• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I have been chasing a java error for a week, and have traced it to something with the java from the STS(I think). The error is

Error: document.checkout_address.shipping has no properties
Source File: http://www.boattube.com/store/checkout_shipping.php
Line: 31

That line is a java function that is standard osC code for radio button selection, in every single osC store I have ever worked with(character for character), so that code itself is not the problem.

I beleive this may be coming from the call

get_javascript(applicationtop2header)

from "sts_display_output.php" but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any idea which file this is? I see that I can comment out the java and uncomment the stylesheet to load instead of the java(which isn't really a bad thing since the java can throw errors for no good reason sometimes), but java is the preferred method.

Appreciate any suggestions, and STS is soooooooo much simpler to work with than BTS, I'm not sure why anyone would choose BTS over STS.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Second problem is with the contrib "Down for Maintenance". When the site's down it only displays an empty template content frame and no "down for maintenance text" as configured in admin, except the breadcrumb pointing to down for maintenance title.

As both worked fine before adding the STS contrib and the template, I'm quite sure it has something to do with STS and/or my installation. Maybe I forgot something, but driving me nuts since 3 days? :blink:

Stefan

Did you or has anyone else managed to get down for maintenance working under STS???

why does $content breaks out of the center column in my CSS layout based template?

See how pics render correctly in center column of template here but $content breaks the center column there . Note that $content breaks out of center column regardless of what page you are calling: catalog, category, privacy, conditions, etc.

thanks for your tips

one more question, could you comment on how thumbnail contributions effect STS layouts? which one of these image contributions are favored?

Second problem is with the contrib "Down for Maintenance". When the site's down it only displays an empty template content frame and no "down for maintenance text" as configured in admin, except the breadcrumb pointing to down for maintenance title.

If you are using the "Down for Maintenance" contribution which allows to disable the left and right columns when in maintenance mode, you must enable them. If you don't want to see these columns, create a template without, only for this contribution.

- Rigadin

Edited by 241

why does $content breaks out of the center column in my CSS layout based template?

See how pics render correctly in center column of template here but $content breaks the center column there . Note that $content breaks out of center column regardless of what page you are calling: catalog, category, privacy, conditions, etc.

thanks for your tips

I'm not a user of CSS layouts, but I'm wondering how it works together with tables? STS adds a lot of tables, like in $contents for example. When I have this kind of problem, I save the result of the page to an html file and use this file in my editor to figure out where is the problem.

- Rigadin

I'm not a user of CSS layouts, but I'm wondering how it works together with tables? STS adds a lot of tables, like in $contents for example. When I have this kind of problem, I save the result of the page to an html file and use this file in my editor to figure out where is the problem.

- Rigadin

Yes STS output is in tables. The $content is called up in a center column of my CSS layout but as you can ses the STS format for $content overrides my CSS. I am sure there are users out there who have run into this problem. Do you go into the $content of each page and revise table format or is there a global change which can be made somewhere else?

Hello

i've installed STS 3 and it works perfectly.

now i would like to install another contibution where i have to do changes in product_info.php

I see that STS has its own product.info.php.html file and also something like sts_product_info.php.

so it's not clear for me where should i do this changes? in which file? thanks for help in this issue.

Hello

i've installed STS 3 and it works perfectly.

now i would like to install another contibution where i have to do changes in product_info.php

I see that STS has its own product.info.php.html file and also something like sts_product_info.php.

so it's not clear for me where should i do this changes? in which file? thanks for help in this issue.

Edit file: /catalog/includes/sts_templates/product.info.php.html to layout product info with defined $variables

Edit file: /catalog/product_info.php to alter content and output of those $variables

sorry if i am stupid or something. i read brian's instructions.. i dont get it at all. i am a newbie. i know i install all files in /catalog/includes/..

then am i supposed to edit sts_template.html only? or ?

thanks

Hi dreamlex,

yes you definitey can use CSS with STS. I prefer to link to stylesheets in the STS html files. As for specific files structure, look at this post

goodluck

ok, so i installed files right, but when i refreshed browser, it said - Template file doesn't exist: []Can't open Template file: []. what does it mean?

do i have to install header controller as well?

No onstall of header controller is necessary.

1) did you add lines in your /catalog/includes/configure.php file from the STS configure-sample.php

//STS ADD: Define Template System files

8 lines below

// STS :EOADD

2) Be sure to hace sts_template.html in catalog/includes folder

3) Be sure to add catalog/includes/sts_templates/index.php

sts_templates/index.php - i dont see it in folder that i downloaded. which file i shld make changes? is it sts_templates.html?

sorry dreamlex,

3) should say /catalog/includes/sts_templates/index.php.html

4)check that /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php has:

$display_template_output=1;

$display_normal_output=0;

$display_debugging_output=0;

sorry dreamlex,

3) should say /catalog/includes/sts_templates/index.php.html

4)check that /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php has:

$display_template_output=1;

$display_normal_output=0;

$display_debugging_output=0;

index.php.html -is not in folder either. Do i have to make a new file named index.php.html?

No, i mean, if i were to place things in specific places, where am i supposed to make changes? I am not sure abt this whole sts_template. i am new with php too.

index.php.html -is not in folder either. Do i have to make a new file named index.php.html?

No, i mean, if i were to place things in specific places, where am i supposed to make changes? I am not sure abt this whole sts_template. i am new with php too.

copy sts_templates.html and place it in catalog/includes/sts_templates/ and name it index.php.html

copy sts_templates.html and place it in catalog/includes/sts_templates/ and name it index.php.html

ok and you still have not answered my question though - if i were to change the look (put anything anywhere around the page), i go to index.php.html or sts_templates.html to edit? right?

ok and you still have not answered my question though - if i were to change the look (put anything anywhere around the page), i go to index.php.html or sts_templates.html to edit? right?

those two files are identical for me, but I think they can be different. It is required that they exist

Edited by avail1now

... if i were to change the look (put anything anywhere around the page), i go to index.php.html or sts_templates.html to edit? right?

sts_template.html is the default template, it will be used for pages that do not have a specific template. You don't need other template to make STS work, but all your pages will have same look.

If you want to make index.php a bit different than other pages, you can create index.php.html and it will be used for all categories. You can also start to make different templates for each category. Same with product_info.php where you can have one template for all products, as well as a different template for each product.

But: The middle of the page where the important informations show up, commonly called 'content', is coming from the php script. If you want to change the layout of the product list in on index.php page, you'll have to change php code. The only exception to that is for the product_info.php page, there is a way to build the content with placeholders too.

I think you should start to work with the default template only, to get used to STS, then start to make more templates. That's only my opinion.

- Rigadin

Edited by 241

Thank you so much, Rigadin for tips, ok i will start with default template then. Last 2 question - you say if i change layout of the product list, i have to change php code -- you mean i have to do codes for layout in product list file?

And i read in forum that it is not possible to install contributions if users use sts contribution - is it true? Is it possible to use CSS instead of tables in sts template? I am bad with tables.

thanks

Edited by dreamlex

Thank you so much, Rigadin for tips, ok i will start with default template then. Last 2 question - you say if i change layout of the product list, i have to change php code -- you mean i have to do codes for layout in product list file?

And i read in forum that it is not possible to install contributions if users use sts contribution - is it true? Is it possible to use CSS instead of tables in sts template? I am bad with tables.

thanks

i use sts and layout all my store pages with tableless css to define styling of all store pages. The only tables rendered are those output when you call up any osCommerce boxes, nevertheless, those boxes are located inside CSS Divs. I will provide you links to a contribution I am developing showing how you can do this.

I mean that the product listing layout is built inside a php file, STS only reads the result. You can remove some columns and change their order from the admin, but if you want something really different then you have to make php code of find a contribution that do what you want.

:D do they really think that all shops made with STS are running on unmodified osC without extra contributions?? You can install nearly all contributions, but you have to understand how to create the extra variables you may need. There is an example in sts_user_code.php.

For the CSS I don't know, I'm not expert.

- Rigadin

Edited by 241