• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hello everyone,

i am using sts v. 1.3 when i installed it in march of 2004. now this new one is out, how do i migrate from thatversion to this. plz give me the link and let me know if its worth it.

i guess i wanna 2 these 2 things for sure.

want product name in header.

want another template page to drive one php file.

re-posted.

Hi Brain,

Thank you for your fast again,

1) I don't know how to put the code into sts_product_info.php, because the contrib is NOT a php file, so, I hope i haven't skill to do it.

2) for my request , I want the review will show in the bottom of the product_info page, as one page , the result will like samlpe, please help me again.

thank you very much again

Hello...

I've been using STS - which is great by the way - and I now need to create some new pages that I'd like to act the same as any other osCommerce page that uses the STS.

Is there a tutorial or download somewhere that can explain the steps I need to follow to add new pages to the site?

Thanks in advnance....

Andy.

Hello...

I've been using STS - which is great by the way - and I now need to create some new pages that I'd like to act the same as any other osCommerce page that uses the STS.

Is there a tutorial or download somewhere that can explain the steps I need to follow to add new pages to the site?

Thanks in advnance....

Andy.

Check out this Post

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

<_< This might be a really simple question, but here goes:

I have installed STS 2.01 and all seems to be working fine, except in my Product_Info.php.html page. My product image does not display with the "Click to enlarge" option, however the template is working.

I have installed the 25 Aug 2004 - STS 2.01 Bug fixes which hasn't sorted the problem.

I'm not sure if I can have them both working together, i.e. "popup" and "product_info.php.html", or I've not got something turned on or off correctly.

Any assistance would be great....

If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough!!

<_< This might be a really simple question, but here goes:

I have installed STS 2.01 and all seems to be working fine, except in my Product_Info.php.html page. My product image does not display with the "Click to enlarge" option, however the template is working.

I have installed the 25 Aug 2004 - STS 2.01 Bug fixes which hasn't sorted the problem.

I'm not sure if I can have them both working together, i.e. "popup" and "product_info.php.html", or I've not got something turned on or off correctly.

Any assistance would be great....

Try adding the click to enlarge javascript code directly between the <head> tags in you template file. It should pull it with the rest of the headcontent but I have found this not always to be true.

It should look something like this

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

:blink: Thank for that. Richard

That wasn't really what I meant.

I already have:

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

In between my page <HEAD> ... </HEAD> section.

However, when I use my product_info.php.htlm template with the $imagesmall tag. I don't have the "Click to enlarge" option underneath the image.

Do have have to manually create/edit this entry and if so HOW. Or have I got something set wrong in my sts-display_output.php file.

Any Help Welcome...

Hi Brain,

1) Still waiting your reply about the review function.

2) regarding to your last solution about the different language for each page, the script <a href="thispage-$langid.html"> or <a href="thatspage-$langid.php"> is not working. i try to put this <a href="index.php_1-$langid.html"> in index.php_0.html but the system cant found the page. please help me once again.

Thank very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sts works great. very easy to install and use.

Only I messed something up.

Does anybody know why my header picture files would not show in login, checkout, reviews. Seems to be where there is a secure area.

I have spent the entire day going over this thread, debug files, ect. and I can't find it anywhere..

Everything else seems to work perfect

Here is my site :unsure:

http://gulfcoastconcessions.com/catalog/

Brian answered this a while back for me, when I tried out master products its a form tag which needs moving I think, the answer is in this forum about 10 pages back, check it out if no one answers you. I cant remember what I did now or I would post.

pjsingh, Logout.php link is in the breadcrumb table top right normally by the basket and checkout text links if they are not and you have moved/deleted then just create a button with the logoff.php link, think this should work.

Edited by j0ker

Joker,

I cant seem to find the post that your talking about.

All my image are fine untill it goes secure.

Does anybody know how to fix this.

Sorry, roheim I was answering another post for pjsingh, but I had answered this post in another forum you posted to, the problem is paths in your config.php file in the includes folder, edit the ssl paths to match your server and this should work fine.

:( Brian - HELP,

Without sounding like a Kiss Ass - Great Contribution.

I'm fumbling through configuring my site, but I'm stuck on the Product_Info.php.html file.

I need to show a Product Qty box in the Product_Info.php.html template, so when the "Add to Cart" button is clicked quantities higher than 1 can be added.

http://brencham.biz/catalog/

Any Assistance Greatly Appriciated.

Anybody have an easy way to add addtional banners to a sts site using different banner groups. I want to add a group of smaller ones to one of the side columns but since I cannot add the php code to specify the group the only way I can think to do it is to duplicate the whole banner process and use a different $tag for the second set of banners. If anyone has an easier way that would be great.

Anybody have an easy way to add addtional banners to a sts site using different banner groups. I want to add a group of smaller ones to one of the side columns but since I cannot add the php code to specify the group the only way I can think to do it is to duplicate the whole banner process and use a different $tag for the second set of banners. If anyone has an easier way that would be great.

I have been using the Banner in a Box Contribution located here.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,59

You will need to add the the normal STS code to your template just like you were adding another info box to any of your columns.

This banner in a box works great and it controlled by your normal banner manager in admin. All instructions are included with contribution zip files.

Good Luck

I'm enjoying STS enormously.

I know people probably ask this question all the time, but it has me stumped. Where and how can I edit the main products display table for each category? For example, the table currently looks like this:

CATEGORY NAME

(Displaying 1-n of n products . . . etc.)

Table:

Image of product / Product Name / Price / Buy now button

And so on, with one product per row occupying four columns.

I find these look big, vacant, and uneven. I would like the table to be set up more like the "New Products" table; perhaps three cells wide, with each cell reading

Image of Product (linked to product_info) <br>

Product Name (also linked to product_info)<br>

Perhaps a brief descriptive blurb about the product<br>

Price

I've seen this implemented on a number of very attractive sites.

My old site was run simply on PayPal buttons--no cart at all--and I had my product thumbnails laid out like the above. Customers tell me they miss the "look and feel" of those pages. (I certainly don't miss the inconvenience). This little bit would be the last step in creating the site my customers are telling me they want to see.

Even if somebody could point me to a message thread about this, I'd be very grateful. I may not be searching for the right thing.

Thanks,

Anne

CATEGORY NAME

(Displaying 1-n of n products . . . etc.)

Table:

Image of product / Product Name / Price / Buy now button

And so on, with one product per row occupying four columns.

I find these look big, vacant, and uneven. I would like the table to be set up more like the "New Products" table; perhaps three cells wide, with each cell reading

Image of Product (linked to product_info) <br>

Product Name (also linked to product_info)<br>

Perhaps a brief descriptive blurb about the product<br>

Price

I have used the following contribution with success

Product Listing Column Format

I have been using the Banner in a Box Contribution located here.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,59

You will need to add the the normal STS code to your template just like you were adding another info box to any of your columns.

This banner in a box works great and it controlled by your normal banner manager in admin. All instructions are included with contribution zip files.

Good Luck

That worked perfectly and much easier than the way I came up with.

Thanks

Ok - I guess this has been posted before, but I can't for the life of me tell if the changes I am making are working...they don't appear in the main index.php when I upload, but that is expected because I'm uploading a different file right?

I know this will be a very short answer so if you could put me out of my misery and tell me what I've done wrong, or simply not done, I'd be most grateful. Many Thanks!