• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi everybody

I'm back in business again first of all vivaxone you could change the $title variable to anything you want just like normal <title>your own title</title> and now i have a question for you all also is there any possibility to create a template for eacht language seperately?

or do i just have to use just 1 language :P

Hi

I have just done a clean install of OSC 2.2, and have downloaded sts and followed the instructions to install it.

I am still getting the following error

Warning: main(STS_START_CAPTURE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/ittinit.co.uk/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 511

Warning: main(STS_START_CAPTURE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/ittinit.co.uk/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 511

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_START_CAPTURE' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/ittinit.co.uk/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 511

even though I have made the changes to the config.php file.

Any ideas? I have previously run an OSC store sucessfully, but have redesigned my entire site http://www.intotouch.co.uk and want to use STS to allow me to match the store to the rest of the site.

Cheers

Marc

Hi!

I have not too many products. I'm using STS and would like to know if there is a way of showing the products as in the categorybox, but just the products directly not the categories.

Actually I don't need the categories, but if I create new products not inside one category they won't show.

Any ideas to workaround this small problem?

Thanks!

Sorry, further to my post above, I meant to say that I get these errors no matter what version of sts I install (I have tried all from 1.3 through 3.0b2)

I have also double checked, and I have copied the necessary modifications into the configure.php file (and uploaded the updated file :P ).

Hears hoping for a quick, relatively painless resolution, as I am aiming to take my site completely live over the holiday period to take advantage of the increase in sales directly afterwards :)

Thanks again

Marc

im sorry i am not contacting you with a solution just to say that i am having the exact same problems. I have been doing some research and have found that there are a lot of us who cannot get this sts to work at all, and some who have tried to install every version available and have not had any success. I am in need of answers too but its not looking good.

How would I go about displaying the number of products in the shopping cart and their current total?

I do not want to list the contents, but something simple like 'Items in Shopping Cart: 5 | Total: $547.00'.

Can anyone help me out. I am new to OSC and found STS as the easiest way to integrate with my own website template. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

How would I go about displaying the number of products in the shopping cart and their current total?

I do not want to list the contents, but something simple like 'Items in Shopping Cart: 5 | Total: $547.00'.

Can anyone help me out. I am new to OSC and found STS as the easiest way to integrate with my own website template. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

There is a contribution, very easy to install to let you integrate a line in your header. The line will be like that : "Your cart contains: 1 item. Total price: $527.10" It`s multilanguage, so you can adapt the text in the language you desire or change the text as what you want.

It`s work great with STS Template ... I use this in my shop.

So, you will find the contribution here : Shopping cart in header

Good work ...

If someone knows something about using Wolfen Feature Sts with STS, it will be a great help for me ...

B)

I am having some issues with the way STS is setting the headcontent base href. I am using STS 3.0 beta and I see the code to set it is this bit:

$template['headcontent'] .= '<base href="' . (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . "\n";

BUT, it's always using the HTTPS_SERVER to set the base. See http://www.hulasupplycenter.com/catalog/ and take a look at the source code.

It isn't a huge thing, but it is noticable when you go to click a relative link and it switches to the secure server (ie when you switch between english and japanese).

----------------------------------------------------

The javascript syntax error issue that some of us have had:

on the sts_osc_javascript.js I removed the:

<script language="javascript"><!--

at the top and the:

//--></script>

from the bottom of the file.

Alane

Hello

is it possible to have something like that >> link here (it`s not my store) in using STS ?

I tried to install Wolfen Feature Sets but it doesn`t work >> the new_product box has disapeared ... What I want is to change the new_product and product_listing with table around the product like this website ...

Hi,

STS does not modify the style of the product listing, so if you want to modify the look of your listing, you have to modify index.php and/or the module product_listing.php. There are some contributions doing that.

- Rigadin

Edited by 241

Hi

I have just done a clean install of OSC 2.2, and have downloaded sts and followed the instructions to install it.

I am still getting the following error

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_START_CAPTURE' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/ittinit.co.uk/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 511

even though I have made the changes to the config.php file.

Any ideas? I have previously run an OSC store sucessfully, but have redesigned my entire site http://www.intotouch.co.uk and want to use STS to allow me to match the store to the rest of the site.

Cheers

Marc

Hi,

Looks like some definitions are missing from your configure.php file.

Look at the end of the file configure-SAMPLE.php delivered with the STS contribution, there are few lines that need to be copied into your configure.php (in the catalog/includes/ folder).

- Rigadin

Edited by 241

Hi Rigadin

Thanks for getting back to me, but as I had stated - I have already transferred the definitions (all of them!).

Cheers

Marc

Ps. I have now tried this 4 times...

Hi Rigadin

Thanks for getting back to me, but as I had stated - I have already transferred the definitions (all of them!).

Cheers

Marc

Ps. I have now tried this 4 times...

Sorry, I read quite fast these topics.

Do you have a configure.php file in the folder includes/local ? If it exists, you should also add the definitions there.

- Rigadin

Hi, Im trying to get some extra buttons for the top of my website (like amazon). Ive coded them into sts_display_output.php, filenames.php, english.php and of course the template. It all works fine except if I try to use a cPath as the link eg index.php?cPath=1. If I try to do this it it seems to format the link wrong

with sts

meccanoman.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1?osCsid=5b0811d89ddf6e8feedbb2bc8610f6df

a normal category link

meccanoman.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=5b0811d89ddf6e8feedbb2bc8610f6df

the difference seems to be its using a ? instead of a & after cPath=1

The link still works but it dumps the contents of the cart (it presumably looses the session)

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm supposed to be going live tommorrow at midnight!!!

The website is

Meccanoman

Many thanks in advance

Ian

Hi, Im trying to get some extra buttons for the top of my website (like amazon). Ive coded them into sts_display_output.php, filenames.php, english.php and of course the template. It all works fine except if I try to use a cPath as the link eg index.php?cPath=1. If I try to do this it it seems to format the link wrong

with sts

meccanoman.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1?osCsid=5b0811d89ddf6e8feedbb2bc8610f6df

a normal category link

meccanoman.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=5b0811d89ddf6e8feedbb2bc8610f6df

the difference seems to be its using a ? instead of a & after cPath=1

The link still works but it dumps the contents of the cart (it presumably looses the session)

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm supposed to be going live tommorrow at midnight!!!

The website is

Meccanoman

Many thanks in advance

Ian

Ok never mind I made the buttons in the template with &$sid at the end of the path and it worked fine!

Hi again one more thing hopefully someone might be able to help with!

in sts_user_code.php there is a handy bit of code that allows you to use a dropdown menu. this is great except it doesnt add a sid to the path of the categories, which means that when you use it it drops the contents of the shopping cart. I'll post the code below maybe someone can tell me how to change it so that it adds a sid when it builds the url

<?php

/*

$Id: sts_user_code.php,v 1.2 2004/02/05 05:57:21 jhtalk Exp jhtalk $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

/*

Simple Template System (STS) - Copyright © 2004 Brian Gallagher - [email protected]

*/

// PUT USER MODIFIED CODE IN HERE, SUCH AS NEW BOXES, ETC.

// The following code is a sample of how to add new boxes easily.

// Just uncomment block below and tweak for your needs!

// Use as many blocks as you need and just change the block names.

// $sts_block_name = 'newthingbox';

// require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

// require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'new_thing_box.php');

// require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

// $template['newthingbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['newthingbox'], 'newthingbox');

$sts_block_name = 'catmenu';

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

echo "\n<!-- Start Category Menu -->\n";

echo tep_draw_form('goto', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get', '');

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

echo "</form>\n";

echo "<!-- End Category Menu -->\n";

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);

$template['catmenu'] = $sts_block['catmenu'];

function tep_get_category_tree($parent_id = '0', $spacing = '', $exclude = '', $category_tree_array = '', $include_itself = false) {

global $languages_id;

if (!is_array($category_tree_array)) $category_tree_array = array();

if ( (sizeof($category_tree_array) < 1) && ($exclude != '0') ) $category_tree_array[] = array('id' => '0', 'text' => "Catalog");

if ($include_itself) {

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$parent_id . "'");

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

$category_tree_array[] = array('id' => $parent_id, 'text' => $category['categories_name']);

}

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$parent_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {

if ($exclude != $categories['categories_id']) $category_tree_array[] = array('id' => $categories['categories_id'], 'text' => $spacing . $categories['categories_name']);

$category_tree_array = tep_get_category_tree($categories['categories_id'], $spacing . '???', $exclude, $category_tree_array);

}

return $category_tree_array;

}

?>

Many thanks

Ian

I know this has been asked before, but I haven't seen an answer . . .

Do any of you who have upgraded from 2.01 to 3.00 beta 2 have any suggestions about the "best" way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Mkaiserfl,

plz see this post , basically remeber to use winmerge.

Good luck

This is a repeat request see here

Cheers all, I have asked this before and have yet to figure this out. Maybe Mr. Brian Gallagher can comment too.

Suppose you wanted both tableless layout and total control of styling of data reported in the boxes of both basic osCommerce template as well as that in the STS contribution, how would you go about achieving it?

For example, I have found that STS helps one avoid php so long as you still wish to use the infoboxes. Once you try to style the infoboxes themselves, you wind up having to edit the source php all over again. In essence, having to edit three files, the .html STS file, the .php file, and finally the .css file.

How can one use CSS2.1 tableless stylesheets to control layout and styling of every aspect of user interface with osCommerce most efficiently?

Any recommended tableless layout sites to look at?

thx again

Hi,

This is an incredibly long thread. I've looked at the first couple of pages and the last couple. I don't have any errors or anything - I'm just after some tips for where/how to begin using STS!

Edited by mpm

Hi there,

before I want to implement either STS3 or STS Plus, I'm looking for an answer for my question, what to do, if I have contributions like wolfen featured sets (WFS)or ultra image addon included.

WFS is displaying an infobox on some pages, if you have a featured product for example.

Ultra Image addon adds six new images to the product_info.php.

How do I have to take care of that ?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas