• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Great contribution. All is working perfectly for me, except my Tell A Friend adds the viewed item to the cart instead of going to the tell a friend page......please help on this.

Thanks

my tell-a-firend mod stopped functioning too. it just puts the item into the shopping cart and takes me there. great contribution tho!!

Is it possible to use the Specials box with this contribution?

When I put the $specialsbox code in my template it does not work.

Edited by tlg

no there isn't .  :huh:  Where do I get this file from?

Oh, and I'm using 2.2MS1 which came installed with my host

You might want to upgrade to MS2. filenames.php would be included with MS2. If you are still early in the process (your store is not live, etc.). Then it would be best to upgrade the store now rather than try to get newer contributions to work with the older versions.

JMO,

Matt

I got the following error after install the STS

Warning: main(includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allanim/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/allanim/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 53

I saw there is someone have the same problem....

but seems there is no solution posted up ever..

Can anyone help me on this?

and i found out database_tables.php is also missing... where can i get those file?

Thnaks

I'm now running into the same problem for Purchase Without Account (PWA).? When I turn on $display_normal_output for debugging the Order_Info.php page displays below the sts_template.html.? So I guess what's happening is STS doesn't know how to recognize Order_Info.php.?

Like I've said before, I'm not a programmer.. so for those of you that are, maybe you could help me about how to make STS recognize this file?? Maybe something needs to be added to the sts_user_code.php?

It looks like the problem is that you are not capturing the $sts_block['columnleft2columnright'] block, which is where STS gets the $content variable from.

This is normally started at the bottom of includes/columnleft.php and stopped at the top of includes/columnright.php

I don't have access to the program, but it looks like PWA is somehow turning it the capture or something.

Does this at least give you somewhere to look?

- Brian

What code do I need to add to the Order_Info.php file in order for it to recognize the sts mod? I've read and re-read the posts on this thread regarding it, and I've tried to hack it out too...I just can't jigure it out. Thanks for the help and the great mod! _brian

wow... great contrib! I've done some MS1 installs and had to fix the look getting my hands pretty dirty lol, so I'm really happy you came up with this :)

I had started working on a catalog some time ago and then dropped it.. but in this catalog, I used a dropdown menu for the categories instead of having them in a box on the side

how can I do this dropdown with your template system?

thanks in advance! :)

I'm really sorry... it must be the fact that I'm falling asleep here... I just read that you added $catmenu in version 1.8 :rolleyes:

thanks again

I'll install MS2 and STS on it and see how it goes ;)

Edited by Anguz

Thank you Brian, great contribution.

You can see STS 1.4 implementation in action on my demo site.

would you please advise where to get version 1.4? I see ver1.2 on download site only.

Also, the demo site link doesn't work.

Thanks

Edited by clia

would you please advise where to get version 1.4? I see ver1.2 on download site only.

Thanks

You can download the latest version (now STS v1.8) from the link in my signature below.

- Brian

Simple Template System (STS)

Layout your site with 1 (or more) HTML file!

Download STS: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58541

Thanks

Sorry ;) this is new link to my demo site.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

(\__/)

(O.o )

(> < )

Hello,

Dis anyone tried to install the affiliate contribution together witn simple template system contribution?

If yes, could you tell me how I can make the affiliate box appear on template.html.

I've tried making it like the other boxes, in column_left.php:

ob_start();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'affiliate.php');

$osc_block['affiliatebox'] = ob_get_contents();

ob_end_clean();

and adding

echo $osc_block['affiliatebox'];

then placing $affiliatebox on my template.html file

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks

It ain't easy being me either

Hi.

When I changed the background for some tables in the sts_template.html file by frontpage. It worked well. However, when I replaced the old template file by the new one, then went to my catalog page. The background is exactly the same. Do you guys know why???

Thanks

I have attempted to install STS versions 1.2, 1.7, 1.8 on clean install of oscommerce 2.2ms2. The configure.php has the added section and the connection information. However, on all versions of the install I am getting 2 error message. See below:

Warning: main(includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/joplinli/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/joplinli/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 53

I received 2-3 version of this same message. The first and most common was the same directory same file on line 511 with I believe the STS_START_CAPTURE and possible one other in that same area of the configure.php. on the application_top or bottom. Sorry to be a little less informative on the other errors however I have tried this about 10 times. The frustration has kicked in.

I did read a similar forum post problem. However, I check all the thing that responded to in the post and all were correct. I am out of ideas and still a newbie at php & mysql.

Any assistants you can provided me with would be greatly appreciated.

Site: Store Front

Dayze Day

[email protected]

OK, I've fixed my affiliate box problem.

For some reason, I've installed STS version 1.2, updated on 09/09/2003,

which does not have all the features...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1506

Don't know why this is still supported?? Anyway, I've re-installed with v1.8

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

which has all the features appearing on the forum.

The 2 contribs should appear on the same page, so people installing it for the first time can find the right one first. I'm quite frustrated because I've spent too many hours trying to adapt an old version without finding why I was wrong.

Great contrib, by the way.

Thanks

It ain't easy being me either

Can someone pls help me out. Here are the links to my catalog and my sts_template.html file. As you can see, the catalog does not display the background that I set on my template file. I link to the background image by absolute link (http://.....). Pls help.

http://s88204857.onlinehome.us/catalog/index.php

http://s88204857.onlinehome.us/catalog/inc...s_template.html

Pls excuse for the crap looking. It's still on trial... Thanks

The 2 contribs should appear on the same page, so people installing it for the first time can find the right one first. I'm quite frustrated because I've spent too many hours trying to adapt an old version without finding why I was wrong.

Great contrib, by the way.

Thanks

I have posted a note on the old download redirecting users to the new one.

My apologies - I didn't know the old one was still up there.

- Brian

Simple Template System (STS)

Layout your site with 1 (or more) HTML file!

Download STS: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58541

Hi Jef ( an anyone else who may know the answer :) ),

Did the newer version solve your problem, or did you still have to add some code to make it show up? I have installed this Mod and it works GREAT (from the beginning). The only issue I have run into is when I try to get it work with some other mods.

I think it's as simple as getting STS to recognize the new page (whatever the name/function of the page is). Based on what I've read, I'm not capturing the $sts_block['columnleft2columnright'] correctly.

Does anyone know, the easiest way to insert this into the page? Thanks for the support everyone!

Brian

If this has been covered previously my sincere apologies.

STS seems to be working well; however, I've discovered that the "more info" link used to explain the differences between visitor's and member's carts that is located on the initial checkout page comes in using my STS format in partial form with the standard text completely missing. There are no error messages.

This problem can be seen at sunsetgifts.com. I've also noticed what is apparently an identical situation at shorebreakonline.com/catalog, a store discussed within this thread several days ago. Since this is the only STS site I've looked at other than my own regarding these symptoms, the problem may well be widespread.

In viewing other sites not using STS, I've noticed that the resultant page is normally devoid of standard Oscommerce formatting and usually displays as simple text on a bare background.

I've no idea whether this problem is related to this contribution; but, I thought I'd seek help here first. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Allen

Apologies, I know this must have been covered, but I'm having trouble finding info about creating multiple template pages.

The last note says, "4) If custom template file is not defined for the current script, it will use STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE file instead." Not sure what this means.

I created the /catalog/includes/sts_templates/ folder and named my template home.php.html. When I bring this file up it doesn't display any of the included OSC tags; however, when I bring up the sts_template.html file (basically the same template), it does display the tags.

Can some give a rough outline of what needs to be done to create multiple templates (i.e. home, product info, etc.)? Or provide a URL to another posting.

Thanks!

thx for this great contrib - but how do i add for example infoboxes - newsdesk or other contribs ?

Short Version:

In /includes/column_left.php: Duplicate the code in column_left.php that you find around the require(BOXFILENAME) and make sure that the $sts_block_name has the correct name for the block ABOVE it. This is the name you'll use for the variable in the sts_template.html file.

NOTE: I moved ALL boxes into column_left.php to make maintaining it easier so you don't have to figure out which (left or right) file the boxes are stored in. If you want to put stuff in column_right it will work, but it's easier to just leave them in column_left.php.

In /includes/sts_display_output.php: In the Create custom boxes

section, add a new line like this:

$template['newsdeskbox'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['newsdeskbox'], 'newsdeskbox');

That should be all you need to do. In the above example, you can then use $newsdeskbox as a variable name in your sts_template.html file.

If you need more details, let me know.

- bg

Hello, I've tried to add a box to use in sts_template.html and it didnt work.... After copying the code in column_left.php i dont know what name should i give to the function: tep_cache_......_box ?? I'm trying to add the tell_a_friend.php to the template...

If somebody could help me....

Great contribute, got it installed but there is 2 problem

1) with tell a friend,

Upon entering email and click on send it add the product to the shopping cart instead!.. :blink:

I've combed thru the post and cannot find a fix to this problem, there are about 3 others post enquiring this same problem... any kind hearted soul like to give some enlightenment?? :)

2) Another question is I've got GV installed but once sts is added the GV doesnt checkout if a give voucher code is entered during check out.

once the give voucher code is removed, the checkout went thru..

how can i modifiy GV or STS to work together

Pls help :blink: thanks