• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I mean that the product listing layout is built inside a php file, STS only reads the result. You can remove some columns and change their order from the admin, but if you want something really different then you have to make php code of find a contribution that do what you want.

:D do they really think that all shops made with STS are running on unmodified osC without extra contributions?? You can install nearly all contributions, but you have to understand how to create the extra variables you may need. There is an example in sts_user_code.php.

For the CSS I don't know, I'm not expert.

- Rigadin

^^ thanks for your help. ill try to figure to make them look different. if i have any question, ill post here

Edited by 241

i use sts and layout all my store pages with tableless css to define styling of all store pages. The only tables rendered are those output when you call up any osCommerce boxes, nevertheless, those boxes are located inside CSS Divs. I will provide you links to a contribution I am developing showing how you can do this.

ok then i am looking forward to contributions link so i can start working on sts_template quickly. i have only one month to finish the store website :( I have no clue where to start from. I do not really like tables. Thats why I asked about possibility of using css div instead of css table.

thanks very much :thumbsup:

hello dreamlex and Rigadin,

just uploaded the tableless CSS template contribution. CSS is the standard in separating styling from content in commercial websites. Tableless is far more search engine friendly than tables. Hopefuly osCommerce MS 3 base application will move towards tableless CSS and away from tables.

tableless CSS template , let me know what you think

No onstall of header controller is necessary.

1) did you add lines in your /catalog/includes/configure.php file from the STS configure-sample.php

//STS ADD: Define Template System files

8 lines below

// STS :EOADD

2) Be sure to hace sts_template.html in catalog/includes folder

3) Be sure to add catalog/includes/sts_templates/index.php

Sorry again, before it worked fine, but once i add index.php.html in sts_templates, i am back to the same msg - Template file doesn't exist: []Can't open Template file: []. i dont understand what is wrong.

I downloaded STS Jan 4th edition from the contributions page. I followed the easy setup guides.

When I go to the sts_templates.html page I see only a chart with the labels. There is no content.

$cataloglogo $myaccountlogo $cartlogo $checkoutlogo

$breadcrumbs $myaccountlogoff | $cartcontents | $checkout

$catmenu $catmenu

$categorybox

$manufacturerbox

...ect.....ect................................

Where do I go from here? Thanks, Jennifer

Sorry again, before it worked fine, but once i add index.php.html in sts_templates, i am back to the same msg - Template file doesn't exist: []Can't open Template file: []. i dont understand what is wrong.

be sure to keep a copy of sts_templates.html inside catlog/includes/ folder, as I indicated, sts_templates.html and catlog/includes/sts_templates/index.phph.html are identical for me

These are the only 3 errors I am getting after my isntallation with STS.. somebody please help if possible?

Thanks!

Notice: Undefined index: no_sts in D:\www\includes\application_top.php on line 18

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\www\includes\application_top.php:18) in D:\www\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\www\includes\application_top.php:18) in D:\www\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

I've been using STS 2.0 for some time and have recently decided to use custom templates for each category. In the read me file, it discusses creating custom category templates. I must be missing something, because I can't seem to get it to work.

I created a sts_templates folder under includes. For a category index.php?cPath=24, I created a template index.php_24.html and placed it in the sts_templates folder.

However, the category doesn't display the custom template.

I am using the Ultimate SEO URLs contribution. Is that the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Tis, but I'm the only one that uses it. Does that count? Anyways you can can get just about any contrib rolled in under STS without much trouble is the point. About the only ones that require work on STS are things that add new boxes and even then it's just a matter of defining new template tags.

Iggy

This e.volve version works fine right? is there any known bug with it? It is scam? It has most of the contri i need and i don't wanot to intall them one by one.

Please report if it is save to use. Thanks

Hello,

i just installed STS and it's great.

i do have one problem... i am making multilanguage shop with hebrew among the languages.

for the hebrew i need the store to flip to the right side. left coloumn to the right, text align to the right etc...

though it works automaticly with the original OSC store since i installed STS it doesn't flip anymore.

Can you help me please?

thanks

Newbie here. I have modified and added a few minor contrib's.

I have just added STS Plus to the site. When I go into Admin and turn on the templates (still default template...have not changed anything) it looks like this:

http://www.groganjewelers.com/WAY1.jpg

normally it looks like this:

http://www.groganjewelers.com/WAY2.jpg

the site can be seen here:

https://host343.ipowerweb.com/~groganje/osC...b9debe9b6d53854

What am I missing? I checked the install twice and even backed up the sts template and changed it in Dreamweaver...nothing changed at all. I then put all originall template files back in place and came here to read. Still don't have any answers. I can post code or whatever if needed.

TIA,

dobsey

dobsey,

this is the support forum for [contribution] STS, you should post questions about STS PLUS at STS Plus Contribution Support Forum

Hello all! I have this killer piece of work running on my site just fine. I am looking to use the "simple search box in nav bar" contribution to put a very basic searchbox in the navigation bar rather than having it in a box.... The problem I am having is an "object expected" error and the search button not functioning. If anyone has a quick fix for this or a different contribution for the navbar searchbox thatd be awsome... Thanks

Hello,

I'm working with osc MS2.2 and STS v3. Using only the STS_template.html

Everything works perfect, but i have one problem.

When i click on a link such as the "click to enlarge", i get a popup containing the template..

(this happens on all popups)

I have been reading all 144 pages and i think i'm gonna cry..

i saw a lot of solutions but none of them worked for me.

I've been working on this problem for over 2 weeks now and really don't know were to look anymore.

I hope that someone can help me with this one.

The link of my site is : My Webpage

Thanks, Marco

(and sorry for the bad english..)

Hello all! I have this killer piece of work running on my site just fine. I am looking to use the "simple search box in nav bar" contribution to put a very basic searchbox in the navigation bar rather than having it in a box.... The problem I am having is an "object expected" error and the search button not functioning. If anyone has a quick fix for this or a different contribution for the navbar searchbox thatd be awsome... Thanks

The answer to your question is available at knowledgebase, it is in Tips & Tricks 55 here. Good luck.

I get an error when trying the php & html osc_draw_ ... definition

Thanks for your help

I too got a fatal error with osc_draw_input_field function , it appears to be old code defined elsewhere. I use an html form search so I never used the combined php & html version. Suggest that you use the

<form name="quick_find" method="get" action="http://www.example.com/advanced_search_result.php">

<input type="text" name="keywords" size="10" maxlength="30" value="" style="width: 115px">

<input type="hidden" name="search_in_description" value="1">

<input type="submit" value="go">

<a href="http://www.example.com/advanced_search.php">Advanced Search</a></form>

Hello,

I'm working with osc MS2.2 and STS v3. Using only the STS_template.html

Everything works perfect, but i have one problem.

When i click on a link such as the "click to enlarge", i get a popup containing the template..

(this happens on all popups)

I have been reading all 144 pages and i think i'm gonna cry..

i saw a lot of solutions but none of them worked for me.

I've been working on this problem for over 2 weeks now and really don't know were to look anymore.

I hope that someone can help me with this one.

The link of my site is : My Webpage

Thanks, Marco

(and sorry for the bad english..)

Marco,

you are missing the $headcontent variable inside the <head> tags , add the following line to sts_template.html and any other sts template files you have created just inside the <head> tags and before <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" ....etc..

<!--$headcontent-->
let me know if this works for you.

Marco,

you are missing the $headcontent variable inside the <head> tags , add the following line to sts_template.html and any other sts template files you have created just inside the <head> tags and before <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" ....etc..

let me know if this works for you.

Hi Deano,

I've looked for the $headcontent and it's already there,

I've tried <!--$headcontent--> and $headcontent, both give no result.

Here is my sts_template.html, personally i think the problem is somewhere in the sts_display_output.php

But all the help is welcome ;)

Thanks for your help, Marco

<html>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="$templatepath/sts_osc_javascript.js"></SCRIPT>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatepath/stylesheet.css">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><title>$title</title></head>

<body>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

<tr class="header">

<td><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> $cataloglogo</font></td>

</tr>

</table>

<font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">

</font>

<tr class="headerNavigation">

<td><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Home I $cartcontents I $checkout </font></td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<tr>

<td width="141" valign="top">

<p><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">$categorybox</font></p>

<p><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">$login_box</font></p>

<p><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">$informationbox</font></p>

</td>

<td width="697" valign="top">

<p>$content</p>

</td>

<td width="137" valign="top">

<p><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> $cartbox</font></p>

<p><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> $bestsellersbox</font></p>

<p><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">$specialfriendbox</font></p>

<p><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">$searchbox</font></p>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<tr>

<td><div align="center"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">$footer</font></div></td>

</tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

Hi Deano,

I've looked for the $headcontent and it's already there,

I've tried <!--$headcontent--> and $headcontent, both give no result.

Here is my sts_template.html, personally i think the problem is somewhere in the sts_display_output.php

But all the help is welcome ;)

Thanks for your help, Marco

Marco,

Your site has popWindow function located in sts_osc_javascript.js working ok, it just is not opening the correct $productsid

1. Your product_info.php.html file has one wrong href, change:
    <a href="java script:popupWindow('http://sts.diamondsea.com/sts3/popup_image.php?pID=$productsid')">
    to
    <a href="java script:popupWindow('http://www.buttonsonline.nl/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=$productsid')">
  2. in sts_osc_javascript.js, I reccomend to remove unnecessay lines 1 & line 94
    line 1: <script language="javascript"><!--
    line 94: //--></script>

let me know how it works after making these changes.

Marco,

Your site has popWindow function located in sts_osc_javascript.js working ok, it just is not opening the correct $productsid

1. Your product_info.php.html file has one wrong href, change:
    <a href="java script:popupWindow('http://sts.diamondsea.com/sts3/popup_image.php?pID=$productsid')">
    to
    <a href="java script:popupWindow('http://www.buttonsonline.nl/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=$productsid')">

2. in sts_osc_javascript.js, I reccomend to remove unnecessay lines 1 & line 94
    line 1: <script language="javascript"><!--
    line 94: //--></script>

let me know how it works after making these changes.

Hi Deano,

I've changed the link in the product_info.php.html and deleted the lines in sts_osc_javascript.js.

But the problem still remains... I think i am going mad..

really don't have any clue anymore.

Thanks, Marco

I've got a bit of a problem with my stylesheet. I've updated it locally in dreamweaver and updated it onto the server. Within dreamweaver it alters the sts_template.html but when i actually upload the files and then view a page it doesn't show the changes I made to the template. I've checked the source of the page and the html is pointing to the stylesheet but it just doesn't seem to be using it.

Has anyone got any ideas what I've done wrong?

fazer6 & marcom,

turn debugging and version output on to troubleshoot your STS installation. go to /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php and find

/////////////////////////////////////////////

// SELECT HOW TO DISPLAY THE OUTPUT

/////////////////////////////////////////////

$display_template_output = 1;

$display_normal_output = 0;

$display_debugging_output = 0; // change to 1

$display_version_output = 0; // change to 1

and ftp back up to your server. then test your catalog and product info pages. if template path is found it should will say:

Checking for Template: includes/sts_template.html -> Found

Checking for Template: includes/sts_templates/index.php.html -> Found

Active Template is [includes/sts_templates/index.php.html]

Deano,

I've put debugging on (you can still see it on my site), but i can't find anything wrong.

The only thing i can find is :

STS_VERSION=[3.00 Beta 2]

OSC_VERSION=[osCommerce 2.2-MS2]

Checking for Template: includes/sts_templates/mysite/sts_template.html -> Found

Checking for Template: includes/sts_templates/mysite/php.html -> Not Found

Active Template is [includes/sts_templates/mysite/sts_template.html]

For the complete debugging please view my site..

I read the whole page but can't find anything that causes the problem.

And thanks again for your help.

Marco