• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Has ANYONE got any ideas as to why my popup boxes aren't working? I'm going live very shortly and this is stopping me..

It seems its picking up on the image dimensions, but the template system is overriding it... it happens on all popups, not just images..

Someone... ? I thought it was down to application_top but its not..

hadley reclaimed

Edited by adiwillow

I found a problem in STS.

When you go to check out, images from the "icons" folder do not show. UPS symbol and USPS symbol will not show and give a missing image box.

I checked and all images are there on the server.

What is the problem?

Edited by JohnnyVegas

Hi.

I've installed STS contribution, but when I click the send to a friend icon, it takes me to shopping_cart.php. What can I do ?

thank you.

shutiri.

Hello all, I'm in need of some help.

When you 'click to enlarge' somehow the loginbox contents appear inside the pop-up! lol

EpicPC Website

I have no clue as to how this happened. Can someone please help me track this down?

I'm at a total loss right now as to how this happened. Installing the loginbox with STS didn't exactly go smoothly, but in the end I thought I had it working. =/

Anyone?

<_<

Edited by rdykier

I am working with a clean install of oscommerce but after I install sts, everything works fine except there is no content. Any ideas?

After installing STS, I have two right columns. How do I go about fixing this. The footer is included in the right column.

www.needlepointbackbay.com/catalog/

I am having the same problem. It is NOT listed twice in the sts-template file. Any ideas?

Is there a nice CONTRIB that will make the $Categorybox into a nice button type menu system instead of that stupid text layout?

Someone must have an example or found one that will work with STS.

Edited by JohnnyVegas

Can someone please explain the logic/ flow as far as what is included in the right column.

I understand using the variables in the template but what causes misalignment in the format. i.e. duplicate right columns. footer in thte right column etc. Maybe then I could study the code and find what my problem is if I knew how to look.

Hello,

I would like to give Brian Gallagher and DiamondSea a big thank you for this Contribution.

Thank You

A flawless diamond, i mean installation. :-)

This gives designers a whole lot more control, and it is easy to add name tags for other parts of oscommerce to be used in the STS enviroment.

You can see my install notes HERE.

The site I am working on Beccas Botanicals.

The only thing that STS does not do, at this time, is give control over the look of the infoBox.

I accidently started a thread outside this one concerning the infoBox.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90983

If anyone has recoded or hacked STS to give control over the look of the infoBoxes, like three images at top and three images at bottom, Please, do share.

This post was not meant to be asking for help, just to praise DiamondSea for this Contribution, and to send much Gratitude to them.

PEACE ALL

Have a Beautiful Week

Archangel Artifacts

"Be Ye Only Moderately Wise,

For A Wise Ones Heart,

Is Seldom Glad"

tcjay,

I have only been playing around with oscommerce and STS for about a week, though, I have ran into similar problems.

It took me about 4-6 hours to finally get the image box around my content to work.

The HTML in the language file for the front page was conflicting with the the HTML in the sts template, thus making infoboxes too long, double left colums, triple footers.......etc.

The display output is rerouted through the STS code, and is, let us say, sensitive, to tables. If there is an open table, or even closed table, somewhere in the language file, custom blocks or sts template, it can throw everything off.

PEACE

ArchangelArtifacts

Edited by ArchangelArtifacts

"Be Ye Only Moderately Wise,

For A Wise Ones Heart,

Is Seldom Glad"

I don't want to cross-post, so here is my problem.

Previous Post

My problem involves STS 1.9 and Loginbox v5.21 (contribution)

For some dang reason the pop-ups have a loginbox inside of them and the pop-up box is defaulting to the size of the login box's .gif header. It's pretty weird and I'm not sure how to fix it other than simply removing all the adjustments made to get the loginbox working.

Can anyone give me a hand?

~Ray

Hi!

I just finished a clean install of OSC 2.2. MS2 and installed STS 2.01. Now i get an empty page when i open my shop-mainsite with the following HTML Code:

<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>

Whats wrong here? I've done everything like it's written in the readme of STS.

Hello. I'm trying to put working together the Simple Template System and the Infobox Skin Manager. Having downloaded and installed the last versions of these two contributions, the web server (apache+php with the gd2 library available) can not render the oscommerce shop. I suppose this must be related to the includes/box directory modification made in the infobox skin manager installation, but I'm lost.

I'm a STS newbie so please if someone has posted a similar question consider to redirect me to the answer.

Thank you for your help

How can I put an anchor link on one of my template pages? (so I can jump from somewhere at the top of the page to a place toward the bottom)

The conventional way is not working for me: <a href="#mylink">text</a>

How can I put an anchor link on one of my template pages? (so I can jump from somewhere at the top of the page to a place toward the bottom)

The conventional way is not working for me: <a href="#mylink">text</a>

You need to include the name of the page

<a href="conditions.php#mylink">text</a>

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

After installing STS, I have two right columns.  How do I go about fixing this.  The footer is included in the right column.

www.needlepointbackbay.com/catalog/

I am having the same problem. It is NOT listed twice in the sts-template file. Any ideas?

Hi,

I have the EXACT same problem... having 2 columns on the right side with a few boxes displayed twice side by side...

can someone please let me and the others know how to fix this?

thank you.