• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Just installed osC for the first time and it is up and running fine. Installed the template system and it installed correctly (no errors w/ database mod, etc) and all files are in place- but I get no STS link in the modules area of the admin??

Edited by chuck cheeze

Just installed osC for the first time and it is up and running fine. Installed the template system and it installed correctly (no errors w/ database mod, etc) and all files are in place- but I get no STS link in the modules area of the admin??
Chad, see the above post. Are you having issues with the Admin folder being outside osCommerce as well? (this is not common.)

Otherwise, you missed some files in the installation process. Go over the entire process one more time making sure you did not leave anything out.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Bill,

I'd like to add a new template for each category. I know you have some directions on how to do this in this in the manual but I'm still a little fuzzy (I know.....big shock there). Is there a place where I can get the directions on how to do this for dummies? Also, would you happen to have a product "sample" template like you have a default one?

I apologize for being so annoying.

Hino, can you please explain the installer that was used on your server? A few weeks back some other users ran into the same issue regarding their host using an installer that put the "admin" folder outside of the standard "catalog" structure of osCommerce. The reason that I am asking is so that I can make a note of this when this comes up again. The only stable auto-installer that I know of is Fantastico but that still does not guarantee that you are getting the latest version of osCommerce. I’ve even come across some installers that get the image paths screwed up right from the beginning because of errant configure.php settings.

My host(www.gisol.com) Is using HSphere as their control pannel and it has OSC as one of the installable webapps. It placed the admin folder in the same folder that catalog was placed in. All i had to to do was move the files from STS's admin folder into theri respective spots in the OSC's admin folder. Hope this helps you out.

My host(www.gisol.com) Is using HSphere as their control pannel and it has OSC as one of the installable webapps. It placed the admin folder in the same folder that catalog was placed in. All i had to to do was move the files from STS's admin folder into theri respective spots in the OSC's admin folder. Hope this helps you out.
OK, sounds like you just didn't follow the instructions given in the installation text. STS is packaged in the same folder structure as the original osCommerce. The instructions guide you to upload the provided files into their respective folders in osCommerce or update the code manually, your choice.

I originally asked about your host since some users have reported some odd type of automatic installations that placed the osCommerce Admin folder "outside" of osCommerce which is not what had happened in your situation.

Well, I'm glad you figured it out and it is now working for you.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

To get a template specific to category 34, name the template index.php_34.html. And so on for all the categories you want. If the recursive mode is set to true in the index module, in admin, categories without specific template will use template of parent category, if any, or then grand-parent category, and so on.

PWA means Purchase Without Account and customer does not require a password to checkout. There is no reason why this contribution would not work with STS.

- Rigadin

Bill,

I'd like to add a new template for each category. I know you have some directions on how to do this in this in the manual but I'm still a little fuzzy (I know.....big shock there). Is there a place where I can get the directions on how to do this for dummies?

If you wanted to create a specific template for each category, you would use the sample

"index.php_1_9.html" template and save it according to your category number such as "index.php_1.html" for the stock "Hardware" category in osCommerce.

TIP: To find out the category number, view your shop in a browser and either place your mouse over the category or click on it and you will notice the cpath value. That is the category number.

Also, would you happen to have a product "sample" template like you have a default one?
I think you are wanting the sample product template "product_info.php_3.html" provided in the "full" template folder. This template allows you to create a template for a specific product. You can also use templates in the "content" template folder for creating custom "content" areas for your specific product template such as is the case in the sample "product content" template "product_info.php_26.html".

So...you can use the two product templates together to get a custom template for the layout and content of a specific product or for all of the products in a particular category, etc.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

PWA means Purchase Without Account and customer does not require a password to checkout. There is no reason why this contribution would not work with STS.

- Rigadin

:blush:

It look like this contribution work fine with STS but now my order emails are not coming in, maybe it's a small problem. Thanks anyway!!

I installed the 'STS v4.3.2 with Header Tags Controller v2.6.0' that released on 2 Dec 2006 on a very new OSC 2.2MS Update 060817.

It works fine, but having some problems:

1. The Header Tags Controller doesn't change the page heading text, so the category page is display 'Categories' as default page heading text, and "Let's See What We Have Here" as default page heading text on the sub-category pages.

So, how can I change the codes

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

to make it display the right heading text?

2. Just wonder where and how to display the 'Header Tags Categories Description' on the category pages.

It seems not working.

3. I also want to install the 'TinyMCE' to edit the 'Header Tags Categories Description', does it work?

Thank you very much!

Jimmy

I installed the 'STS v4.3.2 with Header Tags Controller v2.6.0' that released on 2 Dec 2006 on a very new OSC 2.2MS Update 060817.

It works fine, but having some problems:

1. The Header Tags Controller doesn't change the page heading text, so the category page is display 'Categories' as default page heading text, and "Let's See What We Have Here" as default page heading text on the sub-category pages.

So, how can I change the codes

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

to make it display the right heading text?

2. Just wonder where and how to display the 'Header Tags Categories Description' on the category pages.

It seems not working.

3. I also want to install the 'TinyMCE' to edit the 'Header Tags Categories Description', does it work?

Thank you very much!

Jimmy

Hey Jim,

It appears that you have everything installed correctly and now all you need to know is how to use the HTC contribution.

You will be better served to ask these types of questions in the HTC forum so that you will get the best detailed answer to the features of HTC.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

First of all THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to STS, it is really amazing. It has encouraged me to push my design further and I am learning alot. Thanks!

Ok, now for my problem, it is likely a quick fix.

I just can't seem to get a custom infobox to work. I have no problems getting 1 template to work for all infoboxes, but I want to make one for categories, then move on to the rest. I am a little confused about what the settings in Admin should be. I turned Use template for infoboxes to TRUE in admin and I tried FALSE too. I also named the infobox as outlined in the STS manual. I created a single file called infobox_categories.php.html and I got nothing. *I am assuming that I don't need the optional header php file, I just combined them into one.....

When Use template for infoboxes is set to TRUE, infobox.php.html takes over

When Use template for infoboxes is set to FALSE, infobox_categories.php.html doesn't load

I bet it is something really stupid, I have poured over the manual.......anyone wanna give me a kick in the rear?

First of all THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to STS, it is really amazing. It has encouraged me to push my design further and I am learning alot. Thanks!

Ok, now for my problem, it is likely a quick fix.

I just can't seem to get a custom infobox to work. I have no problems getting 1 template to work for all infoboxes, but I want to make one for categories, then move on to the rest. I am a little confused about what the settings in Admin should be. I turned Use template for infoboxes to TRUE in admin and I tried FALSE too. I also named the infobox as outlined in the STS manual. I created a single file called infobox_categories.php.html and I got nothing. *I am assuming that I don't need the optional header php file, I just combined them into one.....

When Use template for infoboxes is set to TRUE, infobox.php.html takes over

When Use template for infoboxes is set to FALSE, infobox_categories.php.html doesn't load

I bet it is something really stupid, I have poured over the manual.......anyone wanna give me a kick in the rear?

Once you created infobox_categories.php.html template, did you save it in your "boxes" infobox template folder?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi everyone. I tried to find a good solution to this problem -- when I have STS turned on, my entire site slows down considerably. I have gzip compression and caching turned on and the site seems to perform just fine When STS is disabled.

There are about 18,000 products in the cart database. Any suggestions?

-Tom

Hi!

I am confused of all the different verions. Do I need to download only the latest version submitted and it includes the full package? There are a lot of different version names on the link.

Thanks1 ;)

Hi!

I installed the STSv4.3.2_HTCV2.6_1 and the STS under admin is working fine on the English version, but when I use the Danish version, the STS shows this error:

STS Modules

Warning: main(): Unable to access /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 Warning: main(): Unable to access /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 Warning: main(): Failed opening '/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 etc.

I guess it is because there is no setup modules for danish language installed? Will this not work for Danish language?

Thanks! :blush:

Edited by star8

Hi!

I installed the STSv4.3.2_HTCV2.6_1 and the STS under admin is working fine on the English version, but when I use the Danish version, the STS shows this error:

STS Modules

Warning: main(): Unable to access /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 Warning: main(): Unable to access /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 Warning: main(): Failed opening '/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/modules/sts/sts_default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php4ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 137 etc.

I guess it is because there is no setup modules for danish language installed? Will this not work for Danish language?

Thanks! :blush:

Yes, it will work for other lanquages, just you need to manually add the separate language files. Look over each of the "English" langquage files and then modify your Danish language files accordingly.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi!

I am confused of all the different verions. Do I need to download only the latest version submitted and it includes the full package? There are a lot of different version names on the link.

Thanks1 ;)

:D :D I just uploaded a complete package with all of the Service Packs and bug fixes along with updated documentation.

STS v4.3.3 - December 28, 2006

Unfortunately, this is a 2 download package because of the 300k file upload limit. Download 1 is the core files and Download 2 is the User Manual. That shouldn't be too bad to deal with. I wish I could have put them into one file though. :'(

Enjoy,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Ive successfully installed STSv4.3.3. Im trying to incorporate my former xhtml/css site with osc and your sts contribution. Ive made the files index.php.html, contact_us.php.html & galleries.php.html and included them in test folder.

I have tried adding these files in the default module. In the default template box, I added my files to sts_template.html (with semi-colin seperating each file) and also without the sts_template.html file and neither works. I can see my index.php.html page as I want it in the browser but cant get to any links (specifically contact_us, I have not attempted galleries.php.html yet).

My present web site uses xhtml/css. Can I successfully use div tags and classes for my layout? I know I need to use "placeholders" and have found $cataloglogo (for my header div), $content, and $footer. My link to contact_us.php.html is not working (says there is not file on my server with this name). I looked in: sts_user_code.php for a tag to link to the contact info and found nothing. I did however find contact info in general.php (in the same folder-modules/sts_inc/...)but it looks like a logo gif link which wouldnt work in my nav menu.

Could someone please provide an example of how they have used html (without tables, if possible) and placeholders for me. I think a visual would help, or at least more in debth documentation about how to achieve the results Im after. So far I have used the doc included with stsv4.3.3 and the forums.

My site is here: www.westerngategallery.com

Appreciate any help. Thanks

My present web site uses xhtml/css. Can I successfully use div tags and classes for my layout? I know I need to use "placeholders" and have found $cataloglogo (for my header div), $content, and $footer. My link to contact_us.php.html is not working (says there is not file on my server with this name). I looked in: sts_user_code.php for a tag to link to the contact info and found nothing. I did however find contact info in general.php (in the same folder-modules/sts_inc/...)but it looks like a logo gif link which wouldnt work in my nav menu.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Marion,

A simple way to make a "text" link to another PHP file from within your store is to add the following into the HTML of your template:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . 'Contact Us Link' . '</a>'; ?>

The above would add a text line "Contact Us Link" and it will link to your osCommerce "contact_us.php" file.

Now if you want to make an STS template for your "contact_us.php" file, simply create a HTML page and name it "contact_us.php.html". Be sure you have included the required HTML in that template. You can see what is required by looking at the "sts_blank_template.html" template in the "test" folder.

Once you create your "contact_us.php.html" template, the link that you added above would automatically pull up your STS version of your contact us page (contact_us.php.html).

You can also create a STS tag (placeholder/variable) to be used as your "contact us" text link. See my STS Tips, Tricks, and How To's in the STS4 Power Pack contribution site for more details.

Hope this has helped,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions