• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

I installed a fresh OSC and installed the newest version of STS and it doesn't effect the origional layout at all. Any suggestions? I'm assuming everyone would have this problem if they followed the instructions. <_<

I feel like I'm missing a key peice of info about how STS works. I edited sts_template.html but it doesn't effect anything but sts_template.html. I'm assuming STS draws layout info from that one page kinda like a style sheet so if you change sts_template.html then the entire OSC site takes on the layout of that one page.

http://www.styleriot.com/shop/pkg/catalog/...s_template.html

See here how it has no effect on the site.

http://www.styleriot.com/shop

Thanks for you help!!! :D

I feel like I'm missing a key peice of info about how STS works. I edited sts_template.html but it doesn't effect anything but sts_template.html. I'm assuming STS draws layout info from that one page kinda like a style sheet so if you change sts_template.html then the entire OSC site takes on the layout of that one page.

See here how it has no effect on the site.

http://www.styleriot.com/shop

Thanks for you help!!! :D

Look at your paths. You have sts installed at

and your store is installed at

http://www.styleriot.com/shop/

You have not installed sts to the shop you are trying to change.

Your sts template should be at

http://www.styleriot.com/shop/includes/sts_template.html

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

My filemanager says the version I have is : store osc2 2.2MS. That is the Milestone version isn't it?

If that is the case and it is a clean install do it the easy way and see if that works better.

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

this code comes out on the top of all the tag in the <head></head>. id like to remove it but i couldnt find it.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

Tried searching for this but the search function isnt exactly the greatest. Things appear to be working fine however when I go to click on the product to get some information I get a blank page with this error on it.

Warning: main(includes/sts_product_info.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwxpec/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 132

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/sts_product_info.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wwwxpec/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 132

Anyone have any ideas?

When I got this error, it was because I forgot to add the few lines of STS lines to the config file....

D'OH!!

THAT was the error!! Thanks for the head up! :D

Hi

I am using STS Templates (Great !!)

I also installed LoginBox 5.2, which does not appear because not being set up in STS

Can someone please let me know what changes I need to put in STS to be able to use LoginBox, and any other new boxes that I will want to use in the future.

Thanks

Regards

Emmanuel

multiple templates doesn't work - i don't know.

i installed everything like it's written in the readme file - i createtd a template and the tamplate folder

http://www.trendline-hm.de/shop/

http://www.trendline-hm.de/shop/includes/s.../index.php.html

the site you see at www.trendline-hm.de/shop/ is the standard template saved in the includes folder - but should there be the index.php.html template for the startpage?

don't know why... even a index.php_0.html does't work...

can anybody please help me? the debug mode is on...

best wishes rob

Can someone take a quick look at my site and tell me what is wrong?

DriWash Solutions OSC Page

I've just installed the STS, and have created a new template. Looks like a lot of things are missing, namely the box headers.

Also, I've changed the stylesheet.css file to change the font to 8px - looks like it didn't work. I would also like to change the text color and background of the left column to match the rest of my site.

Any help and suggestions on where/how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

-John

John Skurka

Can someone take a quick look at my site and tell me what is wrong?

DriWash Solutions OSC Page

I've just installed the STS, and have created a new template. Looks like a lot of things are missing, namely the box headers.

Also, I've changed the stylesheet.css file to change the font to 8px - looks like it didn't work. I would also like to change the text color and background of the left column to match the rest of my site.

Any help and suggestions on where/how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

-John

Looking at it real quick it looks like your style sheet may not be getting picked up at all. You might want to check that first.

Hi

I've been experimenting with multiple category templates in STS 2.0.1 which work fine except for when you have several languages. Is it possible to configure a template for each cpath AND language?

Thanks

Is there a way to make an item specific template???

I have one item that has a bajillion options and details that need to be displayed through links.

I need to have a template for that item since the other items don't have all of these details. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Dave

http://bythevineyard.com

(On the site, it is the nantucket bags....)

Looking at it real quick it looks like your style sheet may not be getting picked up at all. You might want to check that first.

Where do I start looking to make sure that the style sheet is being used?

Nevermind - figured it out.

I was loading a stylesheet in the header section, and also had META tags. Replaced all the header with the reference to the OCS stylesheet and removed all the META tags, and inserted the HEADCONTENT placeholder.

Better now.

John Skurka

Hi

I also installed LoginBox 5.2, which does not appear because not being set up in STS

Can someone please let me know what changes I need to put in STS to be able to use LoginBox, and any other new boxes that I will want to use in the future.

Thanks

Regards

Emmanuel

Can someone please help me ???

I coul dreally do with some answer, pointers....

Please help.

Regards

Emmanuel

Hi

Thanks

Regards

Emmanuel

Can someone please help me ???

I coul dreally do with some answer, pointers....

Please help.

Regards

Emmanuel

Look in the sts_display_output.php file and make sure the there is a template setup for the login box. There should be a line that looks something like this:

$template['loginbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['loginbox'], 'loginbox');

Then you need to

Add this to your sts_display_output file under print column left stuff

echo $sts_block['loginbox'];

In your column_left.php file look for this

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

// STS: ADD

$sts_block_name = 'informationbox';

require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);

// STS: EOADD

and add this below it for you login box

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'loginbox.php');

// STS: ADD

$sts_block_name = 'loginbox';

require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);

// STS: EOADD

Now you should be able to use $loginbox in your template.

I am pretty sure that is everything I added to make it work. If not let me know and I will check and see if I missed anything

Hi

Thanks

Regards

Emmanuel

In sts_user_code.php at the top you will see;

// $sts_block_name = 'newthingbox';
 // require(STS_START_CAPTURE);
 // require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'new_thing_box.php');
 // require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);
 // $template['newthingbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['newthingbox'], 'newthingbox');

You have to copy and paste the code right below it, uncomment it and then change the 'newthingbox' and new_thing_box.php' to suite your needs for the login box. You can then type $loginbox (or what ever you called it) into your template and it will show up.

Code should look something like this;

$sts_block_name = 'loginbox';
   require(STS_START_CAPTURE);
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'loginbox.php');
   require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);
   $template['loginbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['loginbox'], 'loginbox');

HTH

Peter

Tried searching for this but the search function isnt exactly the greatest. Things appear to be working fine however when I go to click on the product to get some information I get a blank page with this error on it.

Warning: main(includes/sts_product_info.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwxpec/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 132

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/sts_product_info.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wwwxpec/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 132

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi.

I did all the design of my site using STS. I think I wouldn't be able to use oscommerce without it. Thank you.

I still have two problems:

- when I click on the send to a friend icon, it takes me to shopping_cart.php (instead of tell_a_friend.php, I suppose).

- How do I take away the "New Products" box on the index.php ?

Thank you.

shutiri.

Walkities,

I would go through the installation again and make sure you modified the following seven files according to the instructions

application_top.php

header.php

column_left.php

column_right.php

footer.php

application_bottom.php

AND

configure.php

it's possible to design a special start page the =0 Page for the shop...?

i wonder why this doesn't work on my site...?

sts allways shows the standard template...

can anybody help me?

thanx - rob der baumeister

Hello, I just installed 2.2ms and the latest WebMakers Header Controller today.

Everything worked great. I ran it through the ringer before attempting to install another mod.

I wanted a little personal touch to the look of the site and STS seemed to be the mod to get. I followed the instructions VERY carefully, installed the mod, double checked everything, crossed my fingers, then arrrrg:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /home/public_html/store/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:13) in /home/public_html/store/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 13

What the heck did I do wrong. I usually have no probs troubleshooting these things on my own but I am stumped and stupified. I searched and searched the forum but, I am at a loss. I tried permission changes, re-checked the install and instructions but, I must be too close to see or just too tired.

Could you p-p-p-p-p-p-please help shed some light on my fried brain cells.

Thanks so much in advance...

A programmer can rem his mistakes, but an architect must plant vines.

The only normal people are those you don't know too well.

My wife and I were happy for 30 years, then we met.

The future isn't what it used to be.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it...