• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hello This is my first run at customizing a OSC Site and I just wanted to say great job on this template and the easyto understand instrutions for install This is a true assett to the OsC comunity

Hi hows its going,

I have to say thank you for making the STS contribution. Makes my life a whole lot easier. Now I can spend more time in the desiging rather then trying to learn every php page in OS Commerce.

i did a fresh install of the OS and moved the files over I needed. but i got this error

Warning: main(STS_USER_CODE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 93

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_USER_CODE' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 93

Can you help me with this?

Thank you

Never mind i fixed it. I just added the line

define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');

at the end of the config.php file with the rest of the stuff that was there.

I like you contribution, easy to figure stuff out

candlealley wrote:
Is this tempalte program evenusable with the xoops/osC ?

I don't think you will get STS to work with xoops/osC without some major programming changes, particularly to xoops. First, the osC module for xoops is still in beta status - still alot of variable conflicts and database table incompatibilities. Second, xoops uses Smarty templates and you will need to somehow convert all the STS variables into Smarty recognized ones, which probably means that STS won't work properly. With the various themes available for xoops, and assuming that the osC module can be successfully integrated into xoops, why would you want to use STS?

Sorry, it looks like you need to choose between osC/STS template (available today) or xoops/osC (available in a couple weeks/months/...?)

Sounds like a lot of info ... most I dont' understand but enough to know that I won't be using the sts LOL

Thank you for your response.

Now to just figure out how to use the osC with Xoops.. I know it's beta but I'm trying to give it a shot. So far, it works in my admin, but I can't get the shop to show up on my page.. which is weird, it worked before I uninstalled and reinstalled it.

So, looks like I'll head over to the xoops forum. Thanks again :)

Is there nobody who knows a solution? After the installation the cart buttons are not visible any longer. Where is the problem?

Before the installation the buttons were visible and works fine. The sts works without problems but only the buttons doesn?t work. What can I do?

Thanks for your help...

THIS IS FOR FACELES

Warning: main(STS_USER_CODE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 93

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_USER_CODE' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 93

i used to get this error also when i installed the cart, the reason you are getting this error is because the sts_display_output.php was not in the zip file.

What i did was download version 1.8 and it fixed it, as the file was in the zip. Although you cannot just take the file and upload it if you are using 1.3. you must use all the files from 1.8

I hope this helps you, like i said, i had the same problem but now it is fine.

:)

Edited by tec

Hmm.. so I attempted to install STS 1.8 again since it has never worked for me.

This time, slowly trying the advanced method on my osC 2.2 CVS.

This time I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ~/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 189

I look in sts_display_output.php on line 189:

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

$template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $template['content'];

}

So I assume the error is with the side('header') ?? In any case, if I comment out that entire if statement, my osC finally loads correctly (the first time!!).. but I'm assuming that the if statement is important so... any ideas on why I'm getting the error?

Thanks!

Edited by DarkSeraph

I have followed the instructions for the use of STS but I have the following errors:

Template file doesn't exist: [includes/sts_template.html]

Warning: fopen(STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 82

Can't open Template file: [sTS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE]

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 86

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 86

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 87

Hiya there,, did you make sure that teh file sts_display_output.php was included in the zip?

Are you using 1.3 or 1.8? the reason i ask is becuse, just tlike the previous answer i had on the board, there was no file of this name in the 1.3 zip that i downloaded.

Please help me... It is relly important - the shop is running, but there are no cart buttons.

Now it is my third question: After the sts install the cart buttons were not visible. Can someone tell me what is the reason for this?

The buttons are all in the right folder and they worked before the sts install...

Thanks...

Hi Lindstrom,

This is kind of a lame response, since I don't know where to find these links but is there anyway to put absolute links to your graphics?( i.e. http://www.yourshop.com/images/cartbuttons)

I wouldn't know where to look for those links in oscommerce. My stylesheet wasn't working on only my product_info.php page for some reason but worked on all the other pages. I put an absolute link to it, then it worked??But thats a much simpler thing to fix since you can refer to the stylesheet in the template.

Good Luck

Having an issue with sts and create_account_sucess.php

All I get is:

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%

Returned to the browser, the account gets created, but all that is returned is the broken table tag to the browser in html ext, everyhting else seems to work very well though.

OK, so I managed to get STS working and modify the home page of my site.

But what I really want to know is, can STS be used to modify the other pages contained within OSC 2.2, such as login.php. If this is possible, I would like to know the procedure.

Cheers

I apologize if this has been posted previously, I searched the forum and didn't see any answer that might help.

Would it be possible to make some sort of template using this system so that my product catergory index pages could be laid out like THIS

rather than the current list format? I was able to change my categories to graphics but I'm not sure if it's possible to make this work with a template or if i have to force it into what is essentially a static file...

Thanks so much for this template system, it's already saved me time and headaches :)

-bathory

Many bothans died to bring you this information.

First off, excellent job Brian. Thanks for doing this.

I've installed the latest version at Test Webpage.

The problem I am having is that the height of the navigation bar that holds Home is to big. You can see the difference between it and the size of the cell in the section (like categories). Is there a way to adjust this. I have it set to the size of the font in the template.

A second problem is with the alignment of the images for the section headers. I changed the left side by placing them in a table to allow me to have control over the spacing between them. The right side has not been changed. The problem is that, on the left side, the corner_right.gif is placed too high. Any idea how to fix this?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am having a problem with the 'Click to Enlarge' link. When I click the small image to see a larger image, the popup onsly shows a blank template. The larger image is never shown.

Is this an STS problem or something in my config? Everything worked fine before I installed STS.

Maybe someone here can help me. I have installed the latest release of OSC and then tried STS 1.8. I have followed the readme step by step twice. When i bring up the sts_template.html in my browser, all I get is the tables with the $whatever displayed. When I bring up OSC, nothing has changed. I have tried changing the settings in the sts__display_output.php file as described in the readme, to no avail. I have also tried adding &STS_whatever=1 or 0 to the URL. Didn't work. I couldn't get it to work with an existing store, so I started all over from scratch and did a fresh install of both. Same problem. I'm sure it's something simple since so many people are using this system with success. Any help would be appreciated... This is my 3rd Post, somebody PLEASE HELP!

Maybe someone here can help me. I have installed the latest release of OSC and then tried STS 1.8. I have followed the readme step by step twice. When i bring up the sts_template.html in my browser, all I get is the tables with the $whatever displayed. When I bring up OSC, nothing has changed. I have tried changing the settings in the sts__display_output.php file as described in the readme, to no avail. I have also tried adding &STS_whatever=1 or 0 to the URL. Didn't work. I couldn't get it to work with an existing store, so I started all over from scratch and did a fresh install of both. Same problem. I'm sure it's something simple since so many people are using this system with success. Any help would be appreciated... This is my 3rd Post, somebody PLEASE HELP!

Did you edit the configure.php to include the STS defines that are stated in the readme?

yes, absolutely... I'm at a total loss. The only thing I have different, that I can tell, is that the whole OSC etc is my https dir... The osc works fine, but the sts seems to have no effect at all

It seems to be reading the sts_template.html file. If I rename the file and bring up the store, I get parse errors saying it could not find the file, but under that, the store shows correctly... :huh:

It seems to be reading the sts_template.html file. If I rename the file and bring up the store, I get parse errors saying it could not find the file, but under that, the store shows correctly... :huh:

Have you customized your template? If not, it will look exactly like the default OSC install.

Make a few changes to the template (remove a box/variable, add a header image, etc..) then see if your store still looks the same.

Yes, I did make changes to the template. I found the problem though and feel VERY stupid. sts_display_output was set to normal, it needs to be set to template for the changes to be displayed.

Thank you very much for trying to help...

I love this feature!

However, I am having a problem with the "Click to enlarge" function within the product information. I am receiving a javascript error of the following when I try to "click to enlarge"

Line: 1

Char: 1

Error: Object expected

Code:0

URL: http://import-tech.net/shop/catalog/produc...products_id=290

The coding for the pop up window has not been changed, and I had no problems with it before using my html template.

Please help!