• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I am using STS 2.01 and am trying to get the Newsdesk 1.48.3 contribution to work. I get the following errors:

News Categories

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 61

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 67

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 81

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 102

In the Newsdesk support forum I have found that this only happens when using STS. Does anyone have these contributions working together?

Sean Hawkes

sorry for derailment... :'(

Im have STS working fine. I have tried getting it to work with meta tag controller and was completely unsuccessful.

Now I am trying to install a different contribution, which is "Dynamic Meta Tags".

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2714/

This meta contrib works great but i also cant get this to work with STS.

I have tried <!--$headcontent--> and $headcontent in head of html template and index.php / product_info.php. Does not produce and errors, but for some reason the <!--$headcontent--> never seems to output anything in STS.

I will be satisfied with header tag controller contrib if someone can give me some pointers on how to get the two working together. I would prefer to use the dynamic meta tags contrib, since it creates the meta info on the fly, rather than having to enter it manually for each product. even with my fairly limited knowledge of php, it would seem to me like this contrib should work, since $headcontent simple places the meta data, which should have already have been parsed on the backend through STS.

Anyone?? :blush:

Hi,

Great Template ystem. but i m having problem to install "collapsible css category menu" contribution with yr template system.. I asked to author of css menu but he dont know about yr contribution and suggest me to ask to u. sokindly tell me how do i use that?

Thanks in advance

Regards

I am working on a site now, using a css menu and want to add links in the css menu for all the products (at the request of the client), but I cannot figure out how to put the code into the sts_template.html page that will retain the session id of the user. Can anyone shed any light on this?

This is the structure I am using:

<ul class="fly2">
   <li class="sub2"><a href="product_info.php?products_id=6">Test Product</a></li>
</ul>

Need Hosting? Just ask!

I need help with this. I am trying to add an infobox for Add to Favories by editing column_left.php with this:

// STS: ADD

$sts_block_name = 'addfavorites';

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'add_favorites.php');

and then editing the sts_display_output.php with this under ///create custom boxes////:

$template['addfavorites'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['addfavorites'], 'addfavorites');

The box now takes over the entire top of the page and forces others to the bottom. I then moved the code from column_left.php to column_right.php and it is now at the bottom of the page, but not in a box on the side as I would like. Can anyone advise if my process is wrong and recommend how I can resolve this issue? You can see the site by clicking the barcode labels below. I did add the $addfavorites to the sts_template.html also. No Luck... Please help!

Laser labels, barcode labels, custom labels

Hi there,

I am new to OsCommerce and STS, I have everything working and its great. I do have one problem, if you take a look at www.thepuzzleshop.com/catalog you will notice that I have two text lables which should not be there, :blush:

HEADING_TITLES and TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, I would like to know where these text lables are located so I can remove them, this is the only problem I have and this is one excellent program, I'm not brilliant with PHP but this was a doddle to set up.

Hope you can help me.

Ta. :thumbsup:

Alex.

Love STS so far but I have waded through all 101 pages and cannot seem to find the answer to this problem:

Everything else seems to be working just fine UNTIL an item is selected for viewing (i.e.- I click on a product in the "What's new") and get a totally blank page. Same thing when navigating through categories...products show just fine until I try to read the info page..then nothing. No source, totally blank.

I customized the sts_template file and have left everything else as the default, as at this time we're only wanting to use the default product_info and are mainly interested in getting the overall look ironed out (we'll add custom templates for other areas later once this problem is solved).

URL in the nav bar of my browser shows the "oursite/product_info.php?products_id="id#here", but the page is totally blank.

Our site is: http://www.phoenixtraders.biz should anyone feel the need to look at it for some reason. The site is still a little rough around the edges as I have been trying to get this solved.

We just did a complete rebuild of everything, addded some test products so nothing is technically live yet, but we really need to get back up soon.

I re-downloaded the lastest version(i think it's 2_01) and re-uploaded everything,with the same result.

I am now at my wits end and have probably just been overlooking something simple.

Any help is most appreciated.

RI,

No, I have not added the $whatsnewbox. I was using that as an example.

I felt having a "What's New" in the left column and a "New this Month" in the content area was redundant.

On the off chance that was the problem, I added it back in just to check but I still get a blank page when selecting a product to view.

However, your question gave me some ideas.

Any other ideas or inputs are welcomed. This is still drving me nuts as I know it's just something simple I have over looked.

Problem solved..sort of.

Still not sure exactly what the conflict was, but out of desparation, I started replacing files one at a time with freshly downloaded (thats twice in 3 days of getting OSC & STS, so even the old files were not more than 48 hours old) and unzipped copies and when I replaced the includes/lang/english/product_info.php file, everything started working again.

Which is really odd as I didn't even realize there was a product_info file in that directory and have never touched that file....it worked before STS..then it quit, then it started again when that file was replaced with a fresh copy.

Hopefully this may help someone else if they ever have their site just quit displaying products for no apparent reason.

I still think STS is great and look forward to exploring it's potential.

Thanks for the help.

PS-wichard,

To answer your question..no, we have not yet started using the custom product templates yet. Everything is currently running on default except the sts_template.html.

Further templating will be implemented on a "when I have time" basis after we are operational again.

Ok, im really confused at this point and usually i never end up using forums to figure things out but this time im stumped.

Im trying to design the base template page for STS, which I did, and i configured everything correclty with the configure file becuase the basic template they gave you works fine.

Here the problem, with the designed page that i created, using html, i made a simple cart and made a design based on .jifs all the way around... you can see it here at Lipatol.com . But when I use that same design for STS NONE of the .jifs of the design show and only yhat little box with a red X shows... this sux cuase i base my webpages on my photoshop design and slicing skills. PLEASE HELP ME

email : [email protected]

IM : whoisurpappy <--- aim

IM : rg2121207 <--- yahoo IM

Some one please help THANX!!

Im wondering if someone can tell me how to include an infobox that includes an iframe into the STS system.

The code in my infobox is:

<!-- events_calendar //-->

<tr>
   <td>
           <iframe name="calendar" id="calendar" align="center" valign="top" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
           src=<?php echo FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_CONTENT .'?_month='. $_month .'&_year='. $_year ?> frameborder=0 height=270 width=162 scrolling=no>
           Sorry, you browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

</td>
 </tr>
<!-- events_calendar //-->

ive set up several extra boxes using STS in various sites and never had an issue till now. what the ifram does is it spans 100% width of the screen and screws up the whole page display so that the left column spans the screen with the contents and right columsn underneath the left.

anyone have any ideas?

Can anyone help with this??

I need help with this. I am trying to add an infobox for Add to Favories by editing column_left.php with this:

// STS: ADD

$sts_block_name = 'addfavorites';

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'add_favorites.php');

and then editing the sts_display_output.php with this under ///create custom boxes////:

$template['addfavorites'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['addfavorites'], 'addfavorites');

The box now takes over the entire top of the page and forces others to the bottom. I then moved the code from column_left.php to column_right.php and it is now at the bottom of the page, but not in a box on the side as I would like. Can anyone advise if my process is wrong and recommend how I can resolve this issue? You can see the site by clicking the barcode labels below. I did add the $addfavorites to the sts_template.html also. No Luck... Please help!

Laser labels, barcode labels, custom labels

I?m using STS on local, and remote, and everything works fine.

But I?m having a problem. On remote site, the product_info.php.html is working great.. but with the same archives on both (local and remote) I can not see the template applied over the local product_info.php.

Could anyone know what could be happening???

http://internacional.soyrock.com/disqueriaint/

thanks in advance to everybody!!

I am very much a noob to this, I installed STS v2.0 and im assuming when i run my catalog index.php for the first time, the 'default' template that was included in the pack should display properly.

For some reason none of my images are displaying correctly, and my links are all messed up...... everywhere i click it is http://icfstore.comicfstore.com.......

Anyone know what I should do? Its probably something ridiculously simple, but Ive been at it for about 2 hrs now and I am getting fustrated.

Link: http://icfstore.com/catalog/

I am very much a noob to this,  I installed STS v2.0 and im assuming when i run my catalog index.php for the first time, the 'default' template that was included in the pack should display properly.

For some reason none of my images are displaying correctly, and my links are all messed up...... everywhere i click it is http://icfstore.comicfstore.com.......

Anyone know what I should do? Its probably something ridiculously simple, but Ive been at it for about 2 hrs now and I am getting fustrated.

Link: http://icfstore.com/catalog/

Without seeing it my immediate feeling is that it's due to a typo in your configure.php (located in /includes). Completely verify the settings & paths used in this file first.

- Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I took a dinner break and came back and went through my own debugging process with the configure.php file and found where the problem was. The problem was in defining my images directory. Originally i had '.../images' , but it should really be 'images/' .

its fixed now....so YAY for me....lol B)

Edited by InfamousDC2

Hi Guys,

I have successfully :D started to design my new site using the sts and now its time for a really stoopid question.

I should know this but I can not seem to drag it out of the old grey matter.

How do I remove the 'text-decoration: underline' from the category items, is it to do with the stylesheet or sts? :'(

Please respond if you know!

Thanks

Mark :thumbsup:

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Sorry to nag, but I really need help with this, I need to give it to a customer in the next week or so. This is my problem.

I am new to OsCommerce and STS, I have everything working and its great. I do have one problem, if you take a look at www.thepuzzleshop.com/catalog you will notice that I have two text lables which should not be there,  :blush:

HEADING_TITLES and TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, I would like to know where these text lables are located so I can remove them, this is the only problem I have and this is one excellent program, I'm not brilliant with PHP but this was a doddle to set up.

Hope you can help me.

Alex.