• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hello, - thanks in advance for your help.

I've have installed ST4.3, however I cannot get it using the template.

When I try to configure it in the Admin panel, I change Modules > STS > Default > Use template? to true, then back to view the values, nothing is changed.

Other parameters of the Modules > do not update also...

Does STS changes he modules so that it does not work anymore ?

However, when I had &sts_template=test in the URL, it does work.

Regards

If you are using osCommerce version 060817 then you need the patch listed on the STS contribution page.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

A new contribution has been posted for STS v4.3 with Header Tags Controller v2.5.9 bundled together. You can find it on the Simple Template System contribution page. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi All,

:)

Great contribution, I've been using it for ages! :D I've run into a small stumbling block that I need a bit of help on.

I have been reading the Tips and Tricks over at:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G..._and_Tricks/252

What I need is just to be able to add several text links in the STS template as above. I am doing a Greeting Card Shop for someone and need extra pages (e.g. Learn About Cards, Your Wedding Day etc) without them being in an info box.

The way to do it without STS seems to be put the link into the template with:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link("learnaboutcards.html") . '">' . 'Learn About Cards' . '</a>'; ?>

The link is created fine if I copy and paste it into which works fine as a link but not in STS, so I think I'm doing something wrong as it doesn't pick the file learnaboutcards.php.html from the STS directory if it's in there ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I bet it's something simple I misread or didn't do.

:-" :)

If it helps, I also use Chemo's Ultimate SEO URL's and STS 4.2 with Header Tags Controller Combo.

Many thanks and Best Regards,

Paul

Did you add the headertags.php line to your "Files to include" in the STS Modules? You should have the following:

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Bill, I'm hoping you won't mind re-visiting this. I have just updated to the brand-new November 2 version of STS, but my installation still appears to be broken. As soon as I enable STS, Header Tags (2.5.9.1) ceases to function; the "home page" notation goes away to be replaced by the default "Oscommerce" header, and there does not seem to be any way to re-adjust it to work. I located your suggestion, above, but when I add this to my STS modules, I receive the following error message:

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/headertags.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stbedesb/public_html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/headertags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/stbedesb/public_html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

I've integrated older versions of both of these contributions with great success--cannot for the life of me imagine what I've done wrong this time.

I feel certain this is something ridiculously simple, but at the moment, it's got me very puzzled.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!!

Anne

Can someone tell me how to change the layouts of the login, shopping cart and check out pages? they dont seem to follow the same layout as the index after editing the index.php.html.

in addition, i want to have a link named New Arrivals, how would I link to that? I want it to use the same template and use something like the $whatsnewbox but without the box styling...

thanks in advance

one more thing, i can't seem to get the background-image in any stylesheeting to work...both in the stylesheet.css in the root folder and the style code in the individual file. thi sis what i put:

BODY {
background-image:http://www.puppyhugger.com/catalog/images/bodybg.gif; background-repeat:repeat-x; background-position:top;
 background: #c4c4c4;
 color: #000000;
 margin: 0px;

OK, so I'm now answering myself. Ugh!

When I downloaded files today, the new STS with integrated Header Tags Controller wasn't yet in evidence. I returned to the contributions area earlier this evening, saw it (with the accompanying .pdf documentation), and snagged it.

This is a great contribution, and very much needed!! It has really taken all the guesswork and perplexity out of installing and using these two contributions together, especially as each has advanced in complexity. They're now smoothly integrated and easy enough to install that you could almost do it in your sleep. (Which I'm almost doing, as it's 3 a.m. here...)

I have an issue or two to iron out getting the whole to work with the tax exempt contrib I need to use. That will be taken care of with a file compare.

I know a lot of hard work went into this smooth integration, and it shows. I just want to communicate how much it's appreciated, and I'm betting I speak for a lot of others as well.

So thanks!

Anne

(must...go...bed...now...sleep...)

Can someone tell me how to change the layouts of the login, shopping cart and check out pages? they dont seem to follow the same layout as the index after editing the index.php.html.

in addition, i want to have a link named New Arrivals, how would I link to that? I want it to use the same template and use something like the $whatsnewbox but without the box styling...

thanks in advance

You can create a template named shopping_cart.php.html for the shopping cart page, and so on for all pages you want.

index.php.html is only for the index.php pages.

You'll find examples of text and graphic links in the file includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

- Rigadin

Great mod. Thanks to all who made this mod.

I have a problem when I click "Cart Contents" as a guest when the cart is empty, it shows the "review" template as this URL:

http://autofit.bz/catalog/shopping_cart.php

Please give me suggestions how to correct this error.

My spec:

oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

STS 4.3 without Header tags

TIA

Great mod. Thanks to all who made this mod.

I have a problem when I click "Cart Contents" as a guest when the cart is empty, it shows the "review" template as this URL:

http://autofit.bz/catalog/shopping_cart.php

Please give me suggestions how to correct this error.

My spec:

oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

STS 4.3 without Header tags

TIA

Compare your shopping_cart.php file with an original osCommerce shopping_cart.php file to see if you have somehow changed any of the text settings to cause it to use "Review" in the header.

Also, what sts tag are you using for the cart contents variable?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

OK, so I'm now answering myself. Ugh!

When I downloaded files today, the new STS with integrated Header Tags Controller wasn't yet in evidence. I returned to the contributions area earlier this evening, saw it (with the accompanying .pdf documentation), and snagged it.

This is a great contribution, and very much needed!! It has really taken all the guesswork and perplexity out of installing and using these two contributions together, especially as each has advanced in complexity. They're now smoothly integrated and easy enough to install that you could almost do it in your sleep. (Which I'm almost doing, as it's 3 a.m. here...)

I have an issue or two to iron out getting the whole to work with the tax exempt contrib I need to use. That will be taken care of with a file compare.

I know a lot of hard work went into this smooth integration, and it shows. I just want to communicate how much it's appreciated, and I'm betting I speak for a lot of others as well.

So thanks!

Anne

(must...go...bed...now...sleep...)

Anne, thanks for your kind words.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You can create a template named shopping_cart.php.html for the shopping cart page, and so on for all pages you want.

You'll find examples of text and graphic links in the file includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

- Rigadin

Thanks Rigadin, I'll try this. :)

- Rigadin

This method worked for all the files that I found in the filenames.php file but did not work for the product info page...how do i get those to follow the same layout? please tell me there is a simpler solution than creating a file for each products because i have over 150 products.....

Compare your shopping_cart.php file with an original osCommerce shopping_cart.php file to see if you have somehow changed any of the text settings to cause it to use "Review" in the header.

Also, what sts tag are you using for the cart contents variable?

I will check out the shopping_cart.php file. However, can you tell me more about "sts tag for the cart contents variable"? Silly question. But, where do I find this variable?

TIA

I am hoping this is the correct thread to post this question, now that STS/HTC are a unified package. If not, would somebody be good enough to let me know?

I'm currently setting up a shop for a bookseller called St. Bede's Books. Naturally they want that to go in their header tag.

When setting up their tags, all works well, except that the page reads ST. BEDE\\\'S BOOKS. It doesn't matter if I just use the apostrophe or if I use the \ character in front of it--the result is always the same. Is there a way around this? Or could I use the alternate character?

Thanks!

Anne

I am getting nothing on $content Variable.

I am using STS v4.3.

any Ideas?

Check to see that you did not comment out your left and right colums in the index.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Having a spot of bother with boxes not showing up on product info pages.

They all work fine on index and sts_template.

The main boxes are currency and a couple of custom boxes (column_banner2.php and resources.php). These custom boxes work fine on other pages just not the product info pages.

You can see what I mean by comparing these two pages:

http://www.mpm.org.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=471

and

http://www.mpm.org.au/shop/

I'm using STS 3.2