thumbsup: Solution: Remove the include of header_tags.php from each file in your store as it is NOT needed when using STS. STS will automatically pull in the meta data for each page so you should not manually insert the HTC code as is suggested in the HTC installation text. **See First Point above.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

nevermind, i found it with grep in languages/xxxx.php

i was wondering because im trying to validate my code with http://validator.w3.org/, thank you

Sorry, but what is "grep"?

:blink:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Earlier I had problems with QTPro & STS 4.5 which after advice from Bill Kellum and a QTPro forum contributor worked in their own right and apparently together following re-installation.

I thought all was well but having created a content template, I find that three areas which work in the default osC (ie with STS off) do not do so when STS is active. These are:

1) Currency symbol (£ in this case) appears only as ?

2) The options - size, colour, etc work but fail to show "Out of stock" (part of QTPro) within pull downs and as separate text warning message.

3) Image shown with click to enlarge will not do so.

The paths for the STS 'on' and 'off' screens are;

ON - product_info.php?cPath=2_19&products_id=28

OFF - product_info.php?products_id=28

It seems likely that STS is the problem since the default osC page works flawlessly? Screen grabs under:

STSOff.gif

STSactive.gif

Does anyone have any ideas how to rectify problem?

It seems likely that STS is the problem since the default osC page works flawlessly? Screen grabs under:

Not neccessarily...It could still be related to bad code from the QTPro contribution. Since there are other STS users who use that contribution, I would ask over there and see if anyone else is having the same issues.

STS by itself (without QTPro) does not hinder any of the stock osC functions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks Bill, worked like a charm!

Bill (pulp2),
  • First of all, I suggest that you are sure you installed STS/HTC correctly by following the link in my signatrue below.
  • Second, The error you are experiencing maybe because you have modified the index.php file (and probably other pages in your shop as well) to include header_tags.php, and now STS includes it again.

:thumbsup: Solution: Remove the include of header_tags.php from each file in your store as it is NOT needed when using STS. STS will automatically pull in the meta data for each page so you should not manually insert the HTC code as is suggested in the HTC installation text. **See First Point above.