• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Sorry, I'm trying to keep up, but am plenty busy with my day to day workload to devote a whole lot of time on here... I'm trying.... :-)

- Brian

There is many questions about this contribution and problems, but not many answers.

Maybe people who find this contribution usefull should make a donation for Brian's time here.

Why don't you put up your paypal donation link man....

Please excuse me if this has been answered, but I've throughly searched the threads here and not found anything. I'm not familiar with STS, but have inherited a site that has it installed, so I'm "reverse" engineering here a bit. I need to install the dynamic site map on this site, and I'm really not sure what I will need to do to make it work to pull in the existing template. There is only one template, none of the other displays have been changed. I also want to install extra pages, but I don't want to install the actual contribution for that, just set up the pages using the method the original privacy docs.. etc was created.

Any pointers here would be of great help. I'm reading through the docs, but I'm not really sure what I need to do here to pull the layout into the new site map and the extra pages.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am not sure about the different languages thing, but for the shop by price, there is a contribution. It is very easy to use and works well. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1276

Sorry if I did not help at all. I may have misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Thanks. I know that but the prices are placed in a box, not in a drop down menu.

Anyway, even without 'shop by price', it would be a very nice feature to be able to use different templates for languages.

Can anyone tell me what are these errors related to? Am I missing something? :blink:

Everything works fine except for two pages where I get these errors:

Template file doesn't exist: []Can't open Template file: []

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/my/public_html/cat/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 178

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/my/public_html/cat/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 179

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/my/public_html/cat/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 198

Re. enlarge image not working - I realised that the link needed to be changed in the product_info.php.html file.

Just for anyone else having the same problem...

Im not sure if my problem is the same as yours or not... and being somewhat comprehensionally challanged, Im lost..

when using STS, .. the click for larger image link insists on loading the banner from the top of the page, rather than the product image.

im sure this is a pretty easy type fix -- but ive gone through the support stuff about five times now, and i see some with a similar (enlarged product image not showing) problem -- but i really am having difficulty sorting out the correct solution.

anyone feeling generous and care to put it in english? :D

many tia...

Can someone please explain to me how to use $langid in images to show different images depending on language?

Is it possible to use the same thing for templates, different templates depending on language?

Thanks.

Can someone please explain to me how to use $langid in images to show different images depending on language?

Is it possible to use the same thing for templates, different templates depending on language?

Thanks.

Hi Fredrik,

the variable is used to tell what image should be shown. You have to name your images accordingly so if you have for instance an image for english and another for german you would name your english image as: myimage1.gif and your german image as: myimage2.gif

The variable will place the correct image when viewing one language or another. The template could easily be the same for both languages.

I hope this helps.

;)

Hi,

What have I done wrong? I am still developing my osCommerce site using STS, and have come across a pretty fundamental problem. My index page, and the policy pages etc, are all looking fine, with images displaying correctly. However, as soon as I click on one of my categories, the images are no longer displayed correctly. As an example, one of the images URLs is http://www.mydomainname.com/shop/index.php..._right_left.gif.

Suggestions?

Really love the contribution and it has been working great for several sites we've built. The only issue we're having now and can't figure out if it's something we need to change with this contribution is:

We've recently installed a meta tags contribution which allows for different meta tags to be displayed for each category page. They are not showing up on the site because there are meta tags programmed into the STS_template page.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks

Hello,

I`m trying to install a DHTML Menu but it doesn`t work. The categories disapear .... I`m using STS Template ...what are the changes to do ?

Thank you for your help ...

Maybe you have the cache enabled at your site? If you do please disable it and it will work. If not I don't know what it might be <_<

Has anyone succeeded on showing the table customers who purchased this product also purchased with a custom sts_product_info template? Cause even at STS 3 beta it's not working... It just displays the table on top of the page before anything else.

Edited by Z3RatuL

There's a diference between living & BEING ALIVE!

That's it? Sorry, don't understand.. :) Please explain how to name the template files for use with for example swedish (language id 4).

Yes, that's it meaning that you can use the same template for both languages. You don't have to name them in any special way... the default sts templates that come along with the contrib. will do.

You just have to change the image names as the examples I posted before:

yourenglishimage1.gif

yourswedishimage4.gif

... and so on.

That's all.

Hello!

I installed STS template to my osc shop. But now the contribution "Category Meta Tags" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1176) doesn't work, now it doesn't change categories title, keywords and description with this one that i added in admin.

How to make it work with STS any ideas?

Somewhere around line 150 of "sts_display_output.php"

(not sure.. mine has been heavily modified)

Backup before Just in case !

Find This Code

------------------------------------------------------------------

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

}

Replace it with this code

-------------------------------------------------------------------

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

// MB: Added elseif clause to include meta tag contribution

} elseif (file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'meta_tags.php')) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'meta_tags.php');

} else {

echo "<title>" . TITLE . "</title>";

echo '<meta name="keywords" content="STS DEFINED DEFAULT KEYWORDS, MB">';

echo "\r\n";

echo '<meta name="description" content="STS DEFINED DEFAULT DESCRIPTION, MB">';

}

Edited by Taeo

Hi,

What have I done wrong? I am still developing my osCommerce site using STS, and have come across a pretty fundamental problem. My index page, and the policy pages etc, are all looking fine, with images displaying correctly. However, as soon as I click on one of my categories, the images are no longer displayed correctly. As an example, one of the images URLs is http://www.mydomainname.com/shop/index.php..._right_left.gif.

Suggestions?

Folks, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions here. I noticed the URL didn't display properly - it's

www.mydomainname.com/shop/index.php/cPath/images/infobox/corner_right_left.gif

Folks, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions here. I noticed the URL didn't display properly - it's

www.mydomainname.com/shop/index.php/cPath/images/infobox/corner_right_left.gif

I'm getting closer to understanding what is happening, but not why.

It only happens when I visit category links.

Example:

www.mydomainname.com/shop/index.php/cPath/21_22

is displayed instead of

www.mydomainname.com/shop/index.php?cPath=21_22

Any ideas?

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to osCommerce. I installed

it and also installed STS so I can easily

change the look of my shop.

But when I run the shop, after a clean installation

including STS it already gives me an error.

I guess in the index.php

I have installed osCommerce without STS before

and it ran error free.

I included a screenshot of the error box, maybe

somebody could help me.. Would be ace!

Grtz Chris

error.jpg

Piece of code from index.php:

<?php
/*
$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
$category_depth = 'top';
if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
$categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
$cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
$category_depth = 'products'; // display products
} else {
$category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
$category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
$category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
} else {
$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
}
}
}