• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Can someone PLEASE help me with my previous issue of my images not showing?

the only way I can see them is if I go to http://localhost/oscommerce/catalog/includ...s_template.html

But then none of the other stuff displays..

If i go to http://localhost/oscommerce/catalog/

I can see everything but my image up the top ( the banner) wont display, please someone help me out?

Cheers,

:(

Edited by Benji01

The STS contribution uses HTML/CSS tables to layout pages. I prefer to use CSS box positioning to layout pages. Is there a contribution available to utilize CSS box positioning instead of tables? If there is no contribution, how have you converted table layout to box layout?

avail1now,

Not sure how to do CSS box positioning, I have been using tables and cells, which I think is your second question.

You can check out the two sites I am building and the sts_template.html and see how I have been using cells where I want an infobox to be positioned.

https://www.lethalpublishing.com/

https://www.lethalpublishing.com/includes/sts_template.html

http://www.christianscififantasycentral.com/

http://www.christianscififantasycentral.co...s_template.html

If that wasn't your question, sorry, I misunderstood.

avail1now,

Not sure how to do CSS box positioning, I have been using tables and cells, which I think is your second question.

Very nice work Leathal you have done with it. Yes, I can see that you are using tables to layout your pages. I would like to avoid tables and instead use CSS box positioning and then call the variables inside the defined boxes instead of inside cells of a table.

Hi Leathel,

I did try what you suggested, the problem is I have ran out of time to do this site .. I gave up on it last night on this site as it was for a client. This is not STS's fualt or oscommerce its is just the time and coming from newver doing somthing like this to client asking for this this and that, I couldn't finsh it. If I can't even get my pictures to display I obivusally can't am not smart enough to figure out some of the harder stuff os commerce sites.

If you ever do maybe find what could have been wrong with these images not diplaying, please do tell, otherwise I am no longer in a rush. Thanks for your time and help mate.

Cheers

Benji

Edited by Benji01

For a new install of this template system , which file should i download and install. I've loked in the contrib section and it's not very clear. the only one that says "full package" has a note to say do not download ? huh?

very confusing

any help

cheers

No help here then ?

I guess i'll leave this one alone and do it the old skool way .....136 page support thread ? WOW

Hello there

I was just wondering what categories menu is nice to use, and a easy one to put up is always great. That works with all the explorers.

And one more thing, can it be that this STS system do something with this popup window on products. It wont work. I get an java error when you push it for some strange reasen.

Bj?rn

Anyone can figure out how i can make two templates, one with the simple sts_template and other with a type of client support.

The new template hide categories menu and products and only show a new menu with (shipping, returns, payments, faqs).

Regards,

KUBICO from Portugal

I have just added STS 3, and thanks btw!!. I have everything running smoothly now, except for one thing, and its driving me bonkers!!!!! From the main page of my store I get this error:

Error.JPG

and I cant figure it out!! I have posted the code from catalog/index.php, if one of the gurus are so inclined, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!! (I know it says line 2, character , but I posted the whole code, just in case)

Did you resolve this? I've just installed STS 3 and got the same thing.

Also what abotu the product info page where it has like the model printed, title, price and descritpion, are there variables for me to be abel to do taht for each product? cause i only see where i can print $content and it puts everything in the default way that osc comes with, anyboyd help pleasE?

I have just added STS 3, and thanks btw!!. I have everything running smoothly now, except for one thing, and its driving me bonkers!!!!! From the main page of my store I get this error:

Error.JPG

and I cant figure it out!! I have posted the code from catalog/index.php, if one of the gurus are so inclined, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!! (I know it says line 2, character , but I posted the whole code, just in case)

THanks

Anyone find the answer to this please?

Cheers..

I have a little problem.

STS works fine, however. On the productinfo page, i get an javascript error and when i try to click the "Enlarge Picture" nothing happens.

What can be wrong?

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

Edited by woosah

I'm really sorry if this question has been answered before. I know others have had similar problems, but trawling the forum hasn't helped me.

A clean install of OSCommerce, works fine. I try to install the awesome STS contrib. (which I have used before with no problems) and am confronted with the following messages:

Warning: main(STS_START_CAPTURE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux199/t/trialsite.biz/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 511

Warning: main(STS_START_CAPTURE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux199/t/trialsite.biz/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 511

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_START_CAPTURE' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/fhlinux199/t/trialsite.biz/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 511

I have followed the steps in the readme, uploading the new files to the catalog/include directory with chmod777, and adding the required statements to the configure.php file. I also tried using (& renaming) the configure-SAMPLE.php file and re-entering my configuration settings. This produced the same error.

Any pointers will be of great help.

Thanks, Michael.

Hello there

I was just wondering what categories menu is nice to use, and a easy one to put up is always great. That works with all the explorers.

And one more thing, can it be that this STS system do something with this popup window on products. It wont work. I get an java error when you push it for some strange reasen.

Bj?rn

Hey Bj?rn,

After some hours searching i finally found a solution to our common problem. Add this code to your template html and it will work like a charm. :thumbsup:

Cheers /Bj?rn

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
window.open(url,'popupWindow',& #39;toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
eft=150')
}
//--></script>

Edited by woosah

Error.JPG

THanks

On opening up the files using "notepad" i see lots of strange square boxes. I.E.

screen_print.jpg

All files in the diamond sea sets have these strange characters. No other contribs have these that i have found.

Hope maybe that helps track down this problem.

Cheers.

Viking

Just posting a fix for anyone who might need it. :)

It took me quite a while to figure out why the category/product info templates weren't working for me. The default template worked perfectly, but nothing else did. After some debugging (which was made MUCH easier thanks to the included debugging options!) I finally found the culprit.

My host (Dreamhost) uses PHP-CGI, thus causing $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] to return "php.cgi" instead of the actual script name. On every page, STS was looking for (and couldn't find) a "php.cgi.html" template instead of the actual template name - "product_info.php.html" for example.

Easy fix! Just make this change (instead of turning off PHP-CGI if that's an option) and you're good to go.

File: catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

Line: 47 or so

Change:

$scriptname = getenv('SCRIPT_NAME');

to

$scriptname = getenv('SCRIPT_URL');

That should do it. :)

In your sts template does this line exist

<!--$headcontent-->

?

Iggy

Yes, I have that line, and below it calls the .css information. I haven't edited the file at all.

Sorry for the WAY late response. Thanks for the help so far.

Have you uploaded all these pages and checked it out through a server?

Yes, I will show you the actual link.

(Ignore the stupid domain name, I am doing this for a friend.)

http://www.chronicconnections.com/catalog/...s_template.html

Sorry again for the huge delay in my reponce to your help. :(

hi all

version:

STS_VERSION=[3.00 Beta 2]

OSC_VERSION=[osCommerce 2.2-MS2]

i have the same problem as others... on every page i get an error saying

line: 2

char: 1

error: syntax error

code: 0

now when i view the code its:

<!-- Page layout by Simple Template System (STS) v3.00 Beta 2 on osCommerce 2.2-MS2 - http://www.diamondsea.com/sts/ -->

STS_VERSION=[3.00 Beta 2]<br>

OSC_VERSION=[osCommerce 2.2-MS2]<br>

<!-- Using Template File [includes/sts_template.html) -->

any ideas what that is all about...?

Edited by Kiwifitness

hi all

version:

STS_VERSION=[3.00 Beta 2]

OSC_VERSION=[osCommerce 2.2-MS2]

i have the same problem as others... on every page i get an error saying

line: 2

char: 1

error: syntax error

code: 0

now when i view the code its:

<!-- Page layout by Simple Template System (STS) v3.00 Beta 2 on osCommerce 2.2-MS2 - http://www.diamondsea.com/sts/ -->

STS_VERSION=[3.00 Beta 2]<br>

OSC_VERSION=[osCommerce 2.2-MS2]<br>

<!-- Using Template File [includes/sts_template.html) -->

any ideas what that is all about...?

I just found this....

A few pages back in this thread