• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi Brian,

STS looks like what ive been looking for. But I have just a few questions before installing...

1, should it be used with MS2 to make sure it works correctly, or will CVS work fine?

2, Does STS support NOCHEX?

3, If you were to pick some contributions you would install along with STS what would they be? dont really have to answer this one, just curious what you think are the core contributions to use.

I used previously Box Images plugin to change the picture ontop of the info boxes, do you know if this will still work?

Because i think this looks like it is too easy and after pulling down my shop and putting it back up ill find it wont be, the HTML file and table properties can be modified to what ever I want? and the CSS can be anything my heart desires?

Great work Brian

Seems like today is the day for questions :)

First off great contribution!

My question is has anyone been able to use a template element(image) as a background for a table cell?

I'm using v1.6 on ms2. I have been able to define all the template elements in sts_user_code but just haven't been able to get the backgrounds to work.

Please... I can not get it to work. When I hit the sts_template.html with the browser, I get the page as it looks with the tags in text. ex. $cataloglogo, etc

(Here it is: http://www.shorebreakonline.com/catalog/in...s_template.html )

Yes, I did install osc2.2ms2 and have it working. Yes, I followed the instructions on STS 1.6 according to Brian: copiedd the files to /catalog/includes and added the lines to configure.php...

I have spent the last 2+ hours working on STS installing and re-installing and reading through the forum threads.

I appreciate any ideas!?!

Ive come across a few serious issues with STS whilst trying to install it with a new installation of MS2

I got alot of errors such as

Template file doesn't exist: [sTS_TEMPLATE] Warning: fopen("STS_TEMPLATE", "r") - No such file or directory in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 71 Can't open Template file: [sTS_TEMPLATE] Warning: stat failed for STS_TEMPLATE (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 75 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 75 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 76 Fatal error: Failed opening required 'STS_USER_CODE' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 82

I got alot previously so the first few i simply altered the information in the .php files so instead of it looking for

// STS: ADD

$sts_block_name = 'header2columnleft';

require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);

// STS: EOADD

It said

// STS: ADD

$sts_block_name = 'header2columnleft';

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_restart_capture.php');

which worked, but with every passing page there was a different error on the next page.

Now what i did was intergrated STS into the installation before upgrading.. I think this might have caused the issue?

Also the README.TXT STS 1.6 seems to be missing some vital information....

Its says as quoated

Then copy the following files into your /catalog/includes directory.

application_top.php

header.php

column_left.php

column_right.php

footer.php

application_bottom.php

sts_start_capture.php

sts_stop_capture.php

sts_display_output.php

sts_template.html

and then below it says

Add these lines to your /catalog/includes/configure.php script.? These lines

should go before the final line with the ?> characters on it.

// STS: ADD: Define Simple Template System files

? define('STS_START_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_start_capture.php');

? define('STS_STOP_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_stop_capture.php');

? define('STS_RESTART_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_restart_capture.php');

? define('STS_TEMPLATE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_template.html');

? define('STS_DISPLAY_OUTPUT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_display_output.php');

? define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');

No problem.. what it fails to mention in the above section is to upload the sts_user_code.php and sts_restart_capture.php

Luckily I picked up on this really quickly as I realised the extra config lines would tell me where to put the files.

Edited by spartan2

Can someone please help, im really stuck.

I went through all the files and edited all the lines that referred to the wrong locations, but now ive got to

Template file doesn't exist: [sTS_TEMPLATE] Warning: Wrong parameter count for fopen() in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 71 Can't open Template file: [sTS_TEMPLATE] Warning: stat failed for STS_TEMPLATE (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 75 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 75 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 76

And i cant get around it ... ignore the first 2 lines because i took something away to see if it might work and it didnt, but havent put it back. still im getting all the same errors.

Ive followed the Readme and even used compare&merge to do the advanced install.

If someone could help I would really appreciate it.

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.neo-tokyo-comics.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.neo-tokyo-comics.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/neotokyo/public_html/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '********');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*********');

define('DB_DATABASE', '*********');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'true'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

// STS: ADD: Define Simple Template System files

define('STS_START_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_start_capture.php');

define('STS_STOP_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_stop_capture.php');

define('STS_RESTART_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_restart_capture.php');

define('STS_TEMPLATE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_template.html');

define('STS_DISPLAY_OUTPUT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_display_output.php');

define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');

?>

********* = Omitted information

Ive fixed the problem...

it was really simple.. I had write protected my configure.pho file and totally forgot about it.

So it looked like it was being uploaded correctly (Using a FTP client) but it didnt accept it. Annoying thing is it didnt report back that it couldnt write over it.

HEADER TAG CONTROLLER

Hi

Can any one tell me which part of this contribution to add to STS...I must admit to being a little confused about which version to download and what files to add to where..

Help please :P

Cheers malc

Hi

I am also getting this error when I check the catalog in my browser...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_banner_status() (previously declared in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\general.php:718) in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\banner.php on line 15

All worked fine untill I started to add the header tag contribution

Any one help please

Cheers Malc

hi

I am trying to add the sql file for Header Tags Controller v2.1 and am getting the following error message....

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '(300) NULL' at line 1

any ideas

Cheers Malc :blink:

use this for the databse by adding from phpmyadmin

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

that should work for the sql problem

for the catalog side the error for the general.php and the banner.php have you modified these files from another contribution

Hi

for the catalog side the error for the general.php and the banner.php have you modified these files from another contribution

The only contributions I have added are...STS v1.6 and WYSIWYG HTMLAreaMS2v1_7 and both were working fine... and neither of these alter general.php and the banner.php

Cheers Malc

Hi Again

OK thanks for your help asiabound....I Have now managed to add the Header Tags Controller both admin and catalog and no error messages.....Yipee

For the life in me I cant find in the Admin where you can add title,description, and key words.... I have checked the source code in my browser and the meta tags are showing ....

<!-- BOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

<META NAME="Reply-to" CONTENT="[email protected]">

<META NAME="Description" Content="WebMasters and Wannabies alike, find the resources you need to develop your own site or sites for business.">

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="webmasters webmakers domain domains virtual servers ecommerce shopping cart banners submissions advertising">

<title>The WebMakers Corner</title>

<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

:(

I didn't know you had to be psychic as well :D

More help please

Cheers Malc

the way the taqs work on the admin side is when you add a new item you will see a 2 new fields for the description and the keywords

you will need to edit the file /catalog/includes/languages/header_tags.php to reflect your settings

Edited by asiabound

@ Malc

I found that text whilst 'esploring' the other day:

catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

(Same suff is in /german/ , /espanol/ etc as well)

Hi all,

Ive got STS working just fine and got it so i can posistion anything I want around the screen, with no limitations.

What I am having trouble with now however, is before I used a contrib called box_images, which was a very handy contrib which put imahes at the top and bottom of your info boxes, all you did was upload a new image to whatever you wanted.

I cant seem to get it to work. Anyone had similar issues when using this contrib?

Hi

Have been trying to add the following Add Metta Tags to Product Pages...... and I am getting the following errors

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1357

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php:1357) in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php:1357) in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

I have been trying to sort this out for about 3 hours and getting no where...

Any one help please

Cheers Malc

I have installed the above contribution but i seem to receive the following error message:

Warning: main(includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allan/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/allan/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Any Idea's

Tom Upton

I have installed the above contribution but i seem to receive the following error message:

Warning: main(includes/filenames.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/allan/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/allan/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 53

Any Idea's

Tom Upton

Did you get this fixed? I have same error ...

Thanks

Please... I can not get it to work. When I hit the sts_template.html with the browser, I get the page as it looks with the tags in text. ex. $cataloglogo, etc

Yes, I did install osc2.2ms2 and have it working. Yes, I followed the instructions on STS 1.6 according to Brian: copiedd the files to /catalog/includes and added the lines to configure.php...

I have spent the last 2+ hours working on STS installing and re-installing and reading through the forum threads.

I am having the same problem.. Anyone have any ideas what we are doing wrong?

thanks

-Nick

I am having the same problem.. Anyone have any ideas what we are doing wrong?

thanks

-Nick

You dont need to point the browser at sts_template.html

Just point your browser at catalog/index.php and you will notice there are lines around certain areas.

http://www.shorebreakonline.com/catalog/

That looks all fine now.. all you have to do is edit the STS_TEMPLATE.HTML file into the layout you want. Putting the references in place where you need them (ie $cataloglogo in which ever table you need will put the oscommerce.gif in that box (if you havent changed it that is:P ))

Hope that helps.

Hey there.

Firstly I have to say, great contribution for a great open source shop!

I noticed a little thing about STS, after I installed it on a clean OSC (tried MS2 and current CVS), I can't get the product_review_info page work. Because I really like this feature, this make's me some headache.

Any hint how to fix this?!

Thanks in advance.