• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Simple Template System (sts)

DiamondSea

Hi

I am interested in finding a way to implement this contribution:

Links in Infobox header text

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5791

However, I tried it and it broke the site - I'm guessing it's not compatible with STS.

Anyone else know a way to get this working within STS?

Why would you want to use it with STS??? Simply use the infobox template feature already within STS and create your header text links to go anywhere you want.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I'm using STS v4.5.8 with the index module enabled and its working absolutely perfectly. However, I'm now looking to create a template for the first page of results for a specific category.

While obviously I can create a template named index.php_11.html for category 11, this template will then be used for each set of results pages within this category. To avoid any Google penalties for duplicate content on pages 2, 3, etc within the category, I want the template to apply only to page 1.

Does anybody know if this is possible? If so, how would I got about it?

Cheers

Andy

You have to save your infobox templates in your template folder's "boxes" folder.

See the STSv4 Forum link in my signature below (It will take you to a set of Newbie Links that you should read up on).

So I have looked at your tips and i did have a back up of the original template and I changed it back. I set the folder name in admin mode and turned on the infobox template. The structure of the template folder for infoboxes is includes/sts_templates/full2/boxes/ i just dont understand why this is not working?

Hi Michael,

I finally worked out how to use STS after I read this tutorial . Begin just down the page at "STS 4 - what does it do?". It's only about 5 pages or so, but it made it so much clearer for me.

Hope it helps you too.

Kind regards, Tina

So I have looked at your tips and i did have a back up of the original template and I changed it back. I set the folder name in admin mode and turned on the infobox template. The structure of the template folder for infoboxes is includes/sts_templates/full2/boxes/ i just dont understand why this is not working?

Hi Michael,

I finally worked out how to use STS after I read this tutorial . Begin just down the page at "STS 4 - what does it do?". It's only about 5 pages or so, but it made it so much clearer for me.

Hope it helps you too.

Kind regards, Tina

Tina,

Didn't you notice that the STSv4 Power Pack site (site dedicated to all STS add-ons) has a STS Tutorial free for the downloading?

I think too many STS Users forget about the STSv4 Power Pack download site. A link is provided in the STS User Manual (also full of helpful tips) as well as in my signature below.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi Bill,

No, I must admit, I didn't :blush:

Thanks so much for the tip. I'll take a look.

I love STS by the way.

Tina x

Tina,

Didn't you notice that the STSv4 Power Pack site (site dedicated to all STS add-ons) has a STS Tutorial free for the downloading?

I think too many STS Users forget about the STSv4 Power Pack download site. A link is provided in the STS User Manual (also full of helpful tips) as well as in my signature below.

Hi,

I have the featured products module installed, and noticed today that the featured.php in includes modules has issues with my current template.

1. its displayed in sts, except what would be the headertext is shown but not in the correct colour.

2. this appears to be due to the tep.link, as when you replace this with the standard sprintf it is displayed as I would expect, although now I dont have a link to my featured products.

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a>');

This displays correctly as black font outside sts with a link to the featured products in the header.

however in sts, I cant see the text because of the blck background image.

new products displays as black font colour outside sts and white inside sts.

The only difference is the the coding of the above line, indeed when I change it to:-

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')));

I get the right dipslay and no link, and the link is just as important. I have tried changing the class etc and have had no luck, with getting the correct display.

Can someone point me in the right direction please with this think I am missing something simple to get it to work.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

where can i download this? i saw the main page but i'm not seeing a place to download this...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Click on the Green Downward Arrow next to the Jan 23, 2008 4.5.8 release.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Just curious but would this conflict with the InfoBox Admin contribution?

I'm thinking it just might since it touches the info boxes....

Thanks!

Just curious but would this conflict with the InfoBox Admin contribution?

I'm thinking it just might since it touches the info boxes....

Thanks!

If you turn on the Infobox Template feature in Admin, it would over-ride the Infobox Admin contribution. Otherwise, STS would not effect that at all.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

How can i show the specialprice just if exists a specialprice?

And if exists a specialprice, show the regularpricestrike instead of regularprice...

thanks!

I'm assuming you are using a product info content template. If so, all you need to do is add in the tags for the regular price and the special price. Look to the sample product info template that was provided in the STSv4.5.8 download in the "sts_templates/full/content" folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Okay this is probably a really stupid question, because I have been pouring over the documentation of days now and I understand it, but it doesn't want to work. I keep trying to change the $content for my product info pages. I want to re-order all of it, the buttons from the bottom to the top under the product image and want to add more info boxes. I can't find a way.

My site is in development and located at: http://www.sonicfishconsulting.com/clients...coast/index.php

If someone could please, help... either here or email or phone or something, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Please and thank you! :rolleyes:

Okay this is probably a really stupid question, because I have been pouring over the documentation of days now and I understand it, but it doesn't want to work. I keep trying to change the $content for my product info pages. I want to re-order all of it, the buttons from the bottom to the top under the product image and want to add more info boxes. I can't find a way.

My site is in development and located at: http://www.sonicfishconsulting.com/clients...coast/index.php

If someone could please, help... either here or email or phone or something, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Please and thank you! :rolleyes:

Take a look at the sample product info content template provided in the "full/content" template folder that came with the contribution.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi!

I'm using STS and are very satisfied. Now I've installed the wishlist contribution, but I can't figure out how to make a add to wishlist button placeholder in STS that works! Would be so happy with any help.

:rolleyes:

Hi!

I'm using STS and are very satisfied. Now I've installed the wishlist contribution, but I can't figure out how to make a add to wishlist button placeholder in STS that works! Would be so happy with any help.

:rolleyes:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1353096

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I tried that, none of those want to work.

If the sample product info content template is not working for you....

1. You do not have the Product Info Module turned on and enabled in the Admin
  2. You do not have STSv4.5.8 installed correctly

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

If the sample product info content template is not working for you....

1. You do not have the Product Info Module turned on and enabled in the Admin
  2. You do not have STSv4.5.8 installed correctly

I had someone do it for me because I was confused on how, so perhaps it is installed incorrectly. Is there an OsCommerce bundle with STS already installed that I can download?

I had someone do it for me because I was confused on how, so perhaps it is installed incorrectly. Is there an OsCommerce bundle with STS already installed that I can download?

Try using a File Comparison tool such as BeYond Compare or WinMerge to compare your shop's files with the files from the contribution. This will easily point out if anything was not installed correctly.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Try using a File Comparison tool such as BeYond Compare or WinMerge to compare your shop's files with the files from the contribution. This will easily point out if anything was not installed correctly.

Okay, im at a loss. It shows everything as unique with nothing similar... Is there a way I could email you an FTP login for my oscommerce and you could just see for yourself and then let me know? I can delete the FTP after? :)