• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Has anyone using STS Template System succefully also been able to use the : 'On the " Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library" Contribution?

After that i uploaded the product_thumb.php and did the minor changes to html_output.php i only keep getting boxes.php error messanges...

(The Boxes.php i think is altered when installning STS Template System..so something with the new STS code must be incompatible with the "Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library" contribution....

Can this be fixed?

Prince Tom

Has anyone using STS Template System succefully also been able to use the : 'On the " Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library"  Contribution?

After that i uploaded the product_thumb.php and did the minor changes to html_output.php i only keep getting boxes.php error messanges...

(The Boxes.php i think is altered when installning STS Template System..so something with the new STS code must be incompatible with the "Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library" contribution....

Can this be fixed?

Prince Tom

I must admit I havnt used sts to its fullest tbh, but I have had no problem getting thumbnailer contrib listed above working in my site no worries, I installed to sts2.01 latest with latest fixes and it works great. :thumbsup:

I have STS 2.01 installed and it is working great.. I am using OSC as a catalog only with all shopping cart functions turned off and had to fine tune a lot of code but all is working well.

My situation is this: I have 2 manufacturers and both have 3 different products, Motorcycles, ATV's, and Scooters.

I have set up OSC like this:

Manufacturer1-- Main Cat

>Motorcycles--Sub-Cat

>>Sport--Sub Cat

and so on.... Manufacturer2 would be the the same structure.

How can I have one template for all Manufacturer1 categories and products, and have another template for all Manufacturer2 categories and products? Can this be done by manufacturer or by Categories without having to create a template for each product?

Thanks

I'm experiencing a sort of a weird problem. I edited product_info.php.html and put it in includes/sts_templates folder everything seams to be working and the layout displays as I intended it to but the review button is inactive, the add to cart button displays and is active, but the review button can not be clicked. When I replace my custom product_info.php.html with the one that came with STS the review button still does not work. The review button works only when product_info.php.html is compleately removed. Any ideas what's going on?

Hi, I am very impressed with what I have read on this forum post and would like to implement STS. I am quite new to this and just want to be sure I do things correctly.

I have downloaded STS-2_0.1zip. The read me file says "run the install file". I am looking at the content of the zip file and can't see it. I think I am miss-understanding something here?

Do I then need to ftp the list of files into the /catalog/includes directory

I would apprciate some assistance?

Mant thanks

Hi peps. iv made my own template that im pretty happy with..

could it be posible to get some help mounting my template?

tryed to use this template system but with no sucsses!

someone here that could be willing to help?

or any other sugestions?

Regards.. Daniel

Well, that did something...

Now I am getting the folowing error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_topic() (previously declared in /nfs/home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/articles.php:13) in /nfs/home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 13

The offending line in articles.php is:

13    function tep_show_topic($counter) {
14         global $tree, $topics_string, $tPath_array;

This is the entire funtion:

function tep_show_topic($counter) {
   global $tree, $topics_string, $tPath_array;

for ($i=0; $i<$tree[$counter]['level']; $i++) {
     $topics_string .= "  ";
   }

$topics_string .= '<a href="';

if ($tree[$counter]['parent'] == 0) {
     $tPath_new = 'tPath=' . $counter;
   } else {
     $tPath_new = 'tPath=' . $tree[$counter]['path'];
   }

$topics_string .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, $tPath_new) . '">';

if (isset($tPath_array) && in_array($counter, $tPath_array)) {
     $topics_string .= '<b>';
   }

How am I going to edit that?

I am getting this very same error (trying to get Article Manager to work with STS). Was a solution to this problem ever found or discussed?

Thanks.

RCR

Hi,

I am sort of new to this whole STS, so this may sound silly... but I cant figure out where to change the page title tags. I still have my title say OsCommerce.

I noticed that there is a $headcontent tag at the top of my sts_template.php, but where do I control the TITLE variable for $headcontent

Any help is appreciated.

NL

Hi - hows it going?

I hate first posts like this one - but I suppose I have to start somewhere.

I have duplicate boxes in the right hand column, they are the shopping cart and specials. I know these are the offending boxes as I moved all the STS variables to the left hand column.

I have noticed that this seems to have been a problem for quite a few people, did anyone find an answer?

I have trawled through this thread looking but may have missed it.

Here is the code for that column

<td width="175" valign="top"> 
<p> </p>
</td>

Here is the output

rhcolumn.gif

Any help would be well appreciated :'(

I've been using STS for a while and it's great.

I really want to use graphic buttons and so on, is it possible to use unique templates for every language? It would be nice to have a graphic menu for each language..

Hi - hows it going?

I hate first posts like this one - but I suppose I have to start somewhere.

I have duplicate boxes in the right hand column, they are the shopping cart and specials. I know these are the offending boxes as I moved all the STS variables to the left hand column.

I have noticed that this seems to have been a problem for quite a few people, did anyone find an answer?

I have trawled through this thread looking but may have missed it.

If anyones interested - the fix for the above was the following.

I was using STS variables in 'column_right.php' and also I had left the same boxes as 'php includes' in the same file - I commented them out leaving only the STS variables - and bingo, it works :)

I thought it would be better to post my answer rather than posting "fixed"

Cheers

On another topic though, I was wondering if it is possible to use different STS templates for static pages which I have added - similar to specific product pages.

For instance - I have created the following files - but just to mix it up a little I want to add different boxes to each page (all custom)

aboutus.php

howtoorder.php

products.php

testimonials.php

So could I then make sts templates like this:

index.php_aboutus.html

index.php_howtoorder.html

index.php_products.html

index.php_testimonials.html

I haven't tried it myself, but am going to try tomorrow - I was just wondering if this would work!!

Has anyone done anything similar?

Also - would I keep these templates in the following directory

catalog/includes/sts_templates/

Cheers

Tye

HI Agua

Did you get this working ? If so hopw did you do it - i added all the relevent new pages to inforamtion.php, filenames.php and english .php but i still get these errors

Template file doesn't exist: [includes/sts_template.html]

Warning: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 714 is not allowed to access includes/sts_template.html owned by uid 705

thanks

On another topic though, I was wondering if it is possible to use different STS templates for static pages which I have added - similar to specific product pages.

For instance - I have created the following files - but just to mix it up a little I want to add different boxes to each page (all custom)

aboutus.php

howtoorder.php

products.php

testimonials.php

So could I then make sts templates like this:

index.php_aboutus.html

index.php_howtoorder.html

index.php_products.html

index.php_testimonials.html

I haven't tried it myself, but am going to try tomorrow - I was just wondering if this would work!!

Has anyone done anything similar?

Also - would I keep these templates in the following directory

catalog/includes/sts_templates/

Cheers

Tye

I have checked the javascript to allow a popup in the display output sts file , I do not see anything  wrong I think.

I can realy use help on this one.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=344698

Jimmy

see http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=421070

Keesjan