• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi all

Here comes a noob question so please bear with me.

I have STS4.6 installed on RC2 and now have made some extra pages with Bill Kellum´s contri for making extra pages.

I have 3 languages and i have made a new page for each language.

What i would like to know is : how do i put in a Table and design these pages as in Dreamweaver , when i put in a table in design view it doesn´t show up on the website , but when i put a table in in code view i have no idea what it looks like in real life and it doesn´t show up in design view.

I have been reading the manual and on the forum but i just don´t get it.

Any help is greatly apriciated.

My website is HERE , have a look at the pages in my header navigation ( only " Códigos VIN " has something in it)

Greets, Rob

Well , i solved the problem by just creating the table in a new file and copy the code into the correct(i hope) file ;-)

Altho i do not understand why it does what it does it is a workable situation!

Gr, Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I know i asked this before but it´s still not resolved.

I get a error log ful with:

[21-Dec-2010 16:18:33] PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/dynamenu/lib/layersmenu-common.inc.php on line 487
[21-Dec-2010 16:18:33] PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/dynamenu/lib/layersmenu-common.inc.php on line 793

I already changed the "ereg_replace" om line 793 into "preg_replace" but this gives this code:

[21-Dec-2010 16:22:42] PHP Warning:  preg_replace() [<a href='function.preg-replace'>function.preg-replace</a>]: Empty regular expression in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/dynamenu/lib/layersmenu-common.inc.php on line 793

If i change ereg-replace in line 487 into preg-replace it gives a error in my browser (FF) ; LayersMenu Error: setMenuStructureString: empty string.

Halted.

I already installed a contribution to get everything working in PHP 5.... but this still keeps popping up.

I seem to have this on several lines , what do i do as this fills up the error log quite rapidly as it uses about 12Gb in 2 days of my webspace.

Many many thanks for all help you can give me.

Gr, Rob

Sorry if i sound stupid, but i'm just 13 and making to my mum *(who always made all for us) and her husb a shop online as a xmas prezi. My friend help me to make the site (www.bathhut.co.uk - using wix.com) and my step-father gave me the items prices so i made all the shop by myself (and my little brother make the pics and info for the products using internet search). we made all this job using oscommerce online merchant v2.2 rc2 (which we installed using fantastico on the control page justhost.com offer to us)

(www.bathhut.co.uk/venda)

Now, i read all about this STS but i cant find on the rute page (control page of justhost.com ???) where i should put what i download in. In the true, as i undestood, i need to install it because i was trying to use a new ''skin'' on the shop to look like more professional. i find a nice skin on www.ezosc.com, then i download in the computer. i asked their help but they charge so much to 'help'. I download as well this sts 4.6 (as i understood on the forums is the last - but the path they teach here ''catalog/languages/index and modules //on the forums and other sources - i cant find...)

sorry if i sound so stupid but im a week already in the room if my little brother doing this and we dont want make nothing wrong and damage the present we work so hard to make to mummy.

Please, if someone read this message and know where i need to put this files we download or what we must do, please... give a hand to us!

many many thanks and god bless your xmas!

Peetooh

Hmmmm , nobody??

For now i have set my error_reporting level to 0 to stop the files from being filled up so i can address this in a later stage as this site needs to go live asap , but it seems to me that more people will have this problem and a solution has to be found sooner or later.

Is there maybe a update coming to correct this PHP 5. .. problem? ( as i understood that it has to do with the change to PHP 5...)

Gr, Rob

• 1 month later...

Had to move STS based website (host upgraded to PHP5 etc and globals-off) so took the opportunity of upgrading osC from 2.2MS-2 to 2.2Rc2a and reinstalled STS 4.6 dated 15 Feb 2010. When trying to access the website, I get this error message..

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sts_strip_unwanted_tags() (previously declared in /home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sts.php:19) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sts.php on line 39

Found mention of this problem on older STS forum (Post 497 24 Dec 2003) and tried suggested amend there, but to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction - please?

Code around line 39 is...

// Now let's un-reverse it

$tmpstr = strrev($tmpstr);

// print "<hr>After cleaning tmpstr:" . strlen($tmpstr) . ": FULL=[". htmlspecialchars($tmpstr) . "]<hr>\n";

return "\n<!-- start $commentlabel //-->\n$tmpstr\n<!-- end $commentlabel //-->\n";

}

// STRIP_CONTENT_TAGS() - Remove text before "body_text" and after "body_text_eof"

function strip_content_tags($tmpstr, $commentlabel) {

// Now lets remove the <tr><td> that the require puts in front of the tableBox

$tablestart = strpos($tmpstr, "<table");

$formstart = strpos($tmpstr, "<form");

I am trying to add the PDF Upload and Display module to my STS products info page. The module doesn't come with a php file, just a gif file placed in the images folder. The coding is actually done on the old product_info.php file to place the image with embedded link just above the reviews button.

I have tried adding this code to the sts_user_code.php file:-

include(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pdf_1.gif');

$sts->stop_capture ('pdfdisplay'); // Get the result to the main array

$template_pinfo['pdfdisplay']= $sts->template['pdfdisplay']; // Put it in the product info

as well as (this didn't work for the XSell thing I did but the above did - with the names, etc changed obviously):-

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pdf_1.gif');

$sts->stop_capture('pdfdisplay', 'box');

All this displays on my product page is:-

GIF89a³ÿÿÿÿÙÿVXÙVXí$ìîìÙÚÙÅÆÅÙŸÿÚÙ±ÿŸöööÿÿÿ!ù,@–ðÉ ª½w>`‚ùÝçy àœ' I&zC° V]@ê;o´™UËåP؈•ðU` ‰˜¨ÔDe…B»œî倾àtµyÂH¥¦¥;<é¦Lïäá3¥ö†ÿ\@W#"WzI>„‡\.8$"[Ž‰w—cKHOu,› yD : hI§M{)²·P;

This is what you get by opening the pdf_1.gif in a text editor.

Any ideas?

I am trying to add the PDF Upload and Display module to my STS products info page. The module doesn't come with a php file, just a gif file placed in the images folder. The coding is actually done on the old product_info.php file to place the image with embedded link just above the reviews button.

I have tried adding this code to the sts_user_code.php file:-

as well as (this didn't work for the XSell thing I did but the above did - with the names, etc changed obviously):-

All this displays on my product page is:-

This is what you get by opening the pdf_1.gif in a text editor.

Any ideas?

Scrap that. I figured it out. Added the solution to the Contribution page

Hello I tried about 2 days to install STS but without any good result, so I installed a new clean osCommerce and want to install it manually, I read it is better, but in the first file listed in tutorial that I should modify: catalog/admin/modules.php

Find: switch ($set) {

I didn't find this one in the whole module.php I used search a lot of times, and checked by myself also, can anyone help me with this problem that don't allow me to sleep for 2 days :)

I'm using STS together with One Page Checkout, which seems to be the problem. The required fields doesn't seem to work at all, you can post an order without filling in any information at all. Anyone solved this problem?

STS is not the problem. Check your installation of One Page Checkout.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello I tried about 2 days to install STS but without any good result, so I installed a new clean osCommerce and want to install it manually, I read it is better, but in the first file listed in tutorial that I should modify: catalog/admin/modules.php

Find: switch ($set) {

I didn't find this one in the whole module.php I used search a lot of times, and checked by myself also, can anyone help me with this problem that don't allow me to sleep for 2 days :)

STS currently does not work with osc v2.3.1 unless you uninstall the stock template engine. STS will work with osc RC2a.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Scrap that. I figured it out. Added the solution to the Contribution page

The correct location for the upload would have the STS Power Pack site, a site dedicated to all STS addons such as your PDF uploader for STS.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Had to move STS based website (host upgraded to PHP5 etc and globals-off) so took the opportunity of upgrading osC from 2.2MS-2 to 2.2Rc2a and reinstalled STS 4.6 dated 15 Feb 2010. When trying to access the website, I get this error message..

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sts_strip_unwanted_tags() (previously declared in /home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sts.php:19) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sts.php on line 39

Found mention of this problem on older STS forum (Post 497 24 Dec 2003) and tried suggested amend there, but to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction - please?

Code around line 39 is...

// Now let's un-reverse it

$tmpstr = strrev($tmpstr);

// print "<hr>After cleaning tmpstr:" . strlen($tmpstr) . ": FULL=[". htmlspecialchars($tmpstr) . "]<hr>\n";

return "\n<!-- start $commentlabel //-->\n$tmpstr\n<!-- end $commentlabel //-->\n";

}

// STRIP_CONTENT_TAGS() - Remove text before "body_text" and after "body_text_eof"

function strip_content_tags($tmpstr, $commentlabel) {

// Now lets remove the <tr><td> that the require puts in front of the tableBox

$tablestart = strpos($tmpstr, "<table");

$formstart = strpos($tmpstr, "<form");

It would have been better to uninstall the older version of STS and then install v4.6.

Try this: Use a file comparison tool such as Beyond Compare to compare your current setup with the STSv4.6 contribution. Remove any STS files/code that is not part of STSv4.6.

Note: STSv4.6 does not have any issues such as you are experiencing.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Does this version of sts work with oscommerce 3.1, If not where can i get version 2.2 of oscommerce?

STSv4.6 will work with osc v2.3.1 as long as you remove the stock osCommerce template engine. You do this by reverse engineering the code by undoing the changes suggested in the osC RC2a to osCv2.3.1 upgrade instructions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hmmmm , nobody??

For now i have set my error_reporting level to 0 to stop the files from being filled up so i can address this in a later stage as this site needs to go live asap , but it seems to me that more people will have this problem and a solution has to be found sooner or later.

Is there maybe a update coming to correct this PHP 5. .. problem? ( as i understood that it has to do with the change to PHP 5...)

Gr, Rob

This is most likely at the very bottom of most user's priority list as it does not cause any operational issues with osCommerce or STS.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I know my way around OSC and STS reasonably well. Current installation is newly updated, using STS4.8 with rc2.

I'd like to kick this site up a notch by using one of the Web fonts engines currently available. Typekit is probably the most well known, but there are several others. They basically get you around the dilemma of the limited fonts available to most users by serving your chosen fonts to your website visitors. It works something like this:

1) Have your website design ready.

2) Choose the fonts you'd like to use.

3) Modify your CSS so that all your selectors include your chosen fonts. So, for example, a selector might read "Gill Sans," verdana, sans-serif--with Gill Sans being the font you'll be getting from the Web fonts service. It's one that's not available to all users.

4) Pay your money down.

5) Receive *this handy-dandy snippet of javascript, which you will install in your pages' head content*

6) Sit back and enjoy the beauty and style of your newly designed Website.

I'm a little concerned about that snippet of javascript. I'm making the assumption that it will need to be installed in my STS templates as opposed to the OSC core files. Is that a good assumption? Is it likely to cause heartburn or otherwise raise "heck" with STS? It would be nice to get some input on Step 5 before undertaking the all-important but expensive Step 4. An awful lot of the big kids are doing this now.

Thanks, everyone!

Anne

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to get Quantity Price Breaks Per Product to work with STS Simple Template System?

I've tried to create the $x$ tags but have run into errors.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

I did it long ago http://printing.selfip.org/1colona/product_info.php?products_id=91

i have problem with ultimate SEO and product info. If someone can help me with this i will gladly pay for help

Kind regards

Zoran

I will pay anyone who can make my STSv4.6 and Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO work together. Problem is Product info file. STS does not pickupp product_info.php.html template. Switching off Ultimate SEO in admin everything works just fine.

Thanks in advance

Zoran

• 4 weeks later...

the install.html says copy files from the sts folder... do i copy these into my stores folders accordingly?

for example...

while copying ( from STS directory ) - includes\classes\sts.php

do i copy this file into my stores /includes folder? or the root directory? ( store\catalog\includes ) or ( store\catalog )

----

also...

the install says to find --- switch ($set) { -- in admin/modules.php - i am editing the file in text edit, and i cannot find this code anywhere.

same is happening with catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/modules.php

thanks in advance

-joe