• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi,

My flash header does not spread all the way to the end of the page widthwise.

See: www.escapetorussia.com/Store/catalog

It is displayed correctly from my computer, but from my ftp ( i am using sts_template) it won't display.

Also how can i change table colors and layout (tables in which $myaccount, $checkout,) placers are.

Thanks

Ruslan

We are not that rich to buy cheap things

Ok I have the latest version of oscommere installed on my website, I tried adding the STS 2.01 and followed the readme and this is what error i got

http://firstlinestudios.com/shop/

Warning: main(STS_START_CAPTURE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/firstlin/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 511

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_START_CAPTURE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/firstlin/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 511

Someone help please!!

>_< /

Ok I have the latest version of oscommere installed on my website, I tried adding the STS 2.01 and followed the readme and this is what error i got

http://firstlinestudios.com/shop/

Warning: main(STS_START_CAPTURE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/firstlin/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 511

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_START_CAPTURE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/firstlin/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 511

Someone help please!!

1. /php:/usr/ should be /php/usr

2. You need to find where on your server the directory /usr/lib/ is located...

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

Hi Linda,

If you are getting a blank page, it will no doubt be a PHP error, so have a look in your PHP error log file, to see what caused the blank page.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I fixed the layout issue with your help :) I'm still however getting a blank page when clicking on My Account. Where's the php error log file?

Thanks

Linda

Hi,

I'm still however getting a blank page when clicking on My Account.  Where's the php error log file?

Add this line in /includes/application_top.php, immediately after the "<?php" line:

if (function_exists('ini_set')) @ini_set('display_errors', 'On');  //comment this line, for live site

Then the errors will be displayed to the browser, but you shouldn't have it turned on permanently, only to see what the msg is.

Peter

What everything have you tried?

Iggy

well, i've checked paths, installed the updates for the popup theme problem, and the latest amendments to the sts, double checked the sts_product_info and product_info files, made sure the files are in the correct place etc.

I half got it working once, but the variables were simple printed out as i'd entered them into the layout, rather than populating the info. Also the main sts_template.html was printed directly underneath them... its very odd.

I really dont want to re-install sts as i've got far too may contributions installed...

am i allowed to give the URL on here? its www.the toolshop.co.uk/catalog

Hi,

Looking through this thread/topic, someone stated:

I had configured STS to only use one template file, so I don't think it's now trying to use multiple STS templates.

So, do you have STS configuredto use multiple templates ?

Also, this store definitely has the product info template working , that is, the product info is very different from the std template. I assume they are still using STS.

See http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...ndpost&p=560874

Peter

hi peter.. nope that doesnt work , i've tried it all before... (the first file you pointed out was actually an old redundant test file i was using :D )

I really need to get this working.. but it seems there isnt an answer anywhere on the forum ! any more help would be appreciated..

I'm having an issue with the STS error function. That is, when there is an error in the Payment Page, OSC simply returns the user to the payment page, without posting an error.

However, if one looks at the URL, they see

.../select_payment.php?error_message=There+has+been+an+error

Can anyone tell me if there is something special I need to do in STS to get this to display to the customer, say in a message box?

BTW, I'm using STS v1.2 - should I upgrade to take are of the problem?

John Skurka

Hey guys.. I have STS running, However at the top of my site, i want to show the car in this format : Cart Contents: 1Item Total Value $34.00 etc.

I found a "cart in header" contribution, but this appears to not work with STS.

Anyone know how to do with STS ?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi Guys,

I'm still having a problem with my code, the tag HEADING_TITLE still appears on the products pages within my catagory.

The job is now overdue and I cant figure out how to remove this tag. It only appears when "$content" is added to the STS Template but if I do a search for that code within my site it simply does not exist.

I really have no idea how to remove it. Please can someone help me?

The site address again is: www.thepuzzleshop.com

Ta.

P.S. Apologies for the mouse pointer, its the customers choice not mine :)

Hi,

I'm still having a problem with my code, the tag HEADING_TITLE still appears on the products pages within my catagory.

HEADING_TITLE is a constant, and you are not defining it, that is why it is appearing like that. Search for 'HEADING_TITLE' in the source code.

The job is now overdue and I cant figure out how to remove this tag. It only appears when "$content" is added to the STS Template but if I do a search for that code within my site it simply does not exist.

Search for 'content', not '$content'

Peter

Hi,

Also, has anyone got the product_info.php.html templates working properly yet? I cannot get it going.. i've tried everything, and all my config files are right...

I've seen a number of sites where the product_info.php.html is working,and it usually has to reside in .../includes/sts_templates/ path.

Don't know what you mean by 'config' in respect to STS, there is nothing to configure to use product_info template.

Peter

Hi,

HEADING_TITLE is a constant, and you are not defining it, that is why it is appearing like that. Search for 'HEADING_TITLE' in the source code.

Search for 'content', not '$content'

Peter

Now this is the problem, I've done a search for 'HEADING_TITLE' in the source code, it doesnt exist. On ANY page!

Hi,

I have Simple Template system installed.

Does anyone know how to add a loginbox at column_left?

I would like to install Login box V5.4. as below. But there are few problems occur.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...search,loginbox

Thanks!!

In /includes/column_left.php add this ........

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'loginbox.php');

// STS: ADD
 $sts_block_name = 'login_box';
 require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
 // STS: EOADD

of course change 'loginbox.php' to whatever the filename is in the /includes/boxes path, from the contribution you mentioned ( # 2058)

around line 237 of /includes/sts_display_output.php add this

$template['login_box'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['login_box'], 'login_box');

around line 317 of /includes/sts_display_output.php add this .........

echo $sts_block['login_box'];

Now, in the file /includes/sts_template.html, add this wherever you want it ........

$login_box

and of course you can have the above in other templates.

HTH

Peter

Hi,

Now this is the problem, I've done a search for 'HEADING_TITLE' in the source code, it doesnt exist. On ANY page!

HEADING_TITLE is defined in every file in /includes/languages/english/

Therefore, if it is not displaying here:

http://www.thepuzzleshop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

then look at /includes/languages/english/index.php

Peter

Edited by peterr

Hi,

HEADING_TITLE is defined in every file in /includes/languages/english/

Therefore, if it is not displaying here:

http://www.thepuzzleshop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

then look at  /includes/languages/english/index.php

Peter

AAH I Understand now! Right I've fixed that. However there is an image box appearing which I cant get rid of. When I right click on the image it says that it is called 'online' however there is no extension on the file. Any ideas?

Ok - I've been searching this string and can't seem to find anything about my problem so here it is, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

The template thing seems to be working ok but I have two questions. I can't get the reviews button to work on the product page and when you try to create an account or check out I get an error saying that the file is not found on the server? Here's the link

Wicked Woman Candle Co

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelby

How did you insert the reviews button into your template? If you look at the source code of the page as it displays in the browser, you will see that the button image has no hyperlink.

Ok - I've been searching this string and can't seem to find anything about my problem so here it is, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

The template thing seems to be working ok but I have two questions. I can't get the reviews button to work on the product page and when you try to create an account or check out I get an error saying that the file is not found on the server? Here's the link

Wicked Woman Candle Co

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelby