• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Wonder if someone might be able to help me...

I'm trying to do a default category template, but the category page when I view it on my site merely shows the code. I can't figure out where I'm going wrong.

This is the code that I am using:

<table align="center" valign="top" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5"  width="100%" border="0">
<tr>
<td align="center">
<table align="center" valign="top" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5"  width="95%" border="0">
<tr>
<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>

<td align="center">
$startform
$imagesmall
<br>
<b>$productname</b>
<br>
<b>$regularprice</b>
<br>
<b>$specialprice</b>
$endform
</td>
</tr>

</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

The rest of the page is fine, cause it is the same code that I am using for my sts_template, the index.php.html, and a few other pages.

You can take a look at the page I am having trouble with here: http://darlindaisy.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Would someone be able to tell me how I can use this template on ALL of my pages and not just the index?

GenesisVault.com

Refer to section 3.1 of the STS4.doc. Using STS v4.1 simple.

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

You do not have to make separate pages. If you have only sts_template.html in your folder template, it will be used for all the pages: this is the default template. If you want some pages to be different than the default template, you can create additional templates.

- Rigadin

I've installed the newest version of STS V4.1 but I'm having several problems.

1. My product options mysteriously show up twice. Despite having them down only one time in the product_info.php.html template page.

Product Options Showing up twice

2. The login page shows up blank

Login page blank?

You can see examples of both of these crazy phenomona at the links posted. Anyone know how to fix these things? There are no contributions installed--this is a fresh OScommerce install. If anyone has had similiar problems please let me know.

Thanks.

-T

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge

Powered by OSCommerce + about 20 different custom addons and some Wordpress

For the double-options: in the product info module, do not add pinfo_sts3.php in the list of files to include. If you use the v3 compatibility mode this file is automatically called, so in your case it is called twice. And as you are using a content template, you do not need to enable the compatibility mode.

For the blank login page I don't know. Weird that only this page shows blank. Maybe not STS problem.

By the way, there is a separate thread for STS4, you can get maybe more help there:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=204381

- Rigadin

Hi

I have installed sts 4.1 with update 1 and 2.

When I turn OFF sts in the modules (Standard -> use templates -> false) I get an error: The images for review and basket are missing.

This happens only if sts templates are off (false). If they are on it works like a charm.

The link behind the missing images is:

.../catalog/DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGESgerman/buttons/button_reviews.gif

Can someone help please?

Olaf

I have a very specific application I was hoping this contribution would allow me to do. On the individual product page, the only thing to do with oscommerce I want the user to see is a link to purchase that individual product (outside of the product description of course). Once they click the link, I'd like them to be able to purchase that product only. I really want to eliminate them seeing pretty much every visual aspect of oscommerce through the whole purchase experience especially to do with any other products I have programmed into the oscommerce solution. I want users to see and be able to purchase only one product at a time. Does this sound doable?

Edited by Huey

I have a very specific application I was hoping this contribution would allow me to do. On the individual product page, the only thing to do with oscommerce I want the user to see is a link to purchase that individual product (outside of the product description of course). Once they click the link, I'd like them to be able to purchase that product only. I really want to eliminate them seeing pretty much every visual aspect of oscommerce through the whole purchase experience especially to do with any other products I have programmed into the oscommerce solution. I want users to see and be able to purchase only one product at a time. Does this sound doable?
Absolutely! Just use the default template and do not include any of the infoboxes in the right and left columns. Should work like a charm. I am using v4.1 as an example. I'm not familiar with anything before STS Plus v4.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Is it only me? Since I upgraded from 4.0.7 to 4.1 I have the following code:

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td width="125" valign="top"><table border="0" width="125" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

At the begining of all my pages.

I followed the "upgrade" method, maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Hi!

THANKS for a GREAT contribution.

I'm having one small problem with STS 4.1 however.

I'm using STS 4.1 and headertags V2.5.9.

All installed very smoothly.

however, now I have lost all my page headers: store logo, My Cart info, etc....

everthing at the top of the page. can someone please provide some insight, or point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks in advance.

Link to my homepage.... without logo

Dynamic DHTML Menu with STS 4.1

I'm kind of tired of that menu box. Here it is.

Need STS 4.1 and Dynamic DHTML Menu

Step 1. Install STS 4.1

Step 2. Upload mymenu.php from DHTML to /catalog/includes/boxes/

Step 3. Open /catalog/includesmodules/sts_incsts_user_code.php, and add the following lines at the end before "?>"

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'mymenu.php');

$sts->stop_capture('mymenu');

Step 4. Add css contents from DHTML menu to stylesheet.css by cut and paste or open /catalog/stylesheet.css and add the following lines at the end:

a {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px;color: #000000;text-decoration: none;border:none}

a :link{border:none}

a :hover {text-decoration:underline}

.LinkTop {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px;color: #901C05;text-decoration: none;font-weight:bold}

.LinkTop a:link{font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px;color: #901C05;text-decoration: none;font-weight:bold}

.LinkTop a:active{font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px;color: #901C05;text-decoration: none;font-weight:bold}

.LinkTop a:hover {text-decoration:none; color: #ffffff;font-weight:bold}

#dropmenudiv{position:absolute;border:1px solid gray;font:normal 12px Verdana;line-height:18px;z-index:100}

.header1 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 18px;color: #FFFFFF;font-style: normal;font-weight: normal;background-color: #5B909E}

.header2 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;color: #AE5017;font-weight: bold}

.text1 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;font-weight:normal;color: #395B64;background-color: #C83B59}

.text2 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;font-weight: normal;color: #7C5B4E;background-color: #C83B59}

.text2 a:link {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;font-weight: normal;color: #C46642;background-color: #C83B59}

.text2 a:hover {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;font-weight: normal;color: #C46642;background-color: #C83B59;text-decoration:underline}

.text3 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight: normal;color: #7C5B4E}

#textnormal {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;font-weight: normal;color: #395B64}

#textnormal a:link{color :#395B64 }

#textnormal a:active{color :#395B64}

#textnormal a:hover{text-decoration: none; font-weight :bold}

.newsText {ont-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #FF3300;background-color: #C83B59}

.header3 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight: bold;color: #901C05; background-color: #F5C392}

.leftLink a:link {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #C46642;}

.leftLink a:hover{text-decoration:none;font-weight:bold}

.topNav a:link {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight: bold;color: #AE5017},.topNav a:hover{text-decoration : underline}

.bodyback {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #333333}

.bodyback1 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 11px;color: #333333}

.bluelink {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;font-weight:bold;color: #3394FF}

.bluelink a:link{font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;font-weight:bold;color: #3394FF}

.bluelink a:visited{font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;font-weight:bold;color: #3394FF}

.bluelink a:hover{text-decoration:underline}

body {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 8px;color: #333333}

.email {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #FFFFFF;font-weight: normal;background-color: #5B909E}

.email a:link{font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #000000;font-weight: bold}

.email a:link{font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #000000;font-weight: bold}

.email a:hover{text-decoration:none; color:#000000; font-weight: bold; background:#93C5D2}

.quote {font-family: Georgia;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #3394FF}

.quote1 {

font-family: Georgia;

font-size: 14px;

font-weight: normal;

color: #3394FF;

font-style: italic;

line-height: 30px;

}

.quote2 {

font-family: Georgia;

font-size: 14px;

font-weight: normal;

color: #3394FF;

font-style: italic;

line-height: 22px;

}

.StudL {

font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

font-size: 18px;

font-weight: bold;

font-style:italic;

color: #ffae46;

}

.HeadDept {

font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

font-size: 18px;

font-weight: bold;

color: #CB5201;

}

.HeadDept a:link {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 18px;font-weight: bold;color: #CB5201}

.HeadDept a:visited {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 18px;font-weight: bold;color: #CB5201}

.HeadDept a:hover {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 18px;font-weight: bold;color: #00AEFF; text-decoration:underline}

.HeadDept1 {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #CB5201}

.HeadDept1 a:link {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #CB5201}

.HeadDept1 a:visited {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #CB5201}

.HeadDept1 a:hover {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #00AEFF;text-decoration:underline}

.HeadDept2 {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #CB5201}

.HeadDept2 a:link {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #CB5201}

.HeadDept2 a:visited {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #CB5201}

.HeadDept2 a:hover {font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size: 14px;font-weight: bold;color: #ffffff;text-decoration:none}

.unitlink {font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;color: #CC5700;text-decoration: none}

.unitlink a:link{font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;color: #CC5700;text-decoration: none}

.unitlink a:hover{font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:underline;color:#00AEFF}

.newstext {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;background-color: #C83B59}

.spl_txt {border-color: #5E2A00;border-width:1;border-style:ridge;background-color: #FFF5EB; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-weight:normal; font-size:12; color: #482A0C}

.spl_btn {border-color: #5E2A00;border-width:1;border-style:solid;background-color:#F5C392;font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-weight: bold;font-size:12;color: #552A00}

.leftmenu {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight: NORMAL;color: #CB5201}

.leftmenu a:link{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight: NORMAL;color: #00479F}

.leftmenu a:visited{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight: NORMAL;color: #00479F}

.leftmenu a:hover{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight: NORMAL;color: #00479F}

.sideBack {background-color: #C83B59}

.whiteLink {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #FFFFFF}

.whiteLink a:link {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #FFFFFF}

.whiteLink a:visited {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 10px;color: #FFFFFF}

.whiteLink a:hover {text-decoration : underline}

.bodyStory {background-color: #FFFAF0}

.aboutAc {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color: #4E1403;background-color: #FDECDB;font-size: 12px}

.backColour {background-color: #FFFBF4;border-right-width: 1px;border-right-style: solid;border-right-color: #F5C392}

5. Add $mymenu# to where ever you like on your template.

OK. I solved my problem with the extra HTML at the top of my pages.

Basically, I should've RTFM update.txt (it's in the zipped update from April 14th). There are step by step instructions to modify both the column_left.php and footer.php. After that, everything worked as expected.

------------------------------------------

- catalog/includes/column_left.php

-> change the if-construct at the beginning:

// START STS 4.1

if ($sts->display_template_output) {

$sts->stop_capture();

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sts_inc/sts_column_left.php');

} else {

// END STS 4.1

- catalog/includes/footer.php

-> change also the if-construct at the beginning:

// START STS 4.1

if ($sts->display_template_output) {

$sts->stop_capture();

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sts_inc/sts_footer.php');

} else {

// END STS 4.1

Thanks again! (not getting any answer to my post made me suspect I should've dug a little deeper)

Hi

Using this contrib, is it possible to show sub category images on every product page. I want to put products in a sub cat but allow the customer to simply click on another sub cat image to show what products are in that too.

Idea is shown here Idea

Boxes on the right are the sub cats, with the section headed 'Films' showing the products within that sub cat. Ideally the image in the second column will be an full pic of the sub cat image.

(posted this elsewhere but result seems ellusive :( )

Thanks

W

Edited by Wired PSF

Hi, i need some help. might be pretty simple, but this is new to me, so i'm still learning.

i did a fresh install of OS Commerce (amazing program!)

it did not work, because Register_Globals on my shared host is disabled. So I searched and found the contrib to fix that.

I installed the Register_Globals fix, and everything is working PERFECT (so far).

I wanted to use my own layout template, so then I downloaded and installed STS 4.1 contrib.

After I installed it, it stopped working because it says REGISTER_GLOBALS is turned off.

So, i re-installed the contrib for the Register_Globals fix, and then it hosed everything.

Is there anyway to run with Register_Globals OFF and STS?

Thanks.

[EDIT]

I've tried to search the topic, but it doesn't seem to work. and when i try to "print topic" it doesn't go very far out of the 149 pages in here... [/EDIT]

Edited by tatsumaki2000

Hi Guys

Unusual question but maybe someone here could possibly help me please.

Is it possible to link a "$" command to an image so that when a user clicks on the image it loads the appropriate "$" command?

I have a simple (i hope) question relating to the STS Template system version 3,

where can you specify what stylesheet the content of the STS template use. I find if I specify the stylesheet in the catelog directory it only effects the sts template text but not the text in the various fields ie $content $categories etc.... they seem to be controlled by the stylesheet in the root directory of the website!

Can I specify different text color for the content of the $categories box and a different color for the $content text? the categories text I want white on a blue background (background is set) and the content text is black on a white background.

At the moment the text is all black.

Any help would be appricated!!

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to figure out what I need to download at this point to do a proper install. Do I download and install Simple Template System (STS) v3.00 Beta 2

and then every update since then to fix everything??? Please tell me exactly what I should be downloading and installing. Thanks!

Jody

I have installed STS. I have created a custom template, but the header from the default OSCommerce template is being displayed at the top of my webpages. Any idea what's going on? I bet this is a simple fix.

Thanks,

Ryan