• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

When using a separate template for index.php (index.php.html) the manufacturer dropdown and catmenu stop working. I only use a separate template for index since im going to show a flash presentation on my first page.

Why does not the dropdowns work and why don't they use the default sts_template.html after choosing a category? How can I solve this problem, I really need to use a separate template for my first page, and of course I?ll need those dropdowns.

I also need to know how to change the value "Category" in catmenu to my own.

Thanks!!!

Ok, correct me if im wrong, but then theres no idea using STS since I have to make another template besides the whole STS-system?

I've already made an index.php.html and removed $content

Why doesnt catmenu and manufacturerbox shows the results in the default sts_template.html containing the $content-tag?

A bit confused right now..

The only thing I want is to make the index.php.html work.

It appears to be osCommerce 2.2-CVS from what i have read, I guess it won't work then, willl It? :( Well Atleast this can be added to your FAQ.

Already added. :)

I'm pretty sure that some people have added STS to the CVS release using the Advanced Installation instructions, if you're feeling like you want to be on the cutting edge.

I have also updated my signature to include the new STS FAQ page that I'm developing to help save people from wandering through 60+ pages of posts to find answers to their problems.

I hope this will help!

- Brian

Simple Template System (STS)

Layout your site with 1 (or more) HTML file!

Download STS: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58541

Couple of quick questions. How do I get rid up this line?

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

Also how do I get rid of the graphic to the right of my header?

Finally, how do I add graphics to the %content area for each separate page. For instance, I would probably insert them into the index.php file, right? But how do I actually do that? My php knowledge is limited. If they are popups how can I add the javascript into the headcontent?

Thanks a bunch!

-matt

Most probably you hab this question about 20 times. Anyways, you are talking about "where the Magic happens". Is there a way to define that content as well or will it be $content?

It is nice to change the look and feel of the first page, but I am strugelling with the rest.

Thx, Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

Most probably you hab this question about 20 times. Anyways, you are talking about "where the Magic happens". Is there a way to define that content as well or will it be $content?

It is nice to change the look and feel of the first page, but I am strugelling with the rest.

Thx, Michael

No way to change the content via STS. That would make your life way too easy :P . You have to change the PHP files just like everybody else.

Sorry!

- Brian

For some reason I have uploaded the pages just how the readme says and I still dont see anything when I go to the sts_template.html.

I've checked the config.php several times and this is still not working. Can someone please help?

My AIM NAME is J0nScalet if you like to help me there.

Thanks,

Jonathen Scalet

if you have problems getting the image popup to work. make sure that you have

$headcontent

in the template.html between the head tags

<HEAD>

$headcontent

</HEAD>

that worked great! looked at a million other ideas in this thread, and this is the simplest way, and the only way that worked for me. thanks!

here's the site i'm building for someone, http://www.wantedsounds.com

Hey I get the following error msg when I try to access my main catalog page (http://www.sun*******eathers.com/catalog/, I have only got this after installing STS 1.8.

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be, its my third time trying to install this.

Cheers, JONNY

Newbie Question

Hey everyone,

I've jsut about read through all 65 pages of this thread and although I have lots of HTML experience, when I try to sit down and come up with a layout idea using STS, I cannot seem to find a place to start.

I have done a fresh install of the latest OSC and STS and it seems to work just fine (i think this because the sts_template.html page shows the empty layout and OSC comes up just as normal).

In order to come up with my own layout, I get lost as to where to start.

Should I start with a blank HTML Document and code everything by hand and create the images first? create the images last?

Should I use sts_template.html as a guide and work from there?

Should i create my layout in Photoshop and Imageready, export the HTML file and then just drop in the "$whatever" content where applicable?

In theory i understand what i have to do, but when it comes down to actual coding I'm lost! lol :P

Thanks for all the help! I love what I've seen in terms of OSC STS capabilities!!

BTW: I have NO experience with OSC, PHP, or MySQL (i'm learning though)

-Evan

Hi osc community..

I'm working with osc2.2 ms2 and sts 1.8

Now it works great and i'm very glad with this contribution..

But now i've got a question wich i think is very simple but i've been reading all 64 pages and can't find it... :blink:

The only thing i am trying to do is to give the background Behind the infoboxes (Left) another color or image like Lockedsales.com.. I thought to do this in the stylesheet but im not for sure and i don't know how to do this.. :unsure:

I hope someone has an answer for me..

Thanks, Marco (and sorry for my poor english)

Edited by marcom

xplosive concepts what i did was look at free templates on the internet, then open the sts template in dreamweaver, along with other templates and examples of other sites to give me an idea where to go. then i spent and am spending days looking at it, wondering what to move where, uploading and having a think, then moving more bits around.

you can have a 30 day free trial of the macromedia products, download them from their website. dreamweaver is quite nice and easy to use, also i go to evening classes on a thursday and so am learning how to use it.

i have used the graphical boxes contribute and created in fireworks or flash a rectangle which is split into parts so i can export the bits easily into each file for topleft corner, left side... so literally at the touch of a button i can change the colour/style of the rectangle and have different borders round my info boxes.

just start messing around and see what happens.

Hi

Any one know how to add a javascript menu with rollover etc

Cheers Malc

It's on the list of things to do. Hopefully it will be in 1.9, but I don't have a ship date yet... <_<

Thanks for the advice fazer!

It's funny you mention Dreamweaver because just yesterday I ordered it online. I've been using HTML Kit 4.0 for quite some time now, and I must say that for a free program it was quite good, but due to demand I need something much more professional.

Anyhow, that is a good idea to look at the e-commerce templates. I had found biostech's demo online flowershop and really liked the way he did that. He also made a brief tutorial (props to biostech!) so i looked at his sts_template.html file and looked at how he set it up....i really couldnt believe how simple STS makes customizing OSC. Absolutely fantastic. Great Job Brian!

-Evan

Hi, i am using the latest version of sts and I just noticed that when authorize.net sends back an error code to my checkout_process.php page the template is actually showing all the boxes, images in the right order yet no images are available (just showing the red x in IE) and the style sheets are not apparently being called.

I'm using STS template version 1.8 and Authorize.net, and I'm having a similar problem. Even though I'm using $headcontent between the <head> tags, the javascript code does not show up, and error codes that Authorize.net sends back to checkout_process.php are not processed. For example, with Authorize.net installed, you can enter '4444' for your credit card number, and your order will still be processed.

Here is what is generated between the head tags:

<html>

<head>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>osCommerce</title><base href="http://www.destroyerpp.com/catalog/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/catalog/stylesheet.css">
</head>

Can anyone help?

Installing the Header tag controller and STS 1.8 seems to be problematic, at least for me. Having installed both contributions, when viewing any page, I got this error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in c:\phpdev\www\2\includes\functions\clean_html_comments.php:13) in c:\phpdev\www\2\includes\functions\clean_html_comments.php on line 13

Which seems to be because the application_top and sts_display_output are both requiring the same files. Commenting out either group appears to fix that, however, it gives rise to another problem, which is this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\phpdev\www\2\includes\sts_display_output.php on line 189

and line 189 is:

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

? ? $template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $template['content'];

}

Can anyone help me figure out why this is? (running on a local machine [win32, apache 1.3, php 4.23]) Everything else seems to work locally, so I can only assume its a problem with the combination of the two.

The header tag controller is already integrated into STS. If you want to use it, just copy it's files into the appropriate places, but DO NOT MODIFY the files in /catalog/ as the lines you would normally update are already built into STS.

Check the STS README.txt file for details.

- Brian

How do I enable Header Tag that is included with STS 1.8 and which files do I need to copy and where do they need to be copied to?

Contributions:

STS

Header Tags

Ebay Auctions

Ebay Auction Sales Manager

Html Wysiwyg Editor

Ultrapics

Paypal Cart IPN

Info Pages Unlimited

Shop By Price