• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Depends on what you want to do. If it is about changing the way the items are getting listed, then maybe you should try a product listing contribution. If you want to do something else, then can you say what?

Hi Multimixer, thank you for answering my question, I just want to have my own layout for this part, please see below dummy layout.

question3b.jpg

Here are items I installed for my Osc.

a. oscommerce-2.2rc2a

b. Additional Images v2.1.1

c. fancy lightbox

d. lightbox effect in AI version 2

e. STSv4.5.8_1_2_1

Thank you for your advise!

You can use both very well, you just need to have the right tags defined and of course you need to place them into your product_info template.

What exactly is the problem?

I solved this problem by installing the "Additional Images for STS content pages - version1" add-on, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I posted this topic in the general osCommerce forum nearly a week ago but havent got an answer so maybe its something specific to STS? Here's what i wrote:

Hi,

I am using PayPal Express Checkout to handle all payments on my site. When i go to the checkout page it shows me the Delivery Address Information page and then the Payment Information page on my site before they are brought to PayPal site which then does all this again. If i instead go to my cart contents page and hit the "Checkout" button it does the same again as just mentioned but if i hit the PayPal button just below this i skip the Delivery Information and Payment Information screens on my site and instead am brought directly to the PayPal site... which is what i want as i presume the delivery info is actually taken from what is inserted on the PayPal site?

Does anyone know how i can set it up to always just go straight to the PayPal site?

Thanks!

Paypal Express checkout button and flow is bit different from normal checkout.

If thats the only option You have on Your site make sure to block the other pages and redirect visitors, so that they click on the paypal express checkout button.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Installed the neswet version of STS and I'm really impressed. I am running into one problem that we can't seem to fix. We are using custom templates for the infoboxes. Of course each one has the "$content" included. We can change the font for enerything in the template and it event changes the font of the information inside the "$content" but we can't change the font size. No matter what size we specify in the template the font size does not change.

For example I can enter the code:

<font face="Rockwell Extra Bold" style="font-size: 28pt">TEST  $content  TEST </td>

The page would display the words "TEST" in the Rockwell Extra Bold font in the correct size. The information inserted from "$content" would also have the Rockwell Extra Bold font but would be a much smaller size (about a 12pt).

In need to be albe to change the size of everything. How do I correct this?

Thanks

Dale

In need to be albe to change the size of everything. How do I correct this?

It's all in your stylesheet.css. For example, if I want to change the font size for the informationbox I find this rule

.boxText {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 11px;
}

Search around and you will find what you need.

You can cancel the existing definitions and create your own. For this, you need to go to the corresponding .php files. For example, I wanted to have a particular styling in the short description I have in my specials box, so I went to includes/boxes/specials.php and in this part of the file

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => ............

i have -among others - this definition

<div align="left"><span class="desccontentspec" > '. $random_product['short_desc'] .'</span></div>

and of course the corresponding entry in my stylesheet

It's all in your stylesheet.css. For example, if I want to change the font size for the informationbox I find this rule

.boxText {
}

According to information I found elsewhere in these forums the stylesheet should be "catalog/includes/stylesheet.css" but there is no stylesheet there. I did find "catalog/stylesheet" and made changes there but it didn't change anything. Am I using the corect stylesheet? I beleve I saw another one at "catalog/admin/includes/stylesheet.css"

Which one is the correct one or is there another one somewhere I should be using?

Another question. If the font is set by the style sheet, why is it that I can change the font in the templates (including the font in the "$content" section but I can't change the font size? Why would one change but not the other?

Thanks

Dale

.boxText {
}

You can cancel the existing definitions and create your own. For this, you need to go to the corresponding .php files. For example, I wanted to have a particular styling in the short description I have in my specials box, so I went to includes/boxes/specials.php and in this part of the file

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => ............

i have -among others - this definition

<div align="left"><span class="desccontentspec" > '. $random_product['short_desc'] .'</span></div>

and of course the corresponding entry in my stylesheet

I have tried making changes using the stylesheet. It will change the fonts and sizes when STS is turned off. Once I activate STS the test in the boxes will change as I specify in the templates but the size does not change. The stylesheet has no effect on the font or size of the font once STS is turned on. As I've said before I can't understand how I can use the templates to change the font but it won't change the size of the font. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Dale

STS and Lightbox work perfectly well together. As with all things, you have to understand the principal of how lightbox works in order to configure it correctly.

Hi Bill, I just installed your update to STS and am trying to get Lightbox 2 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6517) to work with it.

The non-STS install requires this code be placed into the <head> of Catalog / product_info.php:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script src="js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="js/lightbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

A user said to use with STS just insert the above code into the <head> of /catalog/includes/sts_template.html. My sts_template.html is actually stored in the default location for full /catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/sts_template.html

I tried with the code as is and then figured I need to change the path to the lightbox files so did so for all, eg.: <link rel="stylesheet" href="../../../css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

but still couldn't get it to work...do you know what other changes I need to make to get it to work? Thanks much.

STS and Lightbox work perfectly well together. As with all things, you have to understand the principal of how lightbox works in order to configure it correctly.

Hi Bill, I just installed your update to STS and am trying to get Lightbox 2 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6517) to work with it.

The non-STS install requires this code be placed into the <head> of Catalog / product_info.php:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script src="js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="js/lightbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

A user said to use with STS just insert the above code into the <head> of /catalog/includes/sts_template.html. My sts_template.html is actually stored in the default location for full /catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/sts_template.html

I tried changing the path to for all the files, eg.: <link rel="stylesheet" href="../../../css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

but still couldn't get it to work...do you know what other changes I need to make to get it to work? Thanks much.

I am using this mod right now and I wanted to know if it took If Else conditions? Or anything other then html inside the template files. Right now I have a .html file for every .php file in my index and the only thing changed per file is an image header (index.gif for index.php, shopping_cart.gif for shopping_cart.php). I wanted to know if it's possible to edit the sts_template.html to just grab the correct image according to the php file it's on.

I am hoping someone can help me with this, have been trying to figure this out for days. I have a new store with STS and Option Types both installed. I have compared and Diffed the files multiple times. Basically the problem is that when I have STS enabled on product pages, it forces the product attribute to be a dropdown. No matter what I do I cannot get it to be a checkbox, or textarea, or text field even though that is what I have selected in the backend. As soon as I disable the template for the product page in STS, it works fine.

Please someone help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting started.

I've done all the individual modifications to each file for a non-fresh installation, and i've installed all templates from the admin modules menu.

The problem is when i try to toggle the 'Use Template?' setting to True (for default, popup image, and product info), It will not stay true. I click save and when i go back into edit mode, it shows false.

The index module is set to true. Is this because you can only use one or the other (default vs. index)?

or did i miss something?

I'm using osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Blake Paris

www.mythicstyle.net

"A Style for Every Story"

You on MySpace? Hit Me Up at www.myspace.com/mythicstyle

Hey guys

Got a quick question I am hoping someone knows the answer to.

With STS Templates can you link to the Placeholders (i.e. $content, $categorybox) outside of the Catalog?

I have my oscommerce installed in the catalog and would like to use the placeholders on my Index page.

If that makes sense.

Thanks Tim

How to secure your site. A must read

Hey guys

With STS Templates can you link to the Placeholders (i.e. $content, $categorybox) outside of the Catalog?

I have my oscommerce installed in the catalog and would like to use the placeholders on my Index page.

If that makes sense.

Thanks Tim

Hey guys

If that makes sense.

Thanks Tim

Hey guys

If that makes sense.

Thanks Tim

Hey guys

If that makes sense.

Thanks Tim

Hey guys

If that makes sense.

Thanks Tim

Something like this?

$sts->template['indexlink'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INDEX_HTML) .' class="headerNavigation">' .  TEXT_LINK_INDEX . '</a>';

So I place $indexlink into my template and it leads me to my index.html page. The tag is defined in sts_user_code.php

Or you do something like this

<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/" target="_blank" class="linSt1"><?php echo(LINK_OSC_FORUM); ?></a><br>

directly in my template. Here I loose the session ID, but in this case I don't care about

Edited by multimixer

is that possible to design layout for the 'content' new page, for example, i wish to add a table or picture or include placeholders.

Assumed that i am trying to create new page(artgallery.php) to oscommerce, then i wish to design layout on this, i.e. add table, picture, put $placeholders there like i did with index.php.html with css.

If yes, please kindly give instructions step by step for noobs like me. :)

is that possible to design layout for the 'content' new page, for example, i wish to add a table or picture or include placeholders.

Assumed that i am trying to create new page(artgallery.php) to oscommerce, then i wish to design layout on this, i.e. add table, picture, put $placeholders there like i did with index.php.html with css.