• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Quick question: is it possible to create a product menu similar to the $catmenu?

I've seen sites that include this at the product level so users can quickly switch between products instead of clicking back to the category level and then clicking again to view a different product within the category.

Thanks!

Quick posting about Multiple Templates.

Need to use the name of the script in your template name (i.e. login.php.html). This fixed my problem. I was attempting to create my own names and was looking for a place to reference them. Hope this helps anyone else who runs into this problem.

ERROR:

Just noticed this one. I clicked on the My Account link, which took me to the login.php page. Instead of logging in or creating an account I clicked on the category drop down ($catmenu) and attempted to browse a little. What I got was "Error: No match for E-Mail / Password." If I click on Catalog in the breadcrumbs above it goes to that page.

I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but I couldn't find it while scanning this topic.

STS is a great contrib. Thank you. My question is, after installing STS the space between the boxes on the page is about 2 to 3 times larger than it was befor STS. I've removed the borders but the space between the boxes is still too large. How can I close this gap?

Thanks,

Rick Knight

:)

OK, I've fixed my affiliate box problem.

For some reason, I've installed STS version 1.2, updated on 09/09/2003,

which does not have all the features...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1506

Don't know why this is still supported?? Anyway, I've re-installed with v1.8

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

which has all the features appearing on the forum.

Hi Jef ( an anyone else who may know the answer :) ),

Did the newer version solve your problem, or did you still have to add some code to make it show up? I have installed this Mod and it works GREAT (from the beginning). The only issue I have run into is when I try to get it work with some other mods.

I think it's as simple as getting STS to recognize the new page (whatever the name/function of the page is). Based on what I've read, I'm not capturing the $sts_block['columnleft2columnright'] correctly.

Does anyone know, the easiest way to insert this into the page? Thanks for the support everyone!

Brian

Well, I was able to figure it out on my own. In case anyone else has the same problem, here's what was missing (this specifically worked for the Purchase Without Account MOD, but it applies to others I'm sure). The following code is missing from the bottom of the file:

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

Thanks for not replying to my posts everyone. You rock!

Edited by adorableannouncements.com

I had installed STS-1.2 previously and it worked except for a conflict it caused with my browsers title. I had to back it out since I could not get that resolved. I thought I would try 1.8 to see if that problem was fixed. However, I cannot get this version to run at all.

I made the changes to all of the relevant files but when I try to display my page, it is blank. So then I just copied all of the files in the release (except for configure.php) to my server to see if it would work at all but I get the same result. Obviously, from other posts, this contribution works. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why I can't get this version off the ground?

BTW, if it matters, between installing versions 1.2 and 1.8, I installed a few other contributions listed below. I don't think they are causing the problem but thought it was worth mentioning in case there is a known compatibility problem.

Header Tag Controller

ShoppingCartBoxEnahncement

WYSIWYGHtmlArea

CreditVoucher

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Great contrib. I'm liking it more all the time.

I still have one problem though. I've gotten everything working, I was even able to add a couple of new infoboxes but I can't seem to find a way to reduce the space between the info boxes without removing the space entirely. I'm looking to change the paragraph spacing in stylesheet.css but I can't make it work. I've added ".p { margin-top: 0em; margin-bottom: 0em; }" to the top of stylesheet.css and also to the BODY tag in stylesheet.css but nothing changes. Can anyone tell me how to get a smaller spacing between all the infoboxes?

Thanks,

Rick Knight

([email protected])

Solved it.

Got the spacing right. I changed the stylesheet by adding (just above BODY)

P.pgraph { margin-top: 0em;

margin-bottom: 0.2em;

}

And then changed the <p> tags in sts_template.html to <p class="pgraph">

Works like a charm. Except for my page modifications, it looks just like stock osCommerce.

Thanks DiamondSea, for a great contrib!

Thanks again,

Rick Knight

([email protected])

I made the changes to all of the relevant files but when I try to display my page, it is blank.

Is the blank content you're talking about the main content of the page? If so, I'm dealing with the same problem.

Yes, if I have v 1.8 installed and display my page, all I get is a white screen - no output whatsoever. I have tried enabling the debug output but all it displays is STS_VERSION=[1.8]. I've re-installed the contribution three times now. Maybe I am missing something or doing something wrong. Any idea how you got parts of your page to display?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I am having the same problem that dayzeday reported on november 24th:

Warning: main(includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lodelmar/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lodelmar/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Could you please help me, I'm out of ideas!

Thx

This contibution is great. It works okay but I cannot get any of the dhml menu contibutes to work.

I tried them all and I would really like one off them to work.

With what Dhtml menu contribution will this work ?

I have now installed dhtm_menu1.0

Im usin it too & it's perfectly workin' !!!!

Just paste this :

<link rel="stylesheet" href="menu.css">
<script language="JavaScript" src="menu.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="menu_items.js.php"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="menu_tpl.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--//
new menu (MENU_ITEMS, MENU_POS, MENU_STYLES);
//-->
</script>

In the <head> part of your sts-template.html file & NOT in the header.php file

Same way for the cat who asked like 10 times how to use coolmenu.

BTW :STS is a killa contrib, big up to its genitor :-)

PS: Im havin a problem with the PHPBB contrib & sts it says :

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /sts_display_output.php on line 16

& this goes on for like 100 lines if someone may help a brother on this onbe, that'd dbe greatly appreciated !

The problem with STS causing the screen to be blank seems to be its lack of compatibility with other contributions. I remvoed Header Tags Controller and got the screen back. However the STS template is not being recognized. Guess I will have to back out STS once again until I have time to remove all of the other contributions and install them one at a time. If anyone is able to figure this one out I would appreciate a message describing what you diid.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

My Webpage

Well, I was able to figure it out on my own. In case anyone else has the same problem, here's what was missing (this specifically worked for the Purchase Without Account MOD, but it applies to others I'm sure). The following code is missing from the bottom of the file:

Hey Jack, I think this might help you out.

I appreciate you mentioning it. In which file should I add the code? I'll give it a try.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am having the same problem. It has something to do with using oscommerce 2.2R1, the sts instructions are for R2. Anyone know how to get STS running with 2.2R1 I cannot upgrade at this time to 2.2.

-J

I appreciate you mentioning it. In which file should I add the code? I'll give it a try.

Jack

For me, it was any new file that a particular mod added on. The "Order Without Registration" added a file called Order_Info.php and I had to put that code at the very bottom of the page before the close tag (?>). I was just getting a blank screen otherwise.

This might not be the solution to your problem, but I though I'd mention it in case it helps.

i just couldn't read 43 pages so i'm posting this simple question

i'm new to php and all that so please excuse me...

i've had custom header on before i installed STS but now it changed back to the oscommerce.gif(i still have it the folder)

where do i need to change so i can have my header back on

TIA

Hi,

I've installed it on my OSCMS2.2 and it's working fine but.... i can't change the text through the standard stylesheet. In other words i'm not able to control the anything via stylesheet at the moment. Any idea how to do that?

Thanks.

For me, it was any new file that a particular mod added on. The "Order Without Registration" added a file called Order_Info.php and I had to put that code at the very bottom of the page before the close tag (?>).  I was just getting a blank screen otherwise.

This might not be the solution to your problem, but I though I'd mention it in case it helps.

I appreciate you mentioning it. This is, apparently, a somewhat common problem that no one knows how to fix so I appreciate any help at all. I tried adding the code you gave to the files but still the same thing. :( I'm really fighting uninstalling all contributions but looks like that is what I am going to have to do. :o Thanks again.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've installed it on my OSCMS2.2 and it's working fine but.... i can't change the text through the standard stylesheet. In other words i'm not able to control the anything via stylesheet at the moment. Any idea how to do that?

Thanks

Hi

I removed the font tags from the sts_template file and all works ok for me

Cheers Malc

I just installed osCommerce 2.2 and STS 1.8. Everything seems fine except that after installing STS, every page ends with "</". I don't see these characters in sts_template.html or footer.php files.

Can anyone help?

I have been taking an osCommerce and stripping it for use as a forum the client wanted the forum seperate from the catalog with its own database.

I wish to have the forum pages load where $content sits

do I use the code

$template['newsdeskbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['newsdeskbox'], 'newsdeskbox');

changing newsdeskbox for forum the page to be called is forum.php

this uses the OSC_forum_v.02 contribution.

what would my coding be and where would I place it in the sts_user_code or sts_display_output.

I am very new to php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Hi Malcolm, T

hanks for the tip. I did that but the same problem. I've removed the stylesheet.css from the catalog directory and put it into the "includes" folder where the sts_template.html resides. Below is the code of my sts_template.html code;

<html>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body bgcolor="#DFEFFF">

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111">

<tr class="header">

<td>$cataloglogo</td>

<td><div align="right"> </div></td>

</tr>

</table>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" bgcolor="#C1D3E1">

<tr class="headerNavigation">

<td>$breadcrumbs</td>

<td><div align="right">$myaccount

| $cartcontents | $checkout</div></td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111">

<tr>

<td width="125" valign="top" bgcolor="#C1D3E1"> <p>$categorybox</p>

<p>$searchbox</p>

<p>$informationbox</p></td>

<td valign="top"> <p>$content</p></td>

<td width="125" valign="top"> <p>$cartbox</p>

<p>$specialfriendbox</p>

<p>$reviewsbox</p></td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<tr>

<td><div align="center">$footer</div></td>

</tr>

</table>

<br>

<br>

<tr>

<td>

<p align="center">Copyright © 2003</td>

<td> <div align="right"> </div>

<div align="right"></div></td>

</tr>

</table>

<p> </p>

</body>

</html>

Can anyone help me to work that out?

Thanks.

Brian - Thank you. Thank you so much! I've only installed two contributions to the osCommerce package so far, but they've been HUGE. Easy Populate and now this ... all your hard work is paying off for many of us I'm sure.

I'm not a beginner at installing scripts, but I'm no pro either. I literally installed your contribute, changed the template and had this in no more than 10 minutes:

http://cheapwebsolutions.com/phpDemos/osco...talog/index.php

It's nothing spectacular, but it matches my site. I can't wait to try it with some high-end templates. I'm sure I'll run into some issues, but to hit the ground running like this is huge.

Thanks again to you and the osCommerce team. I'll definitely be making a donation.